Okay, this isn’t funny anymore. I really want a PS5 now. Surely more are going to be readily av…

Home Forums A haunted junk yard Okay, this isn’t funny anymore. I really want a PS5 now. Surely more are going to be readily av…

• This topic has 176 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 60 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Okay, this isn’t funny anymore. I really want a PS5 now. Surely more are going to be readily available by the time Christmas hits. Right? If nothing else I would like to finish off my PS4 backlog using the infinitely superior PS5 controller in ease and comfort. And it would also be nice to actually play the Ghost of Tsushima DLC and FFVII Integrade

Anonymous

PChads stay winning

Anonymous

too bad I’m an idort you fucking faggot. And I still can’t upgrade from my 1050ti because the cryptoscum have made it impossible to get a 3080 without spending 3 grand

Anonymous

>grand
          overclockers have a whole bunch of 3080s in stock at the minute

Anonymous

They’re still well over a grand anon.

Anonymous

[…]
              […]
              you’re retarded if you think they will ever drop to below £1000. That had might as well be MSRP at this point.

Not OP, I’m genuinely tempted to buy a GTX 970 for their current going price of £230. I’m never going to be able to afford a new mid range card ever again, so why not pay that much for a 4-5 year old model? People on here say it’s not worth it, but the more expensive cards aren’t worth it either.

Anonymous

Buy a prebuilt, sell the computer, and keep the GPU

Anonymous

Unless your current card is a 750ti or something that wont be enough of an upgrade to justify it,

Anonymous

I don’t have a PC, only a 10 year old laptop.

Buy a prebuilt, sell the computer, and keep the GPU

Prebuilts with any sort of half decent GPU in them are over a thousand pounds, probably £2k+. Without the graphics card, I doubt the prebuilts are worth much of anything.

Anonymous

afaik a good gpu alone is currently over a thousand pounds. Its that bad. This world is mad. Berenstein turned to stain and all the world is ashiver, man and woman alike will feel a coldly dunk in the river

Anonymous

Okay. But I’m not willing to pay a thousand pounds or more for just a GPU, I don’t want to mine or whatever I just want to play videogames.
                      So if I’m going to play PC games then I had might as well buy the old card for what I would have been willing to pay several years ago.
                      People on here keep saying "play games on PC" but I genuinely think they don’t know or care how this would happen.

Anonymous

Well the thing was with pc you had to get in before the collapse, so like 2019. Now most are locked out. I can see the logic of 970 if all you have currently is a laptop though

Anonymous

>Well the thing was with pc you had to get in before the collapse, so like 2019.
                        So then at this point, there’s no point in telling people to play games on PC. Right? Since I can’t imagine I’m alone in being unwilling to drop so much money on a newish machine.

Anonymous

I’d only tell the rich to convert to PC at this point. But since there’s no games on PS5 or XboneSex, and Switch is rather overpriced for its hardware we’re sort of in a holding period right now.

Anonymous
                      Anonymous

I don’t know. That’s why I’m not interested in buying one, £1k for a single component is not worth it to me period no matter the power. Frankly, £1k is stretching how far I’d be willing to pay for a game playing device.
                      There are games I do want to play on PC that I can’t play on my PS4 or switch or laptop. Stuff that isn’t even system intensive for nowadays but which my systems will not run. I have no idea if a GTX 970 would be enough. For say, Highfleet? Shipbreaker? Teardown? It’s neat little games like that I want to play. But again, nothing so fantastic that I want to drop even best part of a grand on a machine to play them. The MSRP for the PS5 doesn’t even seem worth it, let alone scalper prices.

Anonymous

>The MSRP for the PS5 doesn’t even seem worth it,
                        It isn’t. Not enough games and certainly no games worth 500 bucks

Anonymous

I bought my prebuilt (3060ti R5 5600X, 16gb ram, 1tb SSD) for $1650. That’s about as much as a new GPU by itself costs. I can play pretty much everything on ultra (on a 1440p monitor) with high frame rate.

You can put a shittier GPU in the computer and sell it to make back a good amount of cash, or trade parts and upgrade.

Anonymous

Okay. Would this be worth it then? About 1700-1800USD.

Anonymous

Would help if I attached the picture.

Anonymous

For what specs?

Anonymous

Would help if I attached the picture.

Anonymous

That’s starting to be on the more expensive side for sure. You can probably find better deals out there

Anonymous

at MSRP value?

Anonymous

They’re still well over a grand anon.

retard

you’re retarded if you think they will ever drop to below £1000. That had might as well be MSRP at this point.

Anonymous

nobody cares about your irrelevant island

Anonymous

it was in reference to a UK retailer, stupid fucking mutt

Anonymous

your currency has a fat fucking L as its’ symbol, take the L and learn to cope better.

Anonymous

>doubling down on retardation

classic mutt tactic

Anonymous

L

Anonymous

retard

Anonymous

You took the time to write out the captcha to post this.

Anonymous

Oh yeah? Well you took the time to write out the captcha to post THAT!

Anonymous

you didn’t take the time to read the thread before posting out the suggestion for overclockers without realizing that no one wants to purchase an overpriced GPU you dumb BritBong

Anonymous

Nigga that’s what you get for buying a 1050 Ti and expecting to upgrade to a 3080
          You would be bottlenecked by all your other shit anyway

Anonymous

Do you think I bought the 1050ti yesterday melanoid? or even just last year? holy shit you’re retarded

>no, I just enjoy actually owning my games
            overrated concept, if youre not going to sell them after youre done you might as well have the convenience of digital
            what are you gonna do, stare at them?

you’re deluded

Anonymous

>you’re deluded
              how, actually having games on display is dorky as fuck

Anonymous

So buy a 3070 or 3070 ti? Not my fault you’re a lazy melanoid that doesn’t want to do the bare minimum to get a card at msrp. I got 2 at msrp just last week

Anonymous

>I really want a PS5 now
      You disgust me.

Anonymous

>I really want a PS5 now
      Why? Another shit madden/nba/soccer clone?

Anonymous

Just wait 3 years for the PS5 Pro, and thank the people who paid out the ass for a scalped console for beta testing Astro’s Playroom for you.

Anonymous

I really doubt upgraded versions of the new gen are going to be made, considering the generation began with two models each.

Anonymous

>considering the generation began with two models each.
          That happened with the PS3/360 as well both had multiple revisions. Mostly just slimming down since pro-shit wasn’t a thing yet.

Anonymous

Those revisions were released years after the original release, and as you said, were largely just efforts at streamlining the hardware. It’s not really the same thing at all.

Anonymous

Based scalper bros dabbing on snoys so hard software sales are tanking

Anonymous

Scalpers make sure that you won’t get one as long as Sony can’t produce them in larger numbers thanks to the chip shortage.

Anonymous

Why do you really want a PS5? All games except for demons souls can be played better on pc.

Anonymous

Literally read the OP and the entire thread faggot. GPUs are just as scalped as the PS5. And I already gave you my reasons as to why I want one.

Anonymous

>wanting a dilation station 5

Anonymous

Just hang out on certain websites that tell you when shit restocks. Then go and buy one when it restocks.

Also, fuck scalpers.

Anonymous

Even that doesn’t always work.
        I was put into a queue for an hour once the restock came in and guess what… once it finished they had already sold out.
        It’s a fucking joke.

Anonymous

Except that… does work. I was in a queue for the ps5 today, got into the queue, and bought it. Just follow stock checkers on social media

Anonymous

What part of I’m banned from Twatter do you not understand

Anonymous

Not very intelligent, are you?
            You got lucky, everyone is doing that and bots are buying them up for the scalpers as soon as restocks become available.
            There is no guaranteed way to get one short of paying a scalper which if done online is not worth the risk even if you have more money than sense.

Anonymous

>Not very intelligent, are you?
              Speaking about yourself, retard?
              Of course if you get into the queue an hour after the announcement that a store is live for ps5 drops, you won’t make it. I got in as soon as I got the notification, and I was in a queue for half an hour. What happened? I bought it. This was the FIRST time I even bothered to look for a ps5 too.
              You’re just stupid.

Anonymous

Reading comprehension, you retard, esl or both.
                I was immediately put into an hour long queue after responding to the notification immediately.
                I did not wait an hour BEFORE trying to access the link, dumbass retard.
                If you actually did get one that’s called being luckly, you beat the bots and people doing exactly what you’re doing.

Anonymous

Nah, you’re retarded and didn’t go for anti-scalper sites. Your fault.

Anonymous

and you can’t read

Anonymous

And you’re retarded

Anonymous

Sorry, I’m banned from Twatter

Anonymous

>I really want a PS5 now.
      have a nice day. You are a part of the problem.

Anonymous

What games have you played and purchased recently. What threads have you posted in recently.

Anonymous

>got my ps5 last month
      >beat tsushima
      >beat new ratchet and clank
      >it just sits there now while I play AOE 2 and other non exclusives on my PC

I’ll probably get nu Demon Souls for it eventually but meh I beat that back when I was a kid, Sony really needs to do what they did back in the PS2 days and just fund an absolute shitload of exclusives, but I think they’re trying to go the Microsoft route and just release everything.

Anonymous

>haven’t played Returnal and Demon’s Souls, but is complaining about lack of games

get your shit together, these two are the best PS5 games out there

Anonymous

is Returnal actually any good? I’m not going to lie it looked REALLY generic from the trailer.

Anonymous

It’s the best use of the dualsense controller and PURE gameplay fun. It’s like Nex Machina with a more somber tone, but just as much gameplay.

The best game of the year, jn my opinion

Anonymous

Are you based in Australia? I can get one for you i have so far purchased 8 for family and friends

Anonymous

no, but you can get one for me regardless.
        Please?

Anonymous

nah only helping aussies

Anonymous

As expected from a bigot who is currently getting his shit pushed in by accented gestapo with leashed Koalas instead of german shepards

Anonymous

At least I have a ps5 but

Anonymous

>Are you based in Australia? I can get one for you i have so far purchased 8 for family and friends

how?

Anonymous

just gotta be really quick when drops occur.

Anonymous

>almost a year since the PS5 was released
      >still have to watch sites like a hawk to know when they drop

Anonymous

>retards falling for get rich quick scams will ruin video games
      This isn’t what I expected to kill my hobby

Anonymous

I was knew it would be the fucking normaldiverse folk that would do it in for me, but not like this.

Anonymous

>mfw I got it in Brazil just fine on Amazon last month but now it’s not available anywhere

I really thought that last month they had finally deslt with the supply situation, but I guess not. Anyway, play Returnal and Demon’s Souls, feels great man

Anonymous

forgot pic, what I did was just check Amazon at random times thoughout my day, then it happened to restock, good luck

Anonymous

hola, pedro

Anonymous

I don’t speak spanish, sorry

Anonymous

Would like to play updated ps4 games

Anonymous

Yep. Half of the most recent PS4 releases have been optimized for the Pro only, which is utter horse shit, so I’d like to just get a PS5 and forego the Pro Ultra garden gnome Edition.

Anonymous

Sony’s holding on to a holiday surplus, have hope.

Anonymous

> post yfw console fags will now and forever need to deal with scalpers every generation

Anonymous

Returnal is my favorite new game, Demon’s Souls close second.

Anonymous

I helped my co-worker get one due to still having Walmart updates on, but even then it was still just pure luck for him.

Anonymous

Well, how swell it is for your co-worker then.

Anonymous

It seriously needs PS5 games because it’s already looking like a PS4 Pro-Pro

Anonymous

I wouldn’t know because I never paid out shekels for a Pro like a dumb cunt. pic related, my PS4

Anonymous

What’s wrong with that?

Anonymous

I laff at you. PS5/SeX/OLED Switch/3080 Master Race.

Anonymous

I got one November last year, super lucky… go to PS direct if you really want one

Anonymous

>got ps5 digital for $375 after some retard panic sold it an hours drive from me

Anonymous

>digital
        I’d rather not have a PS5 at all than that version. No thanks

Anonymous

whats wrong baby boy
          cant handle not being able to sell your games?

Anonymous

no, I just enjoy actually owning my games

What games have you played and purchased recently. What threads have you posted in recently.

>no response
            like clockwork

Anonymous

>no, I just enjoy actually owning my games
              overrated concept, if youre not going to sell them after youre done you might as well have the convenience of digital
              what are you gonna do, stare at them?

Anonymous

Lol dumb fuck he wants to legally own his games and not just a license that is leased to him that will be removed when a remaster trilogy comes out

Anonymous

got mine get fucked.

Anonymous
      Anonymous

Why? There is nothing good on it that isn’t playable on the PS4.

Anonymous

except games run like shit on the PS4 when Sony is optimizing all of their shit for the Pro and PS5 something fierce.

Anonymous

>I really want a PS5 now
      what for? theres no games to play
      and no , the shitty xbox doesnt have games either , just like ps4 and the previous xbox

Anonymous

>the shitty xbox doesnt have games either
        2 more months

Anonymous

have a nice day. You are a part of the problem.

>I really want a PS5 now
        You disgust me.

>yes goy buy the new switch, buy the n64 ports and our new 5 hours game for 60 dollars goy

Anonymous

Who are you quoting?

Anonymous

not him but
        >Elden Ring
        >Stranger of Paradise FF
        >Nioh 2 (I know it’s been out for a while but I haven’t played it)
        These games are worth owning a ps5 for me just for improved framerates and load times without having to become a chump pc gaymer.

a white guy

>he doesn’t know

You won’t be getting one til Christmas…. 2 years from now.

Anonymous

>buy psonline sub
      >sony will send a invite to take part in getting one at the site
      >save all info beforehand
      >get in que and have enough time to get one because it’s hard to scalp from there

Stop trying to use Walmart and shit like that. Going straight to source and keeping an eye on your inbox is the key. It’ll be in promotions tab.

Anonymous

>mfw Sony sent me an email to buy one but I didn’t notice it until an hour after the queues closed

Anonymous

Don’t worry. You didnt want it anyway

Anonymous

Yes, I did.

Anonymous

The closer it gets to Christmas, the more they’re going to be bought up by scalpers. Late November/Early December is the best time to sell.

Anonymous

Wooo, I got a 500 dollar profit for the one ps5 I have…

Anonymous

>things will be more available closer to christmas
      Are you actually retarded?

Anonymous

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/10/best-buy-offers-exclusive-access-to-ps5-stock-if-you-pay-extra-200-a-year/

In 2030, You will have to preorder a 200 dollar subscription to Bestbuy loyalty program to buy a 900 dollar PS6 and a SonyNetwork sub for 100 dollars a year in order to rent FF7 Part 4 for 30 days at the price of 70 dollars per 30 day period.

Anonymous

who the FUCK is buying this piece of shit with no games

Anonymous

>mfw Chad that doesn’t like in the US were you can easily get a PS5.

Anonymous

>he hopes, unironically, that it will be easier to get one
      >during the holidays
      >chip shortage is going to last well into 2022 if not longer
      every fucking parent with an annoying spoiled child is going to be out in force prowling every possible avenue to get one for their little shit for christmas. Kids who had no chance or way to buy one have now joined the pool of people trying to get one. Along with that the chip shortage shows no signs of getting any better. It’s going to be dry as hell and you’ll be outrageously lucky to get your hands on one at msrp

Anonymous

No, it will be even harder to get one during the holidays, especially with shipping projected to get even worse then. Stop wanting one, they are worthless and have no games.

Anonymous

>they are worthless and have no games
        Except all the ps4 games that look and run better and all the upcoming games that will be played best on ps5.

Anonymous

Have you seen the coming future too? You should be more concerned about civilizational collapse than a PS5.

Anonymous

[…]

Anonymous

I have never posted on /pol

Anonymous

go back

Anonymous

>I really want a PS5 now
      You wanna play bugsnax that bad huh?

Anonymous

He just can’t wait for 2030 eh?

Anonymous

>wanting to buy an actual no gaems oversized router
      correct this isn’t funny anymore

Anonymous

in the UK prime membership gets priority to buy them. I’ve bought 2 in the last 3 months.

Anonymous

I read that as
        >in the UK prime ministership gets priority to buy them.
        Was going to respond "Hi Boris!"

Anonymous

why do you want the nogamestation 5?

Anonymous

A man became a house in a PS5 game.

Anonymous

In my local store they’re selling it for 900$ with 3 games. Fuck that shit, might as well wait a year or two and get a new pc

Anonymous

>waited for PS5 to be in stock eventually and nabbed it for MSRP
      >bought a prebuilt PC that can run every new game on ultra at 160fps
      >have a switch

Feels good to be an idort. Poorfags/3rd worlders and underage need not apply.

OP, you’re just going to have to lurk tracking sites for a PS5. Don’t pay over MSRP. Good fucking luck finding a 30 series GPU at a non scalped price lmao. You might be better off buying a prebuilt, and then selling the whole computer with you 1050ti to someone. I’ve also heard that 3070 or 3070ti cards aren’t that hard to get because you can’t mine on them

Anonymous

If you have so many games then why do you brag here instead of playing them? 😉

Anonymous

I shitpost on my phone while watching coding tutorials

Anonymous

Bad way to retain and integrate information. You realize to get a programm0r job you actually have to know your shit, not just have a cert or a degree right?

Anonymous

I don’t want a programming job, I’m just trying to make games for fun. I’m shit at code though. Even when I’m paying attention, it’s hard for me to process what is being taught

I do a lot better with “tangible” stuff like 3D modeling or even visual coding

Anonymous

Also
              >muh degree
              Doesn’t mean shit. My old boss got a cushy job at Nike programming by doing a very class to learn how to code

Anonymous

we all know dopamine hits from shitposting are higher than video games. i dont even know why people buy consoles at this point. just watch Maggle videos.

Anonymous

wtf Gankerbros our picket line against sony isnt working, what do we do now? how can we stop them from winning again?

Anonymous

You can’t. People are buying a 900 dollar console with no games as a status symbol to act like they’re so rich they won’t be fucked when The Hard Times come. They probably have their butler whose literal name is Jeeves refreshing the bestbuy.com page waiting for it to restock. These people are consoOOming monsters and nothing will stop them.

Anonymous

Mines literally sitting unplayed. What’s the best way to sell it?

Anonymous

Might as well wait now since the newest version runs hotter

Anonymous

Why aren’t you buying a life size Wonder Woman instead of a PS5?

Anonymous

brb, selling my ps5

Anonymous

brb, selling my ps5

Its time, anons, the waifu age is upon us.

Anonymous

There’s fuck all to play.

Anonymous

>poorfag
      >stop buying games so I can save up money for a ps5
      >can’t buy a ps5
      >spend half the money I had saved up for a ps5
      well, at least at the rate things are going I’ll be able to save back up again

Anonymous

if you aren’t a drooling retard, getting restock alerts would get you one in under a month, but now that holiday shopping is starting it’s going to become as hard to get one as retards already thought it was.

Anonymous

>I really want a PS5 now
      fucking why?
      there’s literally nothing to play but rehashed multiplats and remakes

Anonymous

He is a consoomer just for the sake of consooming like most of the US at this point, who values buying the latest gadget more than retiring.

Anonymous

I’m not OP but I actually have a very specific reason why I want a PS5 and that’s because I gave my PS4 to my parents so they could watch Netflix and shit and I want a PS5 so I can replay all of my old PS4 games, for example I want to replay Bloodborne and Kingdom Hearts and the new Death Stranding Director’s Cut. I know I could pirate KH on my PC but I don’t want to because I already own the games. I also want a PS5 for future exclusives like FF7R Pt. 2 and FF16 as well as some other games I’m sure will be coming out soon. Also my PC is kinda shitty and I can’t afford a new rig right now.

Anonymous

> future exclusives like FF7R Pt. 2 and FF16

Anonymous

Despite all the ghost jannie shit I still really liked FF7R and I even went into the game with a negative mindset because I was pissed they were splitting it up into parts.

Anonymous

Wait for a pro version

Anonymous

PC and Switch chads just keep on winning.

Anonymous

>PC
        Anon have you seen the PC part market right now?

Anonymous

Why?

Anonymous

PLAYSTATION

HAS

GAMES

Anonymous

BUT NO SYSTEM TO PLAY THEM ON

Anonymous

Jesus christ you sound like such a faggot, if you needed it you would’ve had it already

Anonymous

not paying a melanoid who’s reselling it more money even if I can afford it simply out of principle.

Anonymous

>I want to upgrade to a PS5 so I can play the things Sony intentionally held from me.
      Is this how it feels to be Sony’s bitch?

Anonymous

>friend has a ps5
      >played some of returnal
      >actually really enjoyed it, controller feels good
      >want ps5 to play more, plus ghost of tsushima because only played it on base ps4
      Fuck bros, I actually really wish they were available.

Anonymous

>Surely more are going to be readily available by the time Christmas hits. Right?
      No, there will be even less because its a holiday season where people buy everything they can

Viewing 60 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.