Overall, what’re your thoughts on New World? Is it a good game in your opinion?

Home Forums A haunted junk yard Overall, what’re your thoughts on New World? Is it a good game in your opinion?

• This topic has 66 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 37 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Overall, what’re your thoughts on New World? Is it a good game in your opinion?

Anonymous

>mmo
      It’s shit

Anonymous

k bud

Anonymous

I’ve tried multiple mmos and can never get the appeal, what is it people like about them?

Anonymous

Depends on when you "tried multiple mmos". If you tried them since 2004 then the answer is simple, they’re all the same. MMO’s, of all the genres I know of, are the only one that has aged irredeemably so and that is mostly because the appeal, when they were first made was centered around how new and amazing the internet was. To not only be able to CHAT but PLAY in a VIRTUAL WORLD with thousands of other people? It blew everyone’s balls off back in the 90’s. It was a gay grindfest though back then but now with how normalized socialization is online there’s nothing to offset the skinnerbox so now all you have left are a bunch of silent boring players that camp their discord and grind mounts or faggy cosmetics.

Anonymous

Genre for bug people who want to work/be productive without actually working or being productive. They run around clicking on resources believing they are doing something worthwhile and even pay for it.

Anonymous

>I’ve tried multiple mmos
            Name them

Anonymous

It’s been years and I don’t remember them because I didn’t enjoy it but I’ll list the ones I do remember
              >2010ish: WoW
              >forgot when: Runescape
              >as a kid: that CartoonNetwork one, Fusionsomething
              >last year: FF14

Anonymous

>>2010ish: WoW
                >>forgot when: Runescape
                >>as a kid: that CartoonNetwork one, Fusionsomething
                >>last year: FF14
                All shit.

Anonymous

Then what are some good moms and why are they good,? I’ve ignored the genre because the ones I’ve tried have been bad

Anonymous

Ultima Online.
                    Because it’s a true sandbox do whatever the fuck you want.

Anonymous

Like what the other guy said, Ultima Online is good.
                    I’d also suggest keeping an eye on Book of Travels. It’s exploration and social-focused.

Anonymous
            Anonymous

regular rpgs are lazy, lack content, and typically have no coop/social interaction. people play mmos because you can get things like a class system, somewhat complex combat system, beautiful and expansive zones and storytelling, do everything with your friends, and sometimes get to do relaxing shit like owning a house or going fishing. mmos are basically what rpgs are supposed to be, but havent been for 20 years.

Anonymous

So we’re just lying now, the only correct thing is said is mmos having a social aspect(granted, why would you ever want to deal with a majority of the retards online is what should be asked)

Anonymous

ahah is this me?
          >GM Stealing
          >GM Hiding
          >GM Snoop
          >Just run around the wilderness/dungeons looking for people
          >Run up to heavily armed player
          >Shuffe through their inventory quickly find runestone marked home
          >steal it
          >find keys to their house named home
          >steal them
          >they notice me just standing there with my face pressed up against them
          >they pull halberd
          >I fade
          >call friend on second phone line (first is being used for game)
          >we go tearing through their house and loot everything they own in the world
          oh, and
          >yes, I have my own rune marked ‘home’
          made it by stacking 50 tables and setting it on top, then removing the tables
          >enough fall damage to kill anyone in the game
          >loot their corpse when it drops out of the sky
          and
          >have a bag full of 100 house keys named random things, one works
          >house is wall to wall locked poisoned chests
          >none are named

but yeah mmos are bad

Anonymous

>Is it a good game in your opinion?
      No
      As expected amazon can’t make games

Anonymous

i want a refund so i can buy cyberpunk instead

Anonymous

A mediocre and derivative game that happened to be in the right place at the right time. Will be dead in three months.

Anonymous

It’s only fun if you either start a company with your friends or find a good company to join. Doing PVP/PVE with large groups is the only fun thing about this game, with fighting in a war being the most fun. Once you’ve done that a handful of times, you realize this game doesn’t have much to offer and it should of just stayed with being a pure PVP game. They may have made something truly fun if they kept that their focus and kept working on it.

Anonymous

I dunno. I enjoyed it during closed alpha but during beta it lost a lot of its appeal, felt like a step back. Haven’t played release version.

Anonymous

Played for 1h and saw nothing that I could call fun

Anonymous

I got my hours worth but I don’t see myself playing to level cap (currently lv.29), the customization is shit and the quests are getting boringly repetitive.

Will wait for the expansions or updates that make the game more fun like adding transmog for armors you’ve collected, it’s a good base but it needs more refinement.

gonna play GW2 in the meantime, thanks for reading my blog

Anonymous

it scratches the exact same itch that skyrim does. the exact same

Anonymous

>friend who is poor spends the 40 shekels to get the game
      >claims it will provide "hundreds of hours of entertainment"
      >mfw he stopped playing after 3 days and couldn’t afford to go out with us last weekend

Anonymous

you have to be underage or retarded to be poor in 2021

Anonymous

He’s actually 29 and lives off of the government

Anonymous

Based

Anonymous

Teach that dude how to pirate. If you are poor you’ve no business wasting money on vidya.

Anonymous

>want to play more and having a lot of fun
      >my friends want to play too but they all do shit all day and can only play for a couple hours a day, sometimes not at all
      >everyone else is powering to 60 while I’m stopped at level 29 waiting for my friends to "catch up"

God, I want to play so fucking bad but these guys are blueballing me so hard. Ill log into the game and think of all the things I could do and realize I cant do anything because I’ll get EXP and be further ahead

Anonymous

make a new character for solo play you dumbfuck

Anonymous

outside of the pike and shot aesthetic which only goes skin deep anyway, shit’s easily the least inspired in a genre famous for being completely uninspired after WoW swept the world

Anonymous

disappointing

Anonymous

when is the expansion inbound?

Anonymous

>Played 34 hours

Got bored. Felt like I was spinning my wheels trying to get my weapon skills up and crafting good gear. Took a break to play the BF2042 beta and now I just don’t feel like going back.

Anonymous

>can only use half of a weapon’s abilities at most
      I hate skill tree progression systems.

Anonymous

People seem to like it

Anonymous

It will be more or less dead in a few short months. Once most people hit 60 (many before then) they’ll realise that this is nothing but a grind for the sake of it.
      The combat is crap. The game world is copy paste crap. Enemies, same boring enemies and movesets from 0-60. Combat is crap. Pvp wars are crap AoE weapon spam fests. Combat is crap.
      It had potential in the alpha but the totally gimped the game to appeal to the lowest common denominator. The player base three months from now, unless they make massive fundamental changes to the game, will consist solely of autistic botters and troons waging psycho discord e drama wars against each other. Total shit fest.

Anonymous

>It had potential in the alpha
        muh stagger

Anonymous

When the fuck is the maintenance over?

Anonymous

Bros Lost Ark is gonna pop off, I just know it. The only way it doesn’t is if Amazon seethes when it overtakes their own game and sabotages it. They have the money to do it, they don’t give a fuck.

Anonymous

>Isometric
        Why are mathematicians obsessed with this shitty perspective?

Anonymous

It didn’t sit with me either initially, but you do get used to it. It’s probably what they had to do to stand out in a crowd of free camera MMOs. It’d also a nice not to the original MMOs that used the perspective.

isn’t Lost Ark more ARPG than "MMO"?

Actually not quite. It’s definitely an MMO, and even the gameplay doesn’t really feel like that of an ARPG either, although they do have one type of content called chaos dungeons that is sort like rift farming for the arpg fans that play it. The rest is sort of a mix of WoW and isometric Monster Hunter.

Anonymous

isn’t Lost Ark more ARPG than "MMO"?

Anonymous

Is it normal that sometimes my ice pillar will instantly go on cooldown once its duration is over, and sometimes it’ll stay greyed for a good minute before the cd starts going in?

Anonymous

It’s not a terrible game but it’s not going to take off the way Amazon wants because it has no real appeal to normalfag audiences.

Anonymous

You load sixteen tons, what do you get? Another days order and deeper in debt

Anonymous

Probably my favorite MMO of all time, but then again I hate MMOs. I can’t describe the amount of fun I’ve had just wandering in the world with my musket and spear, hunting skinning and gathering while PvP flagged and getting into running battles or hiding in the prone to ambush high level players. The War system needs some tweaking, but wars are a blast and involve some genuine tactics instead of tab-target MMO just stacking and waiting for gladius to tell you which one is the healer. You get decent XP doing literally anything in the game, the combat is immensely fun and the weapon combinations reward trying new stuff, at least to learn how to fight people with them. The crafting system is one of those where the majority of gear is made by players that is very good, and they all require a tier 1 resource, so the game incentivizes you to go back to the starting areas to gather, hunt, mine, etc. Not like other MMOs, you don’t just sit in the high level zones accessing 20% of the map.

The era it’s set in is so untapped too, all the weapons are more or less unique and fun to play with in a sea of medieval-fantasy. However, the barrier to enjoyment requires a brain beyond the average MMO since it isn’t a 100% skinner box where you anre 5 people go and grind the same dungeon over and over again so I’m nervous about it sticking around. The PvP is endlessly refreshing, but hammer and great axe are the two easiest weapons to use so be aware you are going to fight a ton of those people.

Anonymous

Just bought it today despite seeing it get a lot of shit, hopefully my friends don’t quit right away…

Anonymous

I thought the large scale pvp looked cool but when you realize each player has literally 3 skills on a 15 sec cd and auto attacks, you kinda realize that there’s no depth and it’s more just filling positions with bodies for the sake of numbers.

Anonymous

Launch week was absolute hype and drama with the initial land grab. MMO launches are always fun. Y’all missed out. I don’t give a fuck about reaching max level or endgame. Had my fun. Clocked about 120 hours.

Anonymous

exactly the beta mentality that makes sure games suck now
        >lol the game is terrible but who cares had my fun πŸ˜‰

Anonymous

It’s good. 70% of it is chill fetch quests and harvesting/crafting which I enjoy, I like grinding and the graphics and art design are great. The combat is intuitive but has enough depth to keep it interesting (musket/rapier combo is really fun and high skill cap). The other 30% is hard dungeons/quests and PVP which has also been good and challenging, what little I’ve done so far.

I’ve always liked MMOs but the combat has always been so boring, just locking on and spamming abilities. I like New World’s take on combat and I’ve only tried a few weapons. Besides the combat, NW is a pretty polished, well thought out MMO with some cool PVP features that seem to keep things pretty spicy on my server.

Anonymous

EU here, I can’t login.
      It says the servs are still under maintenance.
      Anyone knows why? My friends are currently connected with no issue.
      I have a second character on a server under maintenance but it’s not the one I’m trying to access.

Anonymous

no, it feels like a fucking job which is the exact opposite of what a game should be

Anonymous

It’s basically RuneScape with prettier graphics. I’ll get really into it off and on again in short bursts. I’m "off" right now.

Anonymous

Plays nothing like runescape lmao retard.

Anonymous

Runescape fags coping again. It’s time for you to get over your 20 year old boomer game and stop living in the past.

Anonymous

Rude. What’s your mining level? Fishing level? Woodcutting? Now what are those in New World? It’s the same game, friend.

Anonymous

It’s literally just shiny triple A rs, cope

Anonymous

Its classic world of warcraft with eso gameplay. Decent game, not enough content.

Anonymous

play return of reckoning

Anonymous

Imagine some publisher/dev would make an actually good and modern triple a mmorpg. They’d be set for life. The market is so fucking starved people play this garbage unironically. But no, they’re all still butthurt after trying and failing with their wow clones when wow was king. well faggots the king has fallen now is the time. It’s like they hate money.

Anonymous

i keep thinking this but with destiny. could you image how many players they would have if the game wasnt literal trash?

Anonymous

I got this game last week, played a ton, enjoying it, but going hard to try and catch up
      burned myself out and haven’t played this week haha

Anonymous

>Walking Simulator 2021
      I now quit after +100h.
      The game is a grindfest for sure if you want to level trade skills to useful levels.
      Coupled with the lack of better movement options and insane fast travelling cost at higher weight limits was enough to tire me out completely.
      I also found the usfulness of production skills rather limited. I never made any armor or weapons that were better than what I got from drops/quests. Including garden gnomeelery. I only made utility and consumable stuff like tools, bags and potions.
      The gear that could’ve eclipsed what I’ve worn required materials so rare, I’d probably have to grind for 1-200h more so I can have a roll at the rng. But by that point I’d probably already dropped something better from somewhere.
      Quests are a another mess since there is no way to share them with friends and repeatable ones are random for everyone.
      Dungeons require you to grind materials to craft keys or beg for invite (unless you got heals, then you’ll never have trouble finding groups like usual). They are probably one of the better aspects tho, since they can be rather challeging at the recommended levels. Also give tons of exp and good loot.
      PVP is an unbalanced gankfest where masses of 40-60 players roam in 1-25 starter areas and gank on the casuals that try the toggle for the first time.
      War is also a mess since whatever side grinded more char levels faster was heavily advantaged. Not to mention that that initiating a war in the first place costs a ton of gold.

Anonymous

>cities are copy/pasted from one another and rotated
      >you can mass report someone and get them insta banned
      >crafting other than furniture and consumables is basically useless
      >the end game crafting stuff is an absolute insane grind the likes of which weren’t even seen in oldschool pre-WoW mmos or KMMOs.
      >realistically there’s 40 enemy models, and that’s being generous
      >"go ahead and create a character where you want, we will have global free transfers up soon" -> "uhhh whoops, you can only transfer in-region and we don’t know how to make it where you can transfer off-region"

It’s fun, but about the time you’re hitting level 30 you’ll hit a massive fucking wall. Most of your trade skills will be around level 100 if you’ve been working on them, at which point it takes exponentially longer to level. Character XP is similar.

Shame, because the actual territory control and way you build up cities is fucking amazing. The game has some really great ideas but it’s swamped in absolute dogshit.

Viewing 37 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.