>PCs aren’t expensi–

Home Forums A haunted junk yard >PCs aren’t expensi–

• This topic has 84 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 31 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

>PCs aren’t expensi–

Anonymous

ve. Console cucks pay $70 per game and $60 a year just to play online.

Anonymous

PC started that though, with online game subscriptions, lmao.

Anonymous

Of course you can never expect PC fags to be honest with this stuff.

Anonymous

Of course you can never expect PC fags to be honest with this stuff.

microsoft and xbox live is what started the "paying for your own internet" plague and it spread and mutated from there to elsewhere. That was long before even wow’s 10 dollar per month fee or even everquests subscription fee you fucking newfags

Anonymous

ultima online was doing a paid sub before msft

Anonymous

>1 game
              >vs every game having online and multiplayer components locked until you pay the toll
              Yeah, MMOs have garden gnomeed people for longer, but microsoft was the one who made it so half of all of your games’ functionality is locked behind paying them to use your own internet.

Anonymous

t. retard

Anonymous

Blames MMO-s for console peasantry.
          Lel.

Anonymous

You can buy the games at discounts frequently. Your post is pure cope. Console gaming will always be cheaper than PC. That’s like one of the main draws besides ease of use.

Anonymous

Nope ps5 games will stay $70. Sorry you are a retard who bought a toy box.

Anonymous

that is something i find weird,its the reason i consider consoles a scam.

Anonymous

pc master race faggotry literally killed pc gaming. should have gatekept those fags out instead of DUDE IT IS JUST LEGO LMAO

Anonymous

Based.
          Some newfags started bragging about how better PC is to consoles (it is) and started the mass migration to PC.
          It’s a sad thing that this influx of retards allowed them to raise prices this high and it would be okay if this were momentary but I think this shit is going to stick, so PC gaming is going to have a higher gatekeep instead of actually knowing shit is just going to be a who is going to pay retard prices.

Anonymous

I blame Fortnite tbh
            Here me out
            So when I was a poor college student id take my aging mother out to window shop and get lunch and that became her exercise for the day
            I liked to take her to microcenter and fry’s since they’re reasonably big stores with interesting stuff to look at
            As the months went by I’d overhear sales floor reps selling people stuff
            And more often id hear a kid and his mom buying his first gaming computer, headset, microphone, etc.
            Like game streaming and Fortnite really blew up the PC space.
            You only got that experience if you were on PC because console streaming was still kinda in it’s infancy and everyone wanted to play Fortnite with their friends

Honestly idc much about PC prices right now cause I’ve got mine and I’m sure prices will eventually somewhat normalize once silicon shortage is over
            But I do like it that people are getting Into PC gaming because it means console exclusivity is becoming more and more irrelevant.
            Sony’s seething that they’re missing out on an exploding market of PC gamers
            And Microsoft fully embraced it
            Nintendo doesn’t care for some reason

Anonymous

Yeah, I forgot about streamingfags, they are also cancer, I didn’t need the Twitch leak to figure that out but is good to have proof reach the normalfags.

Anonymous

>PCMR

Anonymous

Go to your local university surplus

Anonymous

It’s that 3 month of adobe creative cloud. Rip off.

Anonymous

Are you blind? You get 3 free months of Adobe Creative Cloud. That thing practically plays for itself

Anonymous

I don’t think people realize how expensive the CC is.

Anonymous

It’s actually criminal how expensive Pixar level shot costs. These companies get way more money than they deserve.

Anonymous

imagine the amount of polygons that bad boy can handle when creating boobs and butts in modeling programs

Anonymous

>Quadro
      I’ve always wondered, are these even good for gaming, how would it compare to the 3090?

Anonymous

They aren’t. The company I’m at got some of them for the Zbrush artists and they weren’t any better than a Geforce when it comes to running games.

Anonymous

>The company I’m at got some of them for the Zbrush artists
          Nice larp faggot, ZBrush doesn’t use the GPU at all, even their documentation tells you to focus on CPU and system RAM for performance.

Anonymous

Not saying it was a good decision but we definitely had them and they did work with Zbrush. Why you had one and can say otherwise?

Anonymous

Not really, they’re optimized for the work professionals typically need instead of the speed/FPS that GeForce cards are. Not saying you can’t game on it, but the price you’d pay for a Quadro that’s comparable to a 3090 in gaming performance is going to ultimately cost you more for no real benefit.

Anonymous

They’re shit for gaming. This PC with a Xeon is a server/workstation to process a bunch of stuff concurrently and precisely.
        I don’t know what’s with this board vs Ganker, but this is full of retards and both tranniechuds and magachuds.
        This LAPTOP would beat it. Plus, the laptop comes with a 144hz screen, it’s the best deal although it runs like shit when overheating.

Anonymous

Mostly faggots baiting cuz OP chummed the waters with his shitty bait. Still, everyone ought to know the basics if they’re gonna into machines.

Anonymous

>Laptop
          >it runs like shit when overheating
          Which is why gaming laptops are and always will be a meme. Friend bought an amazing gaming laptop, but around the second hour of raiding, he had it go into emergency shutdown.

Anonymous

What are you going to render in that, anon-kun?

Anonymous

How the fuck is a personal computer 23,000 dollars? How does that even happen? Does this have a couple bars of gold inside it or something?

Anonymous

how much of a computer illiterate are you

Anonymous

>specs are listed on the image
        >Y COMPOOTER COST MANY MONIES

Anonymous

Overpriced bullshit hardware that would only help you if you were into design software. Most people don’t have a 20-core processor, because most games were never made for it.

Anonymous

If anyone is out there buying a Xeon for gaming, they were most definitely dropped as a child.

Anonymous

Why? I have a xeon and it runs every game at medium fine

Anonymous

>How the fuck is a personal computer 23,000 dollars?
        the hardware in that thing is not for personal use. shit like that is bought by hollywood companies who just write off the expense.

Anonymous

Ryzen 5 2600, go or not?

Anonymous

Wait for Zen 4 6k series and get the 16 core, it will be worth it.

Anonymous

I’m a poorfag

Anonymous

Get a job

Anonymous

>just waitโ„ข
          by the time hardware is unfucked we’ll be on intel 16000 series, ryzen 9000, rtx 6000, and rx 8000

Anonymous

CPUs are safe for now except for scalpers, and they last long.

Anonymous

it will not actually be worth the wait

Anonymous

Just buy it with the latest motherboard. You can always upgrade later.

Anonymous

thanks

Anonymous

>Intel Xeon
      >Quadro 6000
      >192gb SDRAM
      Actually worth considering for industrial purposes. I’ve touched a fair share of such machines. Machine learning is definitely a corporate endeavor for a reason.

Anonymous

These were made specifically for graphic designers, video editors and animators.

Fucking idiot. No one is playing vidya on those machines

Anonymous

I am.

Anonymous

>daring to claim to play vidya on server hardware, even as a joke
          Fucking heretic.

Anonymous

Playing Mario 64 rn on one of those

Anonymous

Would it run games well though?

Anonymous

i’ve seen a couple of dudes who do vfx work with machines with more ram than that

nigga’s crazy, but then they literally work on mahvel and ilm movies

Anonymous

just booted up crysis 2 on this bad boy and i’m getting 30 fps now, pretty rad

Anonymous

>192 GB of ram

Anonymous

>192 GB
      I know this is a workstation because of the Quadro but that’s a lot of Ram.

Anonymous

never worked with adobe programs before huh?

Anonymous

I have 6 Mayas open at work usually and I never go over 64GB. Which Adobe program uses that much? Not photoshop I imagine.

Anonymous

WTF BROS WHY ARE PROFESSIONAL WORKSTATIONS SO EXPENSIVE

Anonymous
      Anonymous

>192 gb of RAM

Anonymous

>23k and only 1TB SSD not even NVME

Anonymous

Why would you buy this? You can build a PC exactly like this for about 2000

Anonymous

>buy 23k PC
      >still can’t run games at 4k 120fps
      fuck you

Anonymous

but hey, now you can work at 4k. Isn’t that fun?

Anonymous

You’d still need a 4k monitor with a 144hz refresh rate which is an extra $700.

Anonymous

I want to get into gaming on PC again. But I don’t see any consistency in the numbers on these video cards. How am I supposed to know what’s newer or what’s better without prior knowledge?

Anonymous

>How am I supposed to know what’s newer or what’s better without prior knowledge?
        there’s this handy little trick that they don’t teach that often anymore it’s called fucking RESEARCH YOU DUMB melanoid

Anonymous

I stick to Nvidia so I only know that paradigm but
        30 series number, 9,10, 20, 30, 40, etc.
        90 model number bigger is better usually

Anonymous

Bigger numbers usually means better specs, but also means more money. Decide what you want in your system first: do you want to game quietly? Smoothly at high rendering? Raytracing? General use? Work?
        You can cheap out as low as GT 1030 for bare minimum graphics to RTX 3090 for maximum flexing on the poor and consolefags. Do your own damn research and find your sweet spot.

Anonymous

That’s a workstation for exterprise use
      On the one hand, buying It new means you’ll be paying enterprise pricing
      On the other hand, Enterprise auctions means you can get these for probably less than a good gaming computer when the company liquidates stuff

Anonymous

Want to start building a new PC before shit gets even more fucked. I do not want to wait until at least 2023 for prices to get better. But I don’t know what to do.
      Keeping in mind I’ve been riding a i5 3750k since idk 2013 I think (along with ddr3 ram), I’m looking at an AMD 5800x cpu with appropriate mobo.
      It’s already decently low at $393 (msrp is like $419+)
      How soon do the next gen AMD cpus drop? Is it really worth it to "wait"
      Are the next gen AMD cpus going to be a massive increase in performance over previous gen?
      If not a huge performance gain, how much of a discount will the 5800x be when the new one hits?
      I don’t want to be a forever wait fag.

Anonymous

amd has 2 launches next year:
        zen 3 refresh at the start of the year with a 15% uplift.
        zen 4 is probably q3/q4 with new architecture and ddr5 and all that jazz.

price drop, who knows.

depending on what you need, the intel 12th gen chips might be interesting. they’ve been pooping the bed a lot so spoonful of salt and all that, but those are out really soon and its worth keeping an eye on them.

Anonymous

I guess I need to follow intel more closely, but all I know is that they’ve fallen behind AMD in terms of performance. And I guess I got used to Ganker memes where intel was pretty much 14nm+++++++ refresh. And the new Alder Lake cpus being faster, but "house fire 400+ watts omglol"
          So idk…

Anonymous

Who are you quoting, stupid melanoid?

Anonymous

>–ve.

Anonymous

raspberry pis are a ripoff
        too expensive

Anonymous

this, get a banana pi

Anonymous

>OH SHIT GET THE FUCK DOWN IT’S A SNI-

Anonymous

>average sales tax rate could push that price almost up to $25,000
      You probably could have bought a nice car for that price, that’s how fucked these prices are right now.

Anonymous

Looks like I’ll just have to play GTA irl :B1:

Anonymous

I remember old optiplexes you could get a 4c/8t xeon for $15 and slot in a gtx1050 to get a console killer 4 years back
      whats up with newer xeons being such trash for gaming

Anonymous

>xenon
      that is terrible value

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.