playing as a spellcaster is the gayest thing you can do in a game

Home Forums A haunted junk yard playing as a spellcaster is the gayest thing you can do in a game

• This topic has 71 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 30 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

playing as a spellcaster is the gayest thing you can do in a game

Anonymous

Based truth teller.

Anonymous

>white
      >male
      >warrior

Anonymous

They should have been dead before they even knew you were there. OP a shit

Anonymous

Mage is better because mage can be a final boss.

Anonymous

while i generally agree you had to still had to go and be a faggot OP by picking the one game with fun magic

Anonymous

>standing still for 15 seconds while waiting for a bar to fill up
        >fun

Anonymous

>walk slowly for fifteen seconds
          >miss arc because it has 2 foot range
          objective fun list:
          Fighter>strider>ranger>mage>sorc>bullshit OP hybrids>>>>>>

[…]

Anonymous

>implying I play warrior
            Only time I played, I played to level 200 as a Sorcerer.
            I will agree that Fighter is at the top of that list, though. Had a blast playing it when I switched to level it for augments and training my pawn.

Anonymous

It’s definitely the most active playstyle. Doing a hard mode fighter solo run at the moment and it’s an absolute blast. Only class that fits that sweet spot of challenging and satisfying for me.
              Also means I have an excuse to actually use non-hp/stam consumables like tomes and environmental shit (I banned myself from throwblast cheese/early bbi)

Anonymous

God I love watching my pawn Antler Toss niggas into the stratosphere.
                Assassin, Ranger, and Magick Archer just felt like Strider but different, and I got filtered by the janky melee/ranged switch. Magick Archer was also just too OP to be fun. Warrior was lmao3skills, and all of the skills were shit. Mages are beta cucks that want to play support for other people, and you’ll never get anything done because the Arisen is 90% of the damage of the party no matter what, and the Pawns refuse to take initiative for anything and have too short of a tether even with Pioneer. Sorcerer was 90% positioning so you don’t get interrupted during the 15 seconds it takes for you to cast your world ending spell. I was tempted to play with the save editor to switch my pawn to 100% caster and running a 4 sorc party to try spell synching, though. I haven’t played with it at all.

Anonymous

Forgot Magic Knight. Spending 5 minutes buffing so you could fight for 2 minutes before rebuffing yourself got old, very fucking quickly.

Anonymous

4 sorcs party is the most fun I’ve had with the game, i thought that golems and metal golems were impossible with magic classes but not even they can survive a continuous rain of meteors

Anonymous

>hard mode
                Why are you playing on easy?

Anonymous

>ranger
            >not OP as fuck
            nigga tenfold arrow with explosives is the most busted shit in this game

Anonymous

>Fun list

Anonymous

if you are crying about classes not being fun because they are OP its hypocritical to not complain about the most broken one

Anonymous

First, not him
                  Second, I’m not crying about ranger being op and not fun, not even him since he put it in 3rd place
                  Third, 10 fold blast arrow spam is the most boring way to play ranger

Anonymous
                  Anonymous

ranger’s fun, just not as fun as strider or fighter imo. tenfold blast is bullshit damage but I don’t think it’s necessarily that enjoyable after the first daimon kill.

Why would you put mage above sorcerer? Sorcerer can do everything mage can expect heal and grapnel enemies, things that aren’t exactly fun to do

i like the debilitations and they proc torpor with rusted staff. It’s also neat to have a pawn with the stamina hammer getting absolutely smashed and healing/debilitating/brontiding.

All classes are fun (even warrior) I just don’t like getting looked at once and losing my charged cast

Anonymous

I always thought fighter was cool but dagger vocations, particularly strider, ruined every other vocation for me. I just can barely tolerate not having brain splitter but I just can’t live without instant reset.

Anonymous

Why would you put mage above sorcerer? Sorcerer can do everything mage can expect heal and grapnel enemies, things that aren’t exactly fun to do

Anonymous

no nO NO I HAVE THE POWER!!! LIGHTNING BOLT LIGHTNING BOLT LIGHTNING BOLT!!!

Anonymous

>I’M NOT GAY I’M NOT GAY I’M NOT GAY I’M NOT GAY

Anonymous

Yes.

Anonymous

Play Two Worlds II if you want a good RPG with fun magic
      Dragons Dogma is good at many things, but magic combat ain’t one of them
      Not unless you set up your pawns to combo-cast with you so you spam grand bolide and gicel and shit constantly anyway

Anonymous

Use the augment that lowers your chance of getting interrupted while spellcasting

Anonymous

>hmm this game has classes
      >let’s go with the default
      >perfect, it’s balanced for game journalists and retards
      >swing swing swing swing swing swing
      >god I’m good

Anonymous

Then what’s a spellsword?

Anonymous

A shitty warrior and a shitty mage all wrapped up into one shitty package, unless you’re playing Elder Scrolls
        I still love the shit out of them and play them whenever I can, though

Anonymous

>A shitty warrior and a shitty mage all wrapped up into one shitty package
          >gets rekt by a low lvl no item noob

Anonymous

Tranny

Anonymous

I’ve never played MA and Ranger, I’ve only dabbled with mage (for obvious reasons) and Strider.

Anonymous

For me, it’s melee PC with support sorcerer NPCs.

Anonymous

KNOCK KNOCK MOTHERFUCKER

Anonymous

heh nothing personell kid

Anonymous

>dragon’s dogma sorcerer
      >not conjuring meteors or tornadoes
      >not even using holy focused bolt

Anonymous

DD2 announcement when bros?

Anonymous

Gayer than gay faggoty sex where he pins me down while holding my hands and kisses me on the mouth while thrusting deep inside me telling me how he’s going to impregnate me with his cum?

Anonymous

Pfff it is 2021.
      There is way gayer shit in games nowadays.

Anonymous

It’s kind of acceptable in TES because melee is so fucking weightless and generally unsatisfying that you might as well shoot flames instead but yeah magic is incredibly lame in pretty much every game, DD was not an exception even though Ganker spent years trying to tell me otherwise. Let me instantly snap explosions into being, fuck off with this 20 second long incantation for epic useless tornado boring bullshit.

Anonymous

>can kill the big chained up gorecyclops in a single cast
        >the 2nd best way to solo maneaters
        >"useless"
        Also, it being instant would be lame. The cast times should be shorter, but too short and it wouldn’t have the same sort of impact.

Anonymous

>duuuude it only gets good in the dlc
      K
      >slog through the game
      >finally get to the DLC
      >it’s a shitty Dark Souls clone
      What a waste of my time

Anonymous

Dark Arisen killed the game for me. I was looking forward to my NG+ hard mode run, until I got to Dark Arisen. The grind that stretched 2 hours of content out into 20 made the game completely overstay its welcome. By the time I was done with Dark Arisen, I had burned out on the game, and was no longer interested in a NG+.

Anonymous

Why did you grind for 20 hours?

Anonymous

Because Cursed Weapon lvl 3 refused to give me a sword, and Cursed Armor lvl 3 refused to give me boots of any kind.

Anonymous

Literally just reroll it by changing vocations
              Also lvl 3? Were you killing Daimon for the second time? That’s like NG+ in Dark Arisen anyway

Anonymous

If it’s one weapon for one vocation color, it’ll always be that weapon for that vocation color. So if my pawn and I are red vocations, and a warhammer is rolled, that one will always be a warhammer for a red vocation. And armor will always be the same slot and quality, so if a Hellfire Chest is rolled, it will always be a chest of the appropriate quality for the other two colors, no matter what. I cracked over 30 lvl 3 weapons and armors before I ended up just save editing in what I wanted.

Anonymous

Also, the seed is predetermined, so you will always get the same items in the same order, no matter what. When I was playing with the save editor, I added in a ton of lvl 3 weapons and armors just to see how long it would have taken me to get a sword or any pair of boots the hard way. I would have had to crack open over 100 weapons before I got a sword, and over 70 armors.

Anonymous

But why, though? You can kill shit with your bare hands in hard mode. If you don’t enjoy farming cursed items then there is literally no reason to do it.

Anonymous

The thing that pissed me off about Maelstrom, aside from the 20 second cast time and the lack of visibility, is the 5 seconds of cast animation on top of the cast time during which you can still get interrupted. Literally every single other spell in the game casts the second you release it, period, even if the cast animation is interrupted. But not for Maelstrom. You still have to spend 5 seconds of watching your character spin their staff above their head during which you can be interrupted and fail the cast. It’s the only inconsistent spell in this regard, and that pisses me off.

Anonymous

>Grand brontide
      >spanking demons with a lighting whip

You full of shit

Anonymous

why be a bitch that can get fried, turned inside out, and polymorphed into an inanimate object when you can be the chad that does all those things to the faggy little warrior that thinks he’s cool?

Anonymous

yeah mages are gay as fuck

Anonymous

>casts death
      >teleports away to have tea with little witch apprentice
      >nothing personnel non magic folk

Anonymous
      Anonymous

>can swing shit in real life
      >can shoot better shit than arrows in real life
      >can’t do magic in real life
      Nah you gay as fuck

Anonymous

>why ofcourse I have several loli apprentices, is that something of a taboo in fighters guild?

Anonymous

Why are people into "nerd culture" shit like video and tabletop games so fucking insecure about their sexuality and manliness (or lack thereof)? No normal person I know puts so much stock into how gay or straight something is yet with faggot gamers it’s always
      >x is gay/for women
      >heehee support/healing is for sissies
      People who have functioning lives and occasionally play video games don’t seem to give a shit, they play what’s fun for them and if the game requires some sort of party composition I’ve never seen one where no one wants to take the support role and feel like it’s an attack on their masculinity. Is all of this just pathetic social outcasts overcompensating or something?

Anonymous

t.cocksucking faggot
        tldr

Anonymous

>heehee support/healing is for sissies
        >teleports behind you
        >heals you to death
        >haves threesome while one of the companion girls listens and masturbates
        nothing personnel kid

Anonymous

>we want to have rape in our anime because consensual sex is too much of a far flung fantasy for our fucking loser target audience
          >what? have him just go around raping people? no don’t do that the dregs that watch this garbage still need to feel like their self insert is the good guy so make some faggot plot about him getting fucked in the ass so they can feel morally superior while getting off
          >also add some gimmick in there that no one else did yet make him a healer yeah that’s sure to get their interest
          God this shit was such pure unfiltered cringe. If you want to have an anime where some dude goes around raping bitches just have him do that and not this lame edgelord that wants to feel like a good guy shit

Anonymous

>God this shit was such pure unfiltered cringe. If you want to have an anime where some dude goes around raping bitches just have him do that and not this lame edgelord that wants to feel like a good guy shit
            it’s a modern classic masterpiece of a story

Anonymous

This is the exact opposite of my experience. Normie men are the only people I’ve seen be concerned about looking like a faggot for playing a healer/support character.

Anonymous

Mage is not the same as healer
        Sorcerer is neutral
        Support class can be dps or crit related
        Americans think mage = healer

That being said I NEVER take the support class because people are such overcompensating faggots that if something goes wrong its the support class fault and if something goes right its the skill of the damage dealer, so i always pick tank, damage dealer or crit

Anonymous

Isn’t that just people being faggots in general? It’s not like someone playing a support class is going jump at the opportunity to take responsibility for every failure. It’s just easier to escape that as DPS since there’s usually more of them so you never have to shoulder the responsibility alone.

Anonymous

bros I am gonna play DD soon and will only have time for only one playthrough. what is the best class to get the most out of the DD experience for the first/only playthrough? I was thinking the magic/melee hybrid but anons here are saying they’re too OP to be fun?

Anonymous

melee builds are always the worse and the people who play them are insufferable faggots

Anonymous

Mage is not the same as healer
      Sorcerer is neutral
      Support class can be dps or crit related
      Americans think mage = healer

Viewing 30 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.