post good games that cost less than $60 and also have more than 6 hours worth of content

Home Forums A haunted junk yard post good games that cost less than $60 and also have more than 6 hours worth of content

• This topic has 120 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 36 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

post good games that cost less than $60 and also have more than 6 hours worth of content

Anonymous

What compels you to shitpost?

Anonymous
          Anonymous

what the actual fuck are you on about
          who said anything about nintendo of all things?

Anonymous

It’s Dread shitposting. This faggot is trying to force a rivalry between Metroid fans and Hollow Knight fans, as if there isn’t massive crossover between the two.

Anonymous

ah, well thats fucking stupid

Anonymous

>How dare you to compare two games from the same genre

Anonymous

>compare
                Disingenuous sperg.

Anonymous

Snoyboys are so embarassed at being Snoyboys in 2021 that they can’t even defend themselves and have to desperately get Hollow Knight fans to do their seething for them. Sad.

Anonymous

Rent free hollowmelanoid

Anonymous

this cash–to-hours of play shit has got to stop, its just too retarded

Anonymous

I dunno, I consider a game "Worth it" if I put as many hours into it as I paid for it
        I’ve got 340 hours in MGSV and I bought it at launch, got my moneys worth from that shit

Anonymous

if you think this way then just start pirating, because then each game you play will have infinite value to you
          you will be free to actually play what you want

this mindset is cancer
          it forces devs to add padding and bloat to games that SHOULD be short
          it pushes for quantity over quality to an extent where most AAA games now are literally worthless as entertainment
          id rather have a 0.5h game thats good over 100h worth of animated static

Anonymous

maybe….. just maybe…. just hear me out….. devs shouldnt price a game at $60 if its not worth $6?

Anonymous

who decides how much a game is worth
              it should be you, and it should be you BEFORE you buy the game, not when youre bitter after

a game that is SHORT should be CHEAP or REPLAYABLE
              If a game is $60 and done in a few hours and has no replayability, that game is a scam and a rip off
              if a game is $20 and short but intensely replayable, that game is fucking amazing
              if a game is $60 and long and fun but also intensely replayable and multiplayer then that game is EDF

>a game that is SHORT should be CHEAP or REPLAYABLE
              what if the game is short, good, but there is nothing to replaying it?

replayability is the same as bloat, instead of putting meaningless shit into your game to add to the runtime, you make the entire game in a way where it can milk your time

Anonymous

if a game is short and good, it shouldn’t cost $60
                Would you pay $60 for a 150 page book, read it once and then throw it away?
                If $60 only keeps you interested in something for a day, you have wasted that money as you could have spent it on something like a weeks worth of food.

Replayability is the key definition of something being good
                If you want to keep playing a game, then its good
                If you don’t want to keep playing a game, then its bad
                Delete your game and start over, do it better this time
                What, playing something you like again in an attempt to be better at it is meaningless bloat?
                Then why even play anything at all?

Anonymous

>If $60 only keeps you interested in something for a day, you have wasted that money as you could have spent it on something like a weeks worth of food.
                  To be fair, most people in the world are poor, and most poor people spend all the money they get.

Poor people probably live more "luxurious" lives than middle-class people simply because they waste their money on bullshit like games, expensive clothing, and other luxury items.
                  t. poorfag.

Anonymous

>Replayability is the key definition of something being good
                  have a nice day

>If you want to keep playing a game, then its good
                  correct
                  >If you don’t want to keep playing a game, then its bad
                  wrong, you might not want to play 1 game forever like a psychopath, at some point you inevitably get bored
                  its normal and its DESIREABLE
                  >Delete your game and start over, do it better this time
                  why would you want to play a narrative game twice?
                  What, playing something you like again in an attempt to be better at it is meaningless bloat?
                  yes
                  >Then why even play anything at all?
                  because i want something new
                  instead of playing the same game over and over again like a literal psychopath

i mean i know its a shitpost but fuck you man, you cant fake retardation that well, its got to be at least halfway what you actually think
                  retard

Anonymous

>instead of playing the same game over and over again like a literal psychopath
                    This just in, playing any kind of game more than once makes you a psychopath
                    reading any kind of book more than once makes you a psychopath
                    watching any kind of movie more than once makes you a psychopath
                    only new experiences are valid and its not possible to enjoy things more than once and if you do you’re not human

>if a game is short and good, it shouldn’t cost $60
                    then how much should it cost?
                    who decides?
                    you, a random internet retard? i dont think you should speak for yourself, much less anyone else
                    >Would you pay $60 for a 150 page book, read it once and then throw it away?
                    yes
                    your point?
                    >If $60 only keeps you interested in something for a day, you have wasted that money as you could have spent it on something like a weeks worth of food.
                    ah, utilitarian """arguments""", love it
                    why are you wasting all those precious calories arguing with people on the internet you literal retard? shouldnt you be conserving those for more meaningful things?
                    have a nice day, that way youll waste less oxygen and slightly help the planet, you want that right utilitarian purist dipshit?

Hey man, I value being able to live for another week over maybe 6 hours of escapism
                    you know, escapism, its not healthy

Anonymous

>This just in, playing any kind of game more than once makes you a psychopath
                      learn to read, i didnt write that
                      if you dont have an argument shut the fuck up instead of embarrassing yourself

>Hey man, I value being able to live for another week over maybe 6 hours of escapism
                      >you know, escapism, its not healthy
                      culture is not escapism you mindless cuck, its intellectual stimulation, its supposed to make you think
                      if you dont have it in your life you dont develop, and stay a dumbass like you did

Anonymous

>because i want something new
                        >instead of playing the same game over and over again like a literal psychopath
                        >culture is not escapism you mindless cuck

So lets get this straight
                        Enjoying a thing multiple times is mindless
                        Enjoying new things once and then discarding it is culture
                        Insulting people you’re arguing with is the done thing to do
                        Intellectual stimulation is not obtained by Hollow Knight, but by playing Metriod Dread and then binning it
                        Valuing your money and life is bad

What really makes me think?
                        Is it arguing with people on Ganker over how spending a lot of money on a bad product is good or bad idea?
                        Or is it playing bad video games?
                        Man I’m so confused now

Anonymous

melanoid do you really think im stupid enough to read your shitpost after you posted anime cringe?
                        fuckoff
                        if you want me to read it, repost it without the cringeass pic, otherwise nice wasted effort idiot

Anonymous
                        Anonymous

im just being honest anon

Anonymous

I think you have a better argument than the idiot, but this is an anime site you fucking tourist.
                        If you don’t like anime, maybe you should go somewhere else.

Anonymous

nono, you misunderstood
                        im willing to get baited, sure
                        but i will not be disrespected
                        if the baiter wants me to respond he needs to do bare minimum to convince me the post could somehow be legitimate

its a social contract of sorts, (You)s need to be earned least they become worthless

Anonymous

dude you’ve been throwing around insults with your arguments, you have no ground to stand on about the disrespect

Anonymous

nono, thats just bants
                        linguistically insults are a useful tool to convey emotion, in my case, utter contempt
                        this is well understood on this site, as well as outside of it
                        now, if i were to insult the other party without presenting an argument, THEN i would be disrespectful

(You)s are already worthless, valuing them to begin with lowers the quality of this site.
                        I honestly think implementing them has been a mistake in the long term.

you cant have a forum without the reply function, and doing so without a visual indicator would be pointless

Anonymous

"Bants"
                        So "Bants" are find but anime pictures are disrespectful, on an anime website
                        Man if I called my boss a "Literal psychopath" "Mindless Cuck" "Retard" "melanoid" "Dumbass" as "The Bants" during an argument over pricing, I’d probably get fired
                        and arrested

Ganker is not a forum, never has been a forum and never will be a forum
                        If you want a forum, go to reddit or resetera

Anonymous

>So "Bants" are find but anime pictures are disrespectful, on an anime website
                        no, i already explained
                        you broke my suspension of disbelief, thus disincentivizing me from treating your post as anything but static
                        i dont give a shit what allegiance this site has according to you
                        >Man if I called my boss…
                        im not your boss, i dont know you, thus your example does not reflect this situation
                        >Ganker is not a forum
                        it is, by its literal definition
                        pretending otherwise is a purely semantical argument
                        >go away waaah waaah
                        make me faggot

Anonymous

well whatever
                        all during this time I’ve been looking for and downloading a PS2 emulator and Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter
                        to replay a game I love for the 4th time
                        I’ve got a hard copy of the game which I bought TWICE cause my brother sold my first copy
                        Guess I’m just a psychopath.

Anonymous

cool blog post

Anonymous

>Guess I’m just a psychopath.
                        yeah, i guess you still dont understand my argument
                        im not surprised tbh, you have the signs of being on the spectrum i think

ive been watching the splatoon netflix adaptation, in case youre wondering
                        its ok

Anonymous

(You)s are already worthless, valuing them to begin with lowers the quality of this site.
                        I honestly think implementing them has been a mistake in the long term.

Anonymous

people will bait and shitpost with (You)s or not, surely you didn’t post here before 2009, kys

Anonymous

>if a game is short and good, it shouldn’t cost $60
                  then how much should it cost?
                  who decides?
                  you, a random internet retard? i dont think you should speak for yourself, much less anyone else
                  yes
                  your point?
                  ah, utilitarian """arguments""", love it
                  why are you wasting all those precious calories arguing with people on the internet you literal retard? shouldnt you be conserving those for more meaningful things?
                  have a nice day, that way youll waste less oxygen and slightly help the planet, you want that right utilitarian purist dipshit?

Anonymous

Why do you brain dead diverse folk used retarded as fuck analogies to try to prove your retarded ass points? This is a terrible comparison melanoid brain moron.

Anonymous

a game that is SHORT should be CHEAP or REPLAYABLE
            If a game is $60 and done in a few hours and has no replayability, that game is a scam and a rip off
            if a game is $20 and short but intensely replayable, that game is fucking amazing
            if a game is $60 and long and fun but also intensely replayable and multiplayer then that game is EDF

Anonymous

I think it all depends on the type of game.
        If you’re paying for a singleplayer experience and only get like 5-6 hours out of a 60$ game, if you didn’t like the story and gameplay it’s a fucking rip off, and would have stung much less if you bought it years down the line for 15$. That’s less content than a TV show season, and for a hugely inflated price.

But, that doesn’t mean that an extremely good game can’t be worth $60. But, some games will just be utter fucking garbage and the more you spent on them, it’s a battle between
        >i spent 60$ on this, I basically have to finish it to get my money’s worth
        >just quitting the game
        At the end of the day, it’s all about how you want to spend your time and money, and having a decent metric to justify that time/money spent is a good idea. The only issue is that multiplayer games, open world games, and roguelikes have a really bad bias because they usually come with inflated content for time, so you have to take it into consideration.

Anonymous

>if you dont like it then its a ripoff
          >if you like it then its money well spent

yeah ok, that doesnt solve much
          imo if you payed for something, then you dont get to bitch about its length, educate yourself beforehand or pirate it, finish it and then pay if you wish
          simple as

Anonymous

Yeah. If i want to play a long game I’ll play an RPG.
        I prefer shorter action games like this and MGRR

Anonymous

I’m not seeing any good games in your post though OP

Anonymous

Get a life.

Anonymous
        Anonymous

WHAT THE FUCK HOLLOW BROS WHAT DO WE DO NOW WE PAID $15 FOR A 30 MINUTE GAME

Anonymous

>$60 for 6 hours
        >$10 per hour
        >$15 for 30 minutes
        >$30 per hour
        OH NONONO HOLLOWBROS

Anonymous

pic unrelated?

Anonymous

Anons and femanons, may I present you the best game ever?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn0sKYEErwc

Anonymous

>Outer Wilds
      >Undertale
      Ganker only cringes at this game because it a dad joke can ruin an experience for them
      >Subnautica
      based water game
      >Divinity: Original Sin
      play the second, then the first if you like it a lot, avoid playing alone if u can, top of rpg turnbased
      >Ori
      mostly makes the list because of how pretty it is
      >Stardew Valley
      play with a friend if possible
      >Epic Battle Fantasy 3+4+5
      if you’ve ever enjoyed a FF game in its design, give these a try, the first is free
      >Kingdom Rush series
      just chill TD, does have some challenges
      >Cuphead
      this is the dark souls of first person shooters
      >The Witness
      creative puzzle game. can’t be ur main game, just open it from time to time and see what u can manage
      >SOMA
      amnesia devs did something right
      >Terraria
      euphoric to grind through the tiers
      >Valheim
      play with a friend

hf anons and dont let the lone contrarian swindle you out of a memorable experience

Anonymous

your list is fine
        mostly

undertale is boring, and barebones, i dont know what people see in it

subnautica is good for a survival game but its still survival trash

Anonymous

I may not be a fan of every game on that list but I don’t think they’re bad games. Except Valheim, I played it with a group of friends and I genuinely think it’s poorly designed.

Anonymous

>Cuphead
        >first person shooter

Anonymous

you paused at FPS and not dark souls?

Anonymous

comparing things to dark souls basically doesn’t mean anything anymore

Anonymous

>>The Witness
        >creative puzzle game. can’t be ur main game, just open it from time to time and see what u can manage
        if you can’t beat that game in 2-3 sittings you are retarded

Anonymous

Fotm
        Furry tumblr bait for retards
        YouTube bait has a markiplier cameo cancer
        Arcanum is better
        Furry porn bait
        Twitter bait
        Rest are bad
        >Metroid tendie
        Metroid sucks too
        As does HK

Anonymous

have you enjoyed a game that was released in the last 6 years?
          (You)

Anonymous

>>Cuphead
        >this is the dark souls of first person shooters
        wut

Anonymous

It’s all just poor fag cope and existing in a reddit bubble. Their game has no replayability so they shit post about it instead of playing it, not like they could play it anyways since they can’t afford it. That’s really the whole Nintendo le bad argument. Nintendo games don’t drop in price and their properties retain value so poor fags can’t consoom but really their physical games are super cheap if you shop around or wait for jap holidays when they’re always 30% off digitally.

Anonymous

[…]

>if I wanted to do that I’d have been born in China
      kek

Anonymous

Hollow Knight also doesn’t get good until 50 hours in, the hype behind this game is fucking ubsurd and the actual gameplay itself is shit. Its the game design thats fucking fantastic and you only realize it towards the end

Anonymous

City of tears isn’t 50 hours in, casual.

Anonymous

Mantis lords aren’t in the city, bro

Anonymous

they’re also not 50 hours into the game

Anonymous

Never said they were.

Anonymous

You misspelled Hornet
            Pretty badly too, are you an ESL?

Anonymous

[…]

Based.

Anonymous

Elona

Anonymous

This single shitposter has been doing this since HK released. I don’t know if he is just sincerely obsessed with HK, or if he wants to create as much bad reputation and blood with it as he can.

He’s done it with

>SOTN
      >Metroid Prime
      >Blasphemous
      >Both Ori games

And I’m guessing more I don’t know about.

Anonymous

Both Ori games are amazing though unlike Hollow Shit

Anonymous

Rabi-Ribi. It’s the best metroidvania i’ve ever played. The artstyle is pretty lame, not because it’s anime but because it’s generic, but the gameplay more than makes up for it. The bullet hell patterns are so much fun to dodge and fit well with the games mechanics. Not to mention the game having so much replayability and content in it
      If you like playing Touhou this is a must-play since the way patterns are designed reminds me of it

Anonymous

Rabi ribi is so underrated. It really is a goat tier game

Anonymous

Hitbox too bit.

Anonymous

Pretty sure there was a badge to make it smaller

Anonymous

Yeah, I think so.

Anonymous

Get the full deus ex collection during a sale if you haven’t. Even the nu games take 30hrs each if you’re chilling and taking your time with the content.

Anonymous
      Anonymous

[…]

based

Anonymous

[…]

>if I wanted to do that I’d have been born in China
      kek

Anonymous

[…]

>I don’t want to play as a little shit bug guy, if I wanted to do that I’d have been born in China now fuck off.
      You made me kek audibly.

Anonymous

>indie shit for reddit soiboys
      Who cares about this tranny game?

Anonymous

>5 more years of nonstop seething from the HK schizo
      I’m looking forward to this lol

Anonymous

[…]

>if I wanted to do that I’d have been born in China now fuck off.
      Well played

Anonymous

>any games ever
      >costing money

Anonymous
      Anonymous

Dread really broke hkfags

Anonymous

Much like Hollow Knight, this is bafflingly underpriced for the amount of content.

Anonymous

Adults prefer shorter games

Anonymous

Based blackposter

Anonymous

>adults
        >nintendo

Anonymous

>pic unrelated
      you said good games OP, not indie shit no worth playing for free

Anonymous

Random secrets, save points too far away from bosses, it becomes boring very quickly, every location looks that same in terms of colors, weak beginning, clearly a game done by artists, not a game designers/programmers, not intuitive in objectives, literally too long.

Hollow knight can suck my dick.

Anonymous

[…]

>I don’t want to play as a little shit bug guy, if I wanted to do that I’d have been born in China
      based for the autism joke but kys for hating hollow knight.

Anonymous

No one has brought up Blasphemous yet? Game is better than Hollow Knight.

Anonymous

It’s a pretty good game but I’d definitely not call it better than HK. Debatably much prettier, if you prefer pixel work. But it’s not got quite the same amount of content or breadth to its world, nor any upgrades beyond just opening "doors" as opposed to movement upgrades.
        But to each their own I guess.

Anonymous

seething

Anonymous

Not defending the $60 for 10 hours but you can trade in the game at gamestop for $20-30 or so cash/store credit. I doubt anyone would play more than a week

Anonymous

metroid dread is a good game
      hollow knight is a good game
      end of discussion

Anonymous

>metroid dread is a good game
        that’s not the point, stupid shit. it is just 10 hours, if you think 70 dollars for 10 hours is ok, you are a fucking idiot.

Anonymous

10 hours is a perfect length for a metroidvania

Anonymous

it si the perfect lenght to scam you out of your money, ftfy
            they claimed video games where "cheapest form of entertainment" so now they rised the prices.
            300 bucks from switch (with joycons that are defective btw, so add new joycons once in a while) and maybe the pro controller and the game, considering it just gives 10 hours is an absolute scam. Argue that there is more than 1 game, but those add more money and it is still a fucking scam unless you are 12 year old and your whore mum is the one paying for it.

Anonymous

ok 60, but still the same

so they didn’t raise the price?

Anonymous

>they didn’t really rise the price
                Games for portables were 40, brain dead fuck
                It is ok when shitendo does it, as usual.

Anonymous

>70 dollars
          ?

Anonymous

ok 60, but still the same

Anonymous

[…]

>max tagging to tell some shitty joke
      have a nice day

Viewing 36 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.