Redridge… home

Home Forums World of Warcraft Redridge… home

• This topic has 171 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 weeks, 1 day ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 52 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Redridge… home

Anonymous

ywn be home again

Anonymous

kek and sadpilled

Anonymous

Classic fresh is coming soon. We’re going home lads!!

Anonymous

>trusting blizzard in year of our lord 2021

Anonymous

at least it was before an undead rogue fucked everything up

Anonymous

holy fuck… always near the blackrock orcs on the road

Anonymous

Ashenvale for me.

Anonymous

real patrician right here

Anonymous

real patrician right here

Ashenvale was for gays who listen to Enya

Anonymous

Enya is based

Anonymous

you talking shit about enya you little slut?

Anonymous

>bridge finished
      lol tranny detected

Anonymous

God, i love Nintendo games.

Anonymous

me too bro. this fucking snoys think other games even matter makes me laugh every time

Anonymous

why was redridge a contested zone anyway? there was no horde settlement anywhere near it and literally no reason for a horde player to go there unless to gank

Anonymous

Cause blizzard hate alliance

Anonymous

unironically horde bias

Anonymous

balance reasons, the first 2 zones leveling are freebies (Durotar>Barrens,Dun morough>wetlands, elwyn>westfall) since redridge is the 3rd zone you go to it needs to be contested like the other 3rd leveling zones.

Anonymous

wasn’t barrens a pvp zone?
          Crossroads was routinely attacked

Anonymous

Cause blizzard hate alliance

unironically horde bias

Because the only uncontested areas are starter zones and the area that immediately follows them; Elwynn + Westfall are the two human uncontested areas.

There are tons of zones that were always extremely remote to one faction or another but the system is based on protecting level 1-15 players.

Anonymous

You can literally level up in the barrens till level 30.
          Its Horde bias.

Anonymous

well the barrens is just fucking sick man and basically alliance are big losers kek.

Anonymous

>Its Horde bias.
            Good.

Horde also gets the undead zones aka the pure kino-soul zones so if you picked ally you’re a faggot

Anonymous

>hordefags act like this
              >then they turn around and cry when their server dies because of faction imbalance and same-faction BGs need to happen

Anonymous

It’s not the Horde’s fault Alliance players are carebears who sit in their cities and raid log

Anonymous

>its alliance’s fault the devs baby the horde and give them the easy mode experience

Anonymous

Alliance used to outnumber Horde players by like 2:1 in the original vanilla days. People managed just fine with whatever imbalances were present.
                    Players today are just soft.

Anonymous

What? Alliance were the ones who were babied, all of their zones were made first and had the most polish in them. Fucking half of Kalimdor wasn’t even finished when the game released. Barrens was a notorious slog that made half of Horde players reroll, and the alternative was Silverpine Forest which was more difficult. Alliance had the PvE racials. Horde were outnumbered until Blood Elves because Alliance faggots wouldn’t play monster races.

Alliance were always the easy faction.

Anonymous

>silverpine
                      only "hard" because of the son of arugal memes
                      >abloo bloo bloo barrens boring
                      because its a hordebaby leveling zone that works up till level 30ish, while everyone else is forced into pvp at level 14ish
                      horde has more dungeons in their home zones, better FPs, and better PVP racials

Anonymous

>while everyone else is forced into pvp at level 14ish
                        Where? All of the Alliance zones are far away from Horde zones, Horde players would have to make an hour long trip just to get to them
                        It was always the Crossroads getting raided by Alliance raid groups and Horde lowbies getting ganked

Anonymous

>retarded lowbies turn on pvp in a safe zone and die
                        vs
                        >zone that horde rogues sit in all day to pad their kills that is contested for no reason

Anonymous

Barrens is not a safe zone

Anonymous

Barrens is not contested territory. horde are not flagged there unless they want to be.

Anonymous
                        Anonymous

yeah, stonetalon feels like horde territory though cause you hardly ever see alliance questing there and their fp is way the fuck out in the boonies. usually its level 30 somethings running through the harpy area on the way to desolace and ganking people doing those awful quests

Anonymous

stonetalon peak had alot of ally when i leveled through there at the start of classic. that burning area was a warzone until everyone grinded past it

Anonymous

>play on a RP server
                        >warlocks were pretty much kill on sight out in the wilderness for both factions
                        >warlock gets ganked by high level and asks for help in general channel
                        >"fuck you demon worshiper"

Anonymous

actually Based

Anonymous

it definitely is, and there is enough shit to do that you can stay there til 25 if you’re questing, 29-30 if you grind dwarves and RFK

Anonymous

I love pvp as an ally but it sucks when you start a rumble in soutshore and horde outnumber you 10 to 1 because they need the pvp racial skills to make up for their short comings irl.

Anonymous

this is genuinely the worst horde start. alliance had much better starts, it was a better adventure on that first play starting in dun morogh or elwynn

Anonymous

Barrens should have had areas that instaflagged horde as pvp so night elf rogues could do the redridge boogie to them.

Anonymous

Barrens should have had areas that instaflagged horde as pvp so night elf rogues could do the redridge boogie to them.

>Half the contested zones have Alliance towns on main roads, directly adjacent to main roads, and/or are located at the dead center of the zone.
            >Almost every single zone, including certain Horde starting zones have a patrolling elite or pack of elites that are friendly to Alliance
            >Over half of the Horde towns don’t even have proper guards
            >Horde bias

Anonymous

>wahhh no guards
              >the most populated gank spot in the entire game is an alliance town because its the lowest level forced pvp zone, a main questing zone, and has like 2 guards on the other side of the bridge standing next to the flight master

Anonymous

Off the top of my head in vanilla Horde has Grom’gol for an extra flight point in STV, that town in a much more convenient spot than feathermoon stronghold in Ferelas and a central flight point in Felwood instead of way up north. Not to mention zeps being in friendly territory instead of the boat shitfests. Alliance quests may have been made first but they used the lessons they learned to make it a bit less cancerous for the Horde.

Anonymous

Stranglehold Valley

Anonymous

didn’t you need to do Stonetalon Mountain quests around lv 20 or so?

Anonymous

Lol barrens lasts forever and protects lowbies into the 20s. It’s the equivalent of 3 zones.

Anonymous

Alliance need to be reminded that they suck and can only play hunters

Anonymous

>Just passing thru 😉

Anonymous

It’s right at the border of Stormwind and the alliance only controls a small village in the zone because they have been ravaged by the dark horde of blackrock mountain for decades.
        Literally the only humanoid enemies in the zones are gnolls, murlocs and blackrock orcs, the latter which has occuppied the only defensive position in the zone.

Anonymous

It’s contested by the Blackrock Orcs not the Horde.

Anonymous

based as fuck, I love this zone

Anonymous

It’s odd how comfy I find Silverpine when it’s overrun with werewolves and undead. I would live in Silverpine.

Anonymous

Big same. Stonepeak, too. Also Dragonblight. Pretty much most places between vanilla and WotLK.

Anonymous

I always hated this place and went somewhere else

Anonymous

the zone ambience is fantastic, like most of the alliance zones but holy goddamn the questing is terrible

maybe this was confirmed somewhere but i always felt like the southern eastern kingdoms are so shitty to play through because the devs were still developing the game with the EQ mindset where nobody solos, which is why there are so many gay ass linked pulls of 3-5 gnolls/murlocs/bandits/orcs cause they just assumed you would have backup

why so many people rush elwynn forest/westfall is beyond me

Anonymous

FUCK redridge. Yeah it has a comfy town, but the goddamn undead rogues ruined it for me. I would do loch modan into kalimdor (STM, ashenvale) instead

Anonymous

least it was till a level 35 orc rogue fucked everythang up.

Anonymous

*orc ambush in your way*

Anonymous

looks like some garbage 15 year old me made with the far cry map editor lmao

Anonymous

The world is
      A bad place
      A terrible place to live
      Oh, but I don’t want to die
      Oh, my sorrows
      Sad tomorrows
      Take me back to my own home
      Oh, my crying
      Feel like dying
      Take me back to my own home

Anonymous

Mulgore

Anonymous

erm…. yeah, no.
      You realize MILLIONS of women were abused, raped and sexually harrassed at Blizzard right?
      Fuck you.

Anonymous

Time to move on OP. You will never be 14 years old playing vanilla WoW again.

Anonymous

Custom world with vanilla mechanics and progression when?

Anonymous

There is nothing as comfy as making a nelf character and hearing that beautiful Teldrassil music, being surrounded by those huge trees, and casually leveling up at your own pace

Anonymous

>There is nothing as comfy as making a nelf character and hearing that beautiful Teldrassil music, being surrounded by those huge trees, and casually leveling up at your own pace

Too bad like 75% of the starting zone involves you killing various types of bears and furblogs

Anonymous

That isn’t Dun Morogh

Anonymous

>muh horde dominance
      >forgets that they have all the broken racials

Anonymous

>forgets that they have all the broken racials
        That was by accident.

Anonymous

anyone who doesnt like elwynn is either soulless or a contrarian

Anonymous

>anyone who doesnt like elwynn is either soulless or a contrarian
        The forest and music were peak comfy, but Goldshire was the worst place on the planet for most servers.

Anonymous

everyone always says that, but on anachronos EU during tbc/wotlk, goldshire was the place to hang out and duel and catch up with people, so so comfy. is the erp faggot stuff a burgerworld phenomenon?

Anonymous

>goldshire was the place to hang out and duel and catch up with people
            For my server, that was the Ironforge bank

Anonymous

The ERP faggot stuff only happens on 3 US servers, where as the EU just has the 1 I believe.

Anonymous

The king and the queen went back to the green
      but you can never go back there again

Anonymous

*unstealths behind you*

Anonymous

>*hits you in the back with Sap to stun you for 30 seconds*
        >*just stealth away and do nothing*
        >*keep doing this*

Anonymous

who here /SPP/?

Anonymous

What is this?

Anonymous

Some launcher for a single player/solo repack for WotLK I think, I just grabbed the image of google.

Anonymous

Well fuck. I’d play WoW: Kingdoms of Amalur edition.

Anonymous

https://mega dot nz/file/0A5nXKiK#Vzmyq1rJqS95DAdAtcwSzn4YEpBwqzWNu-YvWDoJj8U
              WotLK

Anonymous

thank you

Anonymous

is it good?

Anonymous

I really missed out on factions properly.
      >Play Horde through Cata or so
      >Things got fucking weird so I switched to Alliance
      >But now Alliance is shitty raiding wise after Cata
      So I missed the prime time to actually play Alliance, and now that I like the Alliance its apparently where all the shitter play. I just dont like post Cata Horde with the edge, spikes, leaders going insane and dying every expansion, war crimes, etc. I should have just started the damn game as Alliance.

Anonymous

You didn’t miss much, Horde went to shit after elves were added

Anonymous

Yeah I agree on that but still its fucked because historically my favorite classes have been Paladin and Druid. I guess my friends just pressured me into going Horde until we kind of quit.

Anonymous

Nagrand…
      Zangarmarsh…
      Grizzly Hills…

yep these are objectively the best zones in WoW

Anonymous

>Nagrand
        looks incredible, quests are dogshit
        >Zangarmarsh
        what? awful zone
        >Grizzly Hills
        one of the best in the game for sure

Id like to submit Gorgrond as one of the best zones in the game

Anonymous

Bro the quests in every post-Azeroth zone are dogshit. In Azeroth you get sent from zone to zone and back again, and working out the best route to take is its own reward. Outlands and beyond are just linear garbage where you go from pre-designated hub to pre-designated hub until you hit the level cap.

Anonymous

I’m thinking about rolling a dwarf hunter in classic fresh. The most alliance I’ve played was the starter zones for each race up to like 15-20. I skipped it entirely in Classic, just had one Tauren shaman the entire time.

How is alliance compared to horde in vanilla?

Anonymous

Pretty comfy early on. Elwynn, dun morogh and loch modan are awesome zones. Loch modan has a lot of group quests. Westfall can be a bit tricky but it does give you 3 dungeon quests with a blue you’ll carry easily into level 28.
        Can’t speak for night elves, but I enjoyed questing on Eastern Kingdoms. Although I went to Feralas for the dungeon quests.

If you want a spoiler. Most of the human zones are actually foreshadowing Onyxia and later on Nefarian, the Dwarven zones foreshadow Ragnaros and the Dark Irons. The Night Elven zones foreshadow old gods and the emerald dream.

Try to read quest texts.

Anonymous

You know you can quest and explore in all the zones mentioned in this thread on the free trial now, right? They were all scaled down to 10-20 in level.

Anonymous

>touching wow past vanilla

Anonymous

Every class in the game is completely dysfunctional when you’re capped at 20. Blizzard doesn’t balance the game with leveling in mind at all since like, cata. If you tried questing as a level 20 mage that never gets to learn your entire rotation you’ll just have a miserable time.

Also most of these zones were ruined in cata.

Anonymous

>Level 20
          >Rotation
          Everything dies in 1 hit at level 20. The fuck you going on about.

Anonymous

>Every class in the game is completely dysfunctional when you’re capped at 20
          play hunter. Marksmanship is surprisingly good. So is survival. You can solo instances if you take up a week of casual gameplay gearing it up.

Anonymous

Azuremyst Island…. my new home…

Anonymous

this art evokes very comfy feels and not a big fan of goats

Anonymous

My list
      Pre-Cata
      >Grizzly Hills
      >Ashenvale
      >Darkshore
      >HinterlandsGMMR2
      >Tanaris
      >Winterspring
      >Eversong Woods
      >Southern portion of STV
      Post-Cata
      >Westfall
      >Uldum (but only once for content, after that for atmosphere)
      >Redridge (much more enjoyable after the facelift)
      >Gilneas
      >Darkshore

Anonymous

I’m playing WoW right now. I love horde zones but the cities suck.
      In Silvermoon portal room there is a balcony, can you get on it?
      What’s the fire spell/skill that gives loads of armor?

Anonymous

Fire armor? I don’t know what that server is up to now, but they should have fire armor since they updated it to go up to 70 for tbc.

Anonymous

inner fire?

Anonymous

I am so confused by those spell icons.

Anonymous

it’s a randomizer

Anonymous

It’s classless, you can pick what you want or play draft for random spells.

Anonymous

Would love to play Ascension if the admins weren’t gnomish as fuck

Anonymous

based Ascension player, i finished my high risk ironman run a few days ago

Anonymous

Sheeit I forgot Ascension existed until just now, is it still worth playing? The last time I played it was a pretty long time ago, around the time when it was first getting popular.

Anonymous

>BE
        ywnbaw

Anonymous

>really love running old dungeons, mainly deadmines
      >could do it for hours.
      >played horde, and no one even wants free runs of the place because it takes so far to get there.
      Guess ill go alliance for classic fresh, if it turns out decent. Not sure if it will actually have any players though.

Anonymous

>Classic Fresh
        Blizzard has no ides left do they

Anonymous

No. It’s an odd feeling seeing this screenshots of zones, and remembering how long I’ve spent playing this game, and how far its gone, but It was going to happen eventually.

Anonymous

Iktf brother

Started wow in tbc when i was 14
            Quit when i was like 26 in legion

Just feels weird seeing pictures or news about it now, like memories of stuff that never happened

Anonymous

Who cares? It’ll be packed for 1-2months which is all I ever play on these fresh servers. They have a re-releasable kino product that private servers were profiting from for over a decade.

Anonymous

>People will play the same 10 year old product. On repeat. And enjoy it.
            Sad.

Anonymous

it works for Persian kidney stone arrangement boards

Anonymous

post more comfy pics anons, I didn’t play much wow but it makes me think of the few times I did on weekends in highschool and college with friends I don’t really see much ever more and it is nice. simpler times anons.

Anonymous

>computer went kaput a while back
        >lost all my Wow screenshots.
        the only thing I have is this picture a guildmate drew me when we were on break time during our mythic Nyalotha raid. Hope it helps.

Anonymous

based. thanks anons. i like these threads and pics.

Anonymous

HORDE ARE HUMANS PLAYING AS MONSTERS
      ALLIANCE ARE MONSTERS PLAYING AS HUMANS

Anonymous

>that feel when the only changes this game’s going to get for the next year are censoring anything female with bowls of fruit

Anonymous

I wish Human women were real

Anonymous

Why does the anatomy completely die below her waist

Anonymous

Because so does the image.

Anonymous

>redridge ganking extremely accessible to horde (kargath)
      >ally have to travel the the entire fucking globe to get to stonetalon mountains/ashara to gank
      One day I’m going to write out a document that goes over every single "fuck you" Blizzard gave alliance on pvp servers because it’s so numerous and glaring its actually funny

Anonymous

Stonetalon ganking while travelling to Desolace as Ally is the most soul experience in a videogame

Anonymous

what world are you living in where kargath is extremely accessible?

Anonymous

Hordies have their hearths set to kargath you sperg

Anonymous

Goddamn it’s was so comfy, I always hoped they jsut tweak a few things and out it out as a single player rpg

Anonymous

Home?
      No, Redridge is Horde Territory.

Anonymous

>spending your evening adventuring in Redridge
      >you have been given the daunting task of slaying the numerous Blackrock Orcs plundering the paths
      >A great opportunity to show your prowess and bring glory to the Alliance!
      >many close encounters later, you sense something is terribly wrong
      >a sudden stillness to the air
      >you instinctively turn around to meet your new foe
      >a puny level 1 undead rogue blocks your path, flaunting his glowing, enchanted sword and furbolg medicine pouch, as well as an odd mismatch of various armor unsuiting such a low level foe
      >he lets out a devilish /laugh, and taunts you with an insulting /moon
      >By the light, I must show this lowly Horde his place
      >You initiate combat with the seemingly free low level target, but something is horribly wrong
      >Why isn’t he dead yet? He’s level 1!
      >He crits you for 100 damage
      >Try as he may, despite this you clearly have the advantage
      >as you’re about to kill your adversary, he suddenly zaps you with a Discombobulator Ray
      >How does a level 1 have a Discombobulator Ray!?
      >slowed, you can only watch as he runs a few yards and bandages to max HP
      >he proceeds to finish you off to your dismay
      >and tea-bags and cannibalizes your corpse
      Redridge… home…

Anonymous

Kino

Anonymous

There was a level 1 twink gnome rogue who used to camp Tiragarde Keep back in the day and he managed to get thousands of kills because so many level 5-10 retards would flag PvP expecting to pwn a level 1.

Anonymous

WoW could be the comfiest game ever made but I can’t get past the bad combat and static world, I wish for a good WoW 2 so I could fully commit to having no life

Anonymous

>bad combat
        wow has one of the best combat systems of any mmo
        maybe you just don’t like mmo’s

Anonymous

that’s just it
          mmo combat systems are arse

Anonymous

>defending tab targeting
          MMOs have been able to do action combat for well over a decade…

Anonymous

i’m obviously talking about mmorpg’s not foxhole

Anonymous

my point still stands

Anonymous

I hate Warcraft mountains and cliffs.

Anonymous

Imagine hating SOUL

Anonymous

Is there a single vanilla classic realm that’s not a ghost town? I checked Faerlina and Mankrik and there were literally like 3 people in each zone I checked. I’m not going back to private servers.

Anonymous

seriously just wait for classic fresh. it’s incredibly easy to burn yourself out playing dead servers

Anonymous

On Blizz servers, no. But Darrowshire has 1.5k players online.

Anonymous

the real pserver is official ptr for classic.

Anonymous

> level 45 undead warlock casts corruption on you

Anonymous

To be honest, I don’t think WoW Vanilla was that good.
      It was just because of the novelty.
      WoW only became so huge because it released when a lot of households got internet access, so being online for the first time with your friends and being able ot communicate with people around the world was amazing. The game was just good enough and forced social interaction so it became a hobby for many kids and adults in 2005, for some it became even a lifestyle because they had all their friends online.
      But today? Does it hold up? No. Social Media has made MMORPGs obsolete, people would rather play Lobby games (like Destiny) than play in a giant open world with lots of filler content. People want to get right into the action, not have a 2nd job.

Anonymous

>forced social interaction
        It doesn’t. WoW was the first MMO to actively go the opposite direction and streamline everything so you didn’t have to talk to anyone.

Anonymous

I still play a few classic MMOs for fun and you are simply, wrong. MMORPGs were made for a niche audience. They were never supposed to be played by normalfags. If you think that, they’re not for you.

Anonymous

Guess I’m a normalfag then.
          Have fun in your autism and friendship simulators! You should get a real job instead of wasting your life in a virtual world, you know.

Anonymous

Working a job is wasting your life too.

Anonymous

forsaken bros…

Anonymous

I love all the classic zones.

The entirety of Azeroth is home.

Anonymous

Even Badlands?

Anonymous

>Even Badlands?
          Yeah, you could say Azshara is a "bad zone" because it has almost zero quests. But I like the theme and the look.

Classic Azeroth had a larger than life quality to it that was lost in the later expansions.

Anonymous

Azshara was the most valuable zone to me because fishing squid/nightfin prints money

Anonymous

What is wrong with badlands?
          I’m in the same boat as

I love all the classic zones.

The entirety of Azeroth is home.

. There isn’t a single classic zone I don’t enjoy for some reason.

Anonymous

It’s just red mountains. It looks like someone played around with the terrain in an editor and forgot to texture anything or add any trees.
            It looks boring and uncomfortable.

Anonymous

For me it’s classic vanilla Tanaris desert at night

Anonymous

Come home, white man.

Anonymous

Is the alpha worth it?
        Will they be adding those class skills to classless?

Anonymous

Depends; I got my moneys worth out of it and levelled like 6 classes to cap, but I also had a group to play with so personal mileage may vary. The class design is unironically great across the board, and the main dev is very active and transparent with balance changes in their

[…]

but it is ultimately still primarily a test "alpha", so it’s pretty content sparse as the current cap is just lvl30 and you’re given a static set of abilities as you level up rather than being able to fully customize among your three trees.

Anonymous

Thanks for the info, very handy. I might just wait.
            Do you know what the best stuff in the cash shop to get is? I want to be lazy and get the mystic altar but it leaves me with some leftovers and idk what to get.

Anonymous

Custom private servers are the definition of soulless.

The best we can get is a well managed "no changes" private server that safeguards against bots.

Anonymous

You guys are seriously going to redo all that same stuff for the next two years again? Why do it again? I was burnt out from playing when I hit level 60 and never touched the game after.

Anonymous

Barrens always felt like home the most to me.

Followed by Stranglethorn Vale and Tannaris(and Howling Fjord).

Viewing 52 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.