Reminder due to the cycle of Nintendo games and zoomers. Expect Other M to become a “hidden classi…

Home Forums A haunted junk yard Reminder due to the cycle of Nintendo games and zoomers. Expect Other M to become a “hidden classi…

• This topic has 149 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 69 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Reminder due to the cycle of Nintendo games and zoomers. Expect Other M to become a “hidden classic” within the next year or so. Same shit happened with Wind Waker and Sunshine. They are going to try and hold up Other M as misunderstood.

Anonymous

other m is not a bad game and i’m tired of pretending it is

Anonymous

The gameplay was genuinely fun and the finisher moves on some enemies were very satisfying. It really is just the story that is frustrating. I think Nintendo understands at this point that Metroid games should exclusively be made by western devs from now on. Mercury Steam did a great job, Retro Studios did a phenomenal job, team ninja screwed up and that one korean studio meant to develop prime 4 screwed up so bad we never even got to see the game.

Anonymous

Ok, dobson. Don’t you have to draw another comic where your fursona "saves" a girl from her own boyfriend?

Anonymous

Reminder that some kawaii uguu~ VTuber shat on Son of Dob for around an hour.

Anonymous

I TURNED MYSELF INTO AN INFLATION ARTIST MORTY

Anonymous

OP’s point proven already

Anonymous

I never thought the gameplay was bad, it was actually it’s strong point. The complaints were always about the story and Samus’s characterization into this meek Japanese housewife.

Dread’s Samus is pretty much the anti-thesis of Other M’s Samus, a complete badass. It was basically a direct response to Other M’s criticism.

Anonymous

The gameplay is bad while also being its strongest point. Every other aspect is just that much worse.

Anonymous

>The complaints were always about the story and Samus’s characterization into this meek Japanese housewife
          What do you expect from the same devs as Dead or Alive?

Anonymous

>I never thought the gameplay was bad, it was actually it’s strong point.

The gameplay is braindead, there’s a dodge system with 0 thought put into it, a lack of joystick, a retarded first person mode that pins up to the ground and you can just heal to 100% at any point.

It’s a fucking joke of an action game in every way imaginable and the fact the retards like you pretend the game’s "only" problem is the story. The story is the least of its problems.

Anonymous

>The complaints were always about the story and Samus’s characterization into this meek Japanese housewife.
          These are from those who didn’t play the game and just parroted what they heard.

Other M’s moment to moment gameplay is far more frustrating then the occasional hilariously bad cutscene.

Anonymous

>m.jpg
          have a nice day

Anonymous

I always liked it including the stupid story
      Few can appreciate Deleter Kino

Anonymous

I mean it wasn’t THAT bad. The story was pretty cool and the 2d/3d thing was handled way better than something like Super Paper Mario.

Anonymous

6/10 bait

Anonymous

>Expect Other M to become a “hidden classic” within the next year or so.
      The game is 11 fucking years old, anon. It would have happened by now.

Anonymous

You don’t understand. It only happens when a sequel comes out. Zelda cycle and all that. I remember people nostalgia posting about Wind Waker when Skyward came out and for Twilight after BOTW happened

Anonymous

Zelda and Metroid are very different

Anonymous

You also said people were going to start calling skyward sword a "hidden classic" when BotW came out and it still hasn’t happened.

Anonymous

>The game is 11 fucking years old, anon. It would have happened by now.

this.

Anonymous

I doubt that’ll happen as the bad parts severely outweight the few good bits

Anonymous

Same thing was true about Sonic 06 but Zooms are trying to repair that games reputation

Anonymous

it will always control like ass

Anonymous

Fuck off melanoid, Wind Waker and Sunshine at least has redeeming qualities like unique settings, artstyle and new gameplay ideas that set them apart in their series

Other M has an inane fucking plot full of exposition that constantly interrupts your flow. Even if you disregard this, the shit level design and no new abilities make inferior to basically any other Metroid game. It fails as a Metroid game and its fucking worse as a lore/story entry.

Anonymous

And that is why I absolutely expect this game to try and get the redemption arc. The tedious linear approach is far more in line with modern AAA sensibilities and I expect brain trusts to latch onto it as the only good Metroid

Anonymous

t. brainlet

Anonymous

It fails as a basic videogame because of the fucking controls

Anonymous

>Why Other M is BETTER than you think: A retrospective
      >8 hours and 37 minutes

search your feelings, you know this will happen

Anonymous

With at least multiple references to Metroid Dread dragging it through the mud. Expect quotes such as
        >misunderstood
        >cinematic
        >too ambitious
        >anger at Nintendo for letting the “man babies” win
        >And references to modern AAA trash

Anonymous

No, other m is irredeemable shit.

This will probably happen on youtube by some dobson-like tasteless faggot who thinks his existence is justified by views on his youtube channel

Anonymous

>Wind Waker
      Wasn’t Wind Waker generally well-recieved back then, and the only people who didn’t like it were a bunch of autists upset about the artstyle?

Anonymous

Yeah, there was a huge backlash when it was first shown off, because 2002 was still very much Gen X Papa Roach tier aesthetic sensibilities for the gaming world, but anyone who wasn’t a waste of oxygen was won over when they actually played the game.
        The main valid criticism of the game was that a lot of content was cut due to time constraints, with the Triforce hunt being incredibly unenjoyable, especially since no blind player would rush to the 5k wallet immediately. If that isn’t why you hate the game, you should probably have a nice day.

Anonymous

Other M was always good, you retard. It was just Metroid "fans" pooping on it because they got filtered by a Wii remote.

Also Federation Force is great with friends (which metroidfags don’t have so they shit on it)

Anonymous

>it was good despite its terrible controls
        >fun with friends

Yeah great.

Anonymous

>terrible controls
        >braindead fights because your dodge is hilariously forgiving and can be chained into more dodges infinitely and gives you a free charge beam shot when you pull it off
        >missiles are borderline useless except for obstacles since you need to point at the screen, and it will desync from the sensor bar 100% of the time while you’ve got it sideways, making charge beam shots your best source of damage, further compounding the above issue
        >pixel hunts
        >literally every aspect of the characters and story
        >recycled the same boss fight 4 or 5 times before you could actually kill it
        >environments range from generic mario level backgrounds to sterile labs and apple stores
        >suit loses its rugged design and is smoothed over, again, making it look like an apple product
        >don’t even get gravity suit

Also, watching terrible movies is fun with friends, doesn’t make them good

Anonymous

>Nintendo gamers
      It’s not exclusive to them, that’s why shit like Sonic 06 is now underated because it had sooooo much potential and the story ‘isn’t too bad’ or whatever bullshit because some drooling retard kid had the misfortune to grow up with it.

Anonymous

I’ve seen COD Ghost apologists as well even though the game was objectively accepted as garbage until the past year or so

Anonymous

Ghosts wasn’t as embarassing as MW3 at least.

Anonymous

I have more respect for the snoys who think the last of us 2 is the best tps ever made than for the misshapen sewer dwelling creatures who think other m is a good game

Anonymous

i don’t like wind waker or sunshine much either relative to the wii ones myself op but at least they’re actual games. it’s like calling fucking sonic 06 a "diamond in the rough".

Anonymous

I genuinely think this game had potential, it could have been a fun action spinoff game with just a bit more polished gameplay. The story and the cutscenes should be completely deleted or rewritten into something decent, though.

Anonymous
      Anonymous

What fucking zoomers? Zoomers don’t play Nintendo games

Anonymous

I’d argue against this, but then I remember how people suck Skyward Swords dick now due the remake, so I can see it happen if it gets a re-release that "fixes" the controller. Seeing how some people been "critiquing" the would 100% been on board Other M if not for the story and controller, and if the controller was fixed the contrarian ducks could just rant how PTSD humanized Samus or some shit and not liking it is what is actually misogynistic.

Anonymous

>Same shit happened with Wind Waker and Sunshine
      fucking retard, people always loved these games
      the whole nintendo cycle is a tired meme that died with skyward sword

Anonymous

It’s not a classic and never will be. However it is a good game which which had the misfortune to be buried under a ton of hyperbolic bile because everyone’s favourite space bounty hunter lady got turned into a subservient wimp with a stick up her ass.

Anonymous

I fucking LOVE Skyward Sword
      I adore Wind Waker
      I like Sunshine
      Other M is not that bad, it’s enjoyable. Not an instant classic like every other game in the series except for maybe Samus Returns but still not as bad as everyone says it is

Anonymous

I haven’t played it but it doesn’t sound too bad to me on paper. Having seen the Ridley and Nightmare designs they look awful though. GF Samus looks great. Probably won’t ever look at that time period again though because of association with this game.

Anonymous

>They are going to try and hold up Other M as misunderstood.
      Already happened. There are retards who unironically nostalgiafagging for brown 7h gen shit like gta 4 or bf3

Anonymous

How is GTA 4 a bad game?

Anonymous

How wasn’t it?

Anonymous

>brown
          >ugly
          >slow
          >scripted
          >shit characters
          >shit story
          Gtfo zoomershit

Anonymous

I liked the game

How wasn’t it?

It’s a good game

Anonymous

>I played it on xbawks360/soapstation3 when I was 10 so it is a good game
              Not it isn’t, zoomer.

Anonymous

I played it on PC when I was 11, yes. I beat more 80s and 90s games than you

Anonymous

It wasn’t a bad game but it was a dull GTA game

It had repetitive missions (its biggest crime), dull side activities, no flying, controversial vehicle handling, and more!
          Many people compared it to the very forgettable Getaway series when it first launched because it dropped the goofy GTA stuff for a more grounded, realistic experience

Anonymous

>no flying
            It had flying though what the fuck. And I don’t think it was a dull GTA game. Absolutely on par with VC, SA and III for me

Anonymous
        Anonymous

I mean, that’s neat, I won’t lie.

Anonymous

people have never stopped pooping on sunshine. on the other hand wind waker was only hated by a loud minority that only cares about muh graffix, and who has probably moved on by now to only consoom ps4 games

Anonymous

Wind waker and sunshine never got even slightly as much hate as other M

Anonymous

I honestly see nothing wrong with it, has its share of flaws, but nothing is perfect.

Anonymous

Considering the amount of people that think Harley Quinn and Joker is a positive relationship I can see the same people thinking Samus’ relationship with captain "don’t use your radiation shields" is a highlight

Anonymous

Reminder that the examples of "bad" games OP mentioned were universally enjoyed by people who were actually in the target demographic and the majority of complainers were too old for them and should have moved on.

Anonymous

>Gravity Suit

Anonymous

But Wind Waker and Sunshine were great.

Anonymous

Other M will probably have its defenders in the same way Star Fox Zero does.

Anonymous

Zero is deserving of its criticism, but its not the abomination some people claim it is. I wouldn’t mind it getting a Deluxe port on Switch with big improvements, but I’d much rather see a new Star Fox game altogether.

Anonymous

Same. I don’t consider Other M to be the same level of disappointment as Star fox zero. With star fox zero it had hints of a great game but had its bad elements hinder its full potential. A deluxe port can definitely fix a lot of what was bad about the game while also keeping true to the original title.

Other M I consider as fundamentally flawed since story aside, the environments are uninspiring, the combat and gamelan while looking neat is fairly oversimplific since you’d just be dodge rolling then unleashing a charge shot most of the time, collectibles and exploration is perhaps the worst in the series to date, and the music besides a few remixes isn’t anything special.

Anonymous

>using google assistant as va

Anonymous

I’ve seen the VA’s work and she isn’t bad at all, she was just given shitty direction from a non native English speaker. The few times she does emote in the game she does a good job at least imo

Anonymous

At least it’s better than the French Canadian version where they’ve got generic Joe Schmoe voice through a filter.

Anonymous

Other M is a fun game with a terrible fucking story and atrocious treatment of Samus.
      >The baby
      I actually am more mad about the getting scared of Ridley, thing.
      Oh, and the MB thing…
      Again, fun game, absolutely dogshit story.

Anonymous

>getting scared of Ridley
        What the fuck were they thinking? How could somebody look at that and not raise any fucking questions? Also you forgot the part where Samu cooks herself inside of her suit cause daddy Adam didn’t give her permission to activate the fucking heat resistance function of the fucking suit she was already wearing.
        I wish they remade the whole thing.

Anonymous

The suit stupidity was just a retarded way of trying create a new excuse for the same old Metroid shit. Samus loses all her shit AGAIN, so you’re gated! The problem with stories is that devs keep trying to make us pay more attention to them, but it’s only exposing the age old issue of most dev teams not being able to write to a decent narrative to save their lives.

Anonymous

By your timeline, this should have had happened over 5 years ago and it hasn’t yet. I doubt it will.

Anonymous

Other M was a step in the right direction in terms of gameplay. Although playing with a sideways wiimote was a terrible idea, turning “2D Metroid” into a Ninja Gaiden esque action game makes sense. It’s thanks to the reception of this game that we’re stuck with Dread-likes forever.

Anonymous

>Other M was a step in the right direction in terms of gameplay
        >point the wiimote to the screen and be immobile for missiles
        >spam any direction for free dodge plus instant full charge beam
        if right means right over the fucking cliff then yes, definetly

Anonymous

>It’s thanks to the reception of this game that we’re stuck with Dread-likes forever
        Good? I’m failing to see how this is a bad thing

Anonymous

Wind Waker has been loved for most of the time it’s been out you fucking mongoloid. The only backlash was the initial graphics change. Everyone loved it when they actually played it.

You’d know that if you weren’t a zoomer ding-dong BUTTHEAD.

Anonymous

Speak for yourself bro, I still hate the Wind Waker Toon Shit Style. Don’t like sailing and the re-release didn’t fix the game. It’s simply a very boring Zelda game that’s also too easy which is saying something because OoT was easy, so having Wind Waker be easier is just annoying.

Anonymous

Every word the truth. I remember being a kid and not being interested in WW at all because the artstyle was whack.
        I got the Zelda collectors edition disk with my GC and loved that to finally get to play OoT and MM after my parents wouldn’t let me get a 64, eventually I played the WW demo and it was fun af. I got WW on sale and loved it.
        The game itself is through and through a Zelda game and after people got to play it, it was well liked. It still got hit by Zelda cycle, but most of that was directed at the artstyle. It’s a classic now.

Anonymous

Disagree. I know people say that story does not matter in gaming, but Other M’s story still has Adam who is frankly Nintendo’s MOST UNLIKABLE CHARACTER EVER.

And the kicker? Nintendo’s intention is that we should see Adam as likable and even admirable. The man in cold blood like a sociopath murdered his own brother. They didn’t even show him hating that his family died, or even try to justify why he gave the order to have his brother killed. So we have to assume the worst about the character that he’s a horrible evil man and Samus’ worship of this bastard only makes him more annoying. So I disagree, no one will ever think of Other M as misunderstood because Adam is THAT unlikable also I think Dread made a huge mistake in bringing back Adam yet again. If Metroid is to continue as a series they need to forever drop Adam. He is shit.

Anonymous

I really wish Nintendo would remake Other M or reboot Adam’s character in another game.

In fact why don’t they get Mercurysteam to remake Other M?

Anonymous

Wind waker is a great game with some relatively minor issues that people latched onto because "NOT MUH SPACEWORLD TECH DEMO!"
      Other M is an irredeemable piece of garbage whose best aspect is the gameplay, since it’s merely "bad" instead of the unmitigated abomination the rest of it is.

Anonymous

No, those zoomers moved on to Pokemon and are trying to pass off Sun and Moon/Sword and Shield, other shitty visual novel games, as hidden gems.

Anonymous

Who the fuck is Dobson?

Anonymous

way to out yourself

Anonymous

Loved Other M when it came out, love it now.

Shitposters can go fuck themselves

Anonymous

Send my condolences. Raising a special needs child is tough.

Anonymous

>he doesn’t know about the localization butchering that destroyed subtle characterization and crippled the narrative strength of the story
      >he hasn’t revisited it even though he should have realized that prime was a false emotionless persona and samus can experience growth.

Other M in it’s original form was good and I’m not going to act like it isn’t. you will learn this soon enough and apologize to Sakamoto

Anonymous

Did the localization somehow make the gameplay worse?

Anonymous

> you will learn this soon enough
        When it gets ported to Switch before Prime games do?

Anonymous
        Anonymous

It already (kind of) happened:
        https://youtube.com/watch?v=KTuMfsWwd0E

I just got this video recommended as well, it mostly focuses on how botched the localization was, and yeah the change in story beats and dialogue can be pretty stark.

Something I thought was that even if the story was botched by the translation, that was kind of a big oversight on Sakamoto’s part, being that

> Japanese can be notoriously hard to translate faithfully
        > The story is a huge element of the game AND the biggest market for the franchise is the english-speaking world, so you’d think he would try to work closely with the localization team to make sure it checked out

It’s still a bad game at the end of the day, but I do wonder how general opinions on the game would’ve changed had the story and characters remained the same across regions. Probably not much.

Anonymous

I think he did work closely but somehow a lot of subtlety was missed. Samus’s character went from rebellious and childish (which overcoming was the core theme of the story in general) in the japanese version to suck up adam obsessed in the localization. as well as adam going from reasonable and mysterious to aggressively authoritarian. I feel like the infamous ridley scene would have made so much more sense if Samus’s character and themes were still consistent but the damage is done. I think it’ll take some time for people to see it in a better light now that the new translation is out there. but it’s still pretty dumb regardless.

Anonymous

its fucking retarded and always will be retarded that samus just doesnt use all her moves until authorized, no fucking exploration bonus other than missile/energy tank and actual items are a cutscene where samus looks like shes in peril and then adam says "ok u can use it now"
      its fucking retarded

Anonymous

It already (kind of) happened:
      https://youtube.com/watch?v=KTuMfsWwd0E

Anonymous

Other m is so painfully mediocre with a bad story to boot that it just isn’t gonna happen

Anonymous

The game is underrated as hell and it’s only hated because of the fucktard script and because it uses horizontal wii remote

Release that shit on a proper system with proper controls, add a goddamn fucking dodge button instead of that auto dodge shit because you’ll always be using the pdad unless you’re in 1st person mode and there, you’ve got a good game

>b-b-b-but it’s linear cancer shit!!!
      Yes, and that sucks. But that didn’t stop massive fucking faggots from praising fusion and dread

Anonymous

People literally just hated wind water because of the art style, never gave it a chance until 10 years later. Other m is a bad video game

Anonymous

Windwaker and Sunshine were classics though

Anonymous

Would have happened by now. Hasn’t happened. Isn’t going to happen. Sunshine and Wind Waker had detractors at release, but quickly won most of them over. More Mario 64 and an art style that still holds up are far better than whatever Other M offers. If anything Dread highlights all the missed potential Other M possessed. I think of Super Metroid was as prominent then as it is now (closed the show for GDQ for how many years?) I think the level of movement people were looking for would have influenced Other M.

Anonymous

>What about The Metroid?
      >Metroids are extinct.
      >The other M

Anonymous

There is a decent game buried underneath Other M, but it’s like they made every possible terrible decision they could that compounds into an incredibly mediocre to downright shitty at times game.

Insisting on NES controls makes the game braindead. Pixel hunting was garbage. Slowly walking with the over-the-shoulder camera wasn’t fun. The whole game was incredibly linear and having your power-ups enabled for you makes you feel like a child.

It’s a shame too because Samus is acrobatic as fuck and feels great. I’m glad Dread manages to make Samus feel good to use, but unfortunately Other M basically killed any hope for a 3D Metroid that isn’t Prime.

Anonymous

They actually were trying something cool it just fails.

Anonymous

It was a fun game, but bad Metroid game. And even worse story and Samus portrayal.

Anonymous

>Same shit happened with Wind Waker and Sunshine.
      Zoomers were still in kindergarten when public opinion of those changed.

Anonymous

When is other M set anyway? between super and fusion?

Anonymous

Between 1 and 2. But it sets up shit in such a way that 2 3 4 and all three Primes couldn’t happen. It’s so bad it destroyed the whole franchise

Anonymous

>between 1 and 2
          >but she keeps going on about THE BABY that she recovered at the end of 2
          ??

Anonymous

My mistake haven’t thought of it in years. It’s between 2 and 3. That’s how it fucks up the timeline

Anonymous

As an old man who played all of these at release, I can confirm Sunshine and WW were always good. Other M was always shut.

Anonymous

Sunshine is good so long as you do absolutely nothing that isn’t strictly required for beating the game. Blue coins, postgame and secrets are average to horrible.

Anonymous

I liked how it played. Didn’t enjoy the story, or forced adam unlocks but when can you do. If I had my way it would just be on a planet, controls included and adding in the counter mechanic

Anonymous

Already is happening. Gamexplain (or I like to call them, gayexplain) did a recent review of Other M:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu3ylMzq5RI

The reviewer is a cuck that goes "muh sexism!" but even still, the amount of Other M defenders it cropped up is staggering.

Anonymous

Star fox has been getting a growing amount of defenders of post star fox 64 games as well despite them sucking. Give it a few more years and no one will care about other m again

Anonymous

People already pretend it’s some kind of hidden gem, you’re late

Anonymous

Damn is ACfag actually still around?

Anonymous

>Made by Team Ninja just after a huge lawsuit that resulted in its best director and team of designers to fuck off Koei Tecmo
      >When Ninja Gaiden 3 vanilla, the absolute worst AAA action ever released was a recent thing from them

This plus Sakamoto going full Lucas with the story and, for some bizarre, absolutely fucking random reason, decided to kill the joystick for a 3D action game just for this esoteric idea of being a NES+ game or whatever the fuck he was on about.

Also, no Keiji Yamamoto doing the score. We just got some generic composer that did boring anime shit.

Anonymous

Just why exactly did he feel a game like other m had to be made in the first place? Why not make it 2D or have the story be something else and placed anywhere else besides between super and fusion?

Anonymous

>have the story be something else
          I mean, the question of ‘why isn’t it just good’ isn’t something you can answer. I’m sure people thought it was good when they were proof-reading, it for some reason. I don’t know why they chose that particular timeframe, I don’t think there was any deeper thought to it other than ‘this seems like a nice spot in the timeline.’
          According to an interview Sakamoto had with IGN, the reasoning behind the story in particular was because he felt that many players had developed their own ideas of what Samus’ character was after Prime and he wanted to release a game that would clarify it and make her ‘consistent for future titles.’ He essentially wanted to write the definitive Samus that all games afterward would align with. And to be fair to the man, he character is consistent to what we saw in the canon manga (to the point where it straight up steals her having a panic attack upon seeing Ridley,) but the issue is that Samus was fourteen in the manga, and in her late twenties in Other M, so keeping her the same makes no sense.
          Making it 3d was just an extenstion of that; of Sakamoto wanting to connect the games to the Prime series playerbase that he wanted to sell the character to.

Anonymous

>Expect Other M to become a “hidden classic” within the next year or so. Same shit happened with Wind Waker and Sunshine
      Except WindWaker and Sunshine were good
      t. boomer

Anonymous

>Sunshine
        It is a good game, but it’s more of a spinoff than a main series game. You stay most of the game shooting water at things, sliding around and hovering rather than just jumping around. The lack of a long jump completely fucks the game.

>Wind Waker
        Nah, this one was always average at most. The challenge is completely nonexistent, you waste hours just sailing around the literally empty map, there’s no underwater sections even though 90% of the map is fucking water, the triforce hunt is an absolute waste of fucking time, it only has a handful of dungeons and fucking 2 of them are entire escort missions. It’s a charming game, sure, but it still is one of the worst games in the franchise.

Anonymous

sure but they both filled weekends when I was younger and I dont regret a single minute I spent playing them.

Anonymous

Can’t hear you over all this SPEEN

Anonymous

This has already happened with fucking samus returns and fusion

Anonymous

THERE ARE ALWAYS A SHITLOAD OF PEOPLE WHO LIKE EVERY GAME, EVEN GAMES YOU HATE, SO ONCE THEY BECOME OLD ENOUGH THAT PEOPLE ARE NO LONGER pooping ON THEM CONSTANTLY, THOSE PEOPLE WILL BE ABLE TO TALK ABOUT HOW THEY LOVE IT UNINTERRUPTED

Anonymous

You guys remember that subplot about there being a traitor in the squad, to the point where you actually fight him one on one, that was entirely forgotten and never elaborated on; forcing the writer to reveal their identity in a book months later?

Anonymous

It was there to make Samus think Adam and Anthony were bad guys.
        James was obviously the deleter, who else was it supposed to be? the guy who was dropped into a lava pool?

Anonymous

I mean, yeah? Never read "And then they were none"?

Anonymous

As bad as Other M was, I still don’t think that a story driven Metroid game is that bad of an idea; and I kind of resent that the game basically killed any chance of us ever getting a good one. The Metroid universe has a handful of unique elements that I wouldn’t be against looking at further. With this and Federation Force, Metroid has kind of been locked into its role of ‘pure Metroidvania.’ Which isn’t bad, of course, Dread showed us that Metroid works best as a pure Metroidvania, carried solely by its gameplay (big surprise) and if every game matches that quality, I’ll buy every one, but there’s always going to be a part of me that wonders what could have been. If we could have had the best of both worlds.

Anonymous

> “stupid kids like games they grew up with! Why don’t they like the games I grew up with?”
      Quality is entirely subjective video essays and reviews are just people trying and failing to make logical post hoc rationalizations for an experience entirely emotional in nature.

Anonymous

This is probably unpopular but I actually liked the concept of a more story based Metroid game. There’s a lot of untapped potential (galactic federation, chozo, aliens) that doesn’t get explained often. Plus Samus getting some development beyond a space warrior was nice to see. Too bad the game’s writing is terrible though, it could’ve been decent.

Viewing 69 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.