>Sabotage Castlevania

Home Forums A haunted junk yard >Sabotage Castlevania

• This topic has 78 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 25 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

>Sabotage Castlevania
      >Save Metroid
      What the fuck was their end game?

Anonymous

Killing the vania so that people start rightfully calling the genre Metroid clones.

Anonymous

They are action adventure games, I dont know why a stupid term had to be invented.

Anonymous

>adventure
          >RPG stats
          >Adventure

Anonymous

I have no idea what you mean. Adventure cant have stats? Thats retarded

Anonymous

Metroid is action adventure.
            Castlevania is action rpg.
            Solved.

Anonymous

literally anything can be an action adventure game
          >does it have action
          >do you go on an adventure

Anonymous

>literally anything can be an action adventure game
            Animal Crossing?

Anonymous

>bug combat
              >shooting balloons
              >running/fishing

Anonymous

>and/or puzzle solving and some narrative de
                jokes on you homo I never even played AC

Anonymous

>fung shei
                  >you’re the mayor

Anonymous

Adventure games have exploration and/or puzzle solving and some narrative development throughout.

Anonymous

You misunderstand. Action adventure is generally reserved for a mixture of action gameplay and classic adventure game design, i.e. those old point-and-click games. Adventure was an actual term for a largely bygone genre these days, and franchises like Zelda, Metroid and Resident Evil explicitly borrowed from the lock and key logic of that strain of game design while adding in real time action inbetween the puzzle solving bits.

Anonymous

They hated/didn’t understand Castlevania, obviously. And Konami didn’t care enough to set them straight

Anonymous

I don’t think it’s a matter of hating or failing to understand it. MoF and LoS2 were just major misfires. The former needed more time in the oven for revision and the latter should’ve been a slam dunk instead of the air ball it was.

Anonymous

I’d say Nintendo must have beat them into shape, but they made Other M

Anonymous

"They" being Nintendo, in case someone thinks I’m saying Mercury Steam made Other M

Anonymous

hmmm maybe they became better developers the more experience they got????

Anonymous

Well they sure as shit didn’t learn anything while making Castlevania, LoS1 was a 4/10 and then they made a 3/10 and 2/10 with MoF and LoS2. Then they released a bad Warframe clone sometime between Samus Returns and Dread. So it’s almost certainly Nintendo holding the leash.

Anonymous

LoS1 > Super Metroid

Anonymous

But did any of them transition or become queer or biracial?

Anonymous

this cultured person of color is asking the real questions

Anonymous

Castlevania is shit and should be disposed of

Anonymous

Metroid is so much worse.
        The original Castlevania is a million times better than Super Metroid.
        For starters, it’s a skill based game that doesn’t allow you to simply tank through every boss like Super Shitroid, the most overrated garbage of all time.

Anonymous

Lords of Shadow is a masterpiece and it’s the best selling game in the franchise.
          It sold more than SotN and those shitty backtracking simulators.
          If you like Metroidvanias, you are a fucking imbecile and everything that’s wrong with vidya.

LoS1 > Super Metroid

One autist screaming his shitty opinions into the void.

Anonymous

Don’t worry anon, I agree with you. Although, I suck at both, I prefer Castlevania.

Anonymous

Lords of Shadow is a masterpiece and it’s the best selling game in the franchise.
      It sold more than SotN and those shitty backtracking simulators.
      If you like Metroidvanias, you are a fucking imbecile and everything that’s wrong with vidya.

Anonymous

>I have 47 chromosomes and I must tell the world
        Nobody gives a fuck about your dismal taste, retard. Go eat your third box of crayons.

Anonymous

>It sold more than SotN and those shitty backtracking simulators.
        Everyone wanted their own God of War back then and they slapped Kojima’s name in the production just because he’s famous. SotN has always been a niche game during it’s era.

Anonymous

>they slapped Kojima’s name in the production just because he’s famous.
          It was because he played a key role in production. No question they used his name as a claim to legitimacy, though.

Anonymous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQaCGTVkTQQ

How is this supposed to be any worse than Lords of Shadow in general?

Anonymous

I feel like the excessively mediocre 2d god of war combat was one of this games biggest problems, opting for a more fluid yet simple combat system would’ve suited it much better.

Anonymous

I felt Samus Returns was pretty bad.
      I was pretty sad they were making Dread and thought they were going to kill Metroid.
      Glad I couldn’t of been more wrong, I feel like they learned from their mistakes with SR and made a great game this time around.

Anonymous

Nintendo have a track record of taking bad developers and teaching them how to make good games. Team Ninja were so shit after oatmeal cookie left even Nintendo couldn’t save Other M from being shit.

Anonymous

Biggest cope in the world. Nintendo were the ones strangling Team Ninja the whole fucking game starting at NES controls only all the way to “the babby”

Anonymous

They did the same to Platinum and Star Fox Zero. Rather than letting them loose in making a good action game, they hamstrung them trying to push their already failed tablet+tv controls and everyone suffered for it. Their track record isn’t spotless, but thankfully they have reverted back to good dev shepherds with Mercurysteam’s level up.

Anonymous

Fuck off you retard. Star Fox is a rail shooter, not an ARPG, Star Fox shouldn’t have to conform to Platinum because they’re garbage at making anything besides ARPGs. I don’t understand why people wanted them to make a SF game since the rail shooting parts of their games are always absolute dog shit.

Anonymous

iirc platinum mostly just did art assets for zero since nintendo could not into hd development in the wii u era

Anonymous

LoS1 was good and the best 3D Castlevania. MoF was mediocre but not bad. LoS2 was the only shit one, but it apparently had a rocky development.

Anonymous

I like LoS1 overall but being the best 3D Castlevania is a low bar.

Anonymous

It’s the Nintendo magic.

>Rare were shit before and after working with Nintendo
      >Iguana/Retro were shit before Nintendo acquired them
      >Argonaut was only good when Nintendo contracted them
      And so on

Anonymous

Silicon Knights as well. Oddly, Team Ninja went to shit when working with Nintendo.

Anonymous

Team Ninja went off the rails after oatmeal cookie left. They got back on their feet with Nioh.

Anonymous

Sort of. Oatmeal had a hand in Xtreme 2, which sucked and was worse than the original. DOA5 was good and made without him, and before Nioh. But generally speaking they went downhill after he left and only recently course-corrected.

Anonymous

>Silicon Knights as well.
          They had an exclusives contract with Nintendo that only lasted a few years. And they always had talent; Blood Omen is great and the best LoK game by a mile.

Anonymous

>and the best LoK game by a mile
            No

Anonymous

Yes.

Anonymous

Nintendo has track record in shaping up mediocre studios.
        >Monolithsoft
        >Retro Studios

Retro is/was a gigantic shitshow internally. From Prime 1 up through DKCR, after every game they had major team members leave every single time. It’s a fucking miracle they didn’t immediately implode with Prime 2 or 3 when they were constantly cycling staff like they were nothing, let alone actually make good games

Anonymous

Iguana made decent SNES/Genesis games, what are you talking about? They did some decent things after Acclaim ate them.

Anonymous

Nintendo has track record in shaping up mediocre studios.
      >Monolithsoft
      >Retro Studios

Anonymous

I actually liked lords of shadow. never cared to play the second one, though. felt the story was just better left off there

Anonymous

>villains whos motives are beyond the hero’s understanding

Anonymous

They cared enough for LoS1.

The problem was that Konami didn’t drill them harder, and MS really just wanted to work on a CV3 remake (Ironic considering they also wanted to make a Fusion remake for Metroid originally)

Also weird ass fucking dev drama for LOS2 that pretty much dammed the game

Anonymous

>didn’t drill them harder
        Or didn’t want to invest enough money to make it good. Maybe they realized what a garbage shitshow the reboot was and decided to just pack their stuff mid-production and minimize losses.

Anonymous

>didn’t want to invest enough
          LoS2 is a disaster because the design plan was a disaster. Budget wasn’t the problem.
          >they realized what a garbage shitshow the reboot was
          LoS1 was well-received and sold a shitload of copies. Why would they want to undermine that? Because it hurt your fee-fees? LoS2 probably would’ve done well if the game was good. But it wasn’t, so it didn’t. The dev team made bad calls. That’s the beginning and end of the story.

Anonymous

LoS1’s reception was lukewarm at best. It sold because they managed to tie Kojimbo and Patrick Steward into it, but nobody really liked that game, except maybe some proto-zoomers that didn’t know better.

Anonymous

I like LoS but I don’t really rave about it. its a nice GoW clone with some decent combo potential.

Anonymous

>LoS1’s reception was lukewarm at best
              The fact you didn’t like it doesn’t mean it was "lukewarm." Most reviews were very positive and the game sold very well. To be fair, it wouldn’t surprise me if LoS2 sold okay, but there’s no chance it didn’t perform under their expectations.

Anonymous

All the big sites gave it like 8/10 scores. Everyone I know that played it thought it was kinda mediocre with beautiful visuals. Ganker at the time didn’t like it either, even with those that didn’t care much about moving away from the 2D format (again).

Anonymous

>Everyone I know that played it thought it was kinda mediocre with beautiful visuals. Ganker at the time didn’t like it either, even with those that didn’t care much about moving away from the 2D format (again).
                  Anecdotes are anecdotes. I know what the reception here and in Castlevania circles was like because I was there. The industry doesn’t revolve around shitposting teenagers and not-muhs, though. The game did well in general.

Anonymous

it’s shit

Anonymous

It doesn’t matter.

Anonymous

Anon is kind of right actually, It was lukewarm for most fans of the series, but critically it did pretty well and is one of the best selling games in the series

Anonymous

>critically it did pretty well and is one of the best selling games in the series
                no one cares about that shit.

Anonymous

>no one cares about that shit.
                  I don’t really care about it, but it’s the truth.

Anonymous

Lords of Shadow 1 isn’t that bad, didn’t finish MoF or even start LoS 2 so I couldn’t say for those games.

Anonymous

The Castlevania game was made almost a decade ago, and Konami was more than likely a lot more hands off.

Staff changes, learning from fucking up Castlevania, and Nintendo likely being much more hands on than Knomai ever was is what changed

Anonymous

End the stupid name that is Metroidvania. Now they’ll just be known as Metroids.

Anonymous

Lords of Shadow 1 is a great game

Anonymous

They had to take their hard knocks in order to git gud.

Anonymous

Nintendo were breathing down their necks so they could avoid another Federation Force or Other M disaster.

Anonymous

Federation Force was such a colossal waste of Next Level Games’ time

Anonymous

Beside Metroid is very simple and hard to fuck up without having actively retarded ideals (Other M) or not wanting to make a Metroid game at all (Federation Force).
      Hence it’s the one that indies actively go out of their way to make.

Anonymous

Not their fault, it was The Castlevania Dungeon’s fault that the franchise got sabotaged hard in the ass!
      Their obsession with IGA made them so butt-mad that they started to say the games where shit even though they were great GoW clones to the point that by the 3nd game(LoS2) they started spreading shit rumors about the director interfering with the staff because of wife reasons.

But now they are getting raped in the ass just like Alucard with the Netflix adaptation of castlevania they wished so hard to the point of ruining the series forever.
      I really resent those poopyholes to the point i would put them all in gas-chambers together with the garden gnomes.

Anonymous

>Sabotage Castlevania
      Those were Konami and Kojima

Anonymous

Also this!

Anonymous

Konami giving 0 shits because they were going to kill the series for pachinko anyway vs Nintendo wanting an actually decent exclusive on the Switch this year to drive sales

Anonymous

who?

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.