SNOWBOUND

Home Forums A haunted junk yard SNOWBOUND

• This topic has 133 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 33 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

SNOWBOUND

Anonymous

VETO

Anonymous

Based Arby n the Chief fag

Anonymous

>this better not be Snowbound again
      How come nobody camps the middle with the shotgun anymore? They’re obsessedw ith the snipers and coming down the pipe hole with the brute shot.

Anonymous

Camping with shotgun isn’t viable since they took out the shield doors.

Anonymous

Take me to Sandtrap, the best map.

Anonymous

>not the pit

Anonymous

>not valhalla

Anonymous

BASED

>not the pit

CRINGE

Anonymous

god i love the bungie forerunner aesthetic.

Anonymous

>all those hours spent driving the Mongoose over the Valhalla hill and having a Brute Shot-wielding passenger launch us towards the enemy base

Anonymous

>new MCC update added custom games browser for Halo 3
        >got to hop into a game of infection on sandtrap and do laps around the map while zombies try to murder me with swords and grav hammers
        Just like old times.

Anonymous

The Pit is by far the worst map in the game. It’s so fucking generic and uninteresting design, and the flow is just circling the map, sometimes broken by enemies spawning behind you.

Anonymous

>sometimes broken by enemies spawning behind you.
        The Pit spawns are side static in team playlists, you will only ever spawn on your side unless all spawns are blocked.

Anonymous

Halo had lots of cool maps, what happen

Anonymous

343 happened

Anonymous

Literally all industrial too. It got stale fast and they are doing it again with recharge and livefire.

Thankfully they are not completely retarded with infinite. Bazaara and behemoth are the best map so far. those two maps better be fucking amazingly diverse or I might get sick of it quickly

Anonymous

*twenty

Anonymous

I get the point that anon was making but Recharge is a fantastic map, easily my favorite of the tech test.

Anonymous

There’s nothing unique about any of the Infinite maps. Absolutely 0 atmosphere.

Anonymous

It’s still like this in Infinite. There’s no gimmick in any of the maps they’ve shown. They’re all just 3 lane arenas, and I believe 3 of them are symmetrical.
          The BTB map was fucking terrible.

Anonymous

How in the fuck is Recharge a 3 lane arena?

Anonymous

Really? Are we really at the point where Chiron and Elongation are being praised and fondly remembered?

Anonymous

Chiron is a fun map nerd. 343 blobmaps are not.

Anonymous

Elongation and Longest CTF are fun if you’re not with people who are trying.

Anonymous

Better than any 343 map.

Anonymous

>This nigga didn’t play ffa rockets first to ten on Chiron
            Boy

Anonymous

Stripe of color.

Anonymous

boarding action is my favorite gimmick map, love that shit

Anonymous

343 used forge to make all the maps

Anonymous

Bungie did that with Reach long before 343 took over.

Anonymous

Veto

Anonymous

Why did they put a call of duty map into Halo 3

Anonymous

i only ever saw that map in customs

Anonymous

This map visually aged like wine

Anonymous

Unironically ghost town was an experimental map and they even said so back then.

Anonymous

It’s a good map, especially for swat and snipers.

Anonymous

Why does this map come up all the fucking time?

Anonymous

Prisoner kicks ass
      Lockout kicks ass
      Guardian kicks ass
      Reach’s comp maps suck
      4 has no comp but Haven is ok
      Plaza is pretty good

Anonymous

"VETTO!"

Anonymous

Fucking Snowbound
      Veto Veto Veto fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

Anonymous

Skyboxes are a lost art

Anonymous

Halo 3 had a very nice aesthetic.

Anonymous

it still holds up to this day. the texture work and baked lighting are amazing.

Anonymous

Meanwhile 343 maps for the most part not all are have shit vistas and look dead

Anonymous

bungie still knock it out of the park with their skyboxes

Anonymous

>no HUD elements overlapping the weapon
          I wish more devs followed this rule, it looks so much cleaner.

Anonymous

CE’s HUD will always remain the best. Less so the Anniversary one, but I don’t feel like digging for an original Xbox screenshot.

Anonymous

shame that can’t be said for anything else about the game
          destiny could’ve been amazing

Anonymous

I dunno, it plays vastly better than any other shooter I’ve ever played. I just play the campaigns and do the raids and dungeons a few times each, it’s good fun.

Anonymous

The shooting mechanics are admittedly rock solid considering it’s from Bungie and the Raids (and a few strikes) are great with a group, but the complementary elements all kind of buckle within the constraints of the format. Without a versatile sandbox of weapons, vehicles, and enemies, combat scenarios usually boiled down to repetitive bullet-spongy shooting galleries. Destiny lore is also astoundingly poor for the potential it’s baffling.

Anonymous

yeah, I wish there was more unique elements with the enemies, something like diablo style elite affixes would be great, and could easily work with all of the sci-fi tech and magic that the setting provides. Vehicles should totally get more play, especially in a big team style crucible mode, which is sorely lacking, and it’s a shame, because they feel pretty great to drive on the rare occasion that they show up

Anonymous

Destiny is a beautiful looking game all around

Anonymous

Invasion was a pretty fun game mode.
      Cool maps too.

Anonymous

Infantry only or vehicle map?

Which was superior in Halo?

Anonymous

Personally i prefer vehicle maps since they tend to get more chaotic with warthogs flying all over the place and ghosts exploding like it was new years eve

Anonymous

1 2 and 3 combined arms maps were better but in Reach onwards Infanity only maps are better because the vehicle balance in Reach onward is beyond broken, and by that I mean they are practically useless and way too easy to destroy.

Anonymous

why does the map rotation on MCC suck. i play on the same maps over and over

Anonymous

Because for some reason the maps have arbitrary weights to them rather than all having an equal chance of being selected.
        Epitaph has a 2% weight for instance in AR slayer, so 1 in 50 games you will get it.

Anonymous

why

Anonymous

Because 343 diverse folk tongue my anus.

Anonymous

VETO THIS FUCKING SHIT. VETO!

Anonymous
        Anonymous

Only 2 and it fucking aged like milk. Game is shit now.

Anonymous

fuck off

Anonymous

Explain halo to me
      To me the game always looked like some cheap eastern European shooter about space
      I never owned an Xbox so maybe thats the reason

Anonymous

I’d say it’s the Star Wars of video games. Original trilogy is pure kino, the newer ones aren’t nearly as good as the originals but still have *some* draw to them, and the expanded universe is quality.

Anonymous

the EU is shit after 343 got their dirty hands on it, the rest of this post is accurate.

Anonymous

What makes it look Eastern European? It was the American college dudebro of FPS games at the time.

Anonymous

Take a classic arena shooter and gut it to make it suitable for console players.
        >floaty jump physics
        >slow movement speed
        >longer ttk
        >aim assist for everything but sniping
        Instead of fast-paced gameplay as usual for arena shooters, it focuses on slower team strategy, map control, and vehicles. It effectively does its own thing and is pretty fun in that sense.
        It also took other design decisions like regenerating health and two weapon carry limits. While these gameplay elements work well enough in Halo, they were copied by nearly every other medicore shooter of the 00s/10s and killed the entire fps genre for a decade.

Anonymous

>Arby ‘n’ the Chief
      >Custom games on Foundry
      >Screaming in matchmaking lobby
      >Pressing X as the custom game lobby faded to black
      >Absolute hype before Halo 3 came out

I miss those times.

Anonymous

> Pepsi Samba
        > Big bag of skittles
        > Pizza
        > Crackdown, Halo 3, Dead Rising
        I want to go back anon..

Anonymous

That Pepsi looks comfy Anon, we didn’t get that in Bongland. I used to grab 2L of supermarket brand energy drink on a Friday and play until stupid AM. Stopped doing that shortly after CoD WaW as I was getting chest pains during the day. These days I rarely bother with vidya, hundreds of games on Steam and nothing to play.

Anonymous

>Pressing X as the custom game lobby faded to black
        Sometimes it would take like 10 mins just to get a match started cause of everyone doing this lmao

Anonymous

stupid fucking snowbound

Anonymous

>Free MCC weekend
      >Install Halo 4
      >Beat Legendary in one day and will never buy it / touch it again

Anonymous

Halo 4 campaign is just irredeemable garbage. Multiplayer is still passable but really, really weak compared to any other in the series.

Anonymous

Fuck off reach is the irredeemable garbage. 4 at least had a decent campaign.

Anonymous

Please stop drinking formaldehyde.

Anonymous

4 has the worst enemies ever put into an fps, the a.i. got worse, and all the weapons are borderline hitscan.

Anonymous

343i hands made this post

Anonymous

Reach is probably the worst Bungie campaign, but it can’t even be compared to how bad 4/5 are.

Anonymous

lol, lmao.

Anonymous

We’ve reached peak retardation fellas

Anonymous

Half of 4’s campaign is complete fucking garbage. Anything that involves the Prometheans, or whatever the fuck they were called, was just a bunch of samey looking gray rooms using the same 4-5 weapons over and over again that looked like heaps of metal magically floating together to fight bullet sponge Knights that teleported around or dog things you one-shot.

I cannot believe anyone that actually played Halo 4’s campaign could think it was decent.

Anonymous

>press x to kill elite

Anonymous

>mcc has a 12gb update
      what the fuck

Anonymous

season 8 baby
        more f2p shit
        except the new map I guess

Anonymous

I remember being a teenager and thinking this level specifically was as good as graphics were ever gonna get.
      probably just because it was one of the first times I saw something on an hd tv tho.

Anonymous

Halo 3 visually has aged in a lot of ways but the lighting is still godlike and does a great job and hiding how a lot of textures clearly indicate an xbox 360 game.

Anonymous

Halo 3 definitely had the best blend of minimalism, colors, and great lighting to keep it good looking today. CE’s look is more cartoony with its blockish textures and even brighter colors, while Reach had a little too much going on with the character/gun models and scenery to pull off the same aesthetic as 3.
          Still I feel the only Halo game that aged poorly was 2. It was trying to do way too much with the limited Xbox tech at the time. It pushed that console to its limits but looks worse than CE today because of it. At least 2 got one of the greatest HD remasters ever made. H2A looks way better than 5, and it’s easily the visual peak of the entire franchise.

Anonymous

It wouldn’t be weird of me to say that OG Halo 2 is unplayable for me after experiencing H2A is it

Anonymous

As long as you also agree that CEA (or at least the second half of it) is utter dogshit and one of the biggest cases of wasted potential ever released.
              I don’t play H2 with original graphics anymore, because it looks like ass. I also really like modding that campaign with the ruby rebalanced patch, since the original gun balancing and difficulty scaling were also absolute trash. Level design is also a little boring compared to CE and 3 too lol, but can’t fix that. 10/10 writing, characters, and music though.

Anonymous

The only reason I don’t play in H2A graphics is because the muzzle flash on most of the guns is over the top and so you can’t see shit once you start shooting.
              It’s most obnoxious on the carbine so it basically makes every arbiter level unplayable.

Anonymous

I don’t play H2A because that remaster ost is worse than the original and I cant just use remastered graphics with original ost because 343 are fucking retarded.

Anonymous

Halo 3 holds up a lot better at high resolutions vs games of that period like Gears of War and COD4. It used a lot of layered decals and normal maps that are going to scale better at higher resolutions than whatever constituted as high res textures from 2007. And good lighting is always going to age well.

Anonymous

Pretty much yeah, the painted backdrops that clearly weren’t authored for high resolutions stick out like a black sheep but everything else looks fantastic in higher resolutions.

Anonymous

It honestly holds up better than most games from the 7th gen. Whatever magic they pulled on the lighting seriously paid off, despite the low-poly assets.

Anonymous

Good lighting can save old games, just like a good artstyle can. It’s why STALKER to this day is still called a really good looking game despite the age
              Personally there’s something about Halo 3’s artstyle I dislike though I can admit it still looks good. It almost seems too bright or too colorful or something to me.

Anonymous
      Anonymous

have 343 ever acknowledged or even plan to fix these playlists for mcc
      LITERALLY constantly playing on the same two goddamn maps ever with no change in both halo reach and 3, endless reach dlc maps and endless sandtrap/box on 3

Anonymous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVkGtVJVYps
      >something like this will never EVER happen again on this planet

Anonymous

I decided to keep going through Halo 4’s campaign despite anons in an older thread saying it was mostly bad/mediocre and I gotta say
      I kind of liked it. Some of it anyways. It had enough moments that I liked to say that I likes the game even if I could pick a ton of things that I didn’t like
      Chief and Cortana suddenly having as deep a relationship they did felt weird but I could tell Bungie was hinting that by the end of 3. Maybe 343 just rushed it too far forward.
      Broadsword run was fun

Anonymous

What do people mostly play in the new seasons for MCC? 3 or Reach or 2 or what?

Anonymous

>seasons
        Fuck off and fuck 343

Anonymous

okay i’ll just play halo 2 singleplayer on my xbox by myself then

Anonymous

Based

Anonymous

343 are incompetent but their inclusion of custom games browser is undeniably based

Anonymous

>people ask for PC halo with server browser for years
            >they literally promise server browser for MCC
            >"we did it guys, we put in a custom game browser!"
            >retards rejoice
            No they aren’t and it isn’t the first thing they straight up lied about in the promo material either

Anonymous

I hate this map

Anonymous

how do I use the h3 mod tools

Anonymous

Do you think 343 will ever have the balls to kill off the Chief?

Anonymous

They already did that by milking him for 3 more shitty games.

Anonymous

>Do you think 343 will ever have the balls to kill off the Chief?
        They would just revive him with some forerunner deus ex machina bullshit the next game

Anonymous

They had the balls to kill Halo

Anonymous

His story ended for me in Halo 3.
        I wouldn’t mind if they gave him a final sendoff.
        I might be pissed if they kill him, but I could stand having him disappear.
        Spartans never die, they’re just mia, and all that.

Anonymous

>Halo infinite
          >Chief Dies
          >Portal Opens and another chief steps out
          >another portal opens another chief steps out
          >multiple portals open with different chiefs stepping out
          >Halo "infinite"

Anonymous

ooh i hate that

Anonymous

don’t fucking jinx it

Anonymous

ooh i hate that

the only way it’d be cool is if the multiplayer was a lore accurate Master Chief civil war

Anonymous

How the fuck have I not linked the game to Bioshock Infinishit after all this time?
            >hyped up marketing
            >delayed for years
            >scrapped and reworked from the ground up
            >"soft reboot"

Anonymous

Unless I missed it, there isn’t an overt Halo MCC shill thread rn, so I’m posting this here.
      I am a salty Bungie purist who is pretty critical of 343i, but I bought the MCC last night and have been playing it all day.
      I like that you can customize your downloads and only download certain parts of games: and I noticed that I had downloaded the multiplayer for Halo 1, 2, 3, and Reach, but the campaigns for only Reach, ODST, and 4.
      I love the Halo trilogy campaigns to death, I love Big Chief’s story in that trilogy, but stories about anyone other than Chief are just what I need right now. Reach and Spartan Ops are a lot of fun particularly because you get to customize your character. There’s a roleplaying element to that, where there’s space to imagine who your spartan is, what his specialty is and all that. My Noble 6 is a scuba boi…
      Spartan Ops is also the best thing 343i has done with Halo, as far as campaigns go. Some of the writing is really really bad, like you have some "I’m going to science the shit out of this!" lines, but the premise of being operators out in the field with a team behind you is great, and refreshingly smaller scale compared to Mister Chief’s big adventure.

Anonymous

I really hated Spartan Ops because there wasn’t any semblance of balance. No time or life limits, so it just throws a ridiculous amount of enemies at you and expects you to die a hundred times.

Anonymous

I can agree about that, but I’ll take it over what they did for their actual campaigns.

Anonymous

for me, it’s going into maps alone (because i had no friends) and just soaking in the atmosphere and ambience

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqjUmkfZJEg

Anonymous

VETO VETO VETO

Anonymous

The MCC is free until monday, don’t forget to play with your fellow anons https://discord.gg/93XghqjrrJ

Viewing 33 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.