So now you need to fucking wait in a queue? Really!

Home Forums A haunted junk yard So now you need to fucking wait in a queue? Really!

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

So now you need to fucking wait in a queue? Really!

Anonymous

should have refunded

Anonymous

I hear queued have stopped for New World. Go pop over there now

Anonymous

How’s the Switch version?

Anonymous

There’s a switch version wtf?

Anonymous

pretty good. targeting is much easier on pc, but i really like the hotkeys for your skills they have on consoles. switch version runs great.

Anonymous

Just so you know, you can use the console keybinds on PC too, just use a controller. Navigating the lobby with a controller is a nightmare, though. So might need to use both. I’ve been doing MF runs with a sorc on hell with a 360 controller though, it does work really well.

How’s the Switch version?

I like it but it has weird shader issues. I read somewhere that this is because the specs are basically set to min, but for some reason it ends up meaning that alot of the characters have slick black hair, especially obvious on Necromancer. Pic realted, and you can see it on the rogue standing next to him too.

Anonymous

Necromancer finally finished his transition into Marylin Manson.

Anonymous

I was wondering why Activision would bother releasing a game for $40 without microtransactions, I guess the trick is just not to provide even marginal support for it

Anonymous

Imagine being conditioned to WANTING microtractions in a game let alone believing that they help support a game ever.

Anonymous

Oh I don’t want them, my point was that I thought Activision would be too money-grubbing to release a game without additional ways to gouge the player. I still feel like the remake is way better than we could’ve gotten, but this server bullshit is a downside

Anonymous

Serves you right for being a blizzcuck. Stop giving these people money.

Anonymous

I made a mistake. I’ve never bought a blizzard game before but pirated D2 back in the day. I always hated Blizzard but didn’t know the extent of how cancerous they are as a company because I don’t follow their news.

Anonymous

I’m playing the SP version. Do adults still have time to grind the same spots for the same items for hours a day at a time?

Anonymous

Man I’ve got more time than I had as a kid, I used to have to go to school, now I work from home.

Anonymous

>/v/edditnegroes pay 40$ to sit in the que for 21 years old game

Anonymous

Don’t forget these are also 35+ year old men who wasted their youth on the same game ready to waste time all over again.

Anonymous

You’re wasting your time posting on Ganker. Most things that people do are a waste of time.

Anonymous

They probably already have it though.

Anonymous

zoomer opinions go right in the trash can

Anonymous

>He plays online
      lmao

Anonymous

why buy more server space when you know the game will shoot down in popularity in a few weeks anyways?
      fuck gamers, they’re entitled shits anyways, make the paypigs wait

Anonymous

This guy gets it.

Anonymous

Is there anything bad about this? Sounds logical to someone who manages the finances, server costs and whatever.

Anonymous

Not from that perspective, consumers will eat pretty much any shit put in front of them. And I say this as someone logged into D2R now. But it would be a nice gesture to rent more server space for the launch, wouldn’t it? A month or two? Spend a little money to avoid bad press and pissing people off? I guess those things don’t end up costing them money.

Anonymous

Good points. I guess you get what you paid for.

Anonymous

if the population wasnt subhuman consoomers then your company would go out of business if you did these practices but here we are

Anonymous

>Blizztards getting scammed I to queuing for a 21-year old game

Lmao

Anonymous

Ummm maybe play offline?

Anonymous

>play offline in a game that is always online
        what the fuck blizzshill.

Anonymous

It’s not always online. You can definitely play offline with no wait. And in fairness, the online queue is only like five minutes, even though it shouldn’t be there in the first place

Anonymous

Go make lunch and come back, faggot. It’s the weekend so a bunch of people are trying to play. I prefer this over 10 hour down times.

Anonymous

just play something that’s actually fun

Anonymous

Looks like more indie pixel shovelware.

Anonymous

Sure it looks like shit, but it’s made by David Brevik. But it plays a lot like Diablo 1, with a little mix of Diablo 2. Classes determine the weapon types you can use and what attributes you can level, but you can mix and match different class skills at any time.

Anonymous

>pindleskin fags crashed the server so hard they implemented permanent queues

lmao
      they just should modify the drop rates

Anonymous

I find it hilarious that they didn’t think people would do Meph/Pindle/Countess runs, even though that was about the only thing happening when ladder hadn’t restarted.

Anonymous

How come the new battle.net servers are so fragile? On the original bnet 20 years ago, thousands of bots would constantly do pindleruns and it never affected the servers as a whole.

Anonymous

Because Blizzard would literally kill you and use you for fuel if it was legal to do so. And they would make you feel bad for thinking they shouldn’t.

Anonymous

On the original Bnet, people spent half the day in a realm down screen.

Anonymous

I completely no-lifed D2 in my youth and I have no recollection of that whatsoever. The only thing I can remember is that if you created too many games too quickly, you’d get a realm down / world not found screen, but that had zero impact on anyone else playing.

Anonymous

>I completely no-lifed D2 in my youth and I have no recollection of that whatsoever.
              >The only thing I can remember is that if you created too many games too quickly, you’d get a realm down / world not found screen

lol

Anonymous

Same, the servers were never overloaded or down. Same with Brood War, and to my knowledge, Frozen Throne.

Anonymous

They weren’t down all of the time because you couldn’t spam games since you’d get a realm down.

Anonymous

Then why doesn’t Blizzard just do something like that for D2R as well? Giving a player a soft lock-out after exceeding a certain number of games seems much preferable to having the servers be this unstable for everybody.

Anonymous

That was fucking terrible. Those realm downs lasted over 24 hours at times. Fuck going back to that shit.

Anonymous

I’m not saying to do the exact same thing, just a soft lock-out like they already do in WoW when spamming instances. If you create too many games too quickly, you get locked out from creating any new games for say 1 hour. No need for a realm down message, you could still be connected to the server and in the lobby, but when you try to create a game you get a message that you are currently locked out and it gives you an exact timer for how long. Basically does the same thing as the queue, but it will only affect people who stress the servers the most.

Anonymous

Being able to spam games is the reason why I already have a self found enigma. Back in the day the highest rune I have ever found was a vex since I’d do 5 meph runs and then be locked out for 3 hours. Lock outs are terrible. Wait 5 minutes, dude.

Anonymous

Why would you need to spam games to find high runes of all things? You do realize that high runes don’t actually have any higher drop chance from any bosses and Countess can only drop up to IST. If you want to farm HRs your best bet is hell cows, CS, lower kurast etc. That can easily last you for 30 minutes per game and you would have never been locked out for doing that.

Anonymous

>Why would you need to spam games to find high runes of all things?

It’s called killing trav you fucking newb.

Anonymous

Yeah, trav is another good spot. My point is, why do you spam only one farming spot over and over instead of doing a bunch of equally good farming spots in the same game? Especially back in the day if you knew you’d get locked out for it? You sound like you never actually played D2 back in the day and are currently in the honeymoon phase for D2R to be honest. So anything Blizzard is doing with this game is perfect, including the terrible servers.

Anonymous

Trav is the best spot to find HRs quickly. The fact that you mention lower kurast in an online context without maphack proves you’re some try hard. I bet you haven’t found a single HR yet.

Anonymous

>I bet you haven’t found a single HR yet.
                        Of course I haven’t. I played d2 all day every day when I was 13 years old. Do you honestly think now that I’m in my 30s I will spend countless of hours farming for fucking hotos, enigmas, insights and all that other garbage that ruined the game in the first place? Hell, even when I was a kid I never actually wasted all that much time with autistic farming but mostly traded my way up to the best gear.

Anonymous

Stop speaking about target farming when it’s obvious that all of your knowledge stems from watching streamers and then misremembering what they said. You suck at the game and lock outs are fucking cancer.

Anonymous

Yeah yeah, go do more mf runs for 100 hours. I’m sure that next dopamine hit when you see that next HR drop will give you a semblance of fulfillment and happiness for at least 30 seconds.

Anonymous

If you don’t want to mf, you don’t actually want to play D2. Go make another "give free please" game, newb.

Anonymous

Also, the servers are stable for me. Wait 5 fucking minutes you impatient bastard. You can make games as quick as you want when you’re in.

Anonymous

>they just should modify the drop rates
        But that’s the CORRECT way to do it. Blizzard will not do that.

Anonymous

Adjusting the droprates would just make the game dead in a month. The reason why D2 has outlasted pretty much any other game in this genre is exactly because the best gear is so rare and feels like it has actual value. If you could get every character geared up in best in slot items in a month or 2, why would you continue playing the game? The pvp scene has been dead since 1.10 and there is no actual engame pve content. The longevity of the game comes entirely from the scarcity of the items.

Anonymous

I’ve never seen someone so adamantly defend shitty drop rates before.

Anonymous

I’m not really defending it, I’m just saying that the content of d2 is nothing but endless farming nowadays. The pvp scene is nonexistent and there is nothing else to do once you have geared up your character with best in slot gear.

Anonymous

>Create game where you have to run a singular instance 400,000 times to get a decent drop
        >Servers crash when players do precisely that
        WOOOOOOOOW HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW

Anonymous

All console versions are unable to play online now until they get the patch for the server queues in a week or so

Anonymous

Consolefags just can’t stop winning!

Anonymous

It’s too popular

Anonymous

Well, good luck with that. Don’t forget to buy Blizzard T-Shirts and coffee mugs.

Anonymous

OFFLINE CHADS
      WE JUST KEEP WINNING

Anonymous

>queue
      >for a single player game

Anonymous

It’s always been a multiplayer focused game

Anonymous

How often are you actually playing with other people though? 5% of the time? 2%?

Anonymous

Playing in the trade economy makes it 100%

Anonymous

>muh economy
              Actually have a nice day.

Anonymous

Why do you think D2 is so popular?

Anonymous

Trading was only fun when the in-game trade channels were used for it. d2jsp completely ruined trading.

Anonymous

If you’re playing in the "trade economy" you’re spending 30s on d2jsp getting/selling what you need then going back to MFing

Anonymous

MFing wouldn’t be fun if you couldn’t trade the items you find

Anonymous

And? You still spend 95% of your playtime alone MFing. Which is fine.

Anonymous

I wouldn’t know, I only play single-player.

Anonymous

Can I pirate it yet?

Anonymous

i honestly dont know what was wrong with my brain when i paid 40 bucks for this

Anonymous

So glad I got my money back for this piece of shit. Blizzard is incapable of not fucking up.

Anonymous

I don’t think I’ve ever hated a player base as much as this autistic player base and I sure hate a lot of autistic player bases.

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.