Dark Souls loremaster here, ask me ANYTHING

Home Forums General video game discussion & off topic Dark Souls loremaster here, ask me ANYTHING

• This topic has 166 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 48 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Souls loremaster here
      Ask and I shall answer

Anonymous

pits of feet?

Anonymous

Face

Why did Chuck sell the store to Sneed

?

Shut the hell up freak.

No, gotta kill time during my night shift

Anonymous

>?
          he doesnt know

Anonymous

>?
          go away you’re not wanted here

Anonymous

Why did Chuck sell the store to Sneed

Anonymous

Good question.

Anonymous

Shut the hell up freak.

Anonymous

do you think rosaria and gertrude are the same person or two different people?

Anonymous

Nope, different people.
        For me at least, it’s pretty much 99.99999999999% sure Rosaria is Gwynevere.
        Goddess of fertility, goddess of rebirth. Rosaria’s soul is clearly twisted and fucked up. The whole Leonhard questline that leads you to Gwynevere’s chamber. The fact that after birthing Ocelotte Gwynevere dissapeared. And a few more parallels.

Why the fuck is braille a thing that exists in the dark souls universe?

Because blind people exist?

are you an adult virgin?

Nope. Far from being a normie but far from being a virgin. I’m just killing time

Anonymous

Not him, but they are a different person. One would think that whats his face would not have taken her soul to Gwynevere’s chamber if they were the same. More support for her being Gwynevere, or maybe Gwynevere’s mother?

Anonymous

Why the fuck is braille a thing that exists in the dark souls universe?

Anonymous

Just easy translation. Just imagine they call it something else there.

Anonymous

are you an adult virgin?

Anonymous

Which game is your favorite? Which is the objective best?

Anonymous

Objectively the best? As in, no "muh feelings" involved? Either 2 or 3. Each one has issues in different ways, but 2 has the feel of a gigantic adventure that no other souls games has, a colossal world filled with secrets that you can sink hundreds/thousands of hours in and still have missed tons of stuff, and 3 is the most polished and the most fun to play as.
        For me, 3.
        I played 1 first when it came to pc, disliked it a lot.
        Played 2, loved it
        Played BB, fucking loved it, bought a PS4 for it on 2 separate occasions, and typing this makes me want to get a PS4 from a friend, I have BB somewhere here, only console game I bought. Actually, only game I bought in like 16 years. I’m a piratefag
        Played 3, fucking loved it
        Emulated DeS, loved it.
        Can’t wait for Elden OOOo

In the end I played BB and 3 over 35 times each and regularly do small runs of 3, 2 and sotfs over 15 times, 1 like 3 or 4 times. Sekiro like 6 or 7 times. I’ll play the LMTSR mod when I have some time

Anonymous

based answer. I am pretty burnt out on 3 but can still jump right back into 2 and have a good time

Anonymous

Is Priscilla nameless king’s daughter?
      I know the gwyniwere and the white dragon bullshit, but why Gwyn would offer his daughter to a dragon? seems like normies didn’t got the lore right
      It sounds more reasonable that Gwyn erase his son from history because he fucked a dragon (female) and she had Priscilla and then he enclosed Priscilla in the painted world

Anonymous

>Is Priscilla nameless king’s daughter?
        Isn’t she Seath’s daughter?
        >why Gwyn would offer his daughter to a dragon?
        What if he didn’t know? What if it was behind his back? What if it was rape? What if he did not care much, after all Seath helped them btfo the dragons and he gave him parts of his SOVL. He can also abandon a daughter to pygmies in a city at the end of the world. Not really the best father.

is the declining quality in the series a metaphor for something lore-related?

Depends what you mean by declining. I think the games got better over time. The only thing I can think of that’s good in 1, is the interconnected world design… and that lasts for 1/3 of the game. Absolutely everything else is better in the following games. So objectively speaking, if everything is better in the sequels, then the sequels are better.

How do I git gud? I still haven’t beaten DaS1.

Bruh, just roll back when you see an enemy raise his hand and don’t button mash like a tard. I let my little brother play souls when he was high as shit, just told him "dodging is more important than attacking", he blitzed through the games.

Why do they make horse clop sounds when they walk?

No fucking idea lmao, nice one

Anonymous

>Isn’t she Seath’s daughter?
          You didn’t even read my whole post you fucking melanoid
          I say that if retards got the lore wrong and Priscilla was nameless king daughter instead of seath, because that would make sense to Gwyn erasing all the archives of his son, plus making Gwyndolin a trap so he couldn’t dick a dragon like his old brother

Anonymous

Nah, Gwyndolin was raised a daughter because of his affinity with the moon.
            Priscilla has dragon feature therefore implies dragon heritage which Nameless King does not. And yeah, he was erased from history because he sided with the dragons.
            If it’s not Seath, then it has to be some other dragon, but not Nameless.

Anonymous

>Priscilla has dragon feature therefore implies dragon heritage which Nameless King does not
              But the dragon he fucked could

Anonymous

Ooooh sorry I’m fucking retarded, must be the lack of sleep, didn’t think of that.
                Well, in that case, why didn’t he take her with him to Archdragon Peak? Who might be the mother? Do we know femdragons?
                I mean, Seath was running experiments, the octopus girls in his archives, the jumping dudes kidnapping women, it was most likely an attempt at creating something new.
                She’s in Ariamis, a place where people dangerous to the gods are thrown. Why didn’t Nameless king take her with him since he was already in bad terms with the rest of the gods?
                Seath is more close to Gwyn than Nameless is.

Anonymous

3 is literally a straight line, it’s an objective downgrade from 2, which was an objective downgrade from the good portion of 1.

DS3 is only better than 1 and 2 in its combat.

Anonymous

>Better combat
            >Roll spam

DS3 is only "better" in that the controls are more polished and therefore smoother. Everything else about DS3 is shit compared to 1 & 2.

Anonymous

I think he literally mean combat, sword combat, that’s it
              Ds2 fucks ds3 in the ass in pvp
              Ds3 magicks are shit
              I guess if mihackzaki didn’t turn ds3 into bloodborne 2, it could have been a good dark souls game

Anonymous

It also easily has the best enemy and boss design in the franchise. Which elevates it’s spammy combat to above the level of 1 and 2.

Anonymous

don’t forget yorksha
        she calls gwyndolin her brother but that could be just a sweet affectation or something snakelegs told her as a simple explanation
        or she could be another one of gwyn’s freaky progeny, or gwynevere’s daughter, or the nameless king’s daughter, or priscilla’s daughter

Anonymous

I think people were trying to make the Greek gods connection even stronger with Priscilla. Gwyn is kind of the gods and throws lightning, therefore Zeus. So the beautiful goddess of love and fertility must have slept around behind her husband’s back just like Aphrodite did.
        I happen to roll with the idea that Gwyn’s firstborn was a dragon fucker, too, but there’s no hard evidence either way.

don’t forget yorksha
        she calls gwyndolin her brother but that could be just a sweet affectation or something snakelegs told her as a simple explanation
        or she could be another one of gwyn’s freaky progeny, or gwynevere’s daughter, or the nameless king’s daughter, or priscilla’s daughter

I like the idea that she was another bastard or otherwise "undesirable" child of Gwyn.
        Once Gwyn was double dead and gone after the Chosen Undead put him down, Gwyndolin may have reached out to his last surviving family — another child of Gwyn that Gwyn never accepted during his life.
        Alternatively, they may have been full-blooded siblings or even twins. They both have that pale, thin, sickly appearance.
        The statues around Anor Londo in DS1 only show us Gwyn, Gwynevere, and the shattered remains of the firstborn. I like to think that Gwyn only reached out to and accepted Gwyndolin in the hopes of raising him up as a strong, bold son to replace the one he exiled. But when Gwyndolin turned out to be frail and moon-aligned, Gwyn said "fuck it, you’re a girl now."
        He had no need for yet another daughter, so Yorshka was left in obscurity until Gwyndolin took power and invited her to Anor Londo.

Anonymous

>I happen to roll with the idea that Gwyn’s firstborn was a dragon fucker
          what a CHAD

Anonymous

>Once Gwyn was double dead and gone after the Chosen Undead put him down, Gwyndolin may have reached out to his last surviving family — another child of Gwyn that Gwyn never accepted during his life.
          I don’t like this. Part of what makes Nameless King great is the mystery surrounding the firstborn and what he’s up to now. We can’t have another child randomly come into the picture.

Anonymous

is the declining quality in the series a metaphor for something lore-related?

Anonymous

In dark souls 3 yeah, world is dying that’s why it feels so souless and boring

Anonymous

but is there an explanation for why ds2 feels so disjointed? perhaps when the world was recreated it scrambled everything up into a choppy mess?

Anonymous

Change of directors mid development.

Anonymous

Ds2 literally in the intro (ds3 timeline) shows you traveling in time, all of ds2 is magic and fantasy

Anonymous

Yes. The first director was a fucking retard that was running the game into the ground. A short time before release they called based Tanimura to somehow stitch a working game together. It’s a fucking miracle that he managed to make this.
            But the game is still fantastic and expands on many concepts of 1, and feels like a grand adventure, much more than 1.
            >muh floating castle
            Yeah nobody cares

Anonymous

The original director was too ambitious for his own good. He kept coming up with new ideas and shoehorning them into the game fairly far into development, so FromSoft canned him and pulled in a new guy to make sense of the first guy’s scattered ingredients.

Anonymous

How do I git gud? I still haven’t beaten DaS1.

Anonymous

just take your time, keep that shield up, and never button mash. you’ll be fine bud

Anonymous

Play dark souls 2 first

Anonymous

Why do they make horse clop sounds when they walk?

Anonymous

I can watch the cutscenes and talk to every NPC and I still have no idea what dark souls is about and I’ve beat all 3

Anonymous

>and I still have no idea what dark souls
        This is why I make these threads. Ask away.
        I may take some time to answer since my lunch is over and I’m starting my night shift again, but I’ll answer as much as possible.
        Tomorrow I’m off so I’ll make another thread where I’ll be able to respond much more and much better.

Anonymous

The gods want the age of the gods to continue, even though this flies in the face of universal entropy. Nothing lasts forever, not even the magical flame that made the first gods into gods.
        It’s a question of continuing this artificial age of the flame gods or allowing it to die so that a new age of the dark (read: mankind) may begin.
        You can also see it as a conflict of order vs chaos, status quo vs change.
        The age of the dark is uncharted territory, and there are many cases of humans being overwhelmed by the darkness and becoming destructive abominations. But the age of fire is not perfect either. There is all kinds of corruption and injustice.
        Do you think the age of the gods is so shitty that literally anything else is better? Or is the chaos and uncertainty of darkness so frightening that you will prop up the current civilization, warts and all?

Anonymous

>The age of the dark is uncharted territory, and there are many cases of humans being overwhelmed by the darkness and becoming destructive abominations
          They don’t turn into abominations, they return to what they are. Humans in the Age of Fire are constrained, and bound, their Humanity wanting to break free. In the Age of Dark, Humans return to their natural state, unbound and free.

Anonymous

Fair point
            That is a more accurate summary of the dark in the DS context.
            Still, it speaks to the theme of humanity’s basic nature being bestial and destructive.
            Do we shed the trappings of civilization afforded to us by fire or do we go back to monke?

Anonymous

what sword is that on the cover art?
      Can I get it ingame?

Anonymous

which female is the most breedable, in your opinion. There is no wrong answer, but there is most certainly a correct one.

Anonymous

what’s the lore behind DS2 level design being so trash?

Anonymous

The LEVEL design varies from good to fantastic. It’s the WORLD design that is lacking.
        And the WORLD is lacking because the first director wanted to make a weird type of open world games, even the higher ups said "bruv wtf u doin’", fired him and called Tanimura to somehow make a game in a few months.

Anonymous

that is a pretty interesting answer that i was not expecting, nice

Anonymous

>whats the lore behind DS2 level design being so trash

Anonymous

Is lost sinner man or woman

Anonymous

always felt it was female for some reason but i dont know why

Anonymous

Woman. Pretty sure it’s refered to as a "she".
        She’s that age’s version of the witch of Izalith which is female

Anonymous

Man possessed by woman, guy u fight has a beard but is possessed by the bug in the cutscene (witch of izalith reincarnation)

Anonymous

Lost sinner is the bug

Anonymous

No, the bug is the witch/bed of chaos. She just possesses Lost Sinner right before you fight her

Anonymous

Why was there never a story as satisfying as artorius?

Anonymous

because it was both personal (we directly follow his steps into the Abyss, and the DLC with Sif), while also being a "mythical" figure in the lore. And then we’re given the fight to finally end his torment, because he was nothing more than a good man doing his duty til the end.

Anonymous

How so? What’s your definition of a "satisfying" story?

Tell me, o loremeister, did Gywndolin ever use a chastity cage?

Based on some comics I’ve seen, I’d say that yes.

Anonymous

>Based on some comics I’ve seen, I’d say that yes.
          wait, wat, for real?

Anonymous

I dunno, man. I always thoughts Artorias is overrated.
        Sure, he has a cool design and a tough-as-nails boss fight, but that’s not rare. What really sets him apart is how much other people talk about him or have ties to him — Sif, Ciaran, the Forest Hunters, etc. It gives him a sense of being larger-than-life even though he’s really just another thing to kill.
        How many bosses and enemies are examples of this once-great thing laid low by the ages? Artorias is not so unique.

Anonymous

Does she have a happy life eventually?

Anonymous

no and i kill her in every playthrough

Anonymous

Why? She’s cute and didn’t want to hurt you

Anonymous

abominations must be culled, anon.

Anonymous

Culled with hugs and mariage

Anonymous

Based

Anonymous

Based

Anonymous

Cute dumb dragon

Anonymous

Yes, with me

Anonymous

Tell me, o loremeister, did Gywndolin ever use a chastity cage?

Anonymous

Whats the deal with the dragon chick in ds3?

Anonymous

What is his endgame?

Anonymous

to wheel. but also….. to deal.

Anonymous

love me wheel, love me deal. simple as

Anonymous

He’s a big guy

Anonymous

4u

Anonymous

How does the dark souls 2 elevator work

Anonymous

It’s simply what your character remembers. In the intro cutscene you are told you forget shit, you even forgot how your wife and child look like because of the curse.
        Why is it sunny, you go through a tunnel and boom, it’s night, raining and there’s a big castle?
        Why are some locations close by, and yet in the map in Majula it’s a huge ass continent.

Sure they could have conveyed it much better, I agree, but lore wise, it’s simply what you remember from your journey. The boss, and a fucking castle sinking in lava, not the road inbetween

Anonymous

wow Im actually cool with this explanation

Anonymous

Why all three games use the same models for items with different item descriptions

Anonymous

why do only a few bonfires have keepers? Why do some bonfires need keepers and others don’t?

Anonymous

Why are the angels that appear in the Dreg Heap so different compared to the butterflies that appear at Lothric Castle? Are angels the final form of humanity and the dark much like the Four Kings and the Darklurker?

Seconding this question.

Anonymous

i have a tinfoil theory that has no real evidence to it at all, it would just fit in a really connective way

the mother of Gwyn’s children is Velka who became the goddess of sin after Gwyn made the cardinal sin of abusing and sacrificing his children

that’s why she is associated with heretical magic and creatures, that’s why she, through her agents, pushes the undead to subvert the gods

Anonymous

What’s the reletionship between the Covetous Demon in the Harvest Valley and the white one on the Ivory King DLC

Anonymous

If Gwyndolin was manipulating you to make you sacrifice yourself to continue the Age of Fire, why did he force you to fight through Anal Rodeo/have you kill Ornstein and Smough? Couldn’t he have just put the Lord Vessel at the Kiln of the First Flame and said to everyone "Go kill the Lords lmao" without having to bother with the entire first half of the game?

Anonymous

this puts the Gods in danger of the Vessel going missing and the Age of Dark coming naturally. Gwyndolin needed someone to willingly, almost fanatically, follow through on the plan to link the Flame, otherwise the Age of Dark would arrive.
        Remember, the MC HAS to intervene to continue the Age of Fire. The Age of dark will always arrive, with or without intervention.

Anonymous

What the hell is Solaire problem? Is he just some crazy dude who likes the sun

Anonymous

he’s gwyn’s son
        NEXT

Anonymous

He’s a crazy Bro who likes the sun

Anonymous

Solaire just drank the koolaid way too much on the whole "undead quest to save the world and link the fire" thing. He obsesses over the Sun as a symbol of the Age of Fire and what he’s fighting to save.

Anonymous

I like koolaid

Anonymous

Pleb

Anonymous

Remilia likes caprisun

Anonymous

>koolaid
          Its Sunny D scrub

Anonymous

I am searching for my sun too…
        Maybe the sun isn’t literally the sun, maybe is just an idea, something that fulfills your will to keep fighting and complete your own goals…

Anonymous

Yes, literally nothing else, dude loves the sun.

If Gwyndolin was manipulating you to make you sacrifice yourself to continue the Age of Fire, why did he force you to fight through Anal Rodeo/have you kill Ornstein and Smough? Couldn’t he have just put the Lord Vessel at the Kiln of the First Flame and said to everyone "Go kill the Lords lmao" without having to bother with the entire first half of the game?

>If Gwyndolin was manipulating you
        He’s not?
        >without having to bother with the entire first half of the game?
        Reaching Anor Londo proves you are strong enough to reach Anor Londo.
        Nobody knows your intentions.

Which Orstein was the real one?

The one in 2. Ornstein in 1 is an illusion

>?
        go away you’re not wanted here

The fuck are you talking about?

Anonymous

>The one in 2. Ornstein in 1 is an illusion
          Why is 2’s Ornstein such a weak bitch?

Anonymous

he odl

Anonymous

He’s not particularly weaker than Ornstein in 1 when alone without Smough. Same attacks and shit, just dark corrupted, and it’s not a mid game boss so he has less HP. Plus you already know the fight.

Anonymous

Probably because unlike the illusion, he is hollow.
            The bigger question is why is he using dark magic

Anonymous

>The bigger question is why is he using dark magic
              Short version, I’ll make a thread tomorrow when I’m not working so I’ll have time for longer answers.
              He’s corrupted by dark. Drangleic is in an age of dark. Gwynevere fled with Flann and founded Heide’s tower of flame. Ornstein most likely left his soul to Gwyndolin or someone when he went searching for the nameless king.
              One of the main themes of 2 is rebirth/reincarnation of souls and how they continue to excert an influance on the land after eons. It’s not a coincidence that he’s guarding a ruined cathedral where Gwynevere used to live.
              It’s not exactly Ornstein, it’s his soul if that makes sense.
              The "physical" ornstein left to find NK, and there 99.9999999999999999999999% chances he’s the stormdrake that fight with NK. I can provide arguments on that if you want.

Tomorrow we can talk about the exact nature of Drangleic, I have some juicy stuff that I feel like many people overlooked.

Anonymous

How did his shit end up in Archdragon’s peak?

Anonymous

Check my post above. He left his soul, and went to Archdragon peak. His soul is responsible for Ornstein in 2. But he himself reached Archdragon Peak, and most likely became the stormdrake. Notice how his armor is not in a chest, not on a corpse, it’s simply thrown to the side, discarded. Dragon transformation requires you to be naked. Also it’s found just below the arena, not a coincidence. Also the stormdrake has a very unique model, and most of all, when he dies, NK absorbs his power in the exact same way Ornstein absorbs Smough’s power in 1. Considering he left a good while before the events of Dark Souls 1, he must have been in AP for a really really long time.

Anonymous

Finding the sun is metaphor for having a goal in life, it’s not even subtle.

Anonymous

Which Orstein was the real one?

Anonymous

Why does killing hallowed named NPCs permanently remove them from the world, but the hallowed zombies you fight on a regular basis respawn with the bonfire?

Anonymous

Gameplay

Anonymous

pretty sure they’re not supposed to be the same zombies, they’re in the same spots and have the same weapons for sake of gameplay, but they’re supposed to be new zombies who hollowed while you were gone (same as how enemies respawn when you move too far away from where they died)

Anonymous

Do you remember her name? Most regrettably I have forgotten it.

Anonymous

If you’re a real loremaster then answer me this. How many types of magic are there?

Anonymous

What are your thoughts on news of elden ring shown so far, souls loremaster?

Anonymous

I just saw the trailer and that 10 seconds clip from yesterday.
        Based on the trailer I’m fucking hyped like you can’t believe. The jump looks fucking awkward as fuck in the leak, I’m assuming it was some early build or something. No way this is the end result, especially after Sekiro. I really liked BB and 3, and Elden OOO looks like DaS3 with horses and open world. It’s FROM so I doubt it will be the basic open world formula.
        We have to little info so far, but the trailer was nice even tho it’s obvious they recycled so much, from animations, to assets, to bosses, the Yhorm looking dude, the Smough looking dude, the Anor Irithyll looking cathedral.
        I’m too old to give a shit, I don’t play vidya anymore, it’s the only game I’m interested in, I just want kino bosses like Gael, Orphan, Maria, Friede, Gundyr, etc… They set the bar super high in terms of bosses with 3, dropped the ball hard in Sekiro, I hope they kept the good ideas for Elden O

Anonymous

>dropped the ball hard in Sekiro
          what
          Ape, genichiro, owl, corrupted monk were all more memorable than anything from 3

Anonymous

ROBERTOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Anonymous

Ape was cool, Isshin was cool, Genichiro was really dissapointing. Monk wasn’t bad, but come on, they don’t come close to Gael, Friede, Gundyr, Princes, Sully, Demon Prince, Midir. Be it the fight itself, the soundtracks, the lore, etc…

Anonymous

What about Invisible Monkey

Anonymous

Yeah I still go back and regularly listen to DSIII’s OST. Sword Saint Isshin’s track is really fucking dull. And I really don’t like his third phase.

Anonymous

I kinda liked his "How muh blood boils, face me, SEKIRO!", but it’s a huge step down from "Tonight, Gehrman joins the hunt" or "Aaah, is this the blood, the blood of the dark soul…"
                And yeah the soundtracks are really lacking in Sekiro.
                I listened to Gael’s soundtrack god knows how many times, or Vordt’s second phase that is on par with Tower Knight AH HA HA HA AH HA HA HA, or Watcher’s.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvkFSVGKYA0
                3:40, fuark I get chills every time
                If only das3 had a replay boss mode like Sekiro…

Anonymous

Ludwigs is the best

Anonymous

>Ahh, you were at my side, all along.
                    I was legit surprised when there was no moonlight greatsword in sekiro.

Anonymous

The soundtracks or the cutscene? Both are very good, but soundtrack wise I think it’s not as good as many of the scores in 3. "my true mentor, my guiding moonlight" is obviously great but I still have a soft spot for gehrman’s hunt and gael’s dark soul. I really liked the snail girl falling from the sky before the fight for some reason and the hunters in the blood river

Anonymous

Well aktschually I really love the how my blood boils bit. It’s just the music and phase 3 I find lacking.

Anonymous

I feel like phase 3 should have been more bombastic. Check Ongbal’s channel where he fight Isshin with the LMTSR mod, now THAT’s something fucking insane, Isshin in his prime.
                    There’s so much bombastic in Gael’s fight it’s overloading your sense, I really like that as a final fight. The airflips, the crossbow, lightning striking all over the place, the orchestra, his explosion of souls, the dude starts throwing boomerang of the gods, you go back to breathe for a second, THE ABSOLUTE FUCKING MADMAN INSTA TELEPORTS WITH SUMMON STONES WHAT THE FUCK then again airflips with his crossbow

Anonymous

Did Seath fuck Gwynevere

Anonymous

>White girl fucking animals
        Did miyagodzaki know the truth before we could know it?

Anonymous

How the fuck do I beat 4 Kings as a sl 5 sorcerer trying to make a twink build?
      I have all the soul arrow spells, upgraded armor sets, crest shield, and my girl beatrice to summon but I still keep getting rekt

Anonymous

who has best feet and why is it fried

Anonymous

Why is the Chosen Undead able to parry Gwyn?

Anonymous

where the black people at

Anonymous

What’s up with the winged knights in lothric castle?
      Did they support either of the serpents?
      What was their war about?

Anonymous

what is phalanx anyways?

Anonymous

Long bow Oolan maybe

Anonymous

What is the dark soul?

Anonymous

The human soul

Anonymous

What is Solaire’s sun?
      Why is he so obsessed with it?

Anonymous

How does invading and helping other players fit in the lore?

Anonymous

Solaire’s dialogue.
        Fissures in time, and with the stones you can bridge the gap and connect for a short while with the world of someone else.

Anonymous

Is Velka Gwyn’s former wife?

Anonymous

Impossible to know based on items unless I missed something. She’s a rogue deity.

Anonymous

Explain the profaned flame without sidelining the main problem in the Souls universe and resorting to fanfiction.

Anonymous

Again short version because I’m working and it’s 4:30am and I’m very sleepy and busy.
        For me, it’s related to the flame under Eleum Loyce. At this point I assume it’s agreed by everyone that the flame that Sully found under "a distant tundra of Irithyll", is the flame under Eleum Loyce. Who’s watching over the flame? Elsanna. Who is Elsanna? A shard of Manus.
        There is some fuckery going there, like fire mixed with dark, or maybe even abyss. The flame does not go out, which is not normal, all flames go out in souls games.
        Eleanora also tells you of the priestess related to a "certain Oracle", said oracle being Elsanna, the silent Oracle.
        There’s a lot of cut content with it, and I’m too sleepy to check all the item descriptions, but I feel like this is a good place to start.

Anonymous

Not him but the profaned flame is the last remnants of the chaos flame

Anonymous

So gaping + kalameet + seath dont have their own unique dragon soul, but midir, sinh, and memory ancient dragon do. Do dragons in ds2 and 3 have a transposable soul item just for gameplay reasons?
      Matter of fact seath has a soul in 2 even though he didnt in 1

Anonymous

Why do you hate dark souls 1 so much?

Anonymous

I don’t "hate" it, it’s obviously a fantastic game that I replayed multiple times, I just don’t like it as much as the sequels, BB, or even DeS which I played last.
        I feel like I wasn’t nearly as blown away by the shortcuts or the backtracking like some other anons, maybe because I’ve been playing vidya for over 26 years.
        I simply didn’t have nearly as much fun as with the other souls games. The one thing where DaS shines is its interconnected world, but when you think about it, this lasts for 1/3 of the game, before even Sen’s fortress, and all the rest are branching paths. I really fucking love upper burg tho, and Ariamis, the first 2 areas they designed, go figure.

Anonymous

Okay so in the ds series you travel back in time and the events/legends in the present are your doing
      >kill manus and artorius, save dog, and in present do will protect grave and remember u
      >kill giant lord and then last giant gets mad when he sees u
      >pick up ancient dragon soul so aldia gotta put giant soul in that bitch to move
      >get vendric to give u his cursebreaking monarch power so he becomes hollow
      >talk to old woman in dark firelink and she remember u in normal firelink
      Now onto the question
      How did the events of u fucking around in old iron kings memory affect the present?

Viewing 48 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.