There are souls fans out there who have never played dragons dogma, let that sink in.

Home Forums A haunted junk yard There are souls fans out there who have never played dragons dogma, let that sink in.

• This topic has 132 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 48 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

There are souls fans out there who have never played dragons dogma, let that sink in.

Anonymous

Why would souls fans care? This game is nothing like dark souls.

Anonymous

Oh yeah, it’s much better.

Anonymous

The cope of dragons dogma fags lmao. Your game is shit and only memed into beeing good

Anonymous

there’s also souls fans who have never played king’s field or shadow tower

Anonymous

Liking and defending souls is a legit Reddit tier.

Anonymous

t. newfag tourist

We used to have constant fight club and coop threads back in DaS heyday.

Anonymous

You don’t have to try that hard to fit in newfag.

Anonymous

It’a garbage

Anonymous

Thats ok. This is not a Souls like.

The Convergence mod for DaS3 turns it alot more action orientated which is worth trying if you like DD, things like faster stamina regen, more special attacks for weapons, more combat spells and faster combat in general is neat.

Anonymous

>faster stamina regen in DaS3

Fucking lol

Anonymous

Meant FP, or whatever its called. Meaning you can use weapon abilities and spells far more instead of having to go to a bonfire after using them a few times. It adds entirely new spell categories and weapons. Fights are like fucking anime because you can use the weapons special attacks so long as the bar refills. Its worth a try if you want something more action orientated.

Anonymous

Can’t you just play Nioh at that point?

Anonymous

Sure, DaS aesthetic is nice though.
              >no western game with Niohs stance system for different weapons and armours.
              Id like to see something like that instead of directional combat games for historical games.

Anonymous

not every game with swords is Dark Souls, zoomie. there are Dark Souls fans who don’t like Soul Calibur, can you fucking believe it

Anonymous

There are souls fans that have never played
      RIDGE RAAAACEEEEERR

Anonymous

You guys just keep telling yourselves that it’s nothing like souls. Someone post webms I lost all of them.

Anonymous

It’s nothing like Souls because the archery is actually fun.

Anonymous

Dragons Dogma is nothing like Dark Souls.
      It’s a tragic game though, too bad its content is stretched thin. It’s like a proof of concept for something potentially great that was never meant to be.

Anonymous

To be fair it’s trying to run on a playstation 3.

Anonymous

It running on ps3 is an accomplishment in itself.

Anonymous

Makes me wonder what they could do now with more modern hardware. Gransys feels like one region, and that there should be like 4 other maps to explore with more monsters to learn, and the pawns feels like they could use alot of work and more depth.

Anonymous

That was the original plan, also they had the idea of gigantic enemies that roamed the world, altering it.

Anonymous

I’m mainly talking about monster variety, well not even that, just having a larger roster of big guys to fight. Fuck, i’d be fine if they sacrificed the open world shit and had a series of well crafted dungeons on par with the shit under gran soren. Like i can’t really articulate just how awesome that shit was going in blind.

Anonymous

Everfall and BBI for the first time are experiences I wish I could have in more games. Kindof like the reveal in Bloodborne that there are Ayys, they kept that quiet until the games release and people played it, now its just common knowledge of the game, but it wasnt back then.

>we all missed out on ddo

What a shame, capcom.

SPeculation is that they cancelled DDO the same way they cancelled Monster Hunter Online, so they could release World and treat it as the "MMO" going forward, so they didnt have to support servers for a game that was pretty old and could focus on a new one. 🙁

Anonymous

Let’s hope you’re right. I just hope they continue with the tasteful greco-roman armor styles. That shit is catnip to me.

Anonymous

How was BBI a secret? It’s the main selling point of the expansion, retardbro

Anonymous

Pawns need the gambit system from FF12.

Anonymous

I would be fine with DD2 being a full version of DD1

Anonymous

You remind me of the map they had for it before they had to gut it.
        I hope they can fulfill their vision with DD2 it is coming, right?.

Anonymous

people who claim that DD is bad have objectively no taste in video games

Anonymous

…. And That’s A Good Thing! Here’s Why….

Anonymous

>we all missed out on ddo

What a shame, capcom.

Anonymous

I played it for a while, it wasn’t that hard to set up. It was great, but I genuinely thought that they would release here sooner or later and didn’t want to invest too much time in the Japanese version.

Anonymous

>MMO
        Im GLAD its dead and I’m GLAD nobody is able to play it anymore.

Anonymous

This. Fuck MMOs.

Anonymous

based

Anonymous

So? It’s garbage.
      So are souls games though.

Anonymous

Honestly can you even call yourself a Dark Souls fan if you haven’t played/finished Kings Field 4?

Anonymous

it’s a boring, uninspired shitty attempt at an rpg propped up by a flashy combat system. when people only ever talk about the combat in an rpg and never the characters/story/lore/atmosphere then you know something is severely wrong

Anonymous

Honestly this

Anonymous

I agree, Dark Souls is shitty and has no story.

Anonymous

people care about the lore and history of the souls games and all the intricacies and things, even if it’s mostly contrived. no one cares about the world of dragons dogma, just what 10 second spell animation is the coolest looking

Anonymous

There is no dialogue or story of any kind in dark souls. There are zero NPCs in the whole entire game and none of the item descriptions say anything except for what the items do and nothing about how they realte to the "world" around you. In conclusion, Dark Souls is shit and you are a gay guy that gets fucked by men.

Anonymous

>atmosphere
        Bullshit. Atomsphere was top.

Anonymous

Stop trying to create friction where there is none you faggot.

Anonymous

I bet you its niohschizo trying to change things up

Anonymous

rent free

Anonymous

Ironic since DD is the true SOUL.

Anonymous

At this point capcom is just taunting me personally.

Anonymous

Why would anyone use the Rathian armor? you know for any reason other than getting extra shit when gathering.

Anonymous

Not him but I used the vespoid and hi-metal(the fat one) armours across the whole series just because I like how they look. The game isnt so difficult that you need to worry about armour, its the weapon that matters most.
          >making a 5 minute fight last 3 minutes is the meta
          Eh. Its always been kindof sad that there are tons of neat looking armours in MH games and you will never use 90% of them.

Anonymous

I would have liked a way to get skills into specific armor sets, that way you don’t have too look like a clown if you want focus x3.

Anonymous

They should really just have cosmetic slots for armour at this point, it would be nice to play with people all using different looks and themes that make everyone distinctive and look how they like, instead of the same late game gear and clownsuits. Its really saddening to see nice designs go to waste, its always been a problem in the franchise and its strange theyve done nothing about it. They keep making more armours and people still use the same ones
              >Atk
              >crit
              >focus
              Im sure I missed one but unless it has these its considered worthless and not worth touching.

Anonymous

I know there’s a transmog mod but that’s about it, it is sad indeed.

Anonymous

started NG+ yesterday
      time to get my Mystic Knight pants on

Anonymous

/v/gaf is absolute buck-broken by souls games

Anonymous

I have but got bored because there’s too much walking
      Open world is never a good idea

Anonymous

Same, I tried walking to blighttown and I got bored.

Anonymous

but that takes 40 seconds

Anonymous

that’s too long for me, i have no attention span and it’s why i don’t play rpgs like dragon’s dildo or dildo souls

Anonymous

The Blighttown swamp is the only part of Dark Souls that’s comparable to Dragon’s Dogma, just one big plain with no level design in sight

Anonymous

soulsfans don’t like good games and just eat up whatever AAA shit comes out. why are you surprised?

Anonymous

It has everything I hate about RPGs plaguing a potential Goty
      >Mute custom made character with no actual dialogue system
      >Small sized towns
      >Gatekeeps basic moves like blocking and party per classes
      >Lots of several enemies every ten steps instead of big random encounters of mobs
      >Its gameplay is based entirely around combat, whenever it tried to do something different it’s always jank and poorly executed, see "chasing thieves" and "following stealthy npcs"
      >Board quests cringe
      >Romance is a forced meme but there’s no actual character interaction between Arisen and chosen beloved, and when you do multiple quests related to beloved it’s all haremshit cringe
      If you base your entire gameplay around the combat system the open world becomes a nuisance, DD would be good if it went with the Elden Ring route and worked as a literal open world Dark Souls

Anonymous

>Mute custom made character with no actual dialogue system
        Amen sister! Souls SUX!

Anonymous

lmao filtered

Not an argument

Anonymous

lmao filtered

Anonymous

holy shit ur retarded

Anonymous

>Small sized towns
        Based, don’t have to waste time running through 3,000 buildings I have no reason to interact with
        >Gameplay based entirely around combat
        I might actually play this game, thanks for the writeup

Anonymous

I’m so glad they ran out of budget halfway through, otherwise it would have been a shitty giant empty map like AAA games

Anonymous

>Gatekeeps basic moves like blocking and party per classes
        Why’s this a bad thing? It makes the classes less homogeneous.

Anonymous

>you can’t choose what stats go up and is dependent on class
      >in order to minmax Mystic Archer you need to level Sorcerer up to max

hopefully this is fixed in the sequel

Anonymous

>>in order to minmax Mystic Archer you need to level Sorcerer up to max
        This was disproven in a video. IIRC, it was 190 levels as sorcerer vs 190 as ranger (for the stamina) vs 190 as mystic archer, and they were all very close, like a 1-2 skill difference. But, you do you.

Anonymous

minmax means the literal best you donkey, doesnt matter if one is just "1-2 skill" less, its still not the best.

I’ve never not cheated with infinite sprint and inventory

might as well play on easy then

Anonymous

>doesnt matter if one is just "1-2 skill" less, its still not the best.
            I mean, if that’s fun for you, then go ahead and level 190 levels with a vocation you don’t even like. I just think you’re retarded when it’s such a minimal difference. Oh, and btw, sorcerer was the worst out of all 3.

Anonymous

i didnt and will never minmax in DD, but that anon said minmax and not one of the best.
              most classes work with whatever, you can level what you want because gear+buffs is much more important.

Anonymous

Oh I see, you’re just autistic. Nobody would bother arguing about a definition otherwise.

Anonymous

we are not arguing brainlet, try expressing yourself better or try learning to read so you dont shit up the board with your retarded opinions

Anonymous
                      Anonymous

Good job, you said a dumb thing and called all the guys laughing at you for it autists
                      You saved your anonymous dignity

Anonymous

The original poster said a dumb thing. Fact is, "minmax"ing as sorcerer for magic archer is not the way to go. But of course, you can’t argue about that, so you’re just trying to argue definitions.

Anonymous

No one should minmax in this game, because it’s not fun in the slightest
                        Doesn’t change the fact that you said

>>in order to minmax Mystic Archer you need to level Sorcerer up to max
                        This was disproven in a video. IIRC, it was 190 levels as sorcerer vs 190 as ranger (for the stamina) vs 190 as mystic archer, and they were all very close, like a 1-2 skill difference. But, you do you.

>>>in order to minmax Mystic Archer you need to level Sorcerer up to max
                        >This was disproven in a video
                        >like a 1-2 skill difference
                        And if you’re claiming that was not you, it makes no difference because you picked up his argument

Anonymous

The only real way to minmax that I know of is choosing strider, going to BBI early and glitch your way into one of the moon doors to get a late game bow.

Anonymous

What EXACTLY do you think that post means? Nowhere did I mention which was the best, just that they’re all very comparable, and that sorcerer isn’t not the way to minmax magic archer (magic archer is).

Anonymous

>that sorcerer isn’t not the way to minmax magic archer (magic archer is).
                        kek I see you got so angry at being laughed at you cannot form coherent sentences anymore
                        If someone tells you "this strategy is needed for minmax" it is quite literally not an argument to say "yes but this other strategy is slightly worse and also good"
                        Keep seehting

Anonymous

>If someone tells you "this strategy is needed for minmax" it is quite literally not an argument to say "yes but this other strategy is slightly worse and also good"
                        You conveniently keep ignoring me saying that sorcerer performs the worst out of all 3. So in reality, sorcerer is the strategy that is slightly worse and also good.

Anonymous

Oh so just straight-up lying now? Neat
                        We both know you made a mistake by accidentally thinking you could use "minmax" to colloquially mean "make a powerful character"
                        Not gonna have this entire discussion with you again. Keep seething and good night

Anonymous

>thinking you could use "minmax" to colloquially mean "make a powerful character"
                        Yeah, because that’s how everybody uses the word. But then you have literal autists like you who throw a fit when instead of doing 1001 damage, you only do 1000 damage. And I’m not lying, I’ve said it over and over, you just refuse to believe. But that’s fine, you’ll never truly be a truly minmaxed magic archer if you level as sorcerer. I know that’s painful for you, as autistic as you are.

Anonymous

You’re a retarded melanoid, you can’t say one leveling strategy is minmax because it’s "just slightly worse than the optimum"

Anonymous

I liked the game but it is pretty silly that you can use restoratives even while knocked down and shit

Anonymous

I’ve never not cheated with infinite sprint and inventory

Anonymous

How do you feel about having wasted 500 hours of your life?

Anonymous

Me but with Ganker instead of video games

Anonymous

It was always overrated, I have no idea why Ganker constantly creams themselves over this half-baked mediocre game

Anonymous

Soulsfans don’t even play video games, they just jack off to teasers for Elden Ring all day.
      >bros did you hear the Game of Thrones guy is teaming up with da Dark Souls guy? soooooo epic!!1!!!

Anonymous

Soulsfags don’t play video games

Anonymous

I like both games, but there is hardly any overlap outside of setting. The DLC for Dragon’s Dogma, however, is a love letter to Dark Souls, and it’s actually pretty fucking brilliant.

Anonymous

ive always heard its a great game but i never get more than 30 minutes into it

Anonymous
      Anonymous

>you like %good game%
      >hence you should also like %shit game%
      Fuck off melanoid

Anonymous

I did for 2hours
      I felt scammed, I still think it’s a meme done by Ganker
      It’s hard to believe people actually enjoyed this soulless crap

Anonymous

The game and combat really shine when dungeon crawling, it’s no surprise that the best part of the game is a huge interconnected dungeon, the base game is trash except for that one forest area.

Anonymous

Dragon Dogma filters all people who are zoomers
      By the mere fact that it gets good later down the road, similar to the old RPG’s, they start slow and then get better
      Imagine if we had more DLC like Bitterblack isle holy fuck, DD would be my favorite game
      Monster Hunter, DDogma, Nioh, Yakuza, holy shit boyos we just keep winning

Anonymous

>bro it gets good 50 hours in, filtered lol

Anonymous

Its unironically true, at the 20 hour limit it gets so fucking good and you won’t stop playing until you hit the 150 hour mark, and bbi will make you get obsessed

Anonymous

It’s true, game has a gear progression system very much like monster hunter, you start fighting the easy monster and is not until 30 hours in that you get to fight the big boys.

Anonymous

Vee is a Souls/From board, not a Crapcum/Dragon’s dogema board, chud.

Anonymous

Why does your game look so weird? Like the characters are on a different plane.

Anonymous

DD is one of the best games ever made. Vanilla was an absolutely incredible experience, I’ll never forget getting stranded up north over encumbered and out of healing items, desperately trying to make my way back to safe haven while all these crazy beasts are coming out of the woodwork. Shane they casualized it for normalfags but even the updated version for BB is one of the best games ever. Similar feeling to playing Demons or Dark Souls for the first time.

Anonymous

>bow girl
      >ashe
      Shameless LoL clone

Anonymous

Let it in Ganker

Anonymous

>plays dragons dogma
      >kinda fun
      >have to protect the slowest cart ever made
      >basically a tailing mission
      >uninstalled and requested a refund
      Ganker will die on this hill

Anonymous

>he was too stupid to kick the ox and heal the ox
        kekd

Anonymous

Die on what hill? Defending a game that you don’t like? We don’t really care what games you like you know

Anonymous

>getting filtered 10 minutes into the game
        KEK

Anonymous

in all seriousness does the game actually get good after this or am I getting baited like when people told me persona 4 gets good after the first 4 hours?

Anonymous

I started to like the game after the griffith fight

Anonymous

>He got filtered by persona
          Don’t even bother

Anonymous

Genuinely the Ox cart filters just about everyone and is one of the worst parts of the game.
          Note that if you don’t want to repeat this experience avoid any escorting notice board quests.
          Once you hit the capital the game improves significantly.

Anonymous

I hated it so much I wanted to drop it til I got to Gran Soren, after that it becomes a masterpiece

Anonymous

soulsfags just watch 45 minute “lore explained” videos, they don’t even actually play souls or any games for that matter

Anonymous

I kind of want to replay this game with all the DD2 rumors around but I still remember everything about the game, and I know I’ll waste another 40 hours grinding BBI for gear

Anonymous

Same here, I want to replay it but I’m not ready to spent all that time again.

Anonymous

There’s a part of me that wants to replay DD

But I dont think that feeling of EXPLORATION , especially at night, is really gonna be there anymore even if I barely remember shit from the game.

Also are there good coomer mods now?

Anonymous

Why would souls fans play anything other than souls?
      People who play both are called video game fans.

Anonymous

Retard

Anonymous

t. souls fan

Anonymous

The world would instantly become a better place if Americans realized they are allowed to like more than one thing.

Anonymous

Ganker would instantly become a better place if third worlders realized that not everything they don’t like is because of Americans.

Anonymous

>if you don’t agree with me you’re a 3rd worlder
          I rest my case.
          The NPCs literally can’t understand anything but 0 or 1.

Anonymous

Seethe

Anonymous

What a shit thread. It’s like saying "There are Metroid fans out there who have never played Battlefield 2142"

Viewing 48 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.