This shit should be banned from Steam

Home Forums A haunted junk yard This shit should be banned from Steam

• This topic has 73 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 28 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

This shit should be banned from Steam

Anonymous

Should be, isn’t going to be.

Anonymous

You people are retards.

but early access is bad

sorry you missed out on hidden gems like Ark Survival Evolved before the content bloat and balance changes fucked everything up. That game was 10/10 in early access. some of the most fun i ever had in an online game.

Anonymous

>job simulator
          play an actual game for once

Anonymous

PvP was fun

Anonymous

>That game was 10/10 in early access
          No it wasn’t, you fucking retard. It’s an MMO grindfest

Anonymous

Not him but I hosted a server with friends with all the rates turned up. Once you get rid of the tedium it’s an ok game to fuck around in with friends.

Anonymous

Just don’t fucking buy it retard

Anonymous

how to avoid early access: dont buy early access

You’re low iq. the sole fact that devs are allowed to try to sell unfinished games sets the bar so low for the video game industry in general. Why would devs ever finish a game when they can half ass it and sell an unfinished product

Anonymous

AAA devs have been doing the exact same for the past 10 years and it only gets worse each year because people can’t stop pre-ordering garbage.

Anonymous

>implying game on release is any better
            90% of EA games are same as "fully released games" that are only playable after 28 DLCs and bug fixes. It was same before with expansions. HOMM3 is GOAT and it was shit before the last expansion, random maps etc.

Anonymous

The difference is before early access devs faced a shitstorm if they released an unfinished game and it would be in the 25 cents bargain bin within a week. Now, thanks to early access it’s pretty much normalized it and there’s no incentive for them to put any effort in.

Anonymous

I’m not sure which is the chicken and which is the egg in this situation. It could be that AAA devs lowered people’s standards enough with their shitty DLC practices that people became willing to buy literally unfinished games. Although, I suspect both things sort of fed in to one another.

Anonymous

>pay for a game that’s NOT FUCKING FINISHED
          >get mad that IT’S NOT FUCKING FINISHED
          >"NOOOO YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND YOU’RE LOW IQ"
          at this point, anyone who pays for an early access game deserves to get their money stolen. learn some pattern recognition for fucks sake

Anonymous

Yeah, you are low iq. you are too stupid to understand the implications of early access being a thing in the first place.

Anonymous

Shut the fuck up, you dumbshit zoomer
              There was always a literal metric ton of shovelware dogshit released long before early access was even a thing

Anonymous

>unfinished products at full price
              You shouldn’t even buy properly finished games at these stupid prices.
              Use your god damned head.

Anonymous

I don’t. But other people do. And they fuck things up for everyone else as developers chase retard dollars.

Anonymous

It’s your fault for buying it, tard.

Anonymous

woah

/thread
        Sorry you’re a fucking moron OP

Anonymous

At least they put a big fucking warning on it now. But you can’t stop people spending money on stupid things. Grifters are as old as humanity.

Anonymous

woah

Anonymous

look at this post op

the fact that the early access tag exists is a good thing because that means it can be filtered out
        if there was no early access support the games would just be listed as any other game despite being unfinished

Anonymous

Early Access is the cunny of videogames.

Anonymous

but early access is bad

Anonymous

exactly

Anonymous

how to avoid early access: dont buy early access

Anonymous

Enjoyed Xenonauts and Bannerlord in EA, would buy it on their official site if it wasn’t on steam so it’s not like it would stop anything.

Anonymous

>7 Days to Die
      >Release Date 13 December 2013
      >Coming soon: Alpha 20!

Anonymous

If you bought 7 day to die early you will have played 19 different zombie games by now, that’s what makes it worth it

Anonymous

Blame Steam itself retard, they invented it.

Anonymous

Filter early access from your store view and it will be.

Anonymous

Why? Don’t like it, don’t buy it.

Anonymous

>check pirate site
      >see game
      >see early access tag
      >scroll past

Anonymous

>"pre-ordering" a download
      >buying early access, unfinished products
      >buying DLC, cut content
      >perpetuating these awful practices year after year, then wondering why the industry fucking stinks
      Unthinking brainlets ruin everything yet again

Anonymous

Or you could simply choose to not buy them.

Anonymous

>free market bad
      Commie i swear

Anonymous

>AAAAAGH HELP ME STEAM MODERATORS I’M GONNA BUUUYYYYY SAVE ME FROM MYSELF

Anonymous

What should be banned from steam is people who make early access games and treat them like kick starters. If you don’t have the means to finish your game then get off of steam.

Anonymous

Early Access has been good for certain games, namely the ones made by developers who just don’t have the money for proper testing and who intend to make a niche game without any pretensions about it.

Anonymous

There’s only one early access game I’ve seen/played that I thought is still worth my time and that’s Squad and it was practically feature complete long before 1.0 game out and it has continually gotten worse since 1.0

Anonymous

I bet you preorder AAA trash as well. If you can’t look at a game’s progress and immediately tell if the devs are serious or not you deserve to have your money stolen. I have only ever purchased one Early Access game and it turned out great because there was already a huge chunk of gameplay available. What it does in the right dev’s hands is allow them to dedicate more resources and/or time to their game and make it better. Bottom line though is that you don’t have to buy it before it is out.

Anonymous

early access should have deadlines set by the developers themselves, if they are not met people will be able to refund. Some ea games turned out great but there are a lot of scams

Anonymous

there’s a steam warning that literally says "This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further" don’t buy it if you want a complete game

Anonymous

why should developers be allowed to scam people?

Anonymous

it’s not a scam. you’re told exactly what you’re getting into. are you retarded?

Anonymous

they abuse the goodwill of buyers that put trust in the product. Sounds like a scam to me. The notice is there so valve can wash their hands clean

Anonymous

the notice is there so you understand that you are not buying a guarantee of anything. if you want a complete game, buy a complete game. If you want to support an interesting game as it develops, buy EA.

Anonymous

the reason EA exists is to give give devs funds to produce a game. When people invest into EA project they expect a finished product eventually, its not a donation. This cucked attitude of thinking that you are not entitled to a product you pay for is exactly why there are so many scams on steam and kickstarter. And the reason steam doesnt do anything about this is because its easier for them to not do anything and just shift the blame onto the consumer

Anonymous

>product is advertised as is with no guarantee of further development
                    >product has an explicit warning label describing the situation as such
                    >a retard buys in anyway and is surprised when he gets a product as is and doesn’t develop any further
                    don’t fucking buy early access if you don’t want to get burned on a gamble. retards always find a way to lose their money and act like it was someone else’s fault

Anonymous

you are defending a crooked system just because its already in place. Im arguing that the system is anti consumer and unethical
                      I bet you are the kind of faggot that screeched about commies or some shit when steam was legally forced to implement refunds. Fucking ancap corpo cuckolds

Anonymous

I’m not defending anything you fucking moron. I understand what is being offered and choose whether or not I want to partake on a case by case basis. I read reviews on games in EA and see if they get updated regularly and on the rare chance I get burned, I leave a review saying so.
                        I’m also an adult with disposable income so it’s not really a big deal if I lose $20 because a game died in EA after I put a couple dozen hours in. if it bothers you so much, pirate EA games. I don’t fucking care.

Anonymous

>he actually buys early access games
                        No wonder your panties are in a bind. You just don’t like people pointing out the obvious fact that your own behavior is encouraging developers to make worse games.

Anonymous

so you literally have no opinion on the matter and just wanted intellectually masturbate yourself that you didnt get burned by ea scams? Boy you are pathetic

>pirate EA games
                        already do

Anonymous

>so you literally have no opinion on the matter and just wanted intellectually masturbate yourself that you didnt get burned by ea scams? Boy you are pathetic
                        >buzzwords
                        >strawman
                        >ESL tier reading comprehension

the option to opt into early access is better than it not being there at all. I’m an adult capable of critical thinking so I can decide for myself whether or not I want to give my money to someone for a video game. how do all you pissbabies function in day to day life?

I don’t know why I’m having a discussion with someone that’ll buy an early access game for $12, put a hundred hours into it and then cry like they were scammed because the developers don’t update the game every week.

Anonymous

>screeches about strawman then uses one himself

>I’m an adult capable of critical thinking so I can decide for myself whether or not I want to give my money to someone for a video game. how do all you pissbabies function in day to day life?
                        holy cringe
                        did you tip your fedora after writing this?

Anonymous

Literally every single person that is even familiar with the concept of early access, let alone uses it, thinks of it as buying in early to something that the developers intend to finish and will make a good faith effort to do so. In fact, that’s even in the name itself. "Early access" makes it pretty fucking clear that there is supposed to be more to come. So no, it isn’t advertised as being sold as is. In order for that to be the case it would, at the very least, need to be renamed.

Anonymous

you can screech and cry all you want but there’s a big blue warning label on every single early access game telling you exactly what to expect from the program. it’s no one’s fault but your own for not reading and acknowledging it before you buy. it’s not even hidden fine print.

Anonymous

>have a stated hatred of early access on principle
                        >retard consumer still can’t grasp that you don’t use it
                        I guess I have to make it explicitly clear. I have never bought and will never buy an early access game. And I’m pretty sure the same is true for the other guy in here also pooping on early access.

Anonymous

some of my all time favorite games were successful early access titles. some are still in development. you can’t throw out the whole system because there are a couple shitty games that make it through

Anonymous

Agreed. And like anything, early access or not, you have to be pragmatic before you buy. What do current reviews say? What are current threads on the forums saying? How often are the developers putting out updates? How many are on the development team and what’s their track history like? What kind of game is it and is it fitting for the team size? How much money is the game? What do you specifically want out of the game? I ask these questions before buying any game, because otherwise I’d deserve to lose my money for being an impulsive buyer.

Anonymous

I would 100% agree on principle but one of my favorite games, factorio, went through early access on steam. so I guess, like anything else, there’s some good and some bad. just use your brain instead, don’t buy early access games unless you do your research and are sure you’re getting the value for your money.

Anonymous

OP here
      I think we should ban cocks because I can’t stop sucking them

Anonymous

I am a developer with an early-access title on steam. But it’s not marked as such. Lmao
      It’s free though

Anonymous

I supported factorio,starsector, prison architect, space engineers,dyson sphere program, empyrion, and rimworld. The trick is to try before you buy to make sure that you like the current version of the game enough to buy it. I ended up putting hundreds of hours into these over the years.

If you pirate an EA game and it’s shit don’t fucking buy it. Beware of any EA over $30

Anonymous

you can’t just make informed decisions on your pruchases anon.

Anonymous

There should clear and strict rules for EA games. Stuff like the devs have to give an actual release date and release content when they put the game on EA, and if the devs then fail to meet those goals everyone can just refund the game.

Anonymous

You can refund whenever you want.

Anonymous

OP should be banned for being idiot melanoid that can’t read

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.