Home Forums A haunted junk yard Unpopular Video Game Opinions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 170 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous

is coffee good for you?

Anonymous

It raises your blood pressure but helps with your cholesterol.

Anonymous

Coffee doesn’t raise blood pressure. It depletes your blood of sodium, the lack of which actually causes high blood pressure, despite the gay propaganda for decades convincing you salt is bad. Also cholesterol is good for you and you should have more of it. Eat some eggs with lots of salt on them. Unlearn all the junk health guidelines that have been beat into your head. People are sick and fat because of carbs and canola oil, not salt and cholesterol

Anonymous

>It depletes your blood of sodium, the lack of which actually causes high blood pressure
            so yes, it raises blood pressure.

Anonymous

No. Retards who watch their salt intake and are chronically deficient in salt drink coffee and have bad symptoms because they’re deficient in salt

Anonymous

you sound salty yourself

Anonymous

give me some proofs on that salt claim

Anonymous

https://youtu.be/RV3o0VWfHuQ
              Start there and keep going in whichever direction keywords like "salt good" take you

Anonymous

>youtube doctor
                still falling for snake oil stuff, huh?

Anonymous

>Guy on youtube isn’t sufficiently accredited to my liking and therefore is a snake oil salesman without solid recommendations for my fat ass to follow
                  You’re a lazy pig and will suffer for your bad decisions

Anonymous

>believes in random youtube doctor because he says things I like and that’s the entire basis of my defense

Anonymous

Hmm yes perfect representation of my posts

Anonymous

doctors are hacks, faggot. post an actual academic paper

Anonymous

I don’t go crazy on salt, but will enjoy one or two of those bagged ramen a week to keep me from feeling like I’m missing it. Salt helps everything work in the body.

Anonymous

>People are sick and fat because of carbs and canola oil, not salt and cholesterol
            well yeah, salt and more so cholesterol doesn’t make you fat. It just clogs up your arteries.

Anonymous

It doesn’t do that either. Another junk health maxim that people just repeat as a piece of gospel. Neither cholesterol nor salt clog blood vessels

Anonymous

ok, have fun with that reevaluation when you’re knocked on your face

Anonymous

Cholesterol only clogs your arteries if you are inactive. Cholesterol is vital for muscle growth.

Anonymous

>tfw put tons of salt on practically everything I eat if it tastes bland
            It’s over for me, isn’t it anons.

Anonymous

Buff: increased alretness, tiredness debuff negated
        Debuff: muscle jitterniess, poop countdown timer decreased to 10 minutes after first cup.

Anonymous

-10 hp

Anonymous

Yes

Anonymous

Black people should be in more video games and not as some side character

Anonymous

All videos games after pong are OBJECTIVELY dog shit and no pong is not the first game just the best.

Anonymous

Rethink your comedy

Anonymous

I like video games.

Anonymous

Me too.

Anonymous

Elden Ring sucks

Anonymous

There is no skill required to play a turn-based RPG.

Anonymous

There is, if you consider basic calculus a skill.

Anonymous

I can agree with this one, though I still like them
        Getting one shot? Grind
        Status affected? Cure or gain immunity
        Not enough damage? Crits, magic, multipliers
        Enemy is immune to you? Not to another party member

Since turn based is usually based on counters, it comes down to basic problem solving. Hammer meet nail

Anonymous

>it comes down to basic problem solving. Hammer meet nail
          >Getting one shot? Grind
          You’re suggesting nailing in a bolt

Anonymous

Genshin Impact isn’t going to "raise mobile gaming standards", it’s going to stagnate it into the ground because every company will try to chase it into ad nauseum.

True.
        But my take is that modern Action RPG’s are way too fucking easy and baby you too much to the point they become as skilless as turn based RPG’s.

Anonymous

I agree only because of history:
          >Blizzard dominates the MMO subscription industry
          They stagnate hard so much until XIV happens. And now XIV stagnate because there is no competition.
          >Nexon dominated the F2P MMO industry
          They dragged it to the ground by just not bothering to care about quality. They keep releasing projects left and right without even the drive to really go at it like Maplestory 2 or Vindictus. Doesn’t help that everyone just wants to stick to Maplestory.
          So many people tried to one up DnF by updating the graphics or adding more friendlier gameplay mechanics but nobody cared. China and Korea still played Dungeon and Fighters Online to the point every other competitor is dead.
          >FGO and Granblue releases in 2014-2015
          >PAD releases in 2013
          Competition all dies because everybody just wants to play the old games. And the Japanese developers pull their hair our because nobody is interested in their new games.
          >Genshin releases
          Out of other Chinese gachas, only Genshin managed to have a level of monetary success that makes it stand out across the world.
          And its been a year now with nothing else from Chinese developers. Girls Frontline 2 has uneasy tensions over mixed gacha, Aether Gazer/Punishing Gray Raven still butt heads with Honkai Impact 3 and there still isn’t any plans to move outside of the gacha monetization model.
          >tl;dr
          It’s just going to be a repeat of history with the claims that Gacha’s are just the next F2P MMORPG’s being true.

Anonymous

Rather or not you can have fun with a game isn’t and frankly shouldn’t be locked behind rather it’s hard or takes a lot of skill to play. It’s such a weird modern take that games can only be good if it’s ball breaking hard or something. I get that it’s pushback from movie games but there’s a ton of great games out there that are also pretty easy in almost every genre.

Anonymous

Fates is the second best in the series only behind Radiant Dawn. Saying the story drags down the quality of a game just makes you a retarded dumbfuck who doesn’t actually play the games

Anonymous

There are probably a grand total of only 2 good Nintendo games out of all they’ve ever made. Everything else is utter trash.

Anonymous

Uhhhhhhhhhhh no

When it comes to the quest marker debate, both sides are unironically stupid. Skyrimfags are wrong for trying to deny that it’s cool to find your destination by using clues in-game, but at the same time, Morrowindfags massively over-exaggerate the significance of quest markers. They treat them as if their mere existence single-handedly ruined the series even though that’s nowhere close to being the case (and even if it was, they’d still be dumb since they constantly single out Skyrim for having them even though Oblivion was the one that introduced them).
        Speaking of Oblivion, it’s the worst 3-D Elder Scrolls game. It’s worse than Skyrim mechanics wise (it only manages to be slighty better than Morrowind in that aspect is because it got rid of the diceroll combat) and it has worse worldbuilding than both Morrowind and Skyrim (apart from the Shivering Isles, that was cool).

I can understand the quest markers somewhat making it too easy. I actually agree Oblivion’s actual world is not really all that great, but the quests are what make it so fun.

Anonymous

Saying things you like about a video game holds just as much legitimacy as saying things you don’t like about a video game and pooping on a game doesn’t make you an intellectual

Anonymous

There’s absolutely nothing special about Elden Ring

Anonymous

this, I decided to wait until it is $10 or less in 5 or so years because it looks like a carbon copy of Dark Souls 3

Anonymous

I looked forward to it because of sekiro. Then friends got it and let me watch them play. Glad I didn’t spend the money. That and all clips of it I see here are dark, brown, black, unfun looking messes

Anonymous

It’s bizarre that this opinion should be regarded as unpopular when Elden Ring is glaringly trash.

Anonymous

I have a pathological hatred for Prey (2017) because of that retarded plot-twist at the end

Anonymous

I have a hatred for prey (2017) because it’s not prey (2006)

Anonymous

I also loved Prey (2006) but I’m willing to admit that 2017 has fun gameplay and a great atmosphere at times but outside of that everything else is shit, I don’t think I ever disliked a game this much just for the story

Anonymous

I DON’T LIKE XENOBLADE

Anonymous

I like turn based rpgs

Anonymous

turn based rpgs are better than "action" rpgs

Anonymous

How so?

Anonymous

I love DMC2.

Anonymous

fallout 76 is a very, very soulful game wrapped in a ultra anti-consumer package

Anonymous

>very, very soulful game
        >ultra anti-consumer

Anonymous

its obvious that guys at the management level want this game to bring in monthly cash, but game’s writing, world and score are kino
          it has technical hiccups and designed around mobile game concepts such as "forcing" you to log in everyday but taking a stroll down a road and playing the game feels very nice

Anonymous

Unironically true
        I hate the atomic shop with all my soul, but holy fuck is the game a ton of fun
        I especially love all the events where the whole server gets together

Anonymous

Shhh you can’t say FO76 is good. It’ll bring in the rabid antibethesda shills still complaining about "no NPCs" and "nylon duffle bags"

Anonymous

was about to post something similar. 76 atmosphere was so kino pre-wastelands update, literally the road.

Anonymous

Adding a minority character to your game isn’t some form of virtue signaling inherently but alot of people on this site are racists or have set in stone political beliefs so seeing a minority in a game will always be a confirmation of developers being woke regardless of what the context or inclusion of that character is. Additionally, western devs don’t really know how to make good minority characters and they’ll always end up being JUST a cardboard cutout of what they think a positive version of that person looks like and not a something like a mercenary who happens to be black/gay/whateverthefuck

Anonymous

The problem is that it’s extremely difficult to know which developers are being honest and which ones are virtue signaling for brownie points. The other half of the problem is that this board can’t into subtlety either. I think the narrative of The Last of Us 2 sucked. But you can never accuse Neil Druckman of being dishonest in what he wanted to do. Because even when everyone was pooping on him from all directions he stuck to his guns. Meaning even man face Abby or lesbian Ellie holds just as much narrative legitimacy as a pole dancing Bayonetta in a g-string. Only Ganker can only fap to one of those so one gets hated while the other is praised.

For that matter I think this board doesn’t really care about the quality of most games. They just want a re-run of TORtanic every year. If a game makes the normies seethe then it’s good regardless of actual quality.

Anonymous

>leftie
        >words words words words words words words words
        Why can’t you fucks ever be brief? For example: I hate diverse folk. You could have said “I am a faggot” and still got the same point across as your post

Anonymous

honestly anyone who describes things as woke should just be gassed. it takes actual brain rot to get to that point

Anonymous

hi moviebob

Anonymous

>Adding a minority character to your game isn’t some form of virtue signaling inherently but alot of people on this site are racists or have set in stone political beliefs so seeing a minority in a game will always be a confirmation of developers being woke regardless of what the context or inclusion of that character is
        Give an Example or fuck off.

Anonymous

Just incel neckbeard things. Their kind get so angry when they got get to see the same blank none interesting white man with no personality be the protagonist Over and over again. Or if they’re gay. These kids are the same kind that bitch and cry when they see a rainbow in their cool tactical fps.

Anonymous

More well written black characters that aren’t just surface superficial level tokenism. More hot crossdressing or tranny characters with defined bulges that can be bullied. More original titles that aren’t just using the skin of a established IP. Marrying Erica Lendbeck and or Christina Vee please

Anonymous

You should leave your kids alone with combat themed vidya.

Anonymous

mario galaxy 1 is the worst mario game

Anonymous

THANK YOU

Anonymous

Maybe not the worst but it is a really bad one in my opinion. The only thing it has going for it is polish, the worlds are unimaginative and the gameplay itself is so mind-numbingly easy it’s insane. The reason it got good reviews at the time was because everyone was on the Wii hypetrain and the game looks very impressive at first sight with its space theme. Journalists also like easy games and usually put polish above everything else.

Anonymous

From software games are trash and are actively making the industry worse.

Anonymous

When it comes to the quest marker debate, both sides are unironically stupid. Skyrimfags are wrong for trying to deny that it’s cool to find your destination by using clues in-game, but at the same time, Morrowindfags massively over-exaggerate the significance of quest markers. They treat them as if their mere existence single-handedly ruined the series even though that’s nowhere close to being the case (and even if it was, they’d still be dumb since they constantly single out Skyrim for having them even though Oblivion was the one that introduced them).
      Speaking of Oblivion, it’s the worst 3-D Elder Scrolls game. It’s worse than Skyrim mechanics wise (it only manages to be slighty better than Morrowind in that aspect is because it got rid of the diceroll combat) and it has worse worldbuilding than both Morrowind and Skyrim (apart from the Shivering Isles, that was cool).

Anonymous

There is no such thing as a good western game after 2009.

Anonymous

FFXIV is good

Anonymous

Videogames are to be enjoyed with others, otherwise it is escapism. My sister helped me realize that. Just bought Monster Hunter World to play together

Anonymous

>thinking you’re not still wasting your life away just because you’re doing it with someone else

fucking kek get a job

Anonymous

How do you think I got money for videogames?

Anonymous

work harder

Anonymous

>get a job
          wrong answer, wagie—become an entrepreneur or you’re better off being a NEET

Anonymous

Multiplayer games are shit designed to exploit your dopamine receptors.

Anonymous

Wario Land II is better than Wario Land 3.

Anonymous

agreed, everyone keeps saying 3 is just as good as the others, but the immortality angle and exploration is fucking boring, it was also my first Wario Land so I didn’t want 4 as a kid. Thankfully grandma wasn’t good at following gift ideas and got me it anyways, it was fucking great

Anonymous

Wario Land II also is heavy on exploration and has immortality

Anonymous

oops I’m retarded, I went back to play Wario Land on VB and kept remembering that as WL2

Anonymous

understandable, honestly they should have not skipped the numbering on that one

Anonymous

The Great Ace Attorney 1 is the worst Ace Attorney game.

Anonymous

Super Mario Odyssey was not a good game. In fact it was a monumental disappointmet for any self-respecting hardcore Mario fan. All criticism of this game gets handwaved away because of consoomer culture built up over the years by secondaries and manchildren.

Anonymous

The trailer for it was BRUTAL, I was like I can’t believe this, this has to be the ultimate mario game.
        Then I actually played the damn thing and holy kek It’s Super Banjo Odyssey, just like keep walking and mhhh yeah. walk.
        The levels are kinda big but I don’t feel any sense of exploration or wonder. It’s just galaxy but bigger and easier.

Anonymous

Exactly, my thoughts also. It’s a fake 3D Mario game, they made this big deal about how it was a return to sandbox Mario and published an official graph for it stating as such, yet it barely follows any tenets of 64 or Sunshine design. It’s like they just got a bunch of newfag devs from 3D World and told them to make a fascimile copy of what they thought those older sandbox Mario games were like, without truly understanding anything about them.

Anonymous

>Assassin’s Creed 1 is the best AC
      >FFVIII is the best FF
      >Weapon durability is a good mechanic
      >Soulsborne games are pure mediocrity and the only reason they ever became popular was because they came out at the height of the CoD craze
      >Fallout 3 is genuinely one of the best WRPGs ever made and makes New Vegas look like an embarrassment in comparison
      >GTA San Andreas was the worst game of the 3D GTA era and nowhere near close to a perfect game
      >There’s absolutely nothing wrong with a game being repetitive
      >I like most David Cage games

Anonymous

Viewtiful Joe sucked

Mario Sunshine sucked and solidified Nintendo as a babby console despite some gems

Psychonauts sucked and Brutal Legend is infinitely better and deserved a sequel

Outer Wilds sucked. Outer Planets or whatever also sucked, but that’s not an unpopular opinion

Predator sucked

Anonymous

>Nintendo as a babby console
        the GC in general did a good job of that with the goofy lunchbox build and the hasbro looking controller, really is an interesting subject, the start of Ninty having a babby image started with the Mortal Kombat censorship turning blood to sweat, N64 oddly enough didn’t seem as babby with games like Goldeneye and Turok being prominent, obviously still look kiddie next to PSOne having Resident Evil and such but GC REALLY gave Nintendo a kiddie image and the Wii really didn’t help

Anonymous

NFT’s in video games could be actually fun

Anonymous

The action games genre while fun is not the best genre to show the best potential of video games. but sadly a lot of action fans cannot appreciate and continue to demand constant fast paced gameplay all the time.

Anonymous

modern open world games are trash, exploring big areas for loot is just as boring as grinding experience by killing enemies

Anonymous

there has never been a good sonic game

Anonymous

there’s nothing wrong with spending money in a video game if you enjoy it, people who seethe about others spending money are jealous/poorfags

Anonymous

I suppose there isn’t although it brings a lot of frustration when you see a lot of blatant anti-consumer practices being rewarded by people who literally don’t know better. I’ve argued with people who believed that DLC is perfectly fine because they’d never lived in a time where cheat codes or extra content or unlockables were thing that were pre built into each game

Anonymous

>Thief 4 isn’t that bad. It’s just a Dishonored clone with some issues, but not the worst thing ever.
      >I liked the combat in the Witcher
      >mgs2 got bad after the second part of the game
      >alot of fangames are better than the original works.
      >Slippy Toad is a charming character
      >Just because a game has piss easy gameplay doesn’t make it a bad game overall same goes for very hard ones
      >FF8 is one of my favorite games fight me

Anonymous

>Thief 4 isn’t that bad. It’s just a Dishonored clone with some issues, but not the worst thing ever.

I agree with this. It’s a very flawed game and doesn’t hold a candle to the earlier games, but it’s hardly an abomination. Hitman Absolution is a much worse stealth game.

Anonymous

Japanese games are overrated.

Anonymous

There is nothing wrong with rolling in videogames.

Anonymous

>be 6ft or above
        Ftfy, guaranteed prime pussy wherever you go

Anonymous

They didn’t get pussy
        >that’s the joke
        I get it

Anonymous

based mental patient

Anonymous

Mobile could have been the future of gaming for many genres that are compatible control-wise and early dismissal of its potential by more hardcore elements of the gaming community destroyed this potential forever, in a self-fufilling prophecy.

Anonymous

Mobile gaming could be kino if people didn’t mind paying more money for the games. The reason most mobile games are shit is because most people are only willing to pay a few dollars max for a game. This means the game needs to filled with micro transactions that ruin the game, the devs need to make up the money somehow.

Anonymous

UNDERTALE AND DELTARUNE ARE OVERRATED

Anonymous

Multiplyer games are worse when zoomers are on voice chat

Anonymous

Unpopular opinion threads are a way for people to feel unique for saying safe and common opinions.

Anonymous

Oops you accidentally stumbled into the unpopular opinion thread, not the blatantly retarded thread. Please leave.

Anonymous

X>9>I>>>>I2>>>shit>>11

Anonymous

Isn’t 11 universally hated? Or at least not like as much as 10?

Anonymous

Any time the subject is brought up here, it’s met with pictures of Sindel and Kitana/Mileena’s creepy uncanny valley faces, as if it somehow makes the game any better despite its retarded campaign and complete waste of bonus characters.

Anonymous

I dont care about lore. Videogames are about presentation and gameplay, not superfluous background details.

Anonymous

I don’t enjoy Mario 3 or Mario World
      And I think All-stars has a really weird vibe to it. Like a chinese bootleg vibe or something. And I grew up with it. Played it cause I was poor and that was the only game I had not cause I loved the slippery gameplay. I was more of a Megaman X kid back then. I still love it. That’s how good it is

Anonymous

>I don’t enjoy Mario 3 or Mario World

this one shocked me

Anonymous

I’d rather have MN9 2 than any new Mega Man game.

Anonymous

If you didn’t play the game while high then you didn’t play it

Anonymous

no minorities in video games unless they’re hot women.

Anonymous

I think the shotgun in FEAR is absolute shit
      When you fire it in slowmotion it looks like you’re firing needles
      It’s ugly and feels awful

Anonymous

More. Brown. Girls.

Anonymous

DmC is better than DMC4
      FFXIII is one of the best games in the series
      XIII-2 IS the best game in the series
      Banjo Tooie is better than Kazooie

Anonymous

>FFXIII is one of the best games in the series
        Agreed
        >XIII-2 IS the best game in the series
        If you said "worst" I would agree with you. How can you like both games when part 2 retconned part 1’s ending, changed the characters personalities/motives, and MASSIVELY downgraded the music?

Anonymous

Agreed. DmC is sooo fucking funny. And the graphics are not bad at all. It’s gorgeous . DMC4 is just eh, good enough. but unremarkable
        Tooie is better yeah
        Haven’t played 13 yet. but I’ll probably enjoy it for what it is now. like how I enjoy X more than I did when it released.

Anonymous

>DmC is better than DMC4
        I don’t completely agree, but I still agree that DMC4 is really fucking lame.

Anonymous

XIII-2 was so bad it made me appreciate XIII more.

Anonymous

Resident Evil 5 is a great game even when playing solo.

Anonymous

Brood War will forever be the best eSport.
      It’s even better than StarCraft 2.

Anonymous

legend of heroes is nothing without rean

Anonymous

Visual novels never have, and never will be good games on a objective level. They shouldn’t even be really called video games if we’re being honest.
      Turn-based combat is perfectly fine.
      Final Fantasy III is the best of the Famicom trilogy.
      Fighting games need to focus on having good singleplayer rather than trying to catch eSports bucks. Also, making some of them F2P is a good idea.

Anonymous

Nintendo doesn’t get enough criticism for holding back handhelds for as long as they did.

Anonymous

Sex appeal and booba ruins gaming and I am glad its being censored. But I still am against uglifing and stopping to design attractive characters.

Anonymous

Wanna play Senran Kagura, then play Senran Kagura. Wanna experience a pretentious wankery of a story. then read a book and let me have big assed girls on my jrpg party.
        I’m sure you like HxH, so go read that trash and leave my video games alone.

Anonymous

What a cope! Eat shit coomer, seethe and die mad about "muh vidya!!!!"

Anonymous

Wanna jerk off to big assed girls then watch porn or hentai, go cum to that trash and leave my videogames alone

Anonymous

Video games are a power fantasy hobby for BOYS
            BOYS
            Girls never fucking cared about that shit until uh oh! I have to get muh patreon money!!!!
            It’s like you don’t see me playing with Barbies or watching your Nick shows don’t you? Those are your thing
            Video games are MY THING, and I like… GIRLS WITH BOOBS, GIRLS, SEX APPEAL.
            Why? cause I am a fucking boy. That’s completely natural and normal. Don’t like it? fuck off my hobby

Anonymous

nfs undercover and yakuza 3 have the best osts of their respective franchise
      dead rising 3 is the best dead rising game

Anonymous

honestly all the yakuza games i think were great, i can’t pick a least favourite

Anonymous

Games should have remained an all-male hobby, women should have never been allowed, represented or even depicted or mentioned in any way shape or form in vidya

Anonymous

Final Fantasy VI is half shit, from the moment you get espers to Kefka destroying the world is 10/10, everything before and after is a hard 5/10

Anonymous

Fallout 76 is fun and youtubers profited off saying it wasnt

Anonymous

I genuinely think that only females should write male characters, and men should write female characters

Anonymous

I HATE diverse folk!!!

Anonymous

That’s not an unpopular opinion.

Anonymous

Video games are only for faggots, children and women. If you play video games after the age of 15 and are male, you need to immediately be re-educated or exterminated

Anonymous

There is nothing wrong with playing video games on GNU/Linux. Indeed, while it may not be as "easy" as playing games on Windows, it is immeasurably more based.

Anonymous

Sonic Cd was pretty mediocre
      Final Fantasy 1 is the best in the series

Anonymous

Western RPG writing>>>>>>>>>>> JRPG writing

Anonymous

Lightning Returns is an interesting game

Anonymous

Dark souls 3 is the worst fromsoftware game.
      Tekken is based and street fighter is for faggots.
      puzzle games must return to needing pen and paper to beat them, it’s satisfying to take notes.
      VR is the natural successor to motion controls and is fantastic; it isn’t a successor to flatscreen gaming but is great alongside it
      Tony Hawk games sucked compared to Skate, and you should skate IRL if you’re gonna play skating games.

Anonymous

Pokemon is an objectively awful series

Anonymous

Character design peaked in the late 90s

Anonymous

Cave Story is only just okay. Nothing about it is remarkable.

Anonymous

Gen 5 was and will always be the best gen

Anonymous

QTEs can be enjoyable

Mercenaries 2 is best example that I know did it best
      >almost every hijack has a QTE
      >each hijackable vehicle has a set QTE pattern, so you can learn it
      >more powerful vehicles have more buttons
      >its a fun animation

Anonymous

this reminds me how odd it is that GTA never evolved the aspect of the GTA, you think they would make jacking a car more engaging at this point, only Chinatown Wars did something about it with a minigame where you turn on a car you are stealing

also disappointed with todays GTA not being able to visit different regions and roam them freely and San Andreas had a mission that took you to Liberty City, wtf

Anonymous

and to add to QTEs, i also enjoy button mashes

Anonymous

The ending to hl2:ep2 was the devs throwing episodic content in the grave, and no players seemed to notice.

Anonymous

This image feels homoerotic and I’m not sure why

Anonymous

realism is cancer and whether it be in the visuals or gameplay, chasing realism instead of making games with intention is an insult to the medium
      voice acting makes games worse 95% of the time. reading suits the medium better even if the performances weren’t usually abysmal

Anonymous

this. it’s okay for games to be "gamey".

Anonymous

this isn’t unpopular at all, pretty much the average nintentard

Anonymous

A video game doesn’t need to be good.
      All it needs is well-written waifus with interesting character design and engaging personalities (pic related)

Anonymous

Dark Souls 2 is still the best Souls game.

Anonymous

I like smash bros and hate traditional fighting games, sorry I’m not a fan on fighting face to face on le flat surfaces with different background(but I do love 3D fighters like Tekken and Soulcal, Killer Instict gets pass from me, idk if it counts but also enjoy Wrestling games like Here Comes the Pain and Def Jam, I don’t see why not but yeah I enjoy those much more than traditional street fighter clones)

on another note I’m not a tourneyfag but I still think Melee is the best smash bros, especially for item on play having the best item balance

Anonymous

Black hair in video games looks clownish so Im glad its not in most games.

Anonymous

MMORPGs should require groups for everything and have a way to disable things like discord while in game. You should talk through your character, not some off the record dark chatroom.

Anonymous

online pvp will always be inherently unfun specifically because the people that play such games are so toxic they intentionally seek to make the experience as unfun as possible for everyone else, or at the very least are prone to use of exploits or cheese because they value winning for winning’s sake above everything else to the detriment of fun,complexity, or depth

Anonymous

I do not care for Soulsbornerings

Anonymous

Almost everything in the 90s isn’t really that fun, it was just new tech and exciting. Games didn’t get truly good until the early 00’s.
      Character design and soundtrack are the most important aspects of a game.
      From games are all kind of bad and just appeal to westerners because they have no sex and gross monster men (westerners have collective brain damage for some reason)
      Gacha are pretty fun and a natural evolution of turn-based rpgs, but they’re held back by GaaS shittery and monetization.
      Custom maps were the best thing about RTS games.
      Japanese games have too much dialogue.

Anonymous

Coomers deserve the rope.

Anonymous

they already shoot rope.

Anonymous

NES, SNES, N64 and Wii are the Nintendo’s best consoles.

Anonymous

This is probably very agreeable for anyone who was born before this century I’d wager

Anonymous

I’d say if the list consisted was condensed to a top 3 and the including only the NES, N64 and Wii (which is honestly my ranking) then I’d think it was more controversial. I’ll be honest, if SNES didn’t have DKC, Super Mario World, or the best version of Mortal Kombat II, I really wouldn’t have cared that much for the SNES. I played my Genesis more be by a longshot

Anonymous

I actually think Tales of Vesperia is bad.
      I was told I’d like it if I loved Symphonia and I did not like it.

Anonymous

Resident Evil 5 is a racist game and there’s nothing wrong with it.

Anonymous

I only play games outside my comfort zone when they have a gay romance option for your character.
      Also I kill any geese I run across when playing viral. I really fucking hate geese.

Anonymous

FromSoft is the last good game developer

Anonymous

Challenge: Mobius Digital

Anonymous

never played outer wilds but it looks pretty boring

Anonymous

Wrong.

Anonymous

Very sad

Anonymous

Morrowind is not a bad video game .

Anonymous

Max Payne 3 is good and better than the second one. The first one is the best though.

Anonymous

Final fantasy VII was the most diverse cast in any RPG, and the remake ruined it by making everyone Asians.

Anonymous

I play pokemon because I want to look to lewd the female trainers later

Anonymous

The wiimote and nunchuck was a great controller and it elevated games like Pikmin and Mario Galaxy 2, even for ones that didn’t use pointer controls like no more heroes

Anonymous

melanoid

Anonymous

If you play triple A games at all you’re a normalfag and need to gtfo.

Anonymous

skylanders is a fucking awesome series
      huge variety of characters, beat-em-up gameplay with rpg statistics and platforming elements, switching mechanic allows for fast exp grinding between strong and weak characters, said characters having sizable movesets, and every character uses said movesets differently despite having the same control scheme
      i wish more games were like it

Anonymous

Nintendo is average at best. Smashers get excited for stuff like K. Rool and Banjo and don’t even know why the characters are important to begin with

Their back catalog is pretty cool but even then not quite as interesting to me as SEGA, Sony, or NEC’s old stuff

Anonymous

Grandia 1 > Grandia 2

Anonymous

Western games should feature more trap protagonists and less women/minorities. The characters just work better when the devs can draw from their own life experiences.

Anonymous

I liked Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Anonymous

It was really fun with co op. The wave based survival maps were retarded though

Anonymous

Doom Eternal is a good game and the arguments against it are retarded.
      Quake had platforming, Ultrakill is almost the same game.
      That said, it is really fucking buggy despite being a lot of fun.

Anonymous

Content shouldn’t be a selling point, you could arguably make the game last 2 hours but if you had a good time you had a good time and that’s it. Some imaginary check list of achievements wouldn’t help either, it would do the opposite and hinder the experience.

Anonymous

Ah, a resident evil dev.

Anonymous

Fighting games are trash.

Anonymous

Trans people deserve rights. Abortion is healthcare.

Boco

2B really isn’t hot.

Anonymous

Kirby hasn’t been good since the super nintendo

Anonymous

TSSAA is actually good

Anonymous

People are WAY too critical these days. Everyone goes in expecting each new vidya to be some life changing 10/10 experience that completely redefines that genre when in reality there’s absolutely nothing wrong with a solid 7 to 8 (real rating, not fake video review rating) game.

Part of that is the price, I get that, but people who declare anything that’s not a perfect 10/10 or even a very high 9/10 dogshit are just completely delusional and only making themselves suffer by holding everything to this insane standard.

Also this doesn’t just apply to video game but a lot of modern media.

Anonymous

taking reviews seriously is a joke in it self this board bases games purely off popularity which in it self is the correct course but in the wrong way they go for popular game series but the least popular games despite all of them being shit

Anonymous

I don’t even really mean review scores. I just mean being able to play and still enjoy something that’s flawed. People act like the smallest fucking things in the world completely ruin games and frankly it’s insane. Just look at a lot of hate Elden Ring got. Some of it was legit but a lot of it was just stupid nitpicking that people were doing to prop up either their favorite game in the series or just to hate on something popular.
          Actually I’m really fucking sick of series infighting as a whole. People act like you’re only allowed to like one game in a series and everything else is worthless and shit that you’re stupid if you like. It’s so tiring.

Anonymous

it’s just normal fags you cannot reason with them they have no taste and act like animals

Personally i just look at some random indie games and what they think is good and look at it and almost know exactly from the get go if it’s shit or not
            The only AAA games in recent time to interest me was doom reboots and death stranding and psychonauts 2

Anonymous

i think the fear games and series are utter dogshit. the ai is overrated and only given the illusion to be advanced because of the cramped level design, which itself was boring and stagnant as fuck

Anonymous

Soul Calibur 2 is overrated both in content and combat. Most of your missions were stuff from 1/Blade with only a couple new things here and there. The extra modes were alright but I often found myself playing the regular ones a lot more and you really had like 6 new characters: 2 guests, one of which was dependent on your console, and 4 new guys. They made stupid ass NPCs substitute Hwang and Rock while bringing back Sophi and Mina. WTF Namco? 1’s matches were also fast: you had a shorter lifebar, the attacks felt quick, movement wasn’t as safe and ring outs were more dangerous. 2 throws all that out the window and it feels like you’re fighting underwater. I’m tired of all the praise 2 gets when 1 was the superior game.

Anonymous

>Resident Evil 6 is the best Resident Evile game by far. Capcom needs to embrace it B movie action vibe more
      >speaking of capcom, Dead Rising 3 is the best in the series. The only good thing about DR1 was the timer.

Anonymous

Oh hell don’t mind if I do.

Nintendo peaked in 16-bit
      >all their franchises peaked ages ago when they set trends, now they follow them 5 or more years late to save company imagine and make steady profit. I can respect this as a way to keep jobs but its boring for making games

Nintendo is worse than EA
      >EA actually use to be cool in the 16-bit day and nice to its employees. Nintendo was always doing evil shit against third party and their customers

MMOs are dead.
      >Doesn’t matter if more people are playing they were only fun when it was just nerds on the internet looking for nerd friends, there is no real fun left for it just a skinner box because online is every asshat now

Diablo 2 is worse than Diablo 1
      >1 has better atmosphere and the simpler level design was less a cluster and made for more ways to play despite having less options, seriously fuck half of the Acts in D2

Invisible War wasn’t bad
      >it was just fucked hard by loading airlocks every 5 fucking feet

FF13 didn’t set all the bad trends in FF
      >FFX did by taking everything that didn’t work in the experimental FF8 and putting it at the center of the game

3D assets to make 2D games almost always suck
      >You can make a 3D game styled in 2D and its awesome but 3D locked to a 2D plane is almost always more visually confusion than it needs to be

Gen 5 was the peak of fun and variety
      >gen6 carried the torch but the ground work for gen7 and on to recycle the last 6 original ideas and game designs was laid out there

Anonymous

Penis Penis Penis

Vagina Vagina Vagina

Anonymous

Syphon Filter was a better game/series than MGS

Anonymous

Halo campaigns are only fun co-op and are boring as shit single player

Anonymous

Consoles get WAY too much attention. They also really have no reason to exist (unless you’re poor). Sure, back in the 90s and early 2000s, consoles had unique computer architecture, and weren’t just x86/x64 and ATI like they are now. There were also fewer multiplats back then. Nowadays, consoles are literally just low-end desktop PCs, and almost every notable game is a multiplat, or timed exclusive at worst. Unless it’s a shitty port, the PC version always has better graphics, mods, and multiplayer.

Consumerism killed modern gaming. If you can simply wait a year before buying, you get the "definitive edition" with all the expansion packs, it’s patched with fewer bugs, and it’s a fraction of the price. But nooooo, all you poopyholes are like NEW SHINY, I’M GOING TO PREORDER AND COMPLAIN ABOUT BUGS AT LAUNCH.

Nobody should ever play FPS games on a console, or with a controller. Ever.

Pokemon was never good. It’s a slow, clunky, shitty JRPG.

Smash is a mediocre fighting game. The amount of attention it gets is unreal. I suspect that 99% of its fans are either children or autistic. Smart people do not play Smash.

Anonymous

>They also really have no reason to exist (unless you’re poor).
        Your objectively wrong. Consoles will always have a place just because it’s so much more simple to grab a game, boot it up and jump into playing.

Boco

And never worry about upgrading.

Anonymous

>grab a game and boot it up and jump into playing
          dumbass

Anonymous

Way to completely miss the point, you stupid retard. You never have to worry about your shit not being good enough to run it or this graphics card fucking everything up or having to go out of your way to track down all these stupid fixes.
            You just buy the current gen console, you grab a game that has the name of said console on and you’re good to go in terms of set-up on your part. Automatically downloading some shit doesn’t change that.

Anonymous

>I cannot drag and drop a folder into a folder
              >I cannot just double click a exe
              >buh wahda about da hardware
              holy console cope enjoy buying a ps5 pro in 2 years you retarded monkey

Anonymous

>You never have to worry about your shit not being good enough to run it or this graphics card fucking everything up or having to go out of your way to track down all these stupid fixes.
              Except I don’t have to worry about my shit not being good enough because it is. Because while retards bought a PS3, PS4, and eventually PS5 i spent the same money they did buying upgrades for my PC along the way as they did for all their "easy" consoles.
              I’m far more limited by my consoles hardware, with my memory space being completely taken up by installed games, having to install updates on my console when I boot it up to game because I don’t use my console for anything else meanwhile when I’m browsing the internet on my PC all my PC games are automatically updated. Every game I’ve ever bought and played on steam is there, easy and fast to download if wanted, doesn’t matter if it came out 15 years ago or today it’s still in my steam library ready to play and up to date.
              PCs are much easier to turn on and play.

Anonymous

nta but consoles haven’t been plug in play like they were in awhile
              >You never have to worry about your shit not being good enough to run it
              Skyrim on PS3 is probably the biggest example of this not being true as it ran so bad it was shocking they didn’t refund people, speaking of refunds, Playstation and Cyberpunk recently. And I picked up a PS4 and found a few titles that looked really fun to have such bad frame rates the whole thing was choppy as fuck.

>graphics card fucking everything up
              What? I’ve not had this happen since Windows XP and all I had to do was uninstall the recent driver update that caused it.

>having to go out of your way to track down all these stupid fixes
              That is only if you are trying to get an ancient game to work on something its not designed to run on and usually not even then. On a console you just can’t run the shit or you have to rebuy it again. Like if you buy a new Switch since purchases are tied to the console, or a game bricks your WiiU with an update, or the CMOS battery problem, or the Xbox controller update issue, or the drift in sticks with limited options or RROD etc. I’ve not a had PC fuck in a meaningful way since the PS2 was still king of the mountain. Which is also the last time a console was put in game and play.

>You just buy the current gen console, you grab a game that has the name of said console on and you’re good to go in terms of set-up on your part.
              Buy game on steam, click icon, play game.

Dude consoles are fine. You get less distracted playing them if your the type, you don’t have stream to get it to the TV, and if you live someplace small they don’t take up a lot of space so very apartment/dorm friendly. And price to power they aren’t even bad now, but they have their own baggage and the simple days are gone.

Anonymous

>Simpler
          Except it isn’t

Anonymous

Way to completely miss the point, you stupid retard. You never have to worry about your shit not being good enough to run it or this graphics card fucking everything up or having to go out of your way to track down all these stupid fixes.
          You just buy the current gen console, you grab a game that has the name of said console on and you’re good to go in terms of set-up on your part. Automatically downloading some shit doesn’t change that.

>Consoles will always have a place just because it’s so much more simple to grab a game, boot it up and jump into playing.
          >having to go out of your way to track down all these stupid fixes.
          I’ve never understood this argument. I don’t know what mongoloids are setting up your computers, but they’re not doing it right. You rarely have to look up fixes, and you pretty much only have to do it for old games anyways.

Anonymous

These are idiots who tried playing a brand new game on their mom’s 10 year old computer that still runs an OS that’s two iterations behind, spending hours to jury-rig and play a glitchy janky mess that was never intended for that out of date hardware. They then took that experience thinking that’s how all PC games work and it’s really hard and difficult. Where as if you future proof your hardware, you won’t need to buy an upgrade for 5-10 years and the upgrade you buy will cost less than going out and buying a brand new console every time.

Anonymous

I played every single THPS game with the music muted.

Anonymous

Fallout 4 was pretty good

Anonymous

I did not particularly care for GTA5 or GTA Online.

Anonymous

GTA 5 is a bad game anyways the only people praise it are 12 year olds and middle aged men who have nothing better to do on the weekends who live in the moment of what ever their friends are playing

Anonymous

It’s not a bad game at all, single player at least. It was just disappointing compared to GTA IV – no goofy flailing NPC physics, car damage is fucked and doesn’t dent, rushed half ass storyline with minimal to no character development, etc. etc.
          GTA Online was shit but the last time I tried playing it was probably 5 years ago. Maybe my internet is shit but every game feels like an unstable lag fest full of high school drop outs and literal 8 year olds who will likely drop out of high school in the future. Plus the bombardment of messages popping up on my screen is sensory overload and ticks my autism.
          The whole game was a missed opportunity.

Anonymous

singleplayer was the only reason i bought it and it sucked and i tried to give multiplayer a chance and it’s 100x worse and no amount of mods can unfuck a shit game besides one that converts it into another game

it’s honestly the most disappointing game i ever played yet it was hyped up to hell by braindead children and morons who didn’t even understand what the fuck was going on in the singleplayer so badly they needed a video almost a decade later pointing out what happened in the intro

Anonymous

Fire Emblem is bombastically overrated and miserable to play. Once you play any Tactics game (FF Tactics), Fire Emblem feels like cheap dollarstore strategy game.

FPS Fallout, too. It’s bland, but praised for it’s environments. It’s empty, but praised for it’s content. It wins awards for it’s audio but it’s just like 6 songs that were meant to stretch out over a 100+ hour game. It’s sloppy.

Anonymous

Darkstalkers is just as good as Street Fighter and Marvel VS Capcom and deserves the same amount of recognition.

Anonymous

Halo 2-Reach were awful stories. Bungie didn’t know how to write outside of Combat Evolved.

Anonymous

Nintendo does more to hold the games industry back than any other factor by leaps and bounds. Their fans are on the same level as pay piggies when it comes to ruining quality as well.

Anonymous

I think people don’t give enough credit to Skyrim.
      by no mean that it’s a good RPG game. The gameplay is too linear and it has no real replayability value but then I still strongly think that people don’t give them enough credits when it come to the aspect of immersion, atmosphere and soundtrack of Skyrim even though this is the huge part of the game.

for something that was limited by the technology of its time. Skyrim by no mean had a good graphic. but it still able to make the player (me) heavily immerse in the game world.
      part of that has to do with the incredibly soundtrack that would say it’s a TOP TIER soundtrack, standing beside Minecraft OST.

You’re a fucking liar if you say that this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyqGaMJvVXc isn’t one of the best vidya ambient song out there.

I love Skyrim.

Anonymous

The Last Of Us 2 was fun.

Anonymous

Dark Souls 2 and you faggots just got filtered.

Anonymous

Californians and their international counterparts (Swedes, Melbournites et al) make video game worse.
      I would rather not have LGB or Black people in my video games.

Anonymous

>Yes, it is the uh.. Californians.. shoehorning in diverse folk and trannies into your video games. That’s who’s behind it all.

Anonymous

>Yes, it is the uh.. Californians.. shoehorning in diverse folk and trannies into your video games. That’s who’s behind it all.

go back.

Anonymous

i like gay romance options
      have liked it since kotor
      always wanted more so i can romance whomever i want without worrying about the gender i chose at the start
      simple as

Anonymous

Nintendo and it’s subsidiaries are the only ones making games worth playing.

Anonymous

I wish the people who played video games weren’t fucking garbage subhuman beings.

>see post about new game i’m interested in
      >"shill" "assfaggot" "cuck" "janny" etc
      I just want to see what people are talking about, not turboautism rage wars. This goes for /tg/ too, but i stopped going there after they spurged out the 30th time i tried to get people who liked the thing i like to talk about the thing i like.

tl;dr if you don’t like a thing, fuck off to a thread you do like, at least most of the time, jesus chrrist.

Anonymous

You’re the retarded anon going to Ganker for videogame discussion. This is the sesspool of the internet deemed acceptable for le epic trolls, memelords, shitters, retards, autists, tourettes, etc to come and say the N word over and over without stop so they can vent about all the things that make them mad at the rest of the internet thats now been scrubbed clean and sanitized over the last decade.
        If you aren’t allowed to be negative anywhere else on the internet without immediately being banned that negative energy has to go somewhere else to be exhausted and you’re looking at where.
        This is a problem of where you’re going for videogame discussion. Not people who play videogames.

Anonymous

my unpopular opinion is "everyone needs to stop being ironic and unironicly assmad at current thing, all the time, forever".

Like you, you could have read what was said’ kept your hot opinion to yourself and offered your own, but no, you had to get the jab in, gotta get the bantz, the win.

This isn’t a contest, you don’t win. We just both lose. I want us to stop losing. All of us. The whole interenet.

Anonymous

Oh, I agree with you completely anon. I do, and there used to be discussion about anything and everything on Ganker back in the day, a decade ago. Sure you had angry people, trolls, whatever back then but it isn’t a complete flanderized version of itself like it is today.
            You post actual videogame discussion in an OP post that isn’t bait it becomes a slide thread. Same goes for other boards, sports, television/film, cartoons, etc. OPs of threads now are just porn, outrage bait images, and a 1 sentence post that people can read on the catalog.
            As the rest of the internet becomes sanitized and cleansed all the people will start venting the energy they can’t elsewhere here because it has to happen somewhere. It’s a part of humanity, you can just bottle up the negativity, it has to go out somewhere.
            Shit really sucks but it is what it is. I go elsewhere for actual discussion on shit, and come here for shitposting about it because this place will be better for shitposting, but not discussion.
            Just got to roll with the punches.

Anonymous

>I go elsewhere for actual discussion
              Where?

Anonymous

Depends on the discussion, videogames I can just discuss with my friends irl or on gaming platforms, sports shit I’ll usually talk irl with friends or look at R*ddit for sports discussion, since it’s meaningless and the amount of shitty takes people have is good for humor.
                If I’m watching a TV show that have new episodes drop weekly I’ll usually have both Gankers livethread up and R*ddits livethread up and browse em after the show cause the R*ddit one will have more discussion based around the episode and plot speculation, and the Ganker one will have a lot of good jokes, shitposts, and overall be hilarious. Just a nice balance.

Anonymous

The slower boards like Ganker or /vst/ are better for more focused discussions, with the downside is that it’s going to be slower naturally. But if you actually want to talk about a niche game, you’ll probably get worthwhile replies there.

Sometimes Ganker can have worthwhile threads but it’s rare.

Anonymous

it just sucks, anon. It’s so tiresome. I had a buddy, an e-friend. Literally a misanthrope, hated everything but wrath world of warcraft and star trek. One day in the middle of his latest rant about whatever i just told him i was tired of the ranting about anything, ever. He’s been offline almost a year. I’m tired of the vitrol, the shitposting, the ragebait, all of it. God, i wish i could make a post about the xcom 2 and not be called a shill because it was offered for free on epic a few weeks ago. or about the new warhammer 40k game (it looks rad, but i’m not sold on it yet, even after a few videos) I just wish i could fine tune the static out and just see people with real, actual posts, positive and negative about a thing, and not other dumb shit. I think i’m just burnt out.

on topic: layers of dumb complexity don’t make more engaging gameplay.

Anonymous
        Anonymous

>I just want to see what people are talking about
        That was your first mistake. Fuck what people are talking about, pretty much all fanbases suck. Play what you think is interesting and if someone else is into it then cool. If not, whatever.

Anonymous

I’ve been trying to get into western CRPGs and the fact that so many of them became real time despite you controlling a whole party makes it obvious why the genre died off for so long.

Anonymous

Elden Ring had quite a few genuinely bullshit parts.

Anonymous

Serious Sam: Next Encounter is the best Serious Sam game. It’s a natural progression from second encounter with the alternative ammo types, the combo system, and a lot of unlockable content. Not to mention it has some of the most artistic and impressive maps in the series (Atlantis levels). If it get remade or rereleased, I wouldn’t even mind if it was rebranded as the Third Encounter, because it deserves it. Though if it gets a remake, there is an almost certain 100% chance that it will lose it’s soul.

Anonymous

Dark souls 3 is a dungeon crawler

Anonymous

Do people say otherwise? Hell, that’s why I like Souls games.

Anonymous

Empty space in open world games isn’t inherently a bad thing, it never was, and never will be. It helps maintain proper pacing and gives a necessary contrast to the high octane sequences

Anonymous

SOTC’s main issue is a lack of actual content and stuff in the world, not the world being too big imo. They could have shrunk it by 75% and it would still be the same major issue

Anonymous

Resident Evil Revelations is probably the most fun I’ve ever had with a Resident Evil game.

Anonymous

99.99% of RPGs are SOULLESS and miss the point

muh grocery list to get muh bigger numbers FUCK YOU YOU HAVE NO HEART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

I don’t play video games that prominently feature black people because 90% of the time they were written by white trust fun shitheads who got their job through connections and those people don’t make good games.

Anonymous

When I start grinding in a game or think about how to do something efficiently I just stop because it’s not fun at all to grind and it’ll amount to nothing but virtual "achievements."

I play to have fun and have a stress free time. I’m alr grinding irl that accumulates alot of stress.

Anonymous

Square Enix hasn’t made a good game since Kingdom Hearts 2 final mix

Anonymous

i couldn’t get into any of the legend of zelda games and ocarina of time is an ugly game

Anonymous

Posting your video game opinion in this thread is proof that on a subconcious level you know your opinion is retarded and worthy of being shamed over

Anonymous

Fallout New Vegas is a good game
      Not here, shitlips

Anonymous

MGSV is excellent and most people here are retards

Anonymous

The last of us 2 its a good game, not perfect but a brave sequel if (very) flawd

Anonymous

Ganker is always wrong.

Anonymous

2000s sonic (the "dark age") was the best period of the series and most of the widely hated games from then are actually great

Anonymous

Watching straight white dudes trying to be oppressed or discriminated against in any way is just the funniest thing to me
      Persecution fetish at finest

Anonymous

hey buddy i think you got the wrong board

[…]

is that way

Anonymous

RE6’s combat more than makes up for its other failings

Anonymous

>this turns people on

Anonymous

Turn-based games are not fun
      Bloodborne is the best Soulsbornekiro game in terms of lore/design/atmosphere but is trapped on the PS4 and badly needs a PC port
      Fighting games are by far the best competitive genre

Anonymous

>Fighting games are by far the best competitive genre

Agree, though I feel a lot of FGCfags have some batshit opinions. The fact it took until fairly recently for bigger games to start implementing rollback and improved netcode is insane. Fightcade was about to implement it for a bunch of old ass arcade fighters, there’s genuinely no excuse for it now.

Anonymous

>"If you don’t like that video games don’t ever show strong or POCs female characters, make your own games!!!"
      >*game has strong female or POCs characters*
      >"NO NOT LIKE THAT NOW ITS WOKE"
      I swear to fucking god the hypocrisy was obvious even then but now its just undeniable

Anonymous

The best Croteam game is the one that doesn’t star Serious Sam. It also happens to be one of the best puzzle games.

Anonymous

I don’t find open-world games fun to play

Anonymous

Sometimes quantity in the absence of quality can suffice. ARK is a textbook example of it. Despite it still being a broken mess with patchwork gameplay, I’ve still put like 600 hours into it and enjoyed it.

Anonymous

TF2 is still the best FPS

Anonymous

Politics in video games were never the problem, its just that shit heads with biases and agendas managed to equal their shitty baby politics with politics that actually matter. Somehow Nuclear deterrence and the war economy has been equalized to "Girls are special and you’re the bad guy."
      Accessibility in video games was also never a problem. But someone shit heads managed to weasel their way in and change the conversation from "Not all games need an easy mode" to "Easy=accessibility.
      You’re all constantly played as suckers and it would be hilarious if it wasn’t so frustrating. Like watching a mouse chase cheese on a treadmill.

Anonymous

nintendo has never made a good game.
      the only reason why people like nintendo is because they played them when they were a stupid kid.
      every nintendo fan is the most extreme case of abused spouse i have ever seen, literally licking up wet shit and apologizing when they dont like it.
      and every bit of hardware sucks. they know they can make shit and charge premium prices because their fans will buy literally anything that has a nintendo sticker on it.

Anonymous

Silent Hill games are some of the most overrated pieces of trash. Music is just noise, voice acting is trash, gameplay is just running through doors.

Anonymous

I thought Mass Effect 3’s original ending was okay.

Anonymous

I felt the issue was that they overhyped it. I genuinely think they would have better off if they just did some shit like New Vegas or Dragon Age Origins where they just have a slideshow thing explaining what happened to all the dudes you helped out.
        Alternatively, just have one good basic ending where Shepard just blows up Reapers and everyone survives, fuck it. People would still be disappointed but assuming they were running on a clock, I think it would have been better than the infamous 3 color endings we got.

Anonymous

I like playing Dota 2 with my friends but I find watching professional games really boring. Am I the weird one for not paying attention to the pro scene?
      In comparison, I play fighting games and enjoy watching those pro matches but it’s probably because they don’t take as long.

Anonymous

I’m the same, don’t give a single shit about the competitive scene. If I watch a fighting game it’s usually to steal tech or learn more about the game in general.

Anonymous

.hack//G.U. is the worst .hack game(s). Yes, I’m including the mobile game from 2003, plus Guilty Dragon and New World.

Anonymous

growing out of video games is true
      either that or being alone with a 5+ year clinical depression ruined everything ive ever enjoyed

Anonymous

Half life 2 fucking sucks.

Anonymous

Crisis Core is better than FF7, and I’m tired of pretending it’s not.

Anonymous

Both Kane & Lynch games are pure kino masterpieces.

Anonymous

Genshin Impact is a shit, SHIIIIIIIIIIT

Anonymous

Not exactly a hot take there, bro. Gacha games are pure fucking cancer.

Anonymous

I liked crash the warth of cortex on ps2. And yes i replayed recently.

Viewing 170 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.