Wake up Ganker, it’s time to save the VN industry!

Home Forums A haunted junk yard Wake up Ganker, it’s time to save the VN industry!

• This topic has 170 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 45 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Wake up Ganker, it’s time to save the VN industry!

Anonymous

Here is some ass for you.

Anonymous
        Anonymous

Somehow I feel more confident after looking at this noble ass.

Anonymous

This noble confident’s ass

Anonymous

What’s the latest mom-son VN?

Anonymous

how do i get into muvluv?

Anonymous
          Anonymous

thx anon

Anonymous

But is there anal?

Anonymous

There is vore

Anonymous

It boggles my mind how a high school visual novel turned into some sci fi shit.
          Whatever, I’ll try to get into this series.

Anonymous

>check the MuvLuv and MuvLuv Alternative folders I downloaded ages ago
          >[Fuwanovel]
          >DAEMON Tools
          >installation_instructions.txt
          >… Change system locale to Japanese, launch engpatcher.exe …

I’m so fuckin’ lazy, maybe I’ll just redownload the Steam version instead. Are the Steam / Fuwanovel translations different?

Anonymous

imagine being too retarded to mount an iso

Anonymous

Motherfucking JP locale emulator changed all my to ¥ and they never turned back

Anonymous

Steam has some shit censored so you need to download the director’s cut patch for that but it should be up at nyaa and all the other usual places

Anonymous

Steam ver. is fine
            The only things they censored were never that good anyway
            And the newer translation is, on the whole, better than the old one, with the sole downside being that they redid some iconic lines

Anonymous

Steam version removed multiple music tracks from Extra, cropped the CGs, removed suit nipples and re-recorded the canonical engrish lines like HOOMAN BREINZZZ. Removed ero scenes are nothing in comparison.

Anonymous

>cropped the CGs
              Are you sure about that?

Anonymous

Some of them are cropped, but usually like in your pic. It’s never egregious.

Anonymous

>on steam
          anon that’s the ruined version

Anonymous

The steam version is fine, just apply the patch.

Anonymous

>steam
              kys

Anonymous

You’re being a melanoid, the patch adds all the sex and gore back (including twizzlers). Not to mention every muv luv game on steam routinely goes sale. I’m talking extra to the day after at 40% off.

Anonymous

Not him but there’s also a reason I don’t recommend the steam translation.
                  Jumping from Fan Extra and Unlimited to Alternative is just something amazing you don’t get from Steam version.

Anonymous

only played the trilogy
          are any of the other VNs worthwhile?

Anonymous

Altered Fable is good if you want to finish the series on a lighter note

Anonymous

Most optimal imo:
        Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (TV)
        Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (OVA) – Optional, watch it if the TV series left a bad taste in your mouth
        Akane Maniax (OVA)
        Mubu Labu Extra (fan translation)
        Mubu Labu Unlimited (fan translation)
        Mubu Labu Alternative (fan translation)
        Ayu Mayu Alternative

bonus:
        >I want more SoL!
        Photonflowers (aka Altered Fable)
        >I want more /m/
        The Day After
        Going Going Hikari E!!!!
        SMK
        Photonmelodies

The reason I recommend the fan translation is a bit of a spoiler so I don’t want to get into it too hard, you just gotta trust me on it.

Anonymous

Why anime before the VNs?

Anonymous

Because they are JP only

Anonymous
          Anonymous

eat shit retard

Anonymous

the advise you are giving him is awful and i’m glad that you are seething for it, you have to be extremely autistic to be telling people that the proper read order is the "order in which the company released all it’s products" when even the authors are different lmao

Anonymous

It’s advice.

Anonymous

bash your head through a brick wall at least once a day for 10 years and you might begin to approach the mental capacity needed to enjoy this trash.

Anonymous

By posting one of the worst first baby’s vn?

Anonymous

MUU LUU

Anonymous

SUUUUUMIIIIIIIIIIKAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Anonymous

>vnshit

[…]

Anonymous

Muv-Luv Alternative is a masterpiece, and no amount of twitter zoomer opinions will change that.

Anonymous
        Anonymous

>https://youtu.be/3u2jQdAXrSY?list=PLTQImNwft-Cw_ut4MAekHzOfWnBnRQYMI
        >Flame of Life
        Even though +10 years have passed, even though most story segments, dialogues and everything is now hidden behind mist of long-term memories, some parts will remain with you forever in your subconscioud.
        They just do not make stories like Muv-Luv nowadays.

Anonymous

The soundtrack from Alternative just hits so hard, I get all emotional whenever I listen to it.

Anonymous
        Anonymous

Sex with Meiya!

Anonymous

Any good corruption VNs? Bonus if it’s incest.

Anonymous

Deltarune :^)

Anonymous
        Anonymous

how does a japanese hentai game company know so much about america and its (((sponsors)))?

Anonymous

Where the fuck is this?

Anonymous

I miss characters having those sharp-edged M-shaped hairstyles.

Anonymous

muv luv alternative doesn’t work if you didn’t play muv luv and ultimate which is why the anime will be a failure

Anonymous

Any VNs that are actually good and not just coomer shit? Like, good for someone who likes to read books?

Anonymous

What kind of books do you like to read faggot?

Anonymous

even most of the good ones have coomer shit. saya no uta is great, but it has loli

Not saying coomer shit is a dealbreaker. Lolita obviously has loli. Thomas Pynchon writes about sex and underage girls often.
          It’s fine with me as long as there’s something else there as well. After I’m done I want to look back and feel like it was a good use of my time and not just cooming.

Anonymous

Only a small number of VNs are nothing but coomershit (called nukige), if you want something short and punchy then Saya no Uta is a good start, whereas Muv-Luv is much more of a long haul.
            Muv-Luv also has the advantage that even brand new VNs struggle to surpass its production values. Stuff like moving mouths and eyes, or audio balancing based on where characters are standing in relation to the MC, are still luxuries rather than standards for the medium.

Anonymous

even most of the good ones have coomer shit. saya no uta is great, but it has loli

Anonymous

The House in Fata Morgana

Anonymous

VNs are naturally divisive, but I’ve never seen one with opinions so diametrically opposed. People either love Fata Morgana, or despise its guts.

Anonymous

I’m not that into VN scene, but I haven’t really seen hatred for Fata Morgana, aside from people who never read it and think it is about trannies.

Anonymous

That’s all it takes, doesn’t it? See all the pooping on 13 sentinels based on that single line in a 40 hours game.

Anonymous

Steins;Gate
        >b-but it’s popular!!
        it’s still good. Likable characters, straightforward plot.

Anonymous

The writing in VNs is not as evocative as good lit, either because the translation sucks or due to the source being clumsy itself (usually highly padded out at the very least). But they have their own upsides. A good VN can be kind of hypnotic in the way the music, VO, art and repetitious prose lull you into thinking you exist in the setting and that the characters are real to you. despite the rough edges, they can end up very emotional or sentimental which I guess makes it a more intense fap for those who are mainly looking for that

try Steins;Gate, Fata Morgana (I wasn’t a big fan but it’s easy to appreciate) or Full Metal Daemon: Muramasa

Anonymous

Aren’t you forgetting something?

Anonymous

I just want to keep dreaming.

Anonymous

Good news my friend, Full Metal Demon: Muramasa just release a bit ago.

Anonymous

What’s good about it?

Anonymous

I’m not finished with it yet, but so far it’s a very well done blend of mecha, historical epic and psychological drama. The main character is fantastic, probably the most realistic and sympathetic ever put in a vn. The music and visuals are all great as well.

Anonymous

999/VLR for mystery, humor, and puzzle solving
        Raging loop for humor
        Death Mark/NG for spooks, mystery, and detective work (replaying Death Mark now for halloween). Granted Death Mark has a lot of fanservice.
        Root Film for a decent murder mystery
        World end syndrome for what claims to be horror/romance. It goes too hard in the romance, still kino.
        Hotel Dusk for mystery kino

Steins;Gate
        >b-but it’s popular!!
        it’s still good. Likable characters, straightforward plot.

Honestly this. It’s really enjoyable. Chaos Child is also my second favorite in the series, but it is bittersweet as fuck.

Crazy thing is this list needs to be updated now to account for Integrade and Total Eclipse coming to steam. I don’t know why they decided to go so hard with Muv Luv after being dormant for a decade, but good for them.

every time the maid gremlins show up

Not him, but get the fuck out of here. That actually sounds awesome. I’m guessing they had to scrape it due to licensing issues.

Not him but there’s also a reason I don’t recommend the steam translation.
        Jumping from Fan Extra and Unlimited to Alternative is just something amazing you don’t get from Steam version.

Unfortunately I have no point of comparison to say what is and isn’t different. The only thing I can assume is the fanlation does a better job of hiding Unlimited. All the releases today pretty much spell it out that Extra is a 2 part game.

Anonymous

Cringe

Anonymous

>Chaos Child is also my second favorite in the series
          I still don’t know why they didn’t implement the alt ending for the Nono route.
          The assets were all there and worked

Anonymous

>nono alt ending
            Please elaborate, Nono was my favorite girl before the reveal.

>All the releases today pretty much spell it out that Extra is a 2 part game.
            Yeah, but I think it’s unavoidable at this point. Maybe it took people by surprise in 2004, but anyone playing Muv-Luv in 2021 has to be sold on the premise.

No doubt no doubt. We aren’t like the mathematicians in the early 2000’s, we’re gonna need more than sex to buy a game. Imagine how based it was to play Extra and then unlock unlimited and be part of that club that knew the hidden truth.

The Silver Case

I got to the missing kid case before I tapped out, just couldn’t push myself through it.

Anonymous

>Nono was my favorite girl before the reveal
              As it was mine.
              There should be a video floating around reddit, fully translated.
              Nothing too grand, it’s almost a bad ending

Anonymous

I’m guessing it’s one where takuru lives with her and she never reveals her true face? I’d like to see that. It hurts though Nonobro. I didn’t like her at first, I thought she was annoying. This mother hen going around stopping him from trying to solve the case. Then I opened my eyes to the fact that she was just trying to protect him and was being a loving big sis. Then you see the total package of a woman that has motherly instincts with raising children and cooking. Not to mention she was one of the biggest girls in the cast. She could literally smother Miyashiro with affection. The mother/sister/wife is a combo never explored, I was all in on her route. Then the gut punch comes in. you realize the truth and it’s bittersweet. You’re glad that she didn’t suffer, but you lost at the same time. I would throw down some money if the crossover game Mages is planning allowed you to break Miyashiro out by preventing the earthquake.

Anonymous

>All the releases today pretty much spell it out that Extra is a 2 part game.
          Yeah, but I think it’s unavoidable at this point. Maybe it took people by surprise in 2004, but anyone playing Muv-Luv in 2021 has to be sold on the premise.

Anonymous

The Silver Case

Anonymous

>le oomer
        there’s probably at least one out there somewhere for posturing faggots but I don’t know it

Anonymous

Cooming is actually what makes you a faggot. I’m probably the straightest person ITT.

Anonymous

Go read Saya no Uta right now, you can 100% it in 5 hours.

Anonymous

Yeah I’m planning on trying that one first. I appreciate everyone’s recommendations.

Anonymous

Umineko, of course

Anonymous

i downloaded baldr sky, is it any good

Anonymous

Do you always download stuff first and ask questions later

Anonymous

Yeah it’s good, and it has actual gameplay too

Anonymous

>tfw Muv-Luv has been the ultimate plebfilter for almost 2 decades but with the anime a flood of clueless newfags will naturally follow

Anonymous

Don’t worry the anime will be fucking shit.
        The redesign alone are proof of that.
        On other hand, they are using the "Shingeki no Kyoujin was inspired by muv-luv" meme to attract newfags which is worrying.

Anonymous

First 2 episodes have been alright. But. That’s also a problem in itself. Alright isn’t enough for something this highly praised.

Anonymous

True, it seems impossible to make a great muv-luv anime.
            It would have to be the length of LoTGH at least

Anonymous

Let’s be fair, the only reason there is an anime now is because they are release a sequel to Alternative.

Anonymous

Newfags hate it because they think it’s just Edge of Tomorrow + SnK with mechs, and they’re confused since the first episode is anime original and then the second episode starts straight from Alternative with a 10 second infodump on what happened in Extra and Unlimited

Anonymous

After I release my VN, it will. I hope. Fuck the fuckers who thinks sex can’t be used as a narrative tool.

Anonymous

post your art

Anonymous

>Fuck the fuckers who thinks sex can’t be used as a narrative tool.
        It definitely can be.
        But how good it will be for the enjoyment of the story depends the way you go about it.

Anonymous

It can but I hope you’re not trying to defend the twizzler scene

Anonymous

The twizzler scene is basically a pleb filter on the level of Extra at this point

Anonymous

Sex can imply that the characters really desire and how deeply they care for each other.
        But the depiction of sex almost never serves any purpose in moving forward the plot or building up the characters.
        "Fuck me harder Shigeru-san!" and "Ohhhh I’m going to cum buckets, Miyako-san" are always there for the sole purpose of self-insert masturbation fantasy.

Anonymous

you can apply this same logic to any combat scene in a VN

Anonymous

True, but a description of a fight or any kind of action sequence is usually much more enjoyable and captivating and much more socially acceptable, compared to passages about jamming a penor into a vagoo.
            Combat scenes by their inherent structure produce the feeling of suspense and uncertainty (will he die? will he be injured? will the villain escape?). Meanwhile sex scenes are by their core very predictable – whether she rides him or he does a mating press has no effect on the course of this act. I’m not saying that sex scenes have no place in the VNs, but we should not pretend that there is some deeper meaning behind them.
            Harlequins that women read also feature very detailed sex scenes and everybody knows _why_ were they put there.

Anonymous

So what’s different between the original and Steam version of Muv-Luv? I noticed that the original is in 4:3 whereas the remake is widescreen. Were CGs redrawn to fit?

Anonymous

Just watch the new anime.

Anonymous

>Just watch the new anime.

Anonymous

Shit animation but it at least sort of makes sense given that they are saluting the people who are fucking off and leaving them to die.

Anonymous

NO

Anonymous

I haven’t emotionally recovered since I got Misaki’s ending and I haven’t read anything since.
      It just felt so perfect, so fucking good that I’m afraid anything else I read will pale in comparison.

Anonymous

what the fuck is she even doing here????????

Anonymous

Thinking about twizzers.

Anonymous

Who knows…

Anonymous

Yes I only read kinoges, how could you tell?

Anonymous

now try to get a real woman to say that to you, incel

Anonymous

ywnbaw

Anonymous

You first, and saying that to yourself doesn’t count, because you will never be a real woman.

Anonymous

It’s already saved.

Anonymous

Oh dude D̸͙̞͓̰̔̃̈́̉̍̕â̵̢̧̟̻͙̮̭͇̞̮͕̜̩̿̄̀̍͆̈́̐̒̾͑̇̆̏ṭ̷̢͕̩̝̬̻̦͍̩͚̪̾̔̓̏͂̈́͛ͅä̷̹̹̱̫̫́̂ ̷̢̡͔̻̣̳̞͎̼̝̩̞̥͎̞͛̏͆̆̒̆̋̃̈́́͆̽͘̚͝b̵̡̞̺̝̳̣͉̖̭͉͉͖̽̀̒͋̉̋͠͝l̵̘̪͆̃̍̉̃̐̈́̓̕͝ã̶̛͚̹̬͎̻͖̮͒͌͒̈̈́͜͝d̷̗͖̱̱̩͉͍͚̪͙͍̖̜͇͐ë̵̜̣͙̭̙̱̥̤̩̻̝̬͑͑̑̂͌̏̽͒̆͒̓ ̶̛̦̺̬̣̦̦̤̜̫̤͕͎̜͐̍̿̇̃̒͐̈́̿͠Ī̴̡̠̮̭̫̬̱̖͇̭̗̬̥̺̩̊̈́̀̋̀̉́̆̚̕̚͠ , that’s a classic

nig

fate but better

Anonymous

For people still on the fence about the steam version and the original fan tl, you can patch the steam version with the R18 content, and it is totally fine. Only /vng/ autists care about suit nipples ore one or two redone songs.

Anonymous

>playing Extra without livin la vida loca
        it’s just not the same, also the suit nipples are important

Anonymous

When does living la vida loca even play

Anonymous

every time the maid gremlins show up

Anonymous

I only purchase EVN plotge.

Anonymous

>skipping extra and unlimited
      way to miss the point

Anonymous

Was Muv-Luv Altered Fable ever translated?

Anonymous

Yeah

Anonymous

Yes, except the H scenes

Anonymous

Half of them are.

Anonymous

>except the H scenes
          Then what’s the point?

Anonymous

you can make up your own dialog for the scenes now

Anonymous

Yes, zoomer edition windows 10 exclusive with mobile interface.

Anonymous

Honestly I can’t tell which VN is more overrated. Saya no Shit or Steins:Faggot

Anonymous

neither is overrated

Anonymous

S;G is 100% overrated

Anonymous

retard

Anonymous

Did anyone ever try Fate/Stay Night on Vita (translated)? Did it work okay?

Anonymous

Finished reading Higurashi recently. It was pretty good, so what other visual novels should I read? I’m still pretty new to this genre.

Anonymous

umineko no doubt, it stands a head above all it’s competition and will make you appreciate the genre more

Anonymous

Read higurashi rei if you haven’t, then read umineko, then read higanbana and then read rgd

Anonymous

>higurashi rei
          What’s that? Is it a sequel or spin off?

Anonymous

Spinoff that works as an epilogue, brings closure to Rika since it wasn’t done much on ep8

Anonymous

Yeah, I already looked up more info on it a few minuets ago. Looks like I’m not quite done reading Higurashi after all but I don’t mind. I really enjoyed Higurashi so I don’t mind reading another chapter, especially if it’s going to focus on Rika, she ended up being one of my favorite characters in the VN.

Anonymous

Based rose guns days chad

Anonymous

Umineko is great but if you want to take a break for Ryukishi’s wild ride you could try Muv-Luv, Steins;gate or SubaHibi.

Anonymous

Fate.

Anonymous

Starless

Anonymous

No, you see, the tentacle rape was actually a central element of the plot

Anonymous

Play his game.

Anonymous

i keep seeing images from this game, what’s the name?

Anonymous

Muramasa

Anonymous

tranny edition of a 10 year old game
          it goes by the name of mogymasa

Anonymous

>final boss is literally a 3d sudoku puzzle

Anonymous

after steins;gate and saya no uta, ive realized ill never find one that good again. oh well VNs are dead

Anonymous
      Anonymous

>after Harry Potter and Winnie the Pooh, ive realized ill never find one that good again. oh well books are dead

Anonymous

Harry Potter would be a thousand times better if it were an actual eroge witch trainer doesn’t count

Anonymous

my first 4 VNs are Muv Luv, Raging Loop, tsukihime and YU-NO
      my conclusion is that japs LOVE the idea of parallel universes and LOVE making unsatisfying final routes

Anonymous

>tsukihime
        >parallel universes
        >unsatisfying final routes
        huh?

Anonymous

no parallel world stuff in tsukihime, but kohaku route was disappointing to me, except for the part where SHIKI is hanging out with shiki.
          it was a big step down for me from hisui route, which was more psychological and didn’t have the poorly done fight scenes
          akiha being the villain didn’t make sense to me, and how she suppresses it felt convoluted to me? the resolution felt very rushed to me, and the jump between everyone wanting to kill each other and forgiving each other was jarring

Anonymous

Takeru is a manlet

Anonymous
      Anonymous

Post YFW the highest grossing VNs will forever be Nekopara, Gachashit, and anything a vtumor touches.

Anonymous

Don’t forget doki doki

Anonymous

you mean fate, steins;gate, and danganronpa?

Anonymous

>save the VN industry
      I quit my engineer job not long ago to become a fulltime VN translator. I’ve never done VN translations but I’m confident I’ll do good localizations after watching mainstream Funimation and Netflix anime for 9 seasons straight, reading the latest VNs. I took some online writing classes to prepare myself. I can’t wait to put this Amogus meme I’ve come up with into my first official translation. I hope yall will like it and not be too harsh on my first work. It’s coming out in a few months. Yoroshiku onegaishimachu- ahh I bid my dong…

Anonymous

[…]

They hated him, because he told them the truth.

Viewing 45 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.