Was this even powerful when it came out?

Home Forums A haunted junk yard Was this even powerful when it came out?

• This topic has 72 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Was this even powerful when it came out?

Anonymous

No, by PC standards it was outdated by its release in 2013, but its still the best console ever made.

Anonymous

This the pS4 Pro that came out in 2016 silly

Anonymous

>Pro
          Forgot this even existed, but no that was better, but not a powerhouse

Anonymous

speaking of i cant figure out the xbox naming scheme anymore since i had a 360 arcade and stopped buying consoles
            so like…
            xbox 360, 360s
            then… xbox one
            then xbox one s…
            then xbox one x? which was the ps4 equivalent?
            now series s?
            idk…

Anonymous

>PlayStation
              PlayStation, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 4 Pro, PlayStation 5.
              >Xbox
              Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X, Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X.

Anonymous

pajeets can’t name for shit

Anonymous

Ok snoyjeet

Anonymous

this explains why snoys entire marketing campaign is dedicated to pandering towards troons and minorities

Anonymous

There’s 4 versions of the Xbox One, being the Xbox One (2013), Xbox One S (2016), Xbox One X (2017) and the Xbox One S/AD which is the 2016 model without a disc drive.

Anonymous

>by PC standards
        PC games have been surpassed by mobile games now kek. When is rock bottom going to happen for PC gaymers?

Anonymous

im drunk :3
          ily all and i hate black folk

Anonymous

>i hate black folk
            ME TOO DUDE!!! =3

Anonymous

Feel like that isn’t even necessarily racist. He did buy a banana (with totally real legal tender) the day he was murdered by that white pig.
              Rest in power, king.

Anonymous

No, he bought a 25 cent banana to get the change of a fake $20

Anonymous

You should try harder when you bait post anon

Anonymous

Is this bot broken? He just said a bunch of stuff but it was all retarded.

Anonymous

BROKEN

Anonymous

>but its still the best console ever made.
        Are we talking about the ps2?

Anonymous

>still the best console ever made.
        It’s by far the least unique of the PlayStation consoles. It has no identity. It’s just a low-spec PC with a walled garden OS to keep normalfags from breaking it.

The last real console was the PS3.

Anonymous

no but it could at least keep up with the xbox competition. og ps4 is the biggest hunk of shit of that gen

Anonymous

>PS4
        >not the WiiU, Switch or XBONE which are all clocked under 1.5 TFLOPS
        sure you braindead dumbass.

Anonymous

correct.

Anonymous

The OG Xbox One was a lot worse.

Anonymous

>2017
      >still 2 4 core tablet CPUs from 2013
      >RX 470
      No, it was always a piece of shite.

Anonymous

It’s cool. It can run tranny of us 2 and red dead 2.
      You need more?

Anonymous

It was around a GTX 1060 (maybe) and the CPU was still shit. It was fine I guess

Anonymous

Fuck no, the CPU cores are extremely slow, ultra low voltage garbage intended for shit like tablets and netbooks and the GPU is utterly and completely dominated by Pascal graphics cards which came out in the same year. It was slow shit right out the gate. Hell, a Pascal-based 1080 Ti (2017) probably still competes fairly favorably with a PS5, except it cannot do hardware-accelerated ray tracing.

Anonymous

1080ti owner here
        Still very happy with it

Anonymous

I don’t have one myself but I imagine it would be perfectly fine at 2560×1440 and below that would be outright excellent.

Anonymous

It was a step up from the base but end of the day not really a vast improvement; it was a decent stop gap at the time. It still feel way short of overall improvements, the One X offered more power in a smaller box while being whisper quiet, cool and aesthetically pleasing. The Pro was more power, louder, hotter and bigger while adding another level to an already ugly design that hampered functionality. Unless you had children’s hands or a woman it was quite difficult yanking a low profile usb drive or dongle from inside the slot between levels.

Thank god they didn’t repeat that with the PS5, but wtf with requiring a stand for horizontal placement another idiotic idea.

Anonymous

I fucking hate the design of the PS5, whomever designed it needs to be fired and murdered.

Anonymous

I’m all digital but the wonky curves and stand need to go. I don’t much mind the size or color and sure smaller would be nice but miss me with the flared tips, just looking at that disc drive slot makes me happy I don’t actually use it. At least my unit never feels warm and I never hear the fans, rather shocking after the half assed Pro.

Anonymous

I’m still baffled how sleek and nifty the Xbox One X and Series X look. I know everyone was making a joke of how the Series X looks like tiny refrigerator or a sub-woofer, but still. I love the look of it.

Anonymous

I wasn’t as much a fan of the Series X design after the One X which I felt did everything great. I much prefer low profile units that can lay down over the tower look but to each their own. Both the new systems are much bigger than I’d have expected I suppose likely just me giving them too much credit.

Anonymous

>Both the new systems are much bigger than I’d have expected I suppose likely just me giving them too much credit.
                I understand this concern, but I fucking hate it. I give MS and Sony credit for challenging the notion of what the form factor of a console is suppose to be. People want powerful, ‘future-proof’ plug and play consoles that have that familiar console experience for their ecosystem of choice but then when the system may not fit your entertainment center people want to screech about it? Something’s gotta give at point or another, both systems have 16 GBs of RAM now, there’s not much to complain about beside their form factors.

Anonymous

>remembering the days of the ps3’s 512/2MB of RAM
                  Those were dark times.

Anonymous

I still cannot fucking believe Cliff Blezsinki is the one that convinced MS to go for 512MB of unified RAM after they showed them the prototype of Gear of War running at 256MB. That faggot literally saved MS from another disaster.

Anonymous

Capcom convinced Nintendo to use 4GB RAM for the switch as opposed to 2 but idk how much the switch actually utilizes it.

Anonymous

>Capcom
                        wow, I didn’t even know that. The Switch was going to be the Wii U 2.0, this companies are so fucking retarded.

Anonymous

>this companies are so fucking retarded.
                        reminder that when fire emblem awakening was in development the devs opted to not rig any feet because they had no idea what the hardware would be like and just assumed it would be so underpowered it wouldn’t be able to handle complex skeletons.

Anonymous

that’s quite pathetic even by Nintendo’s standards.

Anonymous

1 foot is like 3 polygons wtf is nintendo doing

Anonymous

Intelligent Systems is a fucking retarded company, despite the name. Though honestly, I didn’t even notice it when playing the game because I turned the animations off after like 2-3 chapters.

Anonymous

Here’s my set up….

Anonymous

I’m quite a fan of the Dbrand Darkplates, pretty easy to swap the stock ones and it helps it blend in a bit more.

Anonymous

That doesn’t look that bad, crazy how changing the plates doesn’t make it look like an over designed bullshit of console.

Anonymous

Oh sorry it’s likely hard to make out given the lack of lighting in that pic but they still have the silly curves just easier to hide in a dark room I guess when not white. Still I like the overall look, a shame I scratched up the interior a bit where the plates clip on lol. Not a big diy’er.

Anonymous

Surprised you didn’t made fun of my dirty walls lol but nice you can customize the plates just like the original Ps4. Good shit

Anonymous

I was gonna buy one and the shitters at Sony sued them so they took them down

Anonymous

Honestly I didn’t even know they pulled em until now, had to look it up lol. I still have the promo email they sent out but can’t find the page that actually told em to sue them if they dared so I figured they were pretty sure about things. Guess not

Anonymous

>console underneath the TV
              >TV and console on two side by side tv trays
              >at the foot of a bed with zero walking space
              >and it looks like there’s a couch or pillow directly on the side of the TV trays
              bitch, you live like this?

Anonymous

I don’t like the design either but they could have at least improved it by making it all black.
          They don’t want to let other companies sell black faceplates or even want to sell them themselves.
          I honestly believe that they are trying to get people to buy this ugly console so that people will have a even bigger reason to upgrade to a possible redesign or Pro model. They’re just trying to milk people for their money.

Anonymous

Good times, I like the brazenness of Dbrand and giving zero fucks.

Anonymous

It was even more CPU bottlenecked than my shitty PC so no.

Anonymous

No, it was a huge letdown and can’t even do 4K most of the time despite being advertised as a 4K console.

Anonymous

The fan on the Pro sucked, my thermal paste melted, and it broke. Fuck Sony. / 10.

Anonymous

I put it behind my TV.

Anonymous

No. The Pro was easily out done by a modest GPU in its time and the original PS4 was behind old GPUs when it came out as was the Xbox. 360/PS3 weren’t fairing much better and neither are the current ones outside of pandemic prices fucking up the average.

PS2/GCN/Xbox were at a time where PC gaming was becoming accessible so for their price they weren’t bad. PS1/N64 and SNES/Genesis were the same. NES PPU had an advantage of over PC at the time and was more affordable, that was really the last time.

Consoles are really suppose to be about value, since 16bit on most were made with pretty off the shelf parts and usually older hardware some where at their core. They use to be a cost effective alternative to PC which outstripped them forever afterward. However Gen7 creeping up prices and making more and more paid services afterward has rather ruined that.

WiiU was the last console that really held true to the idea of a cheap game box. But well it was the WiiU.

Anonymous

The Wii U still had a dumb gimmick controller to jack up the price. One of the things that keeps me from buying a Switch is when I remember not only is 1) the hardware overly expensive because of a mobile screen I don’t want and 2) demand keeping it from ever having a price drop, but I’ll also have to buy a fucking real controller on top of that.

Anonymous

>I’ll also have to buy a fucking real controller on top of that.
          You got me there, that is the real hidden price on Nintendo is all the shit you end up needing with them. And yes Switch I find to be rather uncomfy without at least third party joycons, which then make it kinda huge.

Anonymous

I played bloodborne on it for about 200 hours and then it never saw the light of day again.

Anonymous

No but it doesn’t matter since skilled developers can make impressive looking games with good optimization even with weak hardware.

Anonymous

I still can’t believe people actually bought this. Not only that, people *expect* pro consoles now. Fucking consoomers.

Anonymous

it was pretty underpowered and got mogged by the xbone x but it was essential for PSVR and a few multiplats. the ps4 exclusives ran perfectly fine on the regular ps4

Anonymous

>want to play MGS collection
      >Requires PSNow
      >Oh I get it, maybe they’re ps2 and psp games and there’s no compatibility, I accept that
      >Let’s check MGS4 that came out in 2008, yeah it’s old but it’s for ps3, it must be compatible
      >Requires PSNow
      What the fuck were they thinking

Anonymous

are you fucking retarded

Anonymous

google/youtube a bit about ps2 and ps3’s architectures and you’ll find out why

Anonymous

PS4 isn’t backwards compatible, and I guess Konami never bothered porting MGS last gen.

MGS collection is the PS3 port. PSNow lets you play some PS3 games but you’re just streaming it from something that actually runs PS3 games.

Anonymous

So does that mean any ps3 only game is stream only with no download option? I’ve never tried the service so how it functions is a mystery to me. They claim you get to pick so I take it the choice is on a game by game basis.

Anonymous

Forgot pic

Anonymous

PS3 games are hard to emulate, you can either stream with PSNow or wait for a possible remaster.

Anonymous

it was pretty good but ultimately the shitty hard drive and SATA 2 bridge held it back

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.