What game has the most insufferable fanbase?

Home Forums A haunted junk yard What game has the most insufferable fanbase?

• This topic has 173 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 96 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

What game has the most insufferable fanbase?

Anonymous
      Anonymous

most fanbases are insufferable by default

Anonymous

spbp

Anonymous

This, the minute you brand yourself as a "Fan" you’ve hit the point of no return. Just enjoy what you’re going to and don’t make it an obession just because the garden gnomes tell you it’s cool to be brainless.

Anonymous

Pretty much this. It still perplexes me that people can’t understand the difference between liking something and being a fan of something.

Anonymous

it wasn’t always like this but reddit and discord have turned any fandom into pure cancer.

Anonymous

Smash followed very very closely by Fire Emblem

Anonymous
        Anonymous

>A bunch of dime-a-dozen coomers are almost as bad as the largest collective of unwashed pedophiles and entitled manchildren in the entire hobby
        Only a smashfag would believe this.

Anonymous

>>A bunch of dime-a-dozen coomers are almost as bad as the largest collective of unwashed pedophiles and entitled manchildren in the entire hobby
          I don’t even know which is which. FEfags are the one tanking their own game’s sales if they don’t show enough teenaged cleavage and jacking off to scantily clad children.

Anonymous

>teenaged cleavage and jacking off to scantily clad children
            3 houses has none of that and is the highest selling one to date though.

Anonymous

Wtf I love fire emblem now

Anonymous

fortnite, and all of its clones and games like it

Anonymous

Not really?
        The battle royale genre is barely talked about nowdays, not even Fornite is relevant. The only times I hear about Fornite is when there’s a thread dedicated to posting Chun-Li’s Fornite ass.

Anonymous

>br isn’t relevant on my incel board so it’s irrelevant
          if only you knew what the most popular games are

Anonymous

any modern competitive shooter

Anonymous

[…]

True, leftists are insufferable.

Anonymous

Educated people? Inbred trailer-trash is insufferable.

Anonymous

>Indoctrinated midwits
          FTFY

Anonymous

>W..w..what? Someone dared to critique my political side?!?!….REDNECK INBRED HILLBILLY BIGOT RACIST HOMOPHOBE /poo/ NAZI

Anonymous

Pokemon and Smash
      Nintendo in general although there’s fanbase within Nintendo that are less annoying than others

But if I had to pick one, Smash

Anonymous

Nintendo fans

Anonymous

If its popular and easy enough to potentially have more secondaries and beyond and you’re not invested in it its those fanbases. It doesn’t matter which it is, its usually hits those criterias.

Anonymous

Alright, which nignog attacked a cop this time?

Anonymous

I dare you, compare it to the switch and see what happens.

Most fun you can have on Ganker.

Anonymous

I’m confused, will the SteamDeckfags get angry or will the Nintendofags?

Anonymous

yes

Anonymous

SteamDeckfags have nothing to be angry about other than >Q2

Anonymous

If you play your cards right with how you word the bait, both.

Anonymous

It would be pretty cool to have but I’m not too sure how well it can runn most of my library, I haven’t looked into the specs and all that. Beats having a smaller library and getting games I already own onto the switch. It’ll definitely be nice to have when traveling though

Anonymous

Persona by a landslide.

Anonymous

They look fun to be around

Anonymous

I have never seen any gameplay of Persona on Ganker ever. I’ll peek every once in awhile and it’s nothing but text, waifus, and waifu fanart. I genuinely thought it was a dating VN with slice of life until someone mentioned dungeons at some point.

Anonymous

3 onwards is just 3D SMT with shittier dungeons.

Anonymous

Black Yosuke, Black MC, and Black Kanji are based af

Anonymous

undertale/deltarune

Anonymous

this. Most fanbases are insufferable, but these ‘people’ are also all faggots, trannies, and furries, which means they win by a lot

Anonymous

Tendies

Anonymous

Smash
      FFXIV
      Omori

Anonymous

Smash shit floods the board and Omori is another pretentious muh feelings indie game, but I don’t really see XIVfags pooping up the board beyond having some kind of micro war with the jannies.

Anonymous

>I don’t really see XIVfags pooping up the board
          You are blind, then. Guaranteed pseudo-general up at all houjrs of the day when there’s already a board for that shit pile.

Anonymous

They’ve got new information coming out or something because of a new release. Besides, have you ever actually used Ganker? It’s a clique-y shithole where discussion goes to die. Saying we need to move more video games off of Ganker when it’s already used by newfags like a mix of 9gag and reddit is totally moronic.

Anonymous

Now they do. They dont always have something worth discussing coming but they do always have 3 fucking threads to just avatarfag on Ganker.

Anonymous

>3 fucking threads
                I only ever see one, maybe two. Usually because the first one is a stealth thread to avoid jannies. People do this all the time for various games.
                Honestly, who gives a shit so long as it’s an actual vidya thread and not HE’S IN SHE’S IN WHO’S IN NEVER EVER GETTING IN or some form of recycled "board culture" that permeates the catalogue at all hours.
                Threads with generally small IP counts tend to get bumped off because of the fucking spam.
                This board is so goddamn garbage and only gets worse every year, but there’s no better alternative.

Anonymous

as a XIVfag I absolutely agree that the xiv fanbase is obnoxious as shit
          sure we got new info coming but once a single faggot even mentions world of warcraft, it’s 600 replies full of the typical "us vs them" shit flinging off topic bullshit
          I fucking hate Ganker XIV threads, but the Ganker ones are even worse

Anonymous

>Omori
        How?
        I barely see any threads about omori on Ganker, and if there is a thread, the shitposters are usually ten times more obnoxious than the fans because they won’t shut up about trannies
        If you’re talking about Ganker, then know that every general on Ganker is shit by default.

Anonymous

Smash bar none. Maybe Deltatroon since smashlards are finally dying though.

Anonymous

Smash is pretty bad, but I think snoy brand worshippers are the worst.

Anonymous

Hollow Knight

Anonymous

sony

Anonymous

uncharted/tlou fags

Anonymous

Undertale
      Pokemon
      Nu yakuza

Anonymous

Smash bros are fucking cancer

Anonymous

Guild wars 2.

Anonymous

Good games have players, shit games have fanbases.

Anonymous

>bring up legitimate criticism
      >FILTERED FILTERED FILTERED
      Rain World fags are somehow even more obnoxious than Soulsfags.

Anonymous

filtered

Anonymous

genshin

Anonymous

>Why aren’t you playing Genshin Impact anons?

I thought there was a general for Genshin and FGO? It’s the same damn thread every damn day.

Anonymous

On Ganker Quake for sure. They never pass up on an opportunity to bitch about how other games ruined FPS forever.

Anonymous

Not even a quakefag but when your games have the highest skill ceiling around, and you’re actually a competitivefag, everything else is gonna seem like a downgrade by comparison.

I get their complaints, and some of them can be fags about it, but genuinely they have a reason they bitch.

Anonymous

This is a strangely worded post because it’s like you seem to think quake has a high skill ceiling

Anonymous

Not him but name a game with a higher skill ceiling
            inb4 its a knuckle dragging melanoid who plays fighting gaymes or worse smash, I’ve seen the tournaments it’s literally all diverse folk.

Anonymous

Monster hunter
      Dark souls
      Undertale/anything tobyfox makes
      Smash
      Breath of the wild in specific
      Minecraft players when you actually interact with them. Otherwise they stay sequestered in their own little hobbit hole.
      Any normalfag wigger game like Fifa, Madden, Forza, cawadoody, or Halo.

Anonymous

so… all people ?

Anonymous

Most people. gaming was better when it was a niche not invaded by the masses of open walleted normalfags.

Anonymous

everything that gaming was still exists, steam is flooded with 90s style games
            but you want games to be improved by big money interests while still catering to your niche. you’re the problem because you won’t support the things you claim to want.

Anonymous

Genshin, FFXIV, Hollow Knight and Melee

Anonymous

Silent Hill has to be up there with some of the worst.

Anonymous

pmfags

Anonymous

all valve games

Anonymous

Titanfall 2

Anonymous

t. Slow

Anonymous

Any game from Fatlus

Anonymous

it’s still mobilefags who play gacha all day and ruin the industry

Anonymous

Crusader Kings 2 but they’re the insular sort who only become insufferable when anyone has a complaint about the game.

Anonymous

Paradox fans in general are insufferable because they do nothing but gobble up Paradox DLC cum. At least have the decency to pirate it.

Anonymous

Sony and Tendies, anything Blizzard-related.

Anonymous

Anime, sony.

Anonymous

Dark Souls and FROM SOFTWARE games in general.
      Any criticism is met with "git gud", even though the games in of themselves aren’t hard.
      All you literally have to do to beat any of those games is wait, roll and parry/block, then hit the enemy a few times before taking some distance so you can repeat the process ad nauseam.
      They are not a test of skill, reactionary or otherwise, they are a test of patience.

Anonymous
      Anonymous

Snoys. They go out of there way to shitpost the most. Also up there is Botwfags who can’t handle a micro-ounce of critisism.

Anonymous

The game… of life

Anonymous

Undertale.

Anonymous

Undertale is just girls and girl enablers… Anything from the nintendo jrpg ghetto is worse imo.

Anonymous

Which game has the best fanbase?

Anonymous

Either Zelda or Smash

Anonymous

I can’t believe no one mentioned sonic. Tho it’s probably more cringe than annoying..

Anonymous

Sonic is one of the better ones… Lolcows galore and capitalizedquoteposting, could be worse.

Anonymous
        Anonymous

People play the game?

Anonymous

Amogus

Anonymous

I usually avoid fanbases, they’re bound to have complete retards and "celebrities" in them. Just playing the game and moving onto something else just works fine for me. I don’t know what makes people act like weirdos but I’m just glad I keep to myself. Discord, Reddit, Twitter, Ganker and some other sites are full of them.

Anonymous

Snoys, because they’re everywhere. Single game fanbases are more contained, and you can avoid them to some degree. Snoys are like the pollution in city air.

Anonymous

FFXIV
      Melee
      Disco Elysium
      Yakuza

Fanbases that I’ve found surprisingly tolerable on here:
      Fortnite
      Deltarune
      Sports/Racing games

Anonymous

Undertale/DeltaRune, Nintendo games(especially Smash) in general except for like Kirby, Kingdom Hearts, any game made by Hideo Kojima

Anonymous

Smash
      Skyrim "players"
      Sony fans in general

Anonymous

The fanbase of any ‘hard’ game. They are egotists who don’t even enjoy the games as they played them, they just like being able to say that they beat it. So whenever anyone brings up a legitimate criticism, they cover their ears and yell "git gud" repeatedly, because if the game is called broken or unbalanced they see that as an assault on their accomplishment, as it would not be pure skill but abuse of the game mechanics that got them through it.

Anonymous

anything this man touches becomes complete cancer. FF9 is the only good post-FF7 game because Nomura literally had nothing to do with it.

Anonymous

>ctrl+f
      >no mention of Castlevania

Sure, maybe their autism doesn’t necessarily reach out beyond their own threads, but talking to CV fans as a CV fan can be such suffering but you have particular groups that are so fucking obnoxious about their favorite game versus your favorite game, which puts everyone on edge so everyone is obnoxious about it, all just because these fucks can’t be even remotely objective or honest in discussions.

I don’t look into the indie scene at all, but I’m under the impression that a lot "metroidvania" game developers take at least some inspiration from SoTN, which if you’re not into, is probably annoying for the rest of you.

Anonymous

>no mention of Castlevania
        because the Castlevania community is generally pretty alright?

Anonymous

Hollow knight

Anonymous

Outer wilds

Anonymous

Caves of Qud
      It’s not even a competition

Anonymous

Any indie game with a reputation for being "harder than dark souls!1"
      It’s like some people genuinely believe that statmaxxing on the part of the developers is some kind of accomplishment so they frequently get into dick waving. The thing is, the hardest dicks tend to be the smallest.

Anonymous

team fortress 2

Anonymous

I’m not gonna lie. I hate any fanbase that has fun and is generally happy in discussing their game.

Anonymous

Nu Male’s Sky by a landslide. Don’t believe me? Say something bad about this game on twitter or reddit and prepare yourself for the influx of seething troons and faggots raging.

Anonymous

goyim impact

Anonymous

any game Gankertards latch into like lampreys

Anonymous

Dead By Daylight easily. If you’re coming at me an hour later in my dms spewing copium from the match you’re off your meds. These aren’t even the people bitching to play by their gimped rules which is a whole other level of faggotry

Anonymous

Natural Selection 2. Good riddance you worthless losers.

Anonymous

Go on I’m curious

Anonymous

anything that frequently posts on reddit, redditors are the insufferable ones.

Anonymous

Any anime game has a fanbase that makes me cringe… Their "sly" "insidious" comments about how asians are best people is fucking retarded. Europeans are the master race and everyone knows it, especially asians, which is how their cultures structured themselves as they are today – which somehow weebs dont know.

Anonymous

Any game with an official discord

Anonymous

It’s not even close. Literally ruined the whole franchise for discussion. If you try to talk about Fallout now all you get is a bunch of pink haired reddit faggots bitching about every game except this one, the worst one.

Anonymous

>most insufferable fanbase?
      Souls and all Blizzard games

Anonymous

Definitely the Metroid one.

Anonymous

lets go brandan

Anonymous

Minecraftfags especially when they act like they’re any better than fortnite
      >muh best game ever!!!!!

Anonymous

omfg dude….lol paging dr.mario ur secret gf wants to have lunch

Anonymous

>if you like something you’re a brainless garden gnome
      the shit i read

Anonymous

Pokemon.
      It’s not remotely close.
      All fanbases have insufferable cunts that will defend and shill no matter what happens, but Pokemon takes both ends of the extreme to unprecidented levels.
      It’s the only fanbase where the overwhelming majority will not only turn a blind eye to mediocrity, but actively defend their series moving backwards in quality despite infinite funding.
      I have never seen a group of people so hellbent on defending their corperate overlords who so obviously hate their guts and actively seek to undermine everything they ask for.
      No other franchise needed its own containment board to house the sheer amount of grown men in their late 20s and mid 30s that argue over which fictional ten year old has the smelliest farts. An asylum designed to let literal children argue with grown men over which batch of scrimblos are the best because it was the batch featured in their first game in the series.
      No fanbase on this planet is more tone-deaf, vitriolic, and jaded to having basic standards for their hobbies. And I say this as a Pokemon fan.

Pokemon fans are a type of terminal cancer that cancer itself worries about contracting.

Anonymous

Among us with all the RED SUS SUS SUS SUS IMPOSTER shit.

Anonymous

Ganker

Anonymous

You think this is a game?
        A game has a failure state. Otherwise it’s not a game.
        If you’re posting here, you’ve already achieved failure state.
        Thus the game is over and, for most of us, has been over for years.

Anonymous

Wrong, being banned is the failure state.

Anonymous

Being banned is a disc-read error.
            It has to be cleaned and you get to try to play again after.
            And it gets cleaned (for free).

Anonymous

Being banned is a disc-read error.
          It has to be cleaned and you get to try to play again after.
          And it gets cleaned (for free).

Cute, I need to play twewy 2.

Anonymous

Wait, are you talking about life in general or the game game?

Anonymous

Uh huh, sure faggot.

Anonymous

Nintendo franchise, with few exceptions, tendi to attract the most insufferable people

Anonymous

Smash fans are the only ones I’ve had the displeasure of meeting in real life and living up to their online reputation.

Anonymous

This anon means they smell terrible.

Anonymous

Any fanbase where people care more about waifufagging than the game.

Anonymous

This is every japanese game made in the last 15 years. Threads here are just image dumps with lewdposting.

Anonymous

I’m tired of diverse folk.
      I’m tired of dealing with diverse folk.
      I’m tired of looking at diverse folk.
      I’m tired of smelling diverse folk.
      I’m tired of pretending I care about diverse folk.
      I’m tired, tired of diverse folk.

Anonymous

Metroidfags are the worst. The Dread shilling on this board has been absolutely pathetic. Also, Super Metroid is by far the most overrated piece of shit of all time. The way they overrate that pile of garbage is embarrassing.
      Not to mention Samufags are by far the most autistic waifufags on Ganker.
      If all of them were rounded up and shit Ganker would improve 200%

Anonymous

anything anime related

Anonymous

Im seeing post about Metroid when all I’ve seen in those threads is actual discussion or fanart of samus. What kinda shit are you faggots attacking about?

Anonymous

Rust has one of the most cancerous fanbase I’ve ever seen.

Anonymous

Say anything bad about DeS/DaS1/DaS3 and they’ll react as if you personally cursed all their family to the seventh generation

Anonymous

But everyone but nostalgiafags knows DS2 and DS3 are far better than DeS and DS1.

Anonymous

Danganronpa

Anonymous

Nintendo and Persona fans, by a huge margin. Then Final Fantasy coming in 3rd

Anonymous

Hollow Knight fans have become outright cancer. Competent indie devs seem to attract the worst people.

Anonymous

What happened? Hollow Knight is one of my favorite games but I never interacted with the community.

Anonymous

they think their game is the pinnacle of Metroidvanias and will shit up ALL Metroidvania threads to "prove" it.

Look at them pooping up all the Dread threads

Anonymous

they are like that retarded kid on the playground that won’t stop shrieking about their pokemon, when really it is just a dead ferret they have been carrying around for a couple weeks.

Anonymous

steamfags
      nintendofags

Anonymous

FF15
      Hollow Knight

Anonymous

The rhythm game fanbase, by far. A fanbase so ‘muh skerit club’ that you can’t even get access to playing the games without either being in these clubs or finding someone to help you set up these games

Anonymous

Smash, post-persona 3 fags, genshin tards (alonside most gachafags), soulsfags, etc. Snoys, tendies and meme zealots in general tend to shit up any place

Anonymous

Smash

Viewing 96 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.