What is the best Sea based video game Ganker

Home Forums A haunted junk yard What is the best Sea based video game Ganker

• This topic has 202 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 69 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

What is the best Sea based video game Ganker

Anonymous

Barotrauma

Anonymous
          Anonymous

thanks doc

Anonymous
        Anonymous

fpbp

Anonymous

Can someone explain to me why I get so uneasy when looking at anything sea related? Just looking at this picture makes me uncomfortable. I really dislike big mechanical objects in the sea like huge ass ships and submarines. If I was in the middle of the sea and a huge cruise ship would stop to rescue me, I would probably die of a heart attack

Anonymous

I don’t know. I grew up on the water so its never given me a moment’s pause.
        I was always more spooked at the thought of lamprey in the great lakes.

Anonymous

Why the fuck is this post so funny to me? I’m going to chase you round the world in a big catamaran.

Anonymous

>I’m going to chase you round the world in a big catamaran.
          you’re from strayaland aren’tcha?

Anonymous

I take genuine offense at that accusation. Fuck those sunny cunts.

Anonymous

Phobias are inherently irrational. There’s no way to explain it.

Anonymous

Is your cat’s name melanoidman?

Anonymous

how does this image make you feel?

Anonymous

Fun fact, if the sub let out a sonar ping it would kill that diver. They’re loud enough to rupture your organs if you’re that close.

Anonymous

Not if you’re reasonably far away
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCmyZYYR7_s

Anonymous

>follow another link from the comments
              >some autist can tell what kind of ship and where it is from the ping alone
              amazing

Anonymous

Some of those naval sonar operators can pick individual ships out from others of their line by the particular noise their screws make.
                If I was ever fuck you rich, I’d get a cruise ship, or old oil rig in the northern pacific or atlantic and the biggest speakers I could find and just blast metal to fuck with the russian and american subs hiding under the ice cap.
                https://youtu.be/yyw0xeOwVd0

Anonymous

>It’s metal, FOR FISH!
                  >yeah! Fish don’ts gots no goods metal to listens to!

Anonymous

Good thing pings on military subs are an immediate way to tell every other ship in 200 miles where you are and generally avoided to do.

Anonymous

because open waters and giant things barreling towards you are inherently scary.

Fuck you both, I’m not even opening that shit. The thumbnails already make me uncomfortable. I remember doing that campaign mission in BF4 where you had to go inside a huge hole on the side of a ship. I literally could not finish that mission and the campaign

Anonymous

Bro, a container ship is bigger than most buildings you will enter in your life.

Anonymous

I got to see HMS Queen Lizzie when it was in Rosyth, how can you not marvel at it instead of being in fear of it?

Anonymous

WHAT DOES THE REDDIT FROG HAVE TO DO WITH THAT?

Anonymous

because open waters and giant things barreling towards you are inherently scary.

Anonymous

I went salmon fishing in the fog one year and when we looked up a Halifax-class was just silently and slowly passing by. Scariest shit I’ve ever seen

Anonymous

at the end of the day the sea is not the realm of man, simple as

Anonymous

you were kicked out of the sea once, remember?

Anonymous

I knew someone from elementary school that was afraid of the Titanic coming down her street and killing her.

Anonymous

Fucking Titanic cunt!

Anonymous

Same reason that pictures of planets can cause fear and anxiety. They are incomprehensibly huge, mysterious objects sitting in the black void.

Anonymous

>tiny nork sub

Anonymous

They still use diesel subs with tech from the 60-70s because they can’t afford anything better, only a few of their submarines are even capable of missile strikes

>574419024
        Watch tutorials on Youtube, worked for me

Anonymous

Arn’t Diesal subs still more stealthy overall? Even with all the nuclear sub tech

Anonymous

Not at all. Sonar, both active and passive, is based on sound waves vibrating through the water. Diesel engines are loud as fuck underwater.

Anonymous

Thats what batteries are for, it’s why diesels have to surface which is a disadvantage granted.

Anonymous

>those windows
          kek does this sub even submerge?

Anonymous

It’s a Russian-designed boat from the 50s, the windows are a free-flooding control station for running on the surface in foul/cold weather. Lots of Russian designed subs seem to have them

Anonymous

>Lots of Russian designed subs seem to have them
              Russian ports are mostly dog shit and they spent a lot of time in the north Atlantic. Vodka and soviet collectivism can only keep you so warm.

Anonymous
        Anonymous

A manlet did it after his gf got preggo by another man

Anonymous

?did what

Anonymous

those planes are hideously ugly from every angle

Anonymous

stealth tech has always been hideous, but the VTOL garbage was the cherry on top of it

Anonymous

Wasn’t there that sub game on the 3DS? steel drivers or something? That was pretty fun.

Anonymous

steel diver, yeah
        very underrated launch title

Anonymous

Spamming EEEEEEEEEE with Ganker and nips was fun

Anonymous

Dangerous Waters.
      I like Cold Waters with EM too. No idea about old sims.

Anonymous

Wasn’t Kursk the prided comunist submarine which imploded some years ago? kek

Anonymous

War on the Sea is cool

Anonymous

Has the AI been improved? Wanted to buy it but apparently the AI sucks.

Anonymous

The Tokyo Express Mod is trying to improve it but its still retarded enough to just clash their own ships against each other so you are forced to keep ship collisions for the AI off

that reminds me, any soviet campaigns for Cold Waters yet?

Epic mod adds them and much more, even playable surface ships

Anonymous

aight, thats a buy for me then
            since we’re talking bout cold war naval warfare, ya ready for the true successor for Jane’s Fleet Command? "Sea Power : Naval Combat in the Missile Age"

Anonymous

>Sea Power
              Developers said scripting is 50% done, but I doubt it will be out in 2021.They’re pretty based. Even fixed inaccuracies in their Alfa model

Anonymous

the sort of folks who wait for a sequel to one of Jane’s can easily to wait out another fucking decade, goddamn I haven’t heard that name uttered here.

Anonymous

>the crew putting a watch is animated as well

Anonymous
        Anonymous

that reminds me, any soviet campaigns for Cold Waters yet?

Anonymous

Play Epic Mod. It’s default mod for CW because it improves a lot. Especially AI. You can even try playing Kirov. Though it’s 1 vs battlegroup

Anonymous

Looks like bootleg SH3

[…]
        Bro…it’s fleet game

So like Battlestations?

Anonymous

In WoS you control surface ships, subs and planes, nothing with a level of detail of other games that concentrate on just one vehicle/ship type but its not simplistic either.

aight, thats a buy for me then
          since we’re talking bout cold war naval warfare, ya ready for the true successor for Jane’s Fleet Command? "Sea Power : Naval Combat in the Missile Age"

Yeah i’m pretty hyped about it, i didn’t like modern naval warfare but Dangerous Waters changed my idea.

Anonymous

[…]

Bro…it’s fleet game

Anonymous

>watching the Down the Rabbit Hole video about that UK sub disaster

Anonymous

Critical Depth

Anonymous

That was a fun Twisted Metal but underwater game.

Anonymous

Silent Hunter 3 with a couple of tasteful mods is easily the best.

Anonymous

There was some pretty cool and autistic game about subs during WWII. It was MP and you and your team had to manually handle everything on your own. Does anyone remember the name of it?

Anonymous

wows

Anonymous

>spend all that time in the spring trying to get gud or at least git not-shit at WoWS
        >apparently the summertime was when the developers and the community lost their shit with each other and the crisis over the direction of the game has never been this bad
        what a waste of time

also no one even bothers talking about this game even here
        all the military historyfags on these boards must only be army and not naval history if even World of Tanks got at least a tiny bit of attention

Anonymous

wargaming is kind of a black sheep here, never really figured it out why. maybe because of its aggressive grinding, ludicrous p2w and shitty community

Anonymous

unironically russkies
            monetization and grind is just as bad or even worse with Gaijin, which boggles the mind

and no this isnt some kind of knock on slavshit, they seem to have a polar idea of game development affected by the understanding that everyone is gonna try to pirate the shit out of any game they make anyway, so they either work on passion projects with all the soul and/or jank associated with it or squeeze as much money as they can through other means

Anonymous

The devs are convinced submarines should be a thing despite almost nobody wanting it, even admitting themselves years ago the game simply wasn’t made for it.
          As if to reinforce it, the submarines have homing torpedoes. Good luck playing any BB that’s slow

Anonymous

The irony is that the stealth torpedo ambushing of capital ships niche is something already done by destroyers in this game, which makes submarines superfluous
            they should have done it so torpedo ambush is harder to do by destroyers, so submarines can properly monopolize the role, with more numerous/damaging unguided torps

destroyers would then have a picket role and their torpedoes more for area denial than offense

Anonymous

I unironically like it. Even if it’s f2p. Ships are hot, gamepaly is fun if you’re not comitative. But future submarines will kill all fun. What the fuck are they thinking?

Anonymous

No one in the community seems to pick up on the trend of the developers running out of ships to come up with developing for sale and releasing to whales with infinite money to burn
          there’s only so many historical blueprints to make and now they’re cranking out shit made up of whole cloth

but submarines are a whole new class of ships to start creating and releasing more ships for and even if the gameplay is piss it’s still new gameplay and new art and whatever that they can show off as new shit for the game

Anonymous

not really. they are running out of ships for the nations which are preferred by the main audience, like germany. italy had the largest fucking navy of the axis but still has only two branches, because the big dough comes from autistic wehraboos who want more fantasy super battleships

Anonymous

Still a good game, despite the overpowered subs and destroyers.

Anonymous

Good things about WoWS: it has my boatfu Jean Bartest.
        Bad things: holy Jesus, did game went to shit.

Anonymous

you cant get it anymore cause it was too popular

Anonymous

Just buy black version))))

Anonymous

Silent Hunter 3 would get my vote.

Anonymous

Why 3 and not 4?

Anonymous

Mostly because of GWX mod I suppose. 4 butchered map tools too. But you can get GWX like experience for uboats in SH4 with KSD. It’s slav mod that was translated not so long ago.

Anonymous

I’m playing Submarine Titans right now.
      It’s an RTS from the year 2000. It’s easy to compare it to Star Craft and Age of Empires, and it’s not quite as good as either of them in terms of gameplay, but damn if the sprites and the music isn’t comfy.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99Xn9V0LFZk&list=PL0C694D99607407C9&index=6

The late 80’s to the early 00’s had all of this great underwater stuff at the fringes of mainstream culture. I think it was almost entirely fueled by James Cameron’s obsession with the ocean, filming his movie Abyss underwater which released in ’89 and later the Titanic, and I think even funding some of Dr. Robert Ballard’s Titanic wreck exploration, but you got stuff like Seaquest DSV which was Star Trek on a submarine, the Brain Powerd anime from Tomino, which was Gundam underwater, and then I’d say stuff like Super Metroid with Maridia and the entirety of MGS2 also tapped into that vibe. Metroid in general has a feeling like you’re underwater, with a lot of the aliens resembling sea life even outside of the water areas. Idk I feel like there’s more I could think of if I put my mind to it, but you also had, in the early 00’s a bunch of games set on beaches, Mario Sunshine and Wind Waker being two big examples.
      Interesting to think about these trends.

Anonymous

How do I git gud at dangerous waters?

Anonymous

Read manual bro and watch youtube tutorials for basics, obviously. You play with RA mod right? You should if not.

Anonymous

Yeah, I play with RA, trying to complete the tutorial missions
          I’m stuck at the "kill the virginia with flight 3 688" because I get counter-detected without a slim chance to get a first shot off

Anonymous

Command: Modern Air Naval Operations

Anonymous

>Changcheng 361
      lol

Anonymous

Stormworks, it just got a weapons DLC

Anonymous

Holy kino. Now I will buy their game.

Anonymous

fuck I remember this and that sounds based

Anonymous

the new weapons are awesome but the vs. AI mode is fundamentally unplayable atm, so only check it out if you’re a design autist, or just want to do rescue missions but with machine guns

Anonymous

>rescue missions but with machine guns

Anonymous

>Stormworks, it just got a weapons DLC
        holy shit time to reinstall

Anonymous

Everytime I play Silent Hunter 4 or U-Boat and dive my sub I get fucking chills the moment I lose sight of it under the waves in the external camera. But it also makes me want to volunteer for sub service. Something about it is so horrifying but appealing

Anonymous

OH NO NO THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF THESE FUCKING COMMIES LMAOING AT THESE DEAD CHINKS AND DEAD RUSSIAN MUTTS

Anonymous

Thresher
        Scorpion

Anonymous

I don’t get it? Is this another Amerimutt vs Ruskiemutt shitflinging thread?

Anonymous

Probably OP wanted to make it that, but then everyone started to talk about vidya, so he posted this

OH NO NO THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF THESE FUCKING COMMIES LMAOING AT THESE DEAD CHINKS AND DEAD RUSSIAN MUTTS

to try and derail it.

Anonymous

Probably. But maybe anon didn’t know about those subs since it was before 2000. But I always think about how spooky Thresher sinking was thanks to transmission log. Do people even feel pain when such pressure kills them? Or it’s instant.

Anonymous

>Or it’s instant.
              Its pretty quick. You’re having the equivalent pressure of several sky scrapers hitting you all at once.
              The shitty situation would be is if you were behind the pressure bulkhead, and all the air in the sub collapses into a fraction of the space, driving up air pressure enough to blow out your ears, and then spend hours or days waiting for the air to run out, or a spark to blow the over-oxygenated air.
              If you want an idea of what happens to the human body under pressures like these, look up the byford dolphin accident. Some deep divers were in a decompression tank when a seal blew and the people inside were turned into chunky salsa, or extruded through pipes and valves.

Anonymous

Byford dolphin was because every one was tired as fuck and one guy opened up the door when he shouldn’t have, the equipment didn’t malfunction, unless you count the design being flawed that let them open it even when it was unsafe.

Anonymous

Regardless, it shows how fast and terribly a pressure differential can turn you into marinara sauce.

Anonymous

Boзмoжнo.

Anonymous

um basedo departmento

Anonymous

Tiny little NK penis.

Anonymous

Carrier Command 2 or Iron Wolf

Anonymous

DCSfag here, how realistic is a run of the mill US carrier group being almost invincible in open waters? i feel those giant VLS missiles shooting down small AShMs is a little big unrealistic

Anonymous

Don’t hypersonic missiles alone already render them useless?

Anonymous

Depends on what you choose to believe. Chinese and Russian fire bvr fire control is virtually non existent, which makes stuff like these hypersonic ashm limited by the capabilities within the battle space. Since they’ve never actually been used it’s hard to say how effective they’ll be

Anonymous

Here’s german sciencefu to tell you why hypersonic missiles are mostly just international dick waving.
          https://youtu.be/fTEhG8zzftQ
          While it would be hard to track on ground radar, it would be super obvious on infrared.

Anonymous

isn-t the whole point of hipersonic missiles the raw speed and kinetic energy they carry? basically an anti tank kinetic penetrator but on a large scale?

Anonymous

Good luck intercepting them.

Anonymous
            Anonymous

even without knowledge about anti missile tech i can tell that intercepting a ballistic trajectory is much easier than intercepting a match 7 missile flying at low altitude, they are covered by earth’s curvature and they fly at 2 miles per second aproximately, detecting them is the least of your concerns

Anonymous

The question is are those hypersonic missiles actually fly at low altitude at such speed? Judging by all available information in internet you can’t just fly low at hypersonic speeds.

Anonymous

i don’t see why not, despite what the MIT commies say, the hypersonic missile doesn’t needs to fly forever, it only needs to fly for 30 minutes, and it doesn’t need to land either so structural integrity is a non issue, i assume that those billion dollars are going into fixing the issues regarding speed so even if they can’t fly that far yet, they will eventually.

Anonymous

I thought the whole idea it was moving so fast it doesn’t matter if you detect it.

Anonymous

But AShMs are pretty fucking big.

Anonymous

>Chancheng
      >CARBON MONOXIDE LEAK
      AHAHAHAAH
      CAN’T MAKE THIS SHIT UP

Anonymous

>long hard pole full of seamen

Anonymous

Dying in a catastrophic submarine accident sounds horrific.
      Explosive decompression outright grinds you into paste, massive pressure that you’ll never survive, buried deep under miles and miles of water

Anonymous

That’s not the worst, you’ll die instantly. The worst is to survive initial decompression and wait for help that will never come. No men deserves such thing

Anonymous

>survive initial decompression
          how

Anonymous

So lets say you’re under water. You’re in a pressurized can that doubles the atmospheric pressure on the outside every 10 meters or so you go down.
            Inside the sub the air is kept at a comfortable 1 atmosphere.
            So if you have a situation where you’re at 90 atmospheres, and you loose hull integrity at one end of the sub.
            The air inside can’t go anywhere, and it is more compressible than water. So now all the air in the sub only inhabits 10% of the hull where it reaches an equilibrium with the weight of the water.

Anonymous

they probably have guns to an hero

Anonymous

Its probably the most instant death you can imagine, you’d feel nothing.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
        Anonymous

>that green shirt guy
        on a scale of 1 to 10 how soiled do you think his underwear is in that moment?

Anonymous

kek

Anonymous

Skycancer took this from you

Anonymous

Soon…railguns will come…just few centuries and artillery duels will come back on menu. But missiles are still sexy.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
        Anonymous

Everything made by Rheinmetall looks like SF kino

Anonymous

Battlestations: Pacific.

Anonymous
      Anonymous

unpopular opinion but
      [spoiler] world of warships [/spolier]
      does it have issues? yes
      but is it fun? maybe[/spoiler]

Anonymous

>лoшapик
      LMAO

Anonymous

Former TM from a US fast attack ask me anything retards

Anonymous

One of my best friends was a nuke, how jelly would you be of him?

Anonymous

Never ever. Being a nuke sucks. They work 80 hour weeks inport. First on and last off in every situation. They make good money when they get out though.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
        Anonymous

I heard the one thing the navy was good at was feeding it sailors. They say airforce was good at food but it was always just local stuff

Anonymous

Gotta keep morale up any way you can.

Anonymous

It makes me wonder how a submarine can keep enough food onboard to stay supplied enough to be away from base for months as a time

Anonymous

Americans must always be eating.

Anonymous
        Anonymous

A big boat

Anonymous

Judging by U32 documentary being cook on the submarine is pure hell. But amount of beer and snacks they have on the boat made me keking. Goddammit Germans.

Anonymous
        Anonymous

That’s neat! Thanks for sharing, anon.
        >A pool
        >Sauna
        >Lounges
        >Aquarium
        Blowing my mind

Anonymous

>commands on of those dangerous boats in human history
        >only gets a few dollars a month
        Shit, I would had paid the man loadsmoney to paint my shed

Anonymous

>only gets a few dollars a month
          Comrade Captain might not get paid as much in money, but you get considerations with the shit the state appoints you.

Anonymous

It was the Soviet Union, the money was worthless since you’d have to be on a waiting list for anything expensive. At least with his military position he was on the short list for veterans so he didn’t have to wait ten years for his Lada.

Anonymous

Soviet Merchant Marine was where the money was.
          They would be the guys bringing back Western luxuries such as chewing gum, coca-cola and jeans.

Anonymous

HOME

Anonymous

Silent Hunter 3

Anonymous

Critical Depth

Anonymous

Silent hunter 3 with GWX mod

Silent hunter 4 with Trigger Maru mod

Anonymous

>WoWS is dead now
      >WT naval is trash and shoved aside by devs
      its over

Anonymous

>WT naval is trash and shoved aside by devs
        it’s very slowly getting better
        and as WoWS dies due to dev incompetence, that’ll be the only alternative, so hopefully Gaijin will allocate more resources to their Naval mode

Anonymous

>Gaijin will allocate more resources
          lol
          kek
          lmao

Anonymous

They did for tanks once it got more popular than aircraft.

Anonymous

they still garden gnome out on tanks sometimes

speaking of tanks, i wonder how buggy will the digging mechanic will be at launch, like when they enabled destruction for bombs

Anonymous

Uboat with last update is good too but still in EA. If they will keep deliver similar updates and more sim things Uboat on release will be GOTY .

Anonymous
        Anonymous

HATE WHALES

Anonymous

Fuck ’em

Anonymous

>hunting ship for hour during max fog can’t see shit weather
            >it’s whale
            Eat ’em

Anonymous

>hunting ship for hour during max fog can’t see shit weather
            >it’s whale
            Eat ’em

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZokoYsDDoI

Anonymous

Can you imagine being in a sub and looking out the window? That shit has to be horrifying.

Anonymous

Especially on a clear day

Anonymous

Just stick your head out the window and look for torpedoes its not hard

Anonymous

>itty bitty Indonesian submarine sinks, 53 die
      >gigantic Russian sub has aa fucking explosion in the torpedo room and the entire sub sinks to the bottom of the ocean
      >only 118 die
      Either they pack them in tight in Indonesia or that Russian sub was the Galaxy class of submarines.

Anonymous

>or that Russian sub was the Galaxy class of submarines.
        It literally was. Typhoon class had an indoor swimming pool, a gym, a sauna, a mess hall equipped with arcade machines, and a recreational room.

Anonymous

What does it smell like on board a submarine?

Anonymous

Bump. Seafaring and submarine games are underrated.

Anonymous

das b00t

Anonymous

Warship gunner, 1 and 2, both are awesome

Anonymous

Listen to this man, because he’s very smart.
        Warship Gunner 2 is one of the greatest games ever made.

Anonymous

BAROTRAUMA!

Anonymous

Barotrauma

Any fun solo? I know it has bots and whatnot.

Anonymous

depends
          can you have fun throwing a frisbee to one end of a field and then walking over to it, throwing it back to where you originally stood, and then repeating this?
          if so, yes
          if not, then get a group and play it with them, or try random matchmaking if you like being hit with 3 fentanyl shots by a clown called cumsniffer the moment you spawn in

Anonymous

>ctrl+f
      >ecco
      >no results
      For shame.
      Ecco: The Tides of Time

Anonymous

>cause to be determined
      Wasn’t that the North Korean sub that got caught in a South Korean fishing net?

Anonymous
      Anonymous

Boats?

Anonymous

Wish she had more outfits. I love what an annoying bitch she is.

Big titty botes better tho.

Anonymous
        Anonymous

>taco tuesday in the mess

Anonymous

hey CIA diverse folk watcha doin’?

Anonymous

The main point of hypersonics is that it fills a gap. It used to be that you had defenses against slow-ass cruise missiles that can maneuver and then you had defenses against fast-ass ballistic missiles that can’t maneuver.
      Now there’s a hypersonic missile that is still pretty fast but now can also maneuver. Cruise missile defenses can’t intercept something that fast and ballistic missile defense can’t intercept something that can maneuver.

Anonymous

I’m not sure if defense against ballistic missiles is effective. I mean look at damn the speeeeds. It’s probably just some sort of damage control.

Anonymous

silent hunter 4 with a banjo

Anonymous

God I miss Steel Diver: Sub Wars. Great multiplayer.

Anonymous

Just curious, but can destroyer IRL intercept wake homing torpedo like in Cold Waters? By taking her in his own wake from target.

Viewing 69 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.