What is your HONEST opinion on this weapon?

Home Forums A haunted junk yard What is your HONEST opinion on this weapon?

• This topic has 80 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 30 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

What is your HONEST opinion on this weapon?

Anonymous

Crusaders crossbow but for engie
      Objectively the best, but it’s fun to play with/against so it’s fine where it is

Anonymous

engie has good primaries that are not the rescue ranger though
        >stock shotgun and panic attack are still shotguns which kill good if you land your shots
        >widowmaker is just stock with an infinite magazine if you can kill good once you’re built up
        >frontier justice revenge crits let you assassinate anyone you can get the jump on
        this is nothing like the medic, who gets the comically bad stock syringe gun, the syringe gun sidegrade of blutsauger, and the overdose which is considered an upgrade because it gimps the weapon’s practically-useless damage for the awesome utility of being able to GTFO better.

Anonymous

>useless damage
          have you used it? it surprisingly rapes people (11~ damage per shot) especially since people dont expect medics to do damage at all
          backwalk and shoot, and look at the scouts face as he gets annihilated every time
          i honestly dont like going crossbow because of the shit damage it does, you have to rely on melee to get out of situations

Anonymous

I prefer the boomstick but nailing spies to wall with this is pretty fun too. I switch between these two constantly.
      Remember when the Pomson wasn’t completely useless?

Anonymous

I thought it was weird that Pomson at release was an objectively better Righteous Bison when both Engie and Soldier use the same shotgun.

Anonymous

SPY BRAPPING MY SENTRY

Anonymous

cringe weapon, fuck engineers

Anonymous

I like it

Anonymous

Remember when it used to not need metal to repair buildings? What were they thinking?

Anonymous

In Valve’s effort to make all weapons have the same value they eliminated everything special about them.

Anonymous

dumbasses complained about it being too good in nonstandard situations, but also it ignored the wrangler repair nerf.

Anonymous

it was too good, though

Anonymous

Other than specifically ignoring the wrangler repair nerf, no, that is massively overstated.

Anonymous

>that is massively overstated
              engie is a very delicate class to balance, on release the rescue ranger basically offered long-term building healing, which basically neutralizes any kind of splash damage that can seriously harm the engie if he is near his stuff, without any downside whatsoever

Anonymous

cowmangler go brrrrt

Anonymous

>you need to go back to spawn and change your primary weapon only because somebody on the other team is using a specific loadout

ewwww, no

Anonymous

>Shoot the dispenser and then shoot the sentry twice
                    Oh no, so broken uwaaaah!

Anonymous

most of the times, dispensers are well hidden from splash unless the engie does not know what he is doing

Anonymous

>using the cow mangler for sentry busting
                  Go be stupid somewhere else. Use the DH or stock or demo.

Anonymous

>ignoring two of the three main limits on building repair (proximity and metal)
              >not busted

Anonymous

Very valuable weapon to use in MvM

Anonymous

I’d argue the Widowmaker in MvM is the top pick, if you are into aggressive playing that is

Anonymous

I’d argue the Widowmaker in MvM is the top pick, if you are into aggressive playing that is

I like going battle engi with two mini sentries if I’m the second engineer. The FJ is much better in that case since you get pretty much never ending free crits. The only reason WM is meta is because it can tankbust but it’s not even supposed to give metal back when you hit tanks.
        They should give engi’s shotguns a damage upgrade if you have the gunslinger equipped like how demo’s swords get a damage upgrade if you have a shield.

Anonymous

I respect it but cant stand using it because an actually-usable shotgun is integral to how I play engineer.

Anonymous

I, too, play engineer as scout with sentry

Anonymous

Sad because I can’t warpaint it or the eureka effect, for some reason

Anonymous

Useful for sentry jumping, but I like a real gun when defending myself (stock shotgun).

Anonymous

Very powerful. Often the objectively correct choice, especially if you can rely on your team to keep you out of one on one fights. Not as much fun as getting to pop scouts and spies on your own though.

Anonymous

hate spys

Anonymous

i guess its useful but the damage is garbage
      the shotgun is already the only real damage you have, if you sacrifice it for even more utility then what the fuck do you have
      >pistol
      why would i use this over the wrangler, also its shit compared to the shotgun still

Anonymous

>why would i use this over the wrangler, also its shit compared to the shotgun still
        it’s useful when going battle engi

Anonymous

[…]

I hope you know everyone has filtered your dumb ass by now
      I’m only seeing it because this is a new browser

Anonymous

unironically how the fuck am I suppose to use panic attack as engi?

Anonymous

Shoot people up close with it.

Anonymous

It’s fine

The main balanced changes needed in TF2
      >Sniper rework, idealy just making him not be able to headshot at point blank
      >make Heavy more fun (nerfing sniper will help with this)

Anonymous

I love standing next to my dispenser and pumping my sentry with bolts from across the map while ubered heavies/demos/soldiers waste their invuln and their ammo hopelessly unable to out-DPS my HPS

Anonymous

Genuinely overrated gun only promoted as the meta because the dumbass youtuber man feels smart when he uses it.
      Even before the metal use nerf.

Anonymous

best engie primary, love it

Anonymous

I used to main Engineer because I actually liked tower defense simulator and being with my fellow engiebros who have each other’s backs but every time I play him these days I get this gross feeling of being affiliated with Uncle [[Started in 2013]] Dane. It fucking sucks, man.
      I just play Medic now.

Anonymous

you have terminal Gankerfaggotry due to being unable to associate with things you previously liked simply because someone you dislike also likes it

Anonymous

That kind of mindset is genuinely pathetic.

Anonymous

>disliking something just because someone else likes it
        you’re even cringier than uncle [remove random crits] dane

Anonymous

>What is your HONEST opinion on this weapon?
      "Some lame fag put a sentry ON TOP OF the bri-"
      Your Sentry -> Dumb Zoomer

Anonymous

I have like 400 hours in game and I don’t think I’ve found one yet

Anonymous

One time I came back to TF2 after a break, had a real good game of dustbowl last that ended with offense finally overcoming our last, and ended things off with a last-ditch attempt to save my sentry before going down; saw red aura in the killfeed, but I woulda died anyway. Went to team chat all ‘aaah, well, gg… except that guy who crit me at the end ;)’

Immediately got called a retard in chat ’cause rescue ranger marks you for death when hauling buildings. Which… yeah, it does. Whoops. But for some reason just that instantly branded it THE CRINGE RIFLE in my mind, and I haven’t been able to stand using it ever since.

Anonymous

did the game coordinator just go down for anyone else?

Anonymous

they game’s been getting DDOS’d for the past several days supposedly

Anonymous

yeah, but I could at least queue for matchmaking until right now

Anonymous

Could someone clear something up about that? Is it a bot that actually joins the server and then does the DDOS? Or is it done externally by an account not currently in the server as a player?
          If it’s the latter, then kicking wont do anything.

Anonymous

A bot joins the server and if you try to kick it, it forwards the IP to a DDoS master to start spamming requests from slave nodes. This is different from the last time game servers where bots were abusing an exploit to flood the gameserver with game commands.

Anonymous

Isn’t doing a DDoS extremely costly to the person doing it (not to mention illegal)? How are they bankrolling this?

Anonymous

Current theory is that it’s tf2 youtubers pooling money to do it

Anonymous

>Current theory is that it’s tf2 youtubers pooling money to do it
                  For what purpose?

Anonymous

Because Valve still haven’t pushed ALL of their house rules shit that they think is best for the game onto everyone else. Same reason Canklestrain literally runs his own servers but still gets his fans to spam the SPUDs demanding nocrits being the default

Anonymous

Ignore the schizos on a crusade against random youtubers.
                    The ones responsible for the bots are literally just script kiddies on a power-high because they can abuse an old game that has been functionally abandoned by its developer. They like to make people upset to get a reaction (many of the bots feed back chat messages to them so they can read people getting angry).

Anonymous

Script kiddies do not have the resources to pay for ddosing.
                      Why the fuck do you thing the Ghettoddos last time involved exploiting in game commands and immediately got fixed if a bot was successfully removed from a match

Anonymous

Script kiddies aren’t exclusive to actual children or teenagers. There are tons of sad and lonely adults out there with enough disposable income and free time to do this.

Anonymous

Genuine question, are you actually aware of the sheer magnitude of how expensive it is to DDoS several hosts internationally?

Anonymous

It makes more sense for it to be 1 or a few wealthy people bankrolling this than some kind of conspiracy than every tf2 youtuber is in some kind of agreement to kill the game they make content about.

Anonymous

Literally all of them do the same shit where they intentionally antagonize their viewerbase because they don’t want to make tf2 videos but know they aren’t good enough to carry a channel on their own. It isn’t even that "big" of a conspiracy. It’s literally a single private groupchat’s worth of people.

Anonymous

How much money do you think the average youtuber makes? Especially niche game youtubers like tf2 youtubers?
                        I’ll give you a hint: not enough for a mass DDoS attack even if they did all conspire to kill the game by pooling their money together.

Anonymous

According to just the twitch leaks it’s easily in the 30k mark.
                        And that’s JUST twitch revenue.

Anonymous

>twitch is the same as youtube
                        >every tf2 youtuber is also a successful twitch streamer

Anonymous

Yes, retard, there’s literally a button IN TF2 SHOWING THAT.

Anonymous

>they only make tf2 videos because they can’t carry a channel without tf2
                        >that’s why they’re trying to kill tf2, so they won’t have any content to carry a channel
                        Did you think about this at all before you hit post?
                        I think your tinfoil hat is on a little too tight.

Anonymous

If they kill interest tf2, then there won’t be demand for tf2 videos

Anonymous

Yeah, that’s not how that works.
                        If they can’t carry a channel without tf2 while tf2 is alive, they can’t carry a channel without tf2 while tf2 is dead. If people aren’t caring about whatever non-tf2 content they’re putting out, that’s not going to change just because tf2 is dead.

Anonymous

>DDoS extremely costly
                I ran a DDOS on some college servers for a project demo in college using the lab computers. Its not complicated and you can buy computer space pretty cheap.

Anonymous

Is it possible to turn a profit in mann up outside of scoring a professional killstreak kit or australium?

Anonymous

i think like, a specialized rocket launcher killstreak goes for 5 bucks on the market

Anonymous

>did three missions of 2C in a row today with zero hiccups even after having a tacobot dude in one of my teams
      >all my previous drops have been good too

lads, i am getting worried here… i am having too much of a good time in MvM recently…

Anonymous

sounds like you’re about to get a killstreak shooting star kit and a specialized killstreak big kill kit fabricator

Anonymous
      Anonymous

there are tf2 youtubers IN THIS VERY THREAD

Anonymous
        Anonymous

they could be YOU
        they could be ME
        they could even b-

Anonymous

the gas passer mvm autists may actually have a point
      I remember the halloween mvm being really fucking hard in the past but now it feels pretty easy

Anonymous

the gas passer doesn’t make the game easy (except where there’s a bunch of crit boosted mini robots like in wave 666) but it does make it horrendously boring after 5 minutes of throwing the gas can and watching the robots blow up. all valve needs to do is change the damage to like 100 or something so it turns into the "wipe out a group of scouts" weapon instead of the "wipe out legions of heavies" weapon

Anonymous

Great for when you have to turtle up and cant roam with a shotgun.
      But people who only use it are trash and don’t understand how strong the stock shotgun actually is.

Anonymous

It’s neat, but at the end of the day, I find myself going more and more stock engi. Having a real shotgun is great, pistol is still good for spy checking and pecking at enemies, and stock wrench does the biggest heals which is very noticeable during a serious push, and it’s infinitely better for handling spies.

Viewing 30 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.