what shooters have the worst case of guns firing like they were like pic related for no reason?

Home Forums A haunted junk yard what shooters have the worst case of guns firing like they were like pic related for no reason?

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

what shooters have the worst case of guns firing like they were like pic related for no reason?

Anonymous

shotguns in every fps ever

Anonymous

>every FPS ever
        every arcadey FPS ever. shooters like insurgency or rising storm have actually op shotguns

Anonymous

>play insurgency
          >shoot dude with a shotgun
          >he had body armor
          >he just blasts you with his assault rifle
          Shotguns are a meme.

Anonymous

you can consistently one shot armored targets at good range tho

Anonymous

And so can they one-shot you, except they have semi-auto guns with 30 round mags and can just clickety-click you away while you are racking the slide.

Anonymous

It’s insurgency tho. Everything can one shot. If they didn’t die to buckshot within 40m then more than likely I just made a bad shot and should be punished

Anonymous

>Everything can one shot.
                  Yeah but not everything can have fully automatic fire and a 30 rounds mag. Hence shotguns are not "OP".

Anonymous

they are op compared to other shotguns tho. most shooters meme shotguns so hard that it’s criminal turning the pellets into confetti past 10ft

Anonymous

Well, shooters like CoD will often require assault rifles to hit you 3 times regardless of range, while shotguns one-shot up close and don’t lose accuracy when moving.

Anonymous

Heavy armor in insurgency can require 3 hits or more from anything less than 7.62 nato while you maintain 1 pump possibilities with the shotty within optimal ranges

Anonymous

Doesn’t AP ammo completely counter it? As a warrior of Allah you get a free AK, slap AP on it and nothing escapes your wrath.

Anonymous

No armor and distance both affect damage reduction. Armor is flat damage reduction while distance is progressive. Although looking at it now it seems like the damage reduction values basically mean that every rifle caliber is a 2 shot to the torso/stomach through heavy armor unless you are very far away so I was slightly off.

Anonymous

get slugs, shotgun with slugs and a scope is a better sniper rifle than the dedicated long rifles. Shotguns are kinda a joke but you can do well with them and they will kill an unarmored player in 1-2 pellets

Anonymous

>play insurgency
            >Mossberg wit da ghost ring sights and da slugs
            >one shot dudes from 100m away

Anonymous

based hunting shotgun
          puts fear in the eyes of GI hundreds of meters away

Anonymous

The spead in video game shotguns is the most retarded shit ever. It’s never not been retarded. I have never played any game with a shotgun that has depicted it accurately.

It so fucking weird.

Anonymous

Stalker SoC

Anonymous

This pretty much. Not using ironsights were more helpful however.

Anonymous

I remember saying this like 9 years ago and everyone gave me shit.

Anonymous

Stalker fanbase is something else, yeah.

Anonymous

As much as I loved the Stalker games back when I played them, the bullet dispersion and drop was ridiculous. It’s like I was firing lethal BBs than actual bullets, and saying "they’re old beat-to-shit guns scavenged in a nuclear wasteland" isn’t enough of a justification.

Anonymous

there is no dispersion or bulllet drop in stalker
          the game literally just calls rng tables to decide if your bullet hits the target or goes through it. you can even watch the tracers go through enemies and not do anything

Anonymous

nigga what, i used to ricochet rounds to hit things around corners

Anonymous

"hit_probability_gd_novice/stalker/veteran/master" is for NPCs using the weapon, not the player.

Stalker’s projectiles are fully modeled with an initial spread, minor trajectory twists while traveling, the worldly 9.81m/s gravity, and an air resistance constant that slows the bullets over time, as seen in the weapons.ltx file.
            Plus there is a simple surface-contextual system that can penetrate some materials depending and cause ricochets off of certain surfaces like pavement at shallow enough angles depending on the round, losing a relative amount of velocity and energy with each ricochet.
            You can literally watch a pistol round tracer skip down a street like a rock on water in Stalker.

Anonymous
          Anonymous

thats not the starter pistol, to be fair.

Anonymous

>Spends 500 times trying to do this
          >Still gets fucked over by SoC’s shitty ballistics during the second kill

Anonymous

>literally holster your gun
            >talk to the commander and pay 500 rubles as a bribe to pass
            >come back later with an exosuit and revolving gl launcher

Anonymous

>paying jar-heads your hard earned money
              >not just going through the opening in a fence and waltzing over the tracks

Anonymous

hes not taking my money, hes investing it for me

Anonymous

>paying jar-heads your hard earned money
              >not just going through the opening in a fence and waltzing over the tracks

>do blockade commander’s quest and give him the upgraded fort-17 pistol
              >bribe and pass by
              >kill all the guys at the gate to the garbage
              >turn around and kill the guys at the blockade with the superior weapons from the garbage gate squad, take the upgraded fort-17 back
              Yep.

Anonymous

You took 4 shots. 1 of them was clearly aimed perfectly and failed to connect. This was a cherrypicked example from somebody defending the game and he only had a 75% success rate.

Anonymous

>1 of them was clearly aimed perfectly and failed to connect
            This is no CoD. There’s no laser-accurate pixel shooters in the game.
            Ever handled a handgun IRL? Missing vitals of a man-sized target, by several feet @ 15 yeards is far more likely than what vidya and films let you believe.

That’s the experience and balance system of STALKER. Don’t like it? Don’t use handguns and git gud.

Anonymous

>Spends 500 times trying to do this
          >Still gets fucked over by SoC’s shitty ballistics during the second kill

Nigga just go around. iirc there is a derailed train to the right of that that lets you pass if you’re willing to eat some radiation.

Anonymous

melanoid, i remember this webm getting posted. know what happened? this faggot edited some files to fix the shitty bullet mechanics.

Anonymous

Pretty much every online shooter that has LMG’s. A bigger, heavier gun shooting the same round (like an M249 vs an M4) should have less recoil, not more.

Anonymous

battlefield until 5

Anonymous

This. I swear the snipers in bf1 literally just lobbed bullets out

Anonymous

To be fair, BF1 snipers were so damn good at its job its a shame hilldiverse folk couldn’t understand that and did a shit job while using one of the easiest guns in the game
          But I’m glad they removed that OHK mechanic

Anonymous

My firsttime playing Arma3 and discovering that even sniper rifle bullets aren’t magical lasers that go straight for kilometers

Anonymous

Ghost Recon Wildlands/Breakpoint have literally paintball speed bullets.

Anonymous

E.D.

Anonymous

Poor old rk95 🙁

Anonymous

sisu drove over it 🙁

Anonymous

eiku häväriä tekemään

Anonymous

Meillä sai yks tyyppi esapekkaa vastaavasta Kajaanissa.

Anonymous

Eikö tää jääny lepardin tornin väliin?

Anonymous

Can’t believe no one said CS, you literally have to aim at toenails to score a headshot if you don’t burst.

Anonymous

You aim anywhere but player model.

Anonymous

Soulful obfuscated game mechanics

Anonymous

this is why you only use the shotguns

Anonymous

This looks like bullshit. There’s no way Deagle has such horizontal spread when just walking.

Anonymous

lol lmao

Anonymous

this is csgo.

Anonymous

Yes, I can see that. What about it?

Anonymous

I dont understand this game

Anonymous

The person in that video has his crosshair set to static, normally it widens to show your inaccuracy. He shoots while moving and slightly off the ground which drastically lowers your accuracy, he gets unlucky and the bullet happens to land on his teammate’s head in the cone of fire. The only reason it looks stupid is because of the static crosshair setting

Anonymous

is this rng while moving supposed to be fun? I tried playing it but didn’t liked that, most people just crouch around and camp because moving gives this big penalisation

Anonymous

Remember that CS fags have been the loudest ones who keep crying that "ironsights slow down the game" as they have to stand perfectly still, crouch and wait half a second for their crosshairs to tighten enough to ensure an accurate enough shot to hit a guy a few feet in front of them.

Anonymous

Do people still play Source?

Anonymous

This. Gun play in CS is cancer.

Anonymous

This. Gun play in CS is cancer.

The cursors in CS is a reference point, it’s not supposed to denote where your barrel is pointing.

Anonymous

CSGO if you continue to bend it at a 90 degree angle

Anonymous

Rip in peace sweet princess.

Anonymous

Reminds me when our driver tipped over 30 milj missile battery with his truck

Anonymous
        Anonymous

game?

Anonymous
        Anonymous

finally realistic momentum implemented in gun barrel physics

Anonymous

looks like my penis when I’m trying to take a wiz in the morning

Anonymous

reminder

Anonymous

>hitscan
        What exactly are bullet-based guns supposed to be if not hitscan? It’s not like you’re launching a rocket that actually needs a moment to reach its target.
        >worse spread while moving
        Yes, your gun’s accuracy gets worse the more you move, being the worst while you’re running. That’s how real life works.
        >muh powerups
        >muh rounds
        Wait, was this written by a fucking Quakefag? lol opinion discarded.

Anonymous

>What exactly are bullet-based guns supposed to be if not hitscan? It’s not like you’re launching a rocket that actually needs a moment to reach its target.
          Anon, I…

Anonymous

Unless you’re playing an autistically-realistic shooter where gunfights take place at really long distances, there is no reason to make bullet-based guns not hitscans. In a video game, when your enemy is standing just 20 meters away from you if not even closer, the fact that your bullet’s speed is, realistically speaking, not instantaneous and is affected by gravity is probably not that important. In such a situation, the only guns which should not be hitscans are guns whose projectiles are noticably slower than modern bullets fired from modern guns, like rocket launchers.

Anonymous

>7 years later
        >people are STILL falling for this

Anonymous

in Cold War every gun feels like I’m firing an airsoft gun with a silencer on it

Anonymous

What would happen if you shot that?

Anonymous

it has that safety cap thing on and the barrel is bent but the safety cap would blow because it’s meant for blanks and the barrel would break after a few shots if not immediately

Anonymous

You would have to set the sight all the way to 8

Anonymous

tarkov adding immense recoil to "balance" guns

Anonymous

counterstrike

Anonymous

hey fucker, are you here? the one who says you cant just run straight to the bar and if you help fight the boars off the guy blocking the gate lets you through?

Anonymous

>if you help fight the boars off the guy blocking the gate lets you through?
        i’m not that guy but this is true, you need to kill more of them than the duty guys though

Anonymous

some dude argued with me for like 3 hours that it wasnt a thing

Anonymous

Why are zoomies so delusional…

Anonymous

makes me wonder if he’s one of those people that never played vanilla and started with a mod that may have disabled it, since even on Ganker there are retards who tell people to install shit like ZRP for a first playthrough. Or maybe he’s just an idiot, there sure are a lot of those around here these days.

Anonymous

no he told me it was I who must of been playing a mod lmao

Anonymous

>must of
                >of

Anonymous

like i care about making an mistake on Ganker, get rekted grammerfags

Anonymous

ZRP does no such things.
              However, if you do not help Dooty by killing enough mutants, you don’t get a free pass.
              If the mod cranks up NPC accuracy and damage values, the guards can pretty much mow down the entire pack in seconds, leaving you no other choice than to either rush straight into the boar pack in order to aggro them before this happen, or pay the fee.

Anonymous

The guns in The Division. They would be way better games if the enemies weren’t bullet sponges.

Anonymous

Battlefield 4

Anonymous

Man they’re going to make shooting in STALKER 2 so fucking shitty. Thanks consolefags, thanks greedy fucking russian mafia

Anonymous

Monkey pawn at its finest

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.