what vn are you playing?

Home Forums A haunted junk yard what vn are you playing?

• This topic has 53 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

what vn are you playing?

Anonymous

Utawarerumono fucking sucks

Anonymous

Wrong

Anonymous

Cope, it’s horrible

Anonymous

No it isn’t

Anonymous

Which one?

Anonymous

🙁 but i rike it

Anonymous

Final Fantasy 14

Anonymous

reading isn’t a video game

Anonymous

>playing
      READING*

Anonymous

I read Muramasa and I enjoyed it.

Anonymous

Deciding on 9 nine or Baldr Sky. Muramasa was way too overhyped

Anonymous

I haven’t read 9 nine but I thought Muramasa was way better than Baldr Sky

Anonymous

>Baldr Sky
        Really liked the worldbuilding in this one. But it’s too long for its own good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlAeXj8mQ-E

Anonymous

Is muv-luv alternative worth enduring the first 2 parts that everyone says that they are bad?

Anonymous

If you don’t enjoy the first two parts then you probably won’t enjoy alternative, it’s really not that different from the rest as much as people say otherwise

Anonymous

>extra
          >alternative
          >not that different

Anonymous

They’re not bad, people just don’t want to commit to spending 10-15 hours reading a romcom. But I can tell you now it’s fucking pointless to read Alternative without the first two parts. If you’re in it for the action, there are far better places to go.

Anonymous

What the other 2 anon said, extra can be pretty short if you don’t do all the routes and if you’re not enjoying it at least a little by the time you are reading Unlimited you should probably stop.

Anonymous

Getting mentally accustomed to the peace through prolonged exposure is what makes the impact of alternative so grand.

Anonymous

So much this, so people disregard the effect of this, but I think it is really crucial ingredient of making the true substance of Muv-Luv to come through.

Anonymous

It’s not bad, it’s "generic" the first time you play it
        But most of it actually is foreshadowing so its worth it

Anonymous

I just finished Hanahira again, just to test my nihongo again. I finished it in 4 days or 30-40 min each, I could read a ton of lines without having to check a word, but then sometimes I’d have to check one word per sentence every sentence.
      All in all I may have improved but still not by much.

Anonymous

What JLP are you anon? Just curious

I haven’t read 9 nine but I thought Muramasa was way better than Baldr Sky

My problem with Muramasa is that it has really good fucking ideas but some parts of it were a real slog and it was becoming too fucking goofy to take seriously. the whole plot of god and the space battles, with Chachamaru turning into a robot turkey, and some of the worst h-scenes and robots turning into humans with pussies really can be stupid the best moments of Muramasa was Kageaki trying to do what’s best in a fucked up situation and gradually becoming more broken but stronger in the process. I felt like the story wanted to be more complicated and longer than it should have because it wanted to be smart. If Muramasa was just one long route with some of the key ideas from other routes then it would have been amazing for me. It’s a 7/10 for me which sucks because I really was looking towards this one. The flashback samurai fight was kino btw

Anonymous

jlpt? N4 I guess, when I try the N3 mock tests I always fail like half of it

Anonymous

>it was becoming too fucking goofy to take seriously
          This is the Law of Balance. The big parody to balance all serious business. Shitposting in VN format. Killing God, time travel for future expanded universe spinoffs, wall breaking jokes like in Hanachirasu. You need to ascend on higher level of existence to understand grand picture. It’s like re-reading EXTRA after MLA. Robot turkey looks funny, but only because she’s small and had no helm.

Anonymous

I knew it was hyped up before I read it so I expected a good VN and that’s what I got so I was satisfied it with it. A lot of the twists were fairly predictable after some foreshadowing, like Hikaru being in cahoots with Chachamaru, Chachamaru being a tsurugi and Kageaki being Hikaru’s dad. But there still were some moments that got me, mainly Kageaki overcoming the inability to kill Hikaru by using the Law of Balance as a loophole. The fights were really thick with samurai autism but they weirdly enjoyable, the 1v1 with Shishiku in Kanae’s route is probably my favourite.

Anonymous

Just finished Raging loop and it was very good landed on its face pretty hard towards the end though. Any recommendations with the same sort of atmosphere?

Anonymous

I finished 13 Sentinels, it was good I guess 8/10

Anonymous

I was reading Muramase but then I got distracted by Diablo 2 R and now FFXIV. It was alright so maybe I’ll get back to it but I’m not sure. I feel like I don’t have the attention span for VNs anymore and I used to read a lot of them.

Anonymous

>I feel like I don’t have the attention span for VNs anymore and I used to read a lot of them.
        I read Umineko for 5 years. Finally in EP8 now.

Anonymous

>vn
      >playing

Nigga you read it and press a button (or leave it on auto).

Anonymous

>Nigga
        Of course you would have a problem with reading Jamal

Anonymous

Right now I’m playing Riddle Joker

Anonymous

Snootgame
      Two Beast or Not to Beast

Anonymous

Sugar * Life, but I redownloaded Muv-Luv and Muv-Luv Alternative (fuwanovel release with Amaterasu translation).
      I’m getting serious nostalgia and emotional feedback from just replaying first scene with Sumika.
      It’s a fucking blast which I can not recall ever having from any other game.

Anonymous
        Anonymous

s-sauce…?

Anonymous

Muv-Luv. I inadvertently started Ayamine’s route. What am I in for?

Anonymous

None of the Muv Luv subroutes are good but Ayamine’s is legimately the worst.

Anonymous

Oh goddammit. Well, I’m gonna finish it anyway. I just felt that I didn’t have much choice after I went to the roof.

Anonymous

Its actually worth doing hers because of what happens in alternative. She is my favorite muvluv but her route is pretty lame.

Anonymous

All subroutes add something later on in the game but none of them are good and it’s frustrating because not only are they bad but they’re longer than the main route.

Anonymous

I love mubrub but I’ve never seen the sub routes

Anonymous

I love Meiya so much

Anonymous

Umineko. I’m on Episode 4 now and Umi is definitely long as fuck. I’ve had mixed enjoyment with it, 1&2 were a bit of a slog, but the ending to 3 completely caught me off guard. Episode 4 is killing me with the jumping around.
        >here’s the 4th game
        >let’s pause to look at ange in the future
        >now lets go back to the game
        >"I hate seeing maria and her mother happy!"
        >"I wasn’t unhappy here’s what my past was like!"
        >now lets look at ange in the past reading a diary to get a backstory
        >now lets jump back to future ange
        >then back to past ange
        >then back to past maria
        >then back to future ange
        >then finally back to actual game 3 hours later
        I also restarted Death Mark for Halloween, but I don’t think I’ll get far.

You’re getting the worst one out of the way early. Her entire route is her pining over some guy and at the last minute she decides she likes Takeru for no conceivable reason.

Anonymous

>at the last minute she decides she likes Takeru for no conceivable reason.

Are you dumb or did you just not understand the route?

Anonymous

Muramasa has just the right amount of sword autism for me. Loving it so far.

Anonymous

What part are you at

Anonymous

Chapter 5. I’ve been taking it slowly because chapter 4 nuked my brain with how kino it was. I just got to the end of the second duel between Kageaki and the bandit leader and it fucking slapped.

Anonymous

I’m not playing any right now

Anonymous

Utawarerono Prelude to the Fallen. I wish there were more VNs similar to Utawarerumono but I haven’t seen any with that kind of unique world, lore and characters

Anonymous

I’m replaying little busters and crying again

Anonymous

>its another vn thread
      >its another anime secondaries want to read source material but will drop it once their attention span reaches 0
      fuck off already

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.