WHAT WENT SO FUCKING WRONG IN EVERY POSSIBLE WAY?

Home Forums A haunted junk yard WHAT WENT SO FUCKING WRONG IN EVERY POSSIBLE WAY?

• This topic has 79 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 39 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

WHAT WENT SO FUCKING WRONG IN EVERY POSSIBLE WAY?

Anonymous

Pixar and baby-fied the series.

Anonymous

/thread

Anonymous

fpbp

Anonymous

Unironically this. Nu-Ratchet is a completelly different character from his PS2 self

Anonymous

His ps2 self was a total dick even his creators hated. In the first game more than the rest. Also he became a boy scout on PS3 not with the reboot. I know that’s not what you said but it seems to be what people like to claim.

Anonymous

I like poopyhole characters but he was a complete fucktard in the first game even if mellows out by the end. Doesn’t help that Clank doing that sad face is a bit too much sometimes.

Anonymous

It’s kind of been a creeping issue since R&C 3 where they made him a super hero.

Anonymous

pretty much, Ratchet is a fucking wet blanket in terms of character

Anonymous

His ps2 self was a total dick even his creators hated. In the first game more than the rest. Also he became a boy scout on PS3 not with the reboot. I know that’s not what you said but it seems to be what people like to claim.

It’s kind of been a creeping issue since R&C 3 where they made him a super hero.

It’s been a problem since the PS3 titles, but in the PS4 Ratchet "remake" (it’s more of a reboot, really) and in Rift Apart he’s just a completely different character.
        They got new writers who are clearly inspired by the likes of Marvel movies and Joss Whedon. Constant talking, constant quips, constant lolsorandom jokes because this is a family friendly title now and we wouldn’t want to offend anyone.

R&C used to have an anti-corporatist message, its setting was making fun of exploitative capitalism and profit at any cost. The new games are rounded at the edges, accessible to everyone, dumbed down and sanitized for a wide audience. It has become the thing it was making fun of.

Anonymous

>since the PS3 titles
          Since Up Your Arsenal you lazy illiterate fuckhead.

Anonymous

Up your Arsenal wasn’t as bad as Tools of Destruction where they approached design with the intent of making it feel like a Pixar movie.

Anonymous

Hard disagree. Reboot boy scout Ratchet is way closer to Crack in Time Ratchet than the latter is to PS2 Ratchet.
          Also the PS2 games were WAY more lolsorandom, quippy and Whedonesque. The humor in the new games is awful but it’s generic, not random. "This guy is nerdy so he references D&D all the time ha ha so funny". It’s brainless cartoon humor not random and quippy. But the original games had bite because they were going after things like consumer culture whereas the new ones just want to be straightforward and wholesome.

Anonymous

My real life friends say it’s great but I refuse to play a furry tranny game

Anonymous

The original games might’ve been furry but they were intensely based.

Rivet is for human men.

This.

Anonymous

OK but this game forces me to play as a gender bending LGBQDJCTCKAVR+ furry

Anonymous

That’s why you play the original trilogy where you play as a furry bro and his cool robot dude with no space vaginas inbetween.

Anonymous

Rivet is great and she doesn’t shove the fact that she’s a woman in the player’s face like any other game with a woman protagonist would do, she plays just like Ratchet and is equal to him, also you play as both her and Ratchet since levels are split equally between both character, sure you could argue Rivet gets to do the cool stuff but this was her introduction game and insomniac is really trying to push her so that’s to be expected

Anonymous

>she plays just like Ratchet and is equal to him
              That’s what breaks immersion though.

Anonymous

its as good as any previous Ratchet and Clank games gameplay wise and looks amazing, the story doesn’t hold up to the PS2 titles but that was never this franchise main strenght anyways

Anonymous

Im fine with it, they finally gave Ratchet a proper woman to settle down with and spend the rest of his life alongside with, now he can retire for good and make the many children he’ll have alongside Rivet the future protagonist of all Ratchet and Clank games, so its not all as bad as it may seems like

Anonymous

Rivet is for human men.

Anonymous

*Ratchet

Anonymous

*both Ratchet and Rivet

Anonymous

Ok we can agree there

Anonymous

Reminder that Rivet only fucks human men and that Ratchet is a homo that hates girls always ditching them for Clank every game.

Rivet SLAMMING her tight, soft, hot and furry Lombax Pussy into Ratchet’s Face at incredible High Speed

Anonymous

transwomen can’t make children

Anonymous

>Implying that’ll ever happen
        They’re good buddies, and Ratchet already has Angela and Talwyn.

Anonymous

Came with ps5 for me. 10 minutes in and 3 seizures later I had to unplug the fucking thing. Can’t stomach this flying particle fiesta

Anonymous

Nothing, the game was great? Unironically better than the ps3 games.

Anonymous

Reminder that Rivet only fucks human men and that Ratchet is a homo that hates girls always ditching them for Clank every game.

Anonymous

/double thread

Anonymous

Nothing. It’s just edgy basement boomers who whine about it not being edgy like it used to be when games were called (tee hee) Up Your Arsenal.

The game was fun, cute, beautiful to look at, technically impressive and sold well. The only problem with it was that it was way too short and even sidequest padding would have been welcome.

Anonymous

How dare fans of the series not support their games anymore when they warp into something completely different.

Anonymous

you already outgrew this game dumbass it isn’t for you anymore and you are delusional if you believe it would ever remain as edgy as the original PS2 games when so much as changed between now and then, stop giving two shits about a kids game and either appreciate the stuff that you can still like as an adult (like Rivet) or fuck off

Anonymous

Nobody cares if you don’t support the games any more. But the question was what went wrong. Nothing did. Good riddance.

Anonymous

Rivet will make Ratchet happy by spending the rest of her life alongside him while also blessing him with a bunch of beautiful babies Lombaxes so the series can continue with them as the main characters once they grow up and their parents settle down in the lombax dimension for the rest of their days

Anonymous

is it just me or is this series overrrated?
      i thought 1 was ok but i started playing 2 and all i do is hold down R2 and circle and just strafe back and forth till rooms are clear

Anonymous

They’re power fantasies for kids and young teens. The fun in them is getting a new OP gun and mowing everything down. They’re not meant to be rewarding challenges

Anonymous

Good Morning Rivet!

Anonymous

There will never be normal R&C threads ever again. They will always be infested by furfags and nu-furfags fighting over which side is more autistic (news flash both sides are subhuman). I have come to accept this awful reality.

Anonymous

Ratchet Rivet and their Beautiful children!

Anonymous

No one even plays the games, they just have rivet as their FoTM waifu and self insert as Ratchet using him as their fursona until they get bored and find another game. Any true fan knows the series peaked with the PS2 games and has went to shit with the PS3.

Anonymous

[…]

Rivet is beautiful and you just have shit taste, that’s ok im glad faggots like you are not able to drag the one good addition to the franchise down with your incessant bitching, she’s here to stay and that’s a good thing

Anonymous

Let’s talk gameplay.
      I have enjoyed every Ratchet and Clank game to some extent. The biggest problem at the moment is too many remote weapons. You can send out topiary sprinklers or groovatrons plus Mr Zurkons or doombots and kill everything without even getting close to them. I know you can just avoid this strategy but I’d prefer it not be an option.

Anonymous

Nobody wants to talk gameplay huh

Anonymous

THIS IS NOW A DOCTOR NEFARIOUS THREAD

Anonymous

He’s totally played out. Time for new villains. Rift Apart was actually a decent last hoorah for him

Anonymous

For me it was Vox.

Anonymous

why is he so cute bros?
        i just want to suck his robo cock

Anonymous

Eternal Reminder that they Bonk

Anonymous

Rivet and her human husband

Anonymous

>that size difference
        Absolutely based

Anonymous

I want to cuck nu bitchboy ratchet so bad bros…

Anonymous

Its always the Ratchetfags that get this butthurt over hmofa posting which is why we keep making said posts, I’ve never seen anyone get so triggered like the furfags here do.

Anonymous

More like it’s ONLY the Ratchetfags. Say Amy or Rouge are for human men and no one cares. Same goes for any other furry series EXCEPT post-RA Ratchetfags.

Anonymous

Making human/lombax hybrids with Rivet.

Anonymous

Pounding Ratchet’s tight ass while Rivet watches.

Anonymous

I played the PSthree version of the first game and it looked amazing (only issue was the Gadgetron vendor looking like shit) but I’m wary of the next ones now due to the Ratchet’s helmet floating over his head in cutscenes thing. Is it jarring?

Anonymous

If you’re watching for it, it’ll be obvious, but you can ignore it. Thankfully since you’re on ps3 you won’t run into the completely game destroying issue that happens in the vita version

Anonymous

Do you think Qwark ever got laid a lot?

Anonymous

Literally nothing. Rivet is perfect

Anonymous

I, AM, the human male.

Anonymous

Gunplay is the same and the rocket boots are great.
      The story and dialogue is the absolute nadir of the series catering to sanitised braindead baby Americans
      The game also feels shorter and the arena was gutted for le epic unique babby Zurkon quips.

7/10

Anonymous

not having David Bergeaud do the music

Anonymous

what the fuck is with rivit that makes HMFA closet furrys and Furfaggots go so crazy.

Anonymous

Fairly generic furry waifubait character.
        It’s an endless cycle of mental illness where both sides egg eachother on so they can pretend to be the victor of their tantrum fights.

Anonymous

The series has gone to shit so there’s nothing else to talk about except how much we want to fuck Rivet.

Anonymous

Why was Emperor Nefarious male?
      Why was Qwark a black man?
      Why was Clank losing his arm treated as some debilitating injury when he does nothing most of the time and can just get another one?

Anonymous

Because Jim Ward got Alzheimer’s and covid and the world hates us.

Anonymous

I am increasingly annoyed by these mechanical limbs in fiction. What’s the point of cutting off one of your character’s arms if you’re just going to replace it with something that is functionally the same and also never comes up in the plot?

It would be interesting to have an amputee character who actually suffers as amputees do. But no. It’s always just a costume, never anything more.

It didn’t used to bother me but it’s starting to. Mad Max did the same thing.

Anonymous

[…]

>Flat chested trash that has no feminine details outside of the eyelashes and fantards rely on Off Model Art to pretend she’s a bombshell.
      The lead artist and director wanted her to have a feminine body, but a couple of progressive snakes at Insomniac screeched until they decided to make her look like a tranny.
      No, really. I don’t have the picture on me but they both gloated about it on their twitters.

Anonymous

Well the male artist/writer/whatever gloated about it and slagged off the production leads as well, and this was after he tried to jump on the furry bandwagon as well. Seems like he virtue signals to get pussy. Also seems like he burned all of those bridges for SJW brownie points but the story got zero attention lol.

Anonymous

Angela ran away to a dimension with human men since only they’re big enough to satisfy her.

Anonymous

It’s sjw trash made by mentally ill feminist

Anonymous

>Nothing. It’s just edgy basement boomers who whine about it not being edgy like it used to be when games were called (tee hee) Up Your Arsenal.
      >
      >The game was fun, cute, beautiful to look at, technically impressive and sold well. The only problem with it was that it was way too short and even sidequest padding would have been welcome.

Anonymous

Good R&C games:
      Ratchet & Clank (2002)
      Going Commando
      Up Your Arsenal
      Ratchet: Deadlocked (my personal favorite)
      Tools of Destruction

Okay R&C games:
      Crack in Time

BAD R&C games:
      Ratchet & Clank (2016)
      Rift Apart

If I didn’t list it I didn’t play it

Anonymous

Nothing. Almost any PS5 user bought it. The problem is that over a ten millions units sold, only one million are real players, others are just scalpers.

Anonymous

it’s a well made corporate product for consumers just like junk food, it’s soulless and unhealthy compared to real food but it does the job of filling your intestines.

Viewing 39 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.