What went [spoiler]right[/spoiler]?

Home Forums A haunted junk yard What went [spoiler]right[/spoiler]?

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

What went right?

Anonymous

It is hard to fail when you make the same game over and over

Anonymous

And yet, somehow, this game is the second worst one of the lot

Anonymous

first worse is…? DoTO?

Anonymous

yeah

Anonymous

arkane being arkane

Anonymous

nothing.

Anonymous

/thread
        go bucked get broken
        every
        single
        time

Anonymous

Let me guess
          Too broke for sixty bucks?

Anonymous

>GET A LOAD OF THIS OLD FAG’S COPE
            HAHAHAHAHAA

Anonymous

>spend money on something that looks shit to prove you can afford it
            Do consoomers actually do this?

Anonymous
      Anonymous

Kicking people off ledges never gets old, no matter what the game is.

Anonymous

Literally the greatest video game of all time

Anonymous

Bonjourno Journalist

Anonymous

Interested to hear what you liked about it?
        It’s literally impossible to get a straight answer out of Ganker without idpol banter.

Anonymous

I’m just joking, I haven’t played it. I just thought posting that would make someone upset and it did.

Anonymous

>bad art style
      >annoying characters
      >ugly weapons
      >limited powers
      d1 and prey are still king

Anonymous

The game could’ve been a genuine classic, it’s got all the building blocks for it between fun mechanics, fun characters and interesting concepts, but the pacing and structure holds your hand too much, the AI is cheap, and there’s nothing rewarding for scavenging for its extras outside of its shitty lore. It carries the illusion of being unique and genre breaking but because of the way it’s designed it’s all as deep as a puddle. After a certain point it becomes way too easy, even though dying is somehow more frustrating than most roguelikes. Probably one of the most disappointing games I’ve played, not because I had expectations for it but because it showed genuine promise after the first couple hours before nosediving.

Anonymous

also I’m retarded when I said the AI is cheap I meant to say it’s just braindead and bad. Also the PC port sucks.

Anonymous

Not only is it offensively easy, it’s shallow.
        The time loop mechanic isn’t used well at all.
        The weapon and infusion system is a joke.
        The levels are all flat 2D and small with occasional side areas open.
        The level variety is hugely lacking, too.
        There’s only minimal characterization of anyone and maybe one page spark motes to find of their story.
        And then there is hardly and lore or secrets to find for exploring since everything is just trinkets that you get randomly anyway.

But the worst is justbhow straightforward and uncreative the assassinations are.

Still a good game and it does look nice and is way more polished than the usual Arkane game on release, but it’s not Hitman.

Anonymous

Prey Mooncrash was objectively better and more creative and I’m astonished they fucked up as badly as they did on what should have been an easy pitch.

Then again, the DLC is always the best part of every Arkane game, so here’s hoping Deathloop at least serves as a base for something super interesting.

Anonymous

If this game didn’t have black people in the cover it’d have been forgotten about already (not that people talk about it anymore but). Black people are literally being used as a marketing tool and they think it’s empowering. Imagine that.

Anonymous

Nothing wrong with black main characters as long as they’re not constantly like
        >MUH DIIIICKK
        >WYPIPO BAD MANE
        >MUFUGGA BITCH NIGGA BRUH

cope incel

Anonymous

only femcels unironically use the word incel

Anonymous

ill show tits

Anonymous

Go on…

Anonymous

Do it

Anonymous

Game is very boring and not good but the first trailers were nothing but showing that the main char was black. With a white character people would have been more hyped about this game

Anonymous

>intentionly sabotage your game by appealing to a racial market that simply doesn’t exist
      Very baffling. Did they learn nothing from Dishonored?

Anonymous

>-hey all our talent left and we are stuck with nothing but npc’s who can’t code! it’s impossible for us to make a good game
        >-don’t worry i know exactly what we need to do

Anonymous

Unless upwards of 95% of games don’t feature any overlap with groups you identify with, you’d have to be mentally ill to give a shit. You’d have to be even more unspeakably brain damaged to go so far as to not be able to even enjoy an individual game because of it. It may have hurt their sales to alienate dickless faggots like you, but it’s the right thing to do.

Anonymous

Most of these developers are parts of niche cliques on twitter etc and honestly think there is a huge market of browns and women who want to play FPS games.

Also doesnt help that instead of making their game look like a PS5 game they instead decided to spend all their time making it racially focused and voice record hundreds of hours of jive talking africian american vernacular

Anonymous

Arkane’s low IQ fanboys shilling this shit game 7/24. That went right.

Anonymous

DeathPoop

Anonymous

The amount of conversation about the game has subsided and we’re back to normal levels of shilling. So, that’s one thing that went right.

Anonymous

The blatant pandering is not the reason this game feels rushed and bad (even with a year long delay).

But it is the reason it will win GotY.

Anonymous

I actually really enjoy it so far. About halfway done. Invading people is fun as fuck, especially when you have the map knowledge.

>prox.mines all by tunnel entrances
      >set up turrets by visionaries
      >bum rush the fuck outta Colt w/ Havoc and Shift

Anonymous

It flopped

Anonymous

>What went right?
      No one expect consumerists in need of a dopamine hit bought tbis "virtue" signaliing melanoid garbage.

Anonymous

Played the game, liked it.
      Wish there was a bit more to it. 8/10

Anonymous

lol

Anonymous

>574399180
      return to /poo/
      not giving you a (You) btw. stay mad.

Anonymous

>What went right?
      Multiplayer, when it works, is great. The cat and mouse game of invader and hunter is super compelling and easily adds the challenge and planning that the base game AI lacks. The predictability of the static maps goes out the window as soon as another player is there moving around the proverbial dominoes so you can’t guess how they will fall anymore. Invading feels more like a fun challenge than an annoying hindrance because you do get a significant home field advantage as the player against the invader and the rewards

Sound design is excellent and you can easily identify direction and distance of a character by the sound of their footfalls, which ties in heavily to the multiplayer.

The style of the game is super interesting and the hot jazzy music, colorful locales contrasted against the arctic environment, and slick retro futuristic 60’s tech makes for a neat place to explore.

The gunplay feels good, even dual wielding, and for once there is no real punishment for inflicting all the chaos you can manage, but it still requires some planning or to be a fast and brutal hurricane of violence because both you AND enemies deal a lot of damage making combat quick and lethal with the constant risk of it spiraling out of control if you don’t land your shots or run out of ammo as you get outnumbered and have to retreat to change tactics.

There are absolutely things to complain about, but the core game is a lot of fun and worth a try, either on game pass or when it gets a big discount in a month like every Arkane game.

Anonymous

>Two kinds of people

Anonymous

Garbage game that solely relies on its multiplayer element(now dead) put about 2 hours into it before refunding it, the only people who like it suck black dick

Anonymous

Nothing
      Arkane haven’t made a good game since Dishonored 1.

Anonymous

The Dishonored 1 DLCs were fantastic and a wonderful refinement of everything good in the base Dishonored.

Dishonored 2 had great level design, even if everything else was lacking. The Clockwork Mansion and Crack in the Slab are particularly incredible.

Prey was a real immersive sim and one of the best in at least a decade with all kinds of neat and interactive subsystems, even if the actual plot was a bit meandering and lost steam half way through.

DotO was a bit of a dud in almost every way, but at least the Bank Heist was a really cool level.

Mooncrash was neat and a cool take on the roguelite with the multiple character system.

As for Deathloop… Yeah, it’s pretty weak. A fun little romp through an action flick but it’s just shallow and hand-holdy. Like Bioshock compared to System Shock 2.

Anonymous

I HATE BLACK PEOPLE

Anonymous

Deathloop? More like Deathspiral.

Anonymous

If they just made the AI not so stupid the game would be a 10/10. I shouldn’t be able to murder 3/4 of the people on the made with my loud ass exploding sniper rifle just because I’m slightly far away from them.

Anonymous

It’s especially funny that they went to the trouble of giving them "different personalities" you can identify by studying them and tagging them and yet every single enemy runs up to you ignoring cover, takes a full 10 seconds to line up a shot, and then slowly walks side to side while standing in the open and shooting. There are the machete guys too, but honestly they just serve to eat you bullets first.

Also, I haven’t seen it myself but a lot of people in reviews complain that performance tanks hard if more than 4 enemies are on screen at a time.

Anonymous

I completely forgot about the tagging system after the tutorial because I quickly realized what you just said, that every single enemy behaves almost exactly the same. So it is a shame that there are so many interesting systems and mechanics that feel underdeveloped.

Anonymous

>Also, I haven’t seen it myself but a lot of people in reviews complain that performance tanks hard if more than 4 enemies are on screen at a time.

Can’t speak for PC, but on PS5 at one point I probably fought 20 people at once in the furry’s dance club and didn’t see any performance drops.

Anonymous

It’s an Arkane game and I like Arkane games, though it’s not a very good Arkane game.

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.