What went wrong?

Home Forums A haunted junk yard What went wrong?

Viewing 57 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

What went wrong?

Anonymous

That fat fuck wanted money and the degenerates gave it to him.

Anonymous

I like the cringey stuff you guys post

Anonymous

Based ESL cringe enjoyer

Anonymous
          Anonymous

the fuck that wasnt a png

Anonymous

transgenderism

Anonymous

autism

Anonymous

Autism

Anonymous

It took itself too seriously and became a no fun allowed zone. Never forget that Bonesaw was banned for having fun.

Anonymous

This.

Anonymous

Yep this, i get that is a charity and needs sponsor and good behavior, but come on, no one can curse or say bad stuff because everything must be clean and nice

Anonymous

He did cause a Twitter raid on Delta airlines, everything else was fine but that could get the venue on trouble for harassment.

Anonymous

No raid on Delta happened. You’re a faggot.

Anonymous

this is SJW bullshit in a nutshell
            >get offended on someone’s behalf
            >they have no fucking clue what you’re talking about

Anonymous

Go to bed, GDQ staff member. Literally nothing happened.

Anonymous

cringe compilations made them become no fun allowed while they continue their money laundering

Anonymous

trannies

Anonymous

Greetings from Germany! Put this donation towards save the animals, let’s kick cancer’s butt!

Anonymous

Trannies and other attention whores. Speedrunning actually used to be a neat little moderately autistic hobby before they showed up

Anonymous

The event was taken over by people with an extreme political agenda who fed money to operations like medicale sans frontiers who helped pour illegal immigrants into europe, creating europes migrant crises. The original event operator was greedy in the first place so that didn’t help.

Anonymous

Extreme paranoia. Belief that they were some gigantic event that was truly attracting millions of viewers when I’d wager more than 30% of the people viewing at peak had it on as background noise, or simply had it forced upon them because twitch fucking autoplays front page streams lmao. Since twitch has stopped putting it on the front page constantly, viewerbase usually spikes with first and last days (When it IS on the front page) and drops to like 50k otherwise. I think it’s been lower since it’s become online only but I mean, to be expected.

The paranoia though, they’re so worried that a runner will say or do something bad that they take extreme measures. Bonesaw isn’t "shadowbanned" by their own admission, but they crop him out of couch photos for PR? They reject every run he submits even when he was a fan favorite?
      How about the ban on werster for asking people for their hotel keycards before he left? They’re demagnetized, and the hotel themselves said "it’s not a big deal" but gdq swore they were going to face legal action because of ‘his actions’. Banning trihex because of… Well, I still don’t know honestly, I think he said nigga once or twice? Banning dozens of other people for years old tweets, vods, clips, etc etc. They embody the very very worst about the modern social media climate. What was once supposed to be people getting together, breaking games apart and going fast for a good cause has become sterile because it’s become corporatized and profitable.

That’s just my belief though. But numbers on SRL and SDA don’t lie. People are terrified to bother getting into speedrunning for fear of being shut down by an angry mob for something they did/said 10 years ago ‘coming to light’.
      There’s a reason the big names all stopped speedrunning anyway. simpleflips, siglemic, cosmo (well he’s a whole other bag of worms), mirrored, trihex, shadowjacky, witwix, I could go on.

Anonymous

>Banning Trihex because of…
        I believe he said faggot when playing Mario Party with someone

Yeah

Anonymous

based i will now watch him

Anonymous

werster and trihex and all of the MHC came on Ganker, or more specifically, Ganker for /srg/. It had literally every big name speedrunner at the time. Even garden gnomeyama would come in and hang out.
            /srg/ marathon was also, hilariously, insanely successful, and paid for not only all the /srg/ runners to get to AGDQ, but had like $5000 leftover to give to blueglass (you know, the hyena cackling dude from 2013~-2015 I think).
            All those people either quit the scene, got ousted, or moved on to abusing other shit. Witwix and cirnotv both started on Ganker shilling their streams, now they’re big boys.

Anonymous

Trihex got kicked out of MHC way back in 2015-2016 for not being black enough. He was being a cunt to a bunch of other speedrunners, whining like a bitch when he lost his records and trying to dissaude competition in yoshi’s island, and generally being a faggot. So the MHC told him to cut his shit out, trihex responded something like "Idk i think it would be a bad look for my stream optics" and the rest of the MHC bros just booted him out the next day. Keep in mind werster is still in because werster is an honorary nigga.
              I think a few of them still stream but it’s largely variety games, a lot of weeb shit as well. DSS and maybe Sylux do stuff reguarly but to smaller audiences, I checked a month ago out of curiosity. Werster still speedruns pokemon and sonic but doesn’t involve himself with the larger speedrunning community because it’s so pozzed, he just sticks to the poke and sanic groups.
              It seems like a lot of communities are doing that, splintering into their own groups instead of getting tangled in the SJW web that infested everything when speedrunning was huge about 5 years ago. SRL and speedrun.com have almost little game variety on their streams, and most of it is minecraft speedrunners trying to mooch some viewers or people playing completely unrelated games like DBD but still allowed on speedrun.com for…some reason?
              I hope this recession continues but there are still enough big name twitch streamers that get a few thousand viewers on average that it won’t die off, sadly. But a complete reset of speedrunning, burning it all to the ground so it can rise from the ashes, would be the best outcome.

Anonymous

Sometimes twitch recommends trihex’s stream to me, and it’s so sad to see how far he has fallen. 500+ viewers watching him comment on tweets made by republicans.

Anonymous

he turned his entire stream into pandering to kids during the height of mario maker’s popularity
                  once that dried up so did his viewerbase and he has nothing left to go back to, even if he went back to yoshi’s island he would be a literal who, plus he’s a washed up old fart now
                  nearly 500k followers and he can’t even pass 500 viewers

Anonymous

>plus he’s a washed up old fart now
                    I tuned in to his metroid dread stream for five minutes. He was in a boss fight where the game does a zoom in on where the next weak spot was and he was still dumbfounded on how to damage it.

Dude is incredibly slow and trying to be a political commentator for some reason. Old trihex would fucking laugh and joke around if someone said melanoid and now he wants to be politically correct all the time.

Anonymous

trihard is still his biggest achievement it seems

Anonymous

What stopped me was the constant shilling for fakku, for a while. Don’t know what it was about but it was really fucking creepy. Also the "warmups" where he just played stepmania became entire streams, where he started talking about political shit and that’s a big ol fuckin NOPE.

Anonymous

>constant shilling for fakku
                      He’d fit right in on /h/.

Anonymous

He would shill it on stream, and talk about his favorite new doujins and stuff, it was just fuckin creepy man.

Anonymous

Oh. Yeah, that’s kind of weird.

Anonymous

I think that’s just in line with ironic weeb shit where people are "horny on main haha lol" and get way too personal about their sexual tastes and act like it’s a badge of honor.
                        It would be one thing if it were funny, and if it led to interesting stories to tell people, but just talking to strangers about what you masturbate to in a non-sexual situation is weird.

Anonymous

I mean, I can kind of understand talking about it on an anonymous imageboard, but talking about it on camera with random strangers on the internet is pretty weird.

Anonymous

I mean, I can kind of understand talking about it on an anonymous imageboard, but talking about it on camera with random strangers on the internet is pretty weird.

You know trihex was just shilling fakku due to his sponsorship and so he could look like he was "one of the people" on twitch to relate to the loser cucks that watched him? bet he found it retarded but easy enough to pretend

Anonymous

I get enough Fakku shilling on /a/ and /h/. I don’t need it elsewhere.

Anonymous

Semi-related, is a reason why I don’t watch Cirno TV as much anymore, ironic weebfaggotry irks me and then the guy had the nerve to stream wearing one of those dumb ahegao shirts.

Anonymous

I remember the fucking cheated run in the /srgathon/

Anonymous

i want to know who made this post lol

Anonymous

Well they don’t have a content filter quality wise. Some dickhole made a "speedrun" of BOTW where you don’t even beat the game. With other random useless requirements. Tons of indie games just not good enough to watch and they aren’t creative enough with the TAS runs. That’s going to give you shit views.

Anonymous

Speedrunning was already on its way out before GDQ really blew up. The community was already leaning towards supporting "known" players / streamers. I hold the segmented God Hand WR and SDA refuses to host it because I’m unknown to them (read: I don’t stream, I don’t have a Twitch or YT channel, etc). I came out of nowhere, submitted the run and all of the requirements (showing the setup I use to capture, verifying segments, data and video, etc and at the end of the day I get a "We aren’t sure we want this particular run on the site as we feel it isn’t a good fit".

Absolute bullshit. I singlehandedly came up with new tricks, skips and strategies that all of the single segment runners now use because they watched my submitted run but "it isn’t good enough" to be posted? Get the fuck out of here.

Anonymous

>no fun allowed
      >no offensive jokes allowed
      >tranny privilege
      >only far-left politics allowed

Anonymous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iZCU21HO-0
      He can’t keep getting away with this!

Anonymous

7 uears in a row the madman

Anonymous

based

Anonymous

Money. You can get away with getting 3 figures per year doing nothing as long as you disguise it as a charity. The truth to all the tranny shit going on is solely to disguise this scam. Speak up about how scummy this whole gig is? Transphobe!

Anonymous

What, are you implying that PCF isn’t a legitimate charity? That they spend the majority of their budget on salaries and bonuses, and the little money they put forward to outreach is all spent on gay interracial ball fondling posters?
        That’s racist. Quit being racist anon, and make sure to donate to save or kill the animals.

Anonymous

do they still do the animals thing? i wouldnt be surprised if they stopped because it promotes muh violence

Anonymous

I think in recent years they’ve tried to say "save the animals or save the frames". Because even super metroid races have to be politically correct.

Anonymous

fucking hell i hate that i was kinda right

Anonymous

You will never be a real Yehudi. You have no patrilineal Judaism, you have no descent from Moses, you have no Matzo balls. You are a degenerate "speedrunner" twisted by Discord and estrogen into a crude mockery of G-d’s perfection.

All the “donations” you get are two-faced and half-hearted. Behind your dilators people mock you. Your single mother is disgusted and ashamed of you, your “followers” laugh at your any% glitched streams behind closed doors.

Men of faith are utterly repulsed by you. Six thousand years of intelligent design have allowed gamers to sniff out edited runs with incredible efficiency. Even runners who "place" look like goyim to a garden gnome. Your lack of a hand cam is a dead giveaway. And even if you manage to get a drunk gentile to watch your idolatry, he’ll turn tail and bolt the second he gets a whiff of your chair.

You will never do a mitzvah. You wrench out a fake smile every single morning and tell yourself it’s going to be ok, but deep inside you feel the depression creeping up like a weed, ready to crush you under Joan Donovan’s unbearable weight.

Eventually it’ll be too much to bear – you’ll buy a rope, tie a noose, put it around your sacrificial chicken, and make a peaceful offering for Azazel at the Seder. Your Tavistock case manager will find you, heartbroken but relieved that they no longer have to live with the unbearable shame and disappointment of knowing a video game speedrunner. They’ll bury you with a headstone marked with a Blue Checkmark, and every Rabbi putting a rock on your grave for the rest of eternity will know a member of the LGBTQP+ community is buried there. Your body will decay and go back to the dust, and all that will remain of your legacy is a skeleton that is unmistakably big-boned.

This is your fate. This is what you chose. There is no turning back.

Here’s a peruta to give to charity!

Anonymous
          Anonymous

Caveman? Nah you mean cavetrans.

Anonymous

That shit has been debunked a dozen times already.

Anonymous

type cavemancdj into google and click the twitter page.

Anonymous

I repeat
                That shit has been debunked a dozen times already.

Anonymous

Are you retarded? Moses isn’t in the line of the garden gnomes. No garden gnome descends from Moses.

Anonymous

huh? i admittedlydont know much about the bible but isnt he the dude thats famous for saying let my people go?

Anonymous

trannies

Anonymous

Test

Anonymous

garden gnomeyama
      Scam charities
      W*men
      Tr*nnies

Anonymous

>First few years
      >Bunch of sweaty fucking losers having fun

>Then
      >Monetized and made PC and Inclusive
      many such cases

Anonymous

Remember Chibi? The would prefer if you would be quiet guy? He goes by aquana now

Anonymous
        Anonymous

>tfw chibi lost his v-card before you

Anonymous

At what cost, anon?
          At what cost?

Anonymous

>tfw chibi lost his v-card before you
          If it makes you feel any better she was psycho, like crazy psychotic mental hospital psycho. Also she cried during it and it sounds like chibi took advantage of her.

Anonymous

>I had to shove a suppository up my

Anonymous

This is still my favorite image.

Anonymous

I don’t have the screencap, but when he took out an $8000 loan to donate to the yooka-laylee kickstarter because he wanted to become a video game voice actor is my favorite.

Anonymous

No fucking way this happened. Did he get the loan?

Anonymous

Turns out no. I just found this on kf. His reasoning is that people told him it would be without merit and not that it’s a fucking retarded idea to pay that much money to potentially grunt as a random npc in yooka laylee

Anonymous

A game that might be played by like 40 people.

Anonymous

Trannies and autism

Anonymous

BTFO by one simple ditzy blonde anime girl

Anonymous

qrd?

Anonymous

>quick
          yes
          >run
          speed
          >down
          but not out

Anonymous

thanks

Anonymous

It got too popular and garden gnomeyama decided he could literally live off this shit. The early years, SDA shilled these events on Ganker and I would guess we were a large chunk of the initial viewers. Especially tinier events like the early SGDQ when it was in fucking Essentia’s house in the middle of bumfuck. It got too "corporate", which lead to no fun allowed. Then all speedrunners decided to fall for the tranny meme and everything because unwatchable except for highlight reels after the event is concluded.

Anonymous

it’s going to be online again for 2022 which is fucking gay

Anonymous

cosmowright transitioned and that opened the flood gates. all the categories are arbitrary was the final nail in the coffin for the hobby.

Anonymous

LOSING MY MIND MIND
        LOSING
        LOSING MY MIND

Anonymous

Autism genocide via trans propaganda

Anonymous

I’M FRAME PERFECT

Anonymous

The only good thing to come out of modern GDQ

Anonymous

>modern GDQ
          >GDQ

Anon…

Anonymous

Frame perfect was from ESA.

Anonymous

YOU CAN CALL ME BIG CHAMP 64
        RNG GON BE STACKED AGAINST US
        BUT THAT’S NEVER HAPPENED BEFOOOOOOOOOORE

Anonymous

I admit it, I look forward to next january/february for the gdq+esa weeks.

The threads are fun and the cringe is top tier

Anonymous

I haven’t enjoyed a mainline marathon in years
        GDQ went to shit around 2014, by 2016 it was dead
        ESA was okay until around 2017-2018 and then it basically became the new GDQ with all of the baggage
        NASA died after two years lmao
        The best marathons are the ones that are smaller, usually just groups of friends doing it for shits and giggles not for any monetary goal
        I’ve mentioned it before but voidathon was great, it had the same atmosphere as early GDQs with a good spread of classic games and some meme runs

Anonymous

Check RTA in Japan, by far the best speedrunning marathon at the moment.

Anonymous

I’m good at games, I bet I’d be good as a woman too!

Anonymous

The left as always recently.

Anonymous

They sold out. Basically the same story of every grassroots thing that becomes popular on the internet.

Anonymous

SPREAD YOUR LEGS

Anonymous

The subject material for starters.

Anonymous
      Anonymous

Mental illness (transgenderism included), wokeism, they became boring and politically compromised.

The last time I checked the youtube channel there was a terrible boring show that started with: WE SUPPORT BLACK LIVES MATTER, hosted by an unbearably annoying, ugly blonde woman (maybe a tranny), couldn’t find any recent video that looked interesting in any way either.

The European equivalent is also filled with mentally ill goons. The whole thing is dead.

Anonymous

something happened with gdq?

Anonymous

People will sperg out over women and trannies but the reality is that Speedrunning got so big that individual communities stopped caring. The best runners can have a better night doing their regular stream to their couple hundred loyal followers and rake in donos on PB attempts while GDQ gets C-tier runners hoping to parlay the 15 seconds of fame into their affiliate stream getting partnered. Ever wonder why modern GDQ constantly shout outs runners and encourages people to follow the runners and commentors? Same shit happened to speedgaming — all the cool tournamets are dead now

Anonymous

Troons, tohotroons, gamers.

Anonymous

Nothing, actually. The runs are still good and they still raise a lot of money. I like that they include shmups now, too.

Anonymous
        Anonymous

Still better than the spotted hyena they used for Frame Fatales.

Anonymous

such a good design ruined by this cluster fuck

Anonymous

>Pit-Pat! A magical, pansexual, nonthreatening spokesthing!
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uco5Ed-5y2U

Anonymous

is there porn of it

Anonymous

yes

Anonymous

women

Anonymous

Back when GDQ was Good

Anonymous
        Anonymous

I have fond memories of that sonic 1 speedrun where the guy restarts the game like 5 times and uses level select cause he keeps fucking up. I also loved that rayman origins speedrun where random audience members would jump in and play. Gdq used to be so based

Anonymous

>All men
        You know, I’m starting to think trans women actually are real women. Because they ruin everything just like real women do.

Anonymous

I couldn’t watch the last one, it was incredibly boring. There was a severe lack of autism and that’s what makes these kino.

Anonymous

I completely erased the last event from my memory, it was so uneventful that I can’t remember a single thing about it.

Anonymous

Personal favorite clip
      https://youtu.be/VNVB3hz_GD8

Anonymous

bitch was looking for a pity fuck tbh

Anonymous

Allowing women and mentally ill people in.

Anonymous

Transvestites, mentally I’ll cringe kids, dilation stations. Pozzed ethics. Pure faggotry.

Anonymous

god I miss old gdq

Anonymous

Are there any good speedrunners left?

Anonymous

That go to GDQ? Not that I know, most of the record holders or popular ones don’t dare get close to the event anymore.

Anonymous

I mean in general.
          (Ganker is trying to censor this for some reason. Typed captcha perfectly 10 times and it wont lemme post.)

Anonymous

zfg is still super chill and just cares about playin ocarina of time, stays clear of any and all drama
        a few other oot/mm speedrunners are comfy

Anonymous

>ocarina of time/majoras mask
          ok. any speedrunners that play interesting games though?

Anonymous

I was watching some metroid dread content for fun techniques and oatsngoats seems to be an excellent streamer. he just stopped for today though.
            we can’t really tell what games you like unless you tell us though

Anonymous

>metroid dread
              ok. any speedrunners that play interesting games though?

Anonymous

Name an interesting game

Anonymous

You do it.

Anonymous

You do it.

Depends what interesting even means.

Anonymous

free my nigga stivitybobo

Anonymous
        Anonymous

that bottom right runner had me in fucking tears
        the guy had the most annoying upward inflection I’ve ever heard and poverty chat was losing their shit

Anonymous

I miss that bald tranny, forgot his former name though.

Anonymous

corporate faggotry

Anonymous

>see latest events
      >Oh, Half Life Alyx speedrun, sounds fun
      >not even 5 minutes in and runner promotes "Black Lives Matter", starts talking how trannies don’t have any rights and needs to be changed like a cult member
      >turn off and drop it completely
      >they even promote terrorist organizations
      Stunning and brave.

Anonymous

>haven’t watched gdq in years due to the massive influx of faggotry
      >reluctantly check in to see what it’s like
      >all random nobody runners
      >all meme categories
      >"speedruns" that are more akin to let’s plays
      >BLACK LIVES MATTER
      >painfully cringe interviews with some greaseball looking fuckhead
      >anything vaguely interesting gets the early morning timeslot
      >pathetic PC kiddified language

the death of Cosmo was the death of GDQ

Anonymous

When something goes mainstream it dies and normies will attack anyone who points this out.

Anonymous

RTA is better and the Ganker threads were nice.

Anonymous
      Anonymous

Fucking pronouns. I asked why showing it was necessary if the runner DIDN’T need/want a custom pronoun. I got banned. Oh well, no big loss.

Viewing 57 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.