What were the best and worst parts of this update for you, anon?

Home Forums A haunted junk yard What were the best and worst parts of this update for you, anon?

• This topic has 66 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 32 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

What were the best and worst parts of this update for you, anon?

Anonymous

>Push people for building item farms
      >In a building game

Anonymous

>Good parts
      Bestiary and teleport crystals
      >Bad parts
      Everything else

Anonymous

Master mode was very disappointing and just completely unfun at times. Summoners almost got left completely fucked over because there still weren’t many early game options, but that got fixed afterwards. The whip is also piss ass hard to use in master mode because you have the lowest defense, and a lot of the time feels useless against bosses because of how short the ranges are.
      That being said, I loved every other part of the update. The town crystals were a nice touch. Happiness gives you reason to put more thought into building outside of stuffing everyone in a massive tower.

Anonymous

journey mode was a nice addition but i do wish you could unlock it for regular characters if you finish the game
      happiness was poorly implemented

Anonymous

good
      >new items and shit
      >new bosses
      >bestiary
      >journey mode (I don’t personally use it much but it’s well-designed)

meh
      >master mode, I enjoy the somewhat increased challenge but it’s basically the same as expert
      >pylons, convenient but very annoying and restrictive

bad
      >happiness, retarded… could be a cool idea if it were implemented quite differently
      >torches lol, not a big deal but hilariously dumb

Anonymous

you can turn off the Torch God thing in the inventory

Anonymous

Terraria 1.0: Foundations of the game, the most iconic bosses and items are from this relase
      Terraria 1.1: Brought hardmode and the items and the bosses that come with it
      Terraria 1.2: the largest content update the game has had, over 1000 new items and some essential features like healthbars and the map
      Terraria 1.3: Added the final boss to the game, a true challenge for experienced players, expert mode, and to top it off added nearly as many items as 1.2
      Terraria 1.4: Golf?

Anonymous

1.3 also gave us mod support with tmodloader

Anonymous

>Terraria 1.4: Golf?
        >le true final boss with all insta kill attacks and teleports behind you bullshit, just like in my favorite mod Calamity!
        >a mounth that could out everything including the moonlord wich you can get pretty early in game
        that’s about it really

Anonymous

>>a mounth that could out everything including the moonlord wich you can get pretty early in game
          I’m sorry could you repeat that anon

Anonymous

*outrun everything
            i dunno if it ever got nerfed or not, but when i played it wasn’t
            https://terraria.fandom.com/wiki/The_Black_Spot

Anonymous

that mount is busted

Anonymous

yeah
              its slower than the shitty ufo now

Anonymous

Haven’t played this game since 1.3
      Call me back when flails are actually good and you don’t need 10000 beenades to kill expert wof

Anonymous

Good
      >More items
      >More enemies/bosses
      >Teleports
      >Journey mode
      Bad
      >NPC Happiness system, so fucking retarded
      >Master mode is just +HP +DMG and nothing else
      No seriously fuck Redigit autism and this motherfucking Happiness shit
      Your NPCs will get in the commie block and they will like it

Anonymous

>Good parts
      I like that it was less about "more stuff lol" and more about polishing stuff that was already there. Aside from like a couple of dumb nerfs, the game is way more balanced, more old items are actually viable, and so there’s way more actual variety in what you can play with. I also like how much more alive the world feels, it feels like there’s more care in the little details than there’s ever been. I’ll take existing weapons getting buffed over more item bloat any day.
      >Bad parts
      I don’t mind the happiness system in concept, but in practice I think it’s a little too strict. Your buildings have to be close enough together to count, so it’s harder to make wide open villages, but if you put them too close together they get upset. Wish there was more wiggle room in both directions.

Anonymous

>but if you put them too close together they get upset
        i tought they only got upset if there is more than 3 npcs together? and the pylons need 3 too

Anonymous

Also more to the good parts I forgot to mention
        Journey Mode is fun. It’s easy to just write off as a baby mode, because you can use it like that, but in practice I found it mostly just makes the game better for dicking around with friends, because you can do more stuff without wasting resources. We spent hours just dumping boulders and cacti on each other and shit like that, and we could take our time in Hardmode without worrying about Corruption spread. We never turned the difficulty lower than Expert, or touched Godmode, we just used Journey to fuck around, and it was great.

>but if you put them too close together they get upset
        i tought they only got upset if there is more than 3 npcs together? and the pylons need 3 too

That is accurate, and it isn’t a huge deal but it does get annoying when you wanna have a village of even just four or five.

Anonymous

>I don’t mind the happiness system in concept, but in practice I think it’s a little too strict. Your buildings have to be close enough together to count, so it’s harder to make wide open villages, but if you put them too close together they get upset. Wish there was more wiggle room in both directions.
        Yeah, it’s really hard to find a good balance if you like to build larger homes for your NPCs. If you don’t build any of the rooms close enough then you’re basically fucked, or you have to slap an extension or an extra room in somewhere and hope it looks good.

I like Pylons since it lets you decentralize your base and let you avoid having a room full of crafting stations, chests, etc. but it definitely needs more leeway. I also wish Pylons would let NPCs sell stuff that they usually only sell in other biomes; it might be awkward with the Painter, but decorations don’t really matter and if it’s seen as a big deal they can just up the gold cost. I also think it’d be neat if NPCs used pylons to travel and visit other liked/loved NPCs, though they’d probably need to put a 1/day limit on something like that to avoid NPCs teleporting back and forth to different places.

Anonymous

Yeah, the thing is that ultimately I accept the system because having Pylons still vastly outweighs my annoyances, but I do wish it were just a little more polished, especially since most of my praises for the update are centered around the fact that so much of it is polished.

Anonymous

>If you don’t build any of the rooms close enough then you’re basically fucked
          Yeah, I made these little towers as my NPC home, with a little bridge connecting them, and they looked close enough, but no, the housing flags were just a little bit too far apart. Thankfully, TEdit exists and works perfectly, so I could shunt them closer together and plop a pet in to move the flag a bit, but it’s still pretty stupid. And I still have no idea how diagonals work in terms of distance other than "poorly."

Anonymous

>Best
      Pylons, new music, new weapons especially whips, block swap, new biomes, fixed summoner, void items
      >Worst
      Master mode, researching (tedious), original luck, happiness is a little annoying, and it should’ve been a bigger update

Anonymous

The NPC happiness is the dumbest shit I’ve ever seen

>build two dirt commie blocks with zero decorations and bare minimum for it to be considered housing
      >I built that shit in the correct biome and fulfilled the dev’s fetish of giving the nurse the BBC, so I now have access to a pylon + max discount

Like, seriously, what’s the fucking point of this mechanic? 1.4 in a whole is a joke and tmodloader taking forever to update is the icing on the cake

Anonymous

>tmodloader taking forever to update
        The beta has been out for 1.4 for a few weeks now, my dude.

Anonymous

I like EoL, i hate Queen Slime, i like pylons and towns, i hate cramped happiness requirements and having to make houses 20 blocks apart, i like the balance changes, i hate how easy summoner is now.

Anonymous

>i hate how easy summoner is now
        for single targets maybe,against multiple targets or anything out of aggro range you’re shit out of luck because minions are dumber than a sack of bricks and whips switching targets erratically doesn’t help either
        also everything still 2-taps you,so that’s that

Anonymous

First time i had to do daylight EoL for my summoner run i did it on my second attempt, sanguine staff is very realiable, then once you get terraprisma it becomes automode, the hardest part is probably wall of flesh because of the retard minions tho that is true.

Anonymous

i never bothered with the terraprisma honestly,the xeno staff is good enough for my needs already and i really don’t care about cenx’s self insert toohoo boss

Anonymous

>best
      torch autism shitstorm
      >worst
      torch autism shitstorm

Anonymous
        Anonymous

>This playing on a lantern night while you come down off the adrenaline rush from last night’s boss fight
        This kind of thing is what I mean when I say the game feels more alive and comfy now. Things like this seem inconsequential, but they add so much to the mood and atmosphere while playing, and I really think it elevates the experience by a lot.

Anonymous

>good parts
      Bestiary, auto-opening door, Otherworld soundtrack, underground desert, flail buff, void storage, windy day, NPC happiness, block swap, character menu, music
      >bad parts
      Reaver shark nerf, meteorite nerf, fishing crate nerf, underground desert, queen slime, master mode, golf, pylons, NPC happiness, luck

Anonymous

best is summoner support
      worst is music

Anonymous

>worst is music
        I’m gonna sleep a lot better every night from this day forth knowing I will never have taste this bad

Anonymous

listen, i like the music but after about 1000 hours it gets grating after a while
          i just listen to videos while playing now

Anonymous

There needs to be an option to disable the town themes. Imagine being incentivized to put towns in different biomes and be completely unable to hear the snow/jungle biome music. Instead you get two themes, the night town theme which is half decent, the other half of the time you get the fucking annoying as shit day theme.

Anonymous

just use music boxes lmao

Anonymous

> toggling day/night/rain cycle music boxes with wires
              > doing this for every biome
              Give me an actual solution that doesn’t require more effort than what its worth.
              waiting for tmodloader to be stable enough to use isn’t a solution either.

Anonymous

glad I’m not the only one who found the day theme annoying as fuck

Anonymous

>Best
      All the cute little details
      >Worst
      Mods broken forever

Anonymous

>Best
      Town features
      New music
      Luck stonks
      >Worst
      Master Mode was actually kinda disappointing, Black Spot especially was stupid
      STILL no fucking modloader

Anonymous

anon
      which is your favorite pet in the game?

Anonymous

Baby werewolf

Anonymous

Is there any mod that changes the godawful interface? I’ve loved Terraria ever since beta but the interface is fucking ugly.

Cursed sapling

Anonymous

How comfy they made the game, it feels so static going back to 1.3 without all of the little touches like wind simulation.

Anonymous

summoner is still just magic-lite instead of you being able to give better commands like in Age of empires to your summons.

Anonymous

did they ever nerf the zenith like they said they were going to?

Anonymous

>did they ever nerf the zenith
        for what purpose? you get it from the moonlord, there’s nothing left to use it on

Anonymous

why would they nerf the only functional melee weapon that you get for beating the game?

because it’s "too powerful."
          honestly i only bring it up to remind everyone how fucking stupid red became over the years.

Anonymous

by the time you even get it and are pretty much done with the game so thats a non issue

Anonymous

the Yoyo you get from moonlord alongside the yoyobag is just as strong so why not nerf that too following that logic?

Anonymous

ask red not me.

Anonymous

why would they nerf the only functional melee weapon that you get for beating the game?

Anonymous

surprised how nobody mentioned the Rain Song it was pretty fun to use when you were just walking or exploring

Anonymous

does anyone else build all your villages in one spot because the money penalty isnt even that bad anyway

Anonymous

They fucked the mobile controls, it’s unplayable now.

Anonymous

>best part
      there was no upside to this update
      >worst part
      they made us wait 2+ years for an update, having us think it was gunna be 1000 new items, 500 new enemies, 20 new biomes 10 new bosses like all of their other previous updates but all we fucking got was a furry NPC, 2 color-palette-change bosses and a torch-luck mechanic that got removed.
      oh and it broke all the good mods, so it’s been years and we still cant play it yet.

Anonymous

>best
      Zoologist’s big fat chocolate milkers and princess’ cunny
      >worst
      the fact that i can’t breed the zoologist

Anonymous

:/

Anonymous

Best part is journey mode removing tedium from resource collection and having custom difficulty settings.
      Worst part is villager happiness nonsense

also rate my castle cause my friends hate terraria

Anonymous

it’s cool but what’s with the gnomish crosses?

Anonymous

the bottom is supposed to be a cathedral hall

Anonymous

Worst: The fucking mod loader isn’t out yet, and i refuse to play without magic storage so i havent really bothered with it yet
      Best: ???

Anonymous

Did the new Calamity update come out?
      The trailer said soon right?

Anonymous

the part where console version lags now is the best part
      the worst part is how mod loader devs think they can hold piratefags hostage, implying im paying for the same game twice or that it won’t be recompiled by someone with a braincell within 5 seconds to not include that crap.

Anonymous

bump

Viewing 32 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.