What’s the best way to experience a game fresh from the start, Ganker?

Home Forums A haunted junk yard What’s the best way to experience a game fresh from the start, Ganker?

• This topic has 66 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

What’s the best way to experience a game fresh from the start, Ganker?

This game is fucking phenomenal

Anonymous

>What’s the best way to experience a game fresh from the start, Ganker?
      Don’t make or open Outer Wild threads until you finish it, for starters.

Anonymous

Don’t spoil anything. Get off Ganker because there are retards and trolls that will literally ruin the game for you in here.

Anonymous

The only real way is to head to wtf is wrong with you stop reading this thread right fucking now

Anonymous

>What’s the best way to experience a game fresh from the start
      what? probably amnesia I guess

Anonymous

redpill me on this game Ganker, worth playing? why? isn’t it just a majora’s mask clone?

Anonymous

>majora’s mask clone
        The time loop mechanic was likely inspired by Majora’s Mask, but in pretty much every other aspect Outer Wilds is a completely different game.

Anonymous

>worth playing?
        I have played a lot of videogames.

This one is the best.

Anonymous

It’s a great game, best experienced blind.
        Buy it, play it for an hour (after the tutorial go explore some planet for like half an hour).
        This is enough time for you to grasp the concept of the game and get hocked up on the premise.
        If you don’t care for it, just refund and move on with your life.

Anonymous

even if it was just a majora’s mask clone, that would be awesome

Anonymous

Living the hard life

Anonymous

Unironically "what do they eat?".

Anonymous

They chew on the vines. One of them apparently ate one seed, by mistake.

Anonymous

They chew on the vines. One of them apparently ate one seed, by mistake.

They do mention that they chew on the vines, but I have to imagine with the bramble shooting off seeds, those have to land on other worlds and let things through.
          The Dark Bramble is the pocket trash can of the universe and they’re just the scum eating it all up.

Anonymous

>Damage Reactor
        >Do this
        Anyone tried it? No clue how you would intentionally damage your reactor.

Anonymous

>base game 100% done
      >went ahead and read spoilers in this thread because game is now safely completed
      >forgot about dlc
      FUCK

Anonymous

Hey anon, don’t fret too hard. You still have time to leave while keeping the DLC experience mostly in tact. I just reviewed the different spoilers to verify. You’re good! Leave now, go play the DLC, come back. Have fun. It’s over way too soon…

Anonymous

Literally impossible

Anonymous

[…]

have a nice day

Anonymous

What did he post?

Anonymous

GOTYAY, good taste

Anonymous

That music….

Anonymous

I’m basically at the end of the game, having fully explored every rumor entry except the vessel. Should I try to figure out how to get to the DLC now or beat it first?

Anonymous

I’d recommend doing the DLC, assuming you have found the following information in the base game:
        [spoiler]
        >what killed Nomai society
        >coordinates for the Eye
        >the Vessel
        >visited the Sun Station

[/spoiler]
        It’ll kill the flow a bit, because the DLC is a solid 12 hour venture, but it adds a bit to the ending if you complete it.

Anonymous

Seems like I’m good to go then. The only reason I didn’t fully explore the vessel was because I got looped shortly after my first visit there.

Anonymous

Beat the game first, then you can play the DLC.

Anonymous

Have fun anon. I legitimately think that the DLC would’ve been more impactful for me than it already was if I did it in between the base game and the ending.
            For reference, I beat the vanilla game on Wednesday, and the DLC last night. Wish I had gotten to the point you’re at, done the DLC, then finished the game instead. YMMV

Anonymous

Beat base game first. DLC is long and sometimes tedious, it’ll destroy the pacing. Well worth doing it later though despite its issues

Anonymous
            Anonymous

It’s mostly the part where you first get to the other world and have no idea what to do, getting to certain places each loop can be quite a long process

Anonymous

Being in the dark haha about what to do in that first "other" section didn’t bother me too much. The uncertainty on how to proceed happened in Dark Bramble and other planets, too. I agree that rafting back to certain entrances can be a process at first, but eventually you naturally put together a "run" on how to get where you’re going in the best way. Plus the few secret entrances around the Stranger help a lot.

Anonymous

>watching gf play
      >she spends the entire loop trying to figure out how to climb up to quantum tower on brittle hollow
      >she has her scout on the building the entire time watching the integrity slowly whittle down over time
      >an asteroid hits very close to her and explodes in her line of sight and the surface integrity goes down, basically the game slapping her in the face with the fact that the tower will fall
      >just as it’s about to reach 0% and the tower falls into the black hole she boards her ship and flies off and meditates until next loop, missing the event that would solve how to get up there
      >next loop she flies on top of the tower and sits there for several minutes
      >"what are you doing?" i ask
      >"i’m waiting for some of the pieces around the tower to fall so i can fly my ship down there", so she’s fully aware that parts of the planet fall into the black hole
      >spends the entire loop trying to cram the ship into the tower [spoiler]like i cram her pusy lmao[/spoiler]
      >her ship splits in half, but at least this time she’s at the tower when it falls
      >she can now fly up the tower
      >keeps asking how she even made the tower fall
      >she explored the tower without fully understanding that the solution was just waiting for the tower to fall into the black hole so you can fly in it at zero g
      it’s really fucking excruciating watching someone else play the game when you already know everything like the back of your hands

Anonymous

I never figured this out, and in fact it’s the only thing that’s incomplete in my ship’s log, your gf isn’t that stupid

Anonymous

sounds cozy anon. Count your blessings.
        I left my ex, who in retrospect, would probably play this for me to watch/reexperience it through her eyes. New girlfriend is crazy and I need to leave. Miss those cozy vibes.

Anonymous

im bored so i took a little detour https://files.catbox.moe/tu9yjn.mp4 obviously spoilers

Anonymous

>finally beat game
      >took a while but figured everything out no guide or walkthrough
      >play dlc
      >explore everything, but have no idea what to do
      The fuck are you supposed to do, lads?

Anonymous

explore some more

Anonymous

Slide reels are your big clues in that one. I felt similarly confused at the early part of the DLC but you’ll start putting things together pretty quickly at a certain point. Advise: Look at the entire sphere from different points by looking above you, see if you spot any interesting places. Look through houses. Watch more films.

Anonymous

Someone hit me over the head really hard, please.

Anonymous

question to fellow Outer Wilds enjoyers, did you also enjoy Return of the Obra Dinn?

Anonymous

I hear them mentioned in the same sentence often. Is Return worth playing?

Anonymous

I love them both very much. They were so fun for me to play through.

Anonymous

I bought them together and got totally hooked and beat both over a weekend.

Anonymous
      Anonymous

How to land model ship on the sun?

Anonymous

>What’s the best way to experience a game fresh from the start, Ganker?
      what the hell is this question?

Anonymous

Any tips on completing the log ? I no longer have any "there’s still stuff to explore here" prompt, but I see that I’m missing a couple "arrows" from some boxes to the others.

Also, is the game bugged for anyone else since the DLC? I can’t use the autopolit anymore, I see the prompt but it doesn’t register. I’ve toggled the option on and off but it does nothing. My controller is working fine as far as I can tell, and sometimes when I start up a save I can actually use the autopilot the first time I get in my ship, but after that it doesn’t work.

Anonymous

>Any tips on completing the log ?
        I suppose this is cheating, but I just pulled a list that shows how many bullet points each node in rumor mode is supposed to have for the achievement. Just went through each one until I found the ones that didn’t match up, then went to those places and looked around a bit more.

Anonymous

you might be missing the stuff from inside hollow’s lantern and talking to chert at various stages of the sun’s lifespan

Anonymous

I had that issue too, the solution is just kidding lmao turn the autopilot off you dirty casual

Anonymous

Orbitting the sun shipless is so fun

Anonymous

Kepe seeing brainlets who can’t even follow the obvious clues to access the DLC. They have no fucking chance

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.