when’s nintendo gonna get in trouble for all the anti-consumer shit they’ve been pulling?

Home Forums A haunted junk yard when’s nintendo gonna get in trouble for all the anti-consumer shit they’ve been pulling?

Viewing 33 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

when’s nintendo gonna get in trouble for all the anti-consumer shit they’ve been pulling?
      >taking down songs from youtube that can’t be found anywhere else
      >threatening lawsuits against people who make free fangames for fun
      >charges you money to use your own internet
      >literally stalking hackers irl, which is probably even more illegal than what the hackers are doing

Anonymous

Just remember metroid dread runs perfectly on emulator. And if you don’t own a switch don’t worry emulators don’t make you pay to use your own internet just to play multiplayer.

Anonymous

lmao true

Anonymous

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU CAN’T SAY THAT
        @NintendoOfAmerica DO SOMETHING

Anonymous

>emulators don’t make you pay to use your own internet just to play multiplayer.
        Dread doesn’t have multiplayer, though.

Anonymous

None of this is anti consumer.

Anonymous

charging you for a non-service like your own fucking internet kind of is. don’t give me the ‘it pays for the nintendo infrastructure’ because nintendo online is fucking garbage

Anonymous

>don’t give me the ‘it pays for the nintendo infrastructure’ because nintendo online is fucking garbage
          Do I look like a Sonyfag to you?

Anonymous

Remember when Sonyfags used to boast about how psn was free during the ps3 era

Anonymous

>kind of is
          And that’s where you lose, it either is nor isn’t.

Anonymous

are you that autistic that you can’t discern a sarcastic infliction?

Anonymous

Considering the OP, probably.

Anonymous

>taking down songs
        >refusing to put them up for sale anywhere
        >shutting down projects and sites that are helping to promote their products
        >charging you money for services that nintendo does not actually provide unless it’s 1st party games
        >even then the online is fucking shit and they have literally no reason to improve because you need to pay them to play online and there are no alternatives
        >sending corporate death squads after hackers to scare them into not providing services to consumers
        >none of this is anti-consumer

Anonymous
            Anonymous

both Nintendo and Sony and 99% of other companies are objectively anti-consumer, they care more about making money than making their fans happy

Anonymous

>both Nintendo and Sony and 99% of other companies are objectively anti-consumer
              Be honest anon, what do you think anti-consumer means

Anonymous

Making money

Anonymous

>>taking down songs
          All of their songs are still up
          >>refusing to put them up for sale anywhere
          Do they have to? It’s not inherently anti consumer if they don’t since it doesn’t benefit them to hold I back.
          >>shutting down projects and sites that are helping to promote their products
          Fan projects that are monetised in any way, shape or form are obviously going to be taken down and people just so happen to think they can do so with nintendo games.
          >>charging you money for services that nintendo does not actually provide unless it’s 1st party games
          I can’t think of one service that is 1st party only.
          >>even then the online is fucking shit and they have literally no reason to improve because you need to pay them to play online and there are no alternatives
          The alternative is not buying it I didn’t, so why are you?
          >>sending corporate death squads after hackers to scare them into not providing services to consumers
          Literally nothing to do with consumers whatsoever.
          >>none of this is anti-consumer

Anonymous

AM2R and pokemon prism were not monetized in any way

Anonymous

and smbx

Anonymous

Host site had ads.

Anonymous

there are other fan sites that host ads soley to keep the website up for other things that get to stay up

Anonymous

Yes because they’re fan sites, they aren’t hosting games.

Anonymous

that one site that uses the 2013 and 2016 roblox clients with hat models ripped directly from other games would like to have a word with you

Anonymous

>roblox
                      Any argument you had has been immediately rendered moot.

Anonymous

>company that costs 5 times as much as ubisoft doesnt have to worry about people using its brand
                        yeah sure

Anonymous

Do you have an actual argument or not anon.

Anonymous

are you illiterate or do i just explain things badly?

I’m talking about a website that uses roblox’s brand and old clients and profits off it. I forgot the name of it, but it also had its own currency and membership.

Anonymous

Anon, its fucking roblox

Anonymous

charging you for peer to peer internet connections is not even really dependant on nintendo doing anything
        you pay your internet bills for the ability to communicate with other devices, you pay ps4 online or xbox live on the premise that you are funding their server upkeep and their internet bills

peer to peer doesnt use servers, its your device to the other players device: you should only be paying internet bill. imagine if you trade pokemon locally with a physical cable on GBA, and you paid a subscription to be allowed to use your cable link that you already bought and paid for upfront. nintendo’s "online" is just making you pay for the sake of paying. they aren’t providing anything and its a worse quality than servers because p2p is inconsistent.

the entire reason nick all stars is a big deal is because it has better online and tournament support than smash bros, the game is copying.

Anonymous

Nick Brawl’s online is peer to peer too you retard. Peer to peer is objectively better for FGs than server loading, it’s the implementation of the netcode that makes it’s online better.

Anonymous

It’s better in the same way that SFxT had better netcode than, say, SF4 or GGXrd.
            It’s rollback, but buggy as shit, prone to falling back to delay, falling out of sync and having async rollbacks.

It’s launch SFV.

Anonymous

>charging you for peer to peer internet connections is not even really dependant on nintendo doing anything
          I’m going to stop you there because you’re forgetting about the other services, namely the games. Where normally 4 games would run a person 20 on its own you get a solid chunk of them for the same price.

Anonymous

Charging for internet was never about covering server costs. Let’s get that point straight right now. So what we have is one company charging 1/3rd the cost at most, and also encourages people to load up multiple friends on the family plan which reduces that cost to 1/10 of what their competitors charge. Very pro consumer.

Anonymous

>because it has better online
          Despite the fact that complaints are flooding in about it and no one is doing anything.

Anonymous

It’s like we all forgot how many times Sony has leaked personal information

Anonymous

>nick all stars is a big deal
          You guys seriously can never not talk about your latest NINTENDO KILLER. It’s fucking hilarious how obsessed you are.

Anonymous

All this explaining and you didn’t even realise nick also uses p2p. This is why no one takes anti-tendies seriously.

Anonymous

Also the fact that they can never back up their arguments

Anonymous

That’s because their arguments are fueled by opinion and not objectivity.

Anonymous

>>taking down songs from youtube that can’t be found anywhere else
      All of their music is still on YouTube.

Anonymous

never really, I dont see why they would stop

Anonymous

Never. All nintendo has to do is wave some new bullshit and tendies will eat it up and forget the anti-consumer practices

Anonymous

This.
        >Wow, that’s really shitty to do. I’m actually bothered by th- is that a new Smash reveal?

Anonymous

And then they completely ignore the smash reveal and continue to rage until their needs are met as always.

Anonymous

Never, Nintendo could hire mercenaries to shoot up schools because some kid drew an epic Pokemon OC and nintendies would still defend them. I just want them to keep going and see how far they’ll yank the chains of their consoomers.

Show me proof of this "Nintendo fanboy boogeyman" that you’re projecting about.

Anonymous

Nintendo is the only company that can be EA-tier greedy and get applauded for it. It’s genuinely scary the kind of power they have over their fans.

Anonymous

because they used to deliver quality games
        but that period is over

Anonymous

All I see on this year’s release schedule are quality Nintendo games. Cope, snoy.

Anonymous

>knows a game is quality before its release
            are you a journalist?

Anonymous

Anon, I don’t know if you know this but the year is almost over.
              Most games coming to the switch gave already come out.

Anonymous

Nobody on this industry can even dream to get on EA’s level and for all the vitriol EA gets they still make bank anyway.

Anonymous

Are you going to put Sony to that same standard

Anonymous

No, because Sony doesn’t pull off that type of shit anyways unlike Nintendo

Anonymous

>because Sony doesn’t pull off that type of shit

>$60 a year for the worst online service in taking history
          >increasing game price to $70 in evregion
          >refusing cross play/save features on the basis that their fans need to be protected
          >holding fortnite accounts hostage when people wanted to switch platforms

Anonymous

Is that why they scammed people out of PS5 versions of games that they were promised? LOL

Anonymous

Kek, Sony does the exact same shit, its just that the media doesn’t bother to report on it when it happens since a majority of gaming journos are snoytrannies
          https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.eurogamer.net/amp/2020-02-11-inside-the-littlebigplanet-pc-fan-game-sony-shut-down-with-a-cease-and-desist

Anonymous

LMAO! Put me in the screencap!

Anonymous

lmao

Anonymous

>/v/
        >criticising sony
        HA

Anonymous

op here, fuck nintendo AND fuck sony as well

Anonymous

Sony is already dead to me. At least I held nintendo to some standard, since they used to regularly put out good quality. Their fall from grace was far more drastic.

Anonymous

At least nintendies admit that their company is shit.

Anonymous

>youtubers are liars
      >what lawsuit?
      >you don’t own your internet, you pay a service to use one from a ISP
      >hackers are on watchlists

Anonymous

Never because what retards on the internet call anti-consumer has been done for decades by Nintendo and others nor is illegal.

Anonymous
        Anonymous

are you saying smash is like mlp? i dont get it

Anonymous

yes

Anonymous

[…]

>the issue is how these companies think they can achieve profit and they always choose the most infuriating methods
      Because the average consumer is either too stupid or too apathetic to care. Most likely stupid because they keep fucking paying money to these companies.

Anonymous

Never, Nintendo could hire mercenaries to shoot up schools because some kid drew an epic Pokemon OC and nintendies would still defend them. I just want them to keep going and see how far they’ll yank the chains of their consoomers.

Anonymous

>Nintendo could hire mercenaries to shoot up schools because some kid drew an epic Pokemon OC
        You know, with the amount of school shootings in America this could actually be true

Big think

Anonymous

people defend them because you say hyperbolic shit like this

Anonymous

>Hyperbolic
          Shigeru "If their age is on the clock they’re ready for the Glock" Miyamoto is performing a round of free postnatal abortions right now, Takeshi just wanted to pretend to play Mario but the IP has to be defended.

Anonymous

[…]

I wouldn’t really call it a Disney effect. For one nostalgia for a video game franchise isn’t the same as nostalgia for an animated movie, while the latter leads to a fanbase that wants more of the same the former leads to a fanbase with a warped sense of quality where they remember their childhood games as better than anything coming out today.

Then you have the fact that the Nintendo fanbase has always been somewhat fickle when it comes to game quality. Contrary to what Ganker believes they aren’t one giant hivemind that will blindly follow one thing and that has been the cause of many a controversy such as the censorship debacle, the NSO riot and dexit. All things considered they’re one of the few that will put their concerns out there when needed and don’t tend to follow a company as much as the games they make.

Anonymous

So Nintendo fans are all united and would NEVER pay for something that’s anticonsumer, like day 1 DLC and gacha and season passes? And yet you simultaneously gloat about how their mobile games and how pokemon always break record sales.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Anonymous

It’s more difficult to call Nintendo on their shit because on top of being Japanese, they make a habit of not interacting with fans too closely. The acceptance of the language/cultural barrier is entirely by design. Other companies go out of their way to interact with and please fans but Nintendo knows that’s harmful to their brand in the long run. Smash Bros dips in to fan response the most and even that is done at considerably more measured distance than other fighting games and that’s with a fucking character ballot. Nintendo does listen but they almost never tell you they’re listening, because then more people will wonder why they aren’t responding to X, Y, or Z.

Anonymous

>Other companies go out of their way to interact with and please fans
        I can’t think of a single company that does this without losing copious amounts of money first.

Anonymous

Sorry, I understand that’s not true in a genuine sense. Other companies do directly respond to and cite fan feedback more often though. It’s usually insincere or halfhearted but it is there. Microsoft for example is constantly pretending to kiss fans’ asses. Sony’s most prolific developers are obnoxiously open on social media. Activision-Blizzard even before the controversy was all about citing fan feedback.

Anonymous

Here’s the thing, the social media mook is just a social media mook. They’re not privvy to anything nor can they change anything.

Anonymous

That’s the best way to go about it in all honesty, once you reveal you’re listening you have to continue listening regardless of who’s speaking

Anonymous

Yes in a business sense I can’t blame them, and again the many ways in which they get people to just give up on getting through to them is by design. They’ll always have more to lose than we have to gain, and vice versa.

Anonymous

Nintendo always responds to fan feedback by pretending they thought of these things themselves. They’d have you believe they just stumbled into making an open world Zelda and new sandbox Mario because it was "the right time".

Anonymous

Nintendo is never going to get in trouble for this because braindead consumers keep buying into their clownshit excuses combined with it being under law. Yes they’re wrong for doing this combined with not releasing any viable alternative but this is where you as the consumer have to tell them to fuck off and boycott them. Boycotting would work if any of the fucks complaining about this would stick to the boycott but as soon as X comes out they hop back as if it never happened. Your actions have consequences.

Anonymous

why do you complain. what service can nintendo offer that is better than you pirating their shit anyway. seriously why do you care.

Anonymous

Why haven’t you committed to a solution?

Anonymous

>no answer
            Though so

Anonymous

I complain and I ‘care’ because of the retards like you complaining on the behalf of them and the brainlets who won’t use the solution right infront of them. You can easily use pirating as a solution for everything but that still dosen’t address the fact that for those who don’t pirate, they’re getting fucked over and punished as if they are the ones pirating. Nintendo can keep doing the same things they’ve been doing for decades or fully embrace Emulation and open-source software. But clearly just like the company you defend they have too much pride for that.

Anonymous

How is what nintendo does any different than any other company in this regard?

Anonymous

It’s not, which is why I support this universally across any company. I don’t believe in the current copyright system and I haven’t for a significant amount of time. The copyright laws in America and globally need a massive reworking, preferably one without the reach of the predatory companies who’ve contributed in some part to these laws.

Anonymous

>its only bad when nintendo does it

Anonymous

>Tfw you didn’t read I support this universally across any company

Anonymous

>I support this universally across any company
                        Yet here you are targeting only one company of the three.

Anonymous

What part of ‘Copyright laws need to be reworked across the entire system’ doesn’t stick to you? If it were up to me, after 14 years everything would go to the public domain or there wouldn’t be a copyright system for companies to exploit at all. I don’t like Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, or any other company that pull the nonsense they do when it comes to copyright. Plus, we are in a thread dedicated to Nintendo, the topic at hand.

Anonymous

You came into the thread pooping on nintendo specifically, yet here you are saying you weren’t

That’s because their arguments are fueled by opinion and not objectivity.

It’s just so tiresome. Pretty sure it’s just kids who watched that EMPLemon video

Anonymous

Never trust an anti nintendo person. They’re mentally ill over toys amd will constantly lie.

Anonymous

>If it were up to me, after 14 years everything would go to the public domain or there wouldn’t be a copyright system for companies to exploit at all
                        HA. God you’re a stupid, stupid person. The copyright law is the only thing preventing companies from absolutely trampling everyone else you dipshit. What do you think would happen if it was just suddenly free reign out there

Anonymous

This. Copyrights protect grass roots innovation from fuckheug corporations. This beta bitch communist wants anarchy because he couldn’t get his shiny toy for free

Anonymous

Oh you’re just a seething faggot who is mad he can’t profit off of someone else’s creation. Nevermind.

Anonymous

>He thinks the pirate cares about profit
                        Ngmi Corporate bootlicker

Anonymous

And yet you seethe every time nintendo takes down a Russian for profit ROM malware site. Curious.

Anonymous

You’ve got stock there bootlicker?

Anonymous

What like stockmarket stock. Yeah.

Anonymous

>I don’t like Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, or any other company that pull the nonsense they do when it comes to copyright.
                        It’s theirs to use and take down you jackass. You could do same thing if you had anything of worth to protect.

Anonymous

>after 14 years everything would go to the public domain
                        Yeah that’s nice and all but what happens when the big companies that got their riches abusing the old copyright system use said riches to abuse the new one and pump out higher budget projects using IPs and properties that smaller companies used to own to make a profit while using aforementioned riches to keep a hold on their pre-existing IPs with the same method?

Anonymous

I’ve seen this anon before. He honestly believes that "ambition" will win out.

Anonymous

>after 14 years everything would go to the public domain
                        So nobody can have a career in game development unless they reinvent their wheel every 14 years. God you are so fucking shortsighted it’s painful to witness.

Anonymous

Yep. It’s entertainment, go into a real line of work.

Anonymous

>It’s entertainment, go into a real line of work.
                        Entertainment is the truest kind of work, dipshit.

Anonymous

>go into a real line of work.
                        Said the NEET

Anonymous

>Oh no, we have to come up with new ideas and characters every 14 years
                        This is pretty much what most of the industry does anyways. Even Nintendo, who reuses the same characters a ton, essentially reinvents them every game. Mario in SMO doesn’t have the same abilities as Mario in Sunshine or Mario in Galaxy, and it would almost make more sense to just change characters between the games. The only reason they don’t is brand recognition.

Anonymous

Sounds like you are fine with how things work today then. Is this your concession to the argument?

Anonymous

Nope, things would be better if they had to invent new characters every so often. Turning franchises over to the community gives new community talent a chance to test itself and the established talent at the company an opportunity to reinvent iteslf. Both are better for the industry as a whole.

Anonymous

>Turning franchises over to the community gives new community talent a chance to test itself and the established talent at the company an opportunity to reinvent iteslf.
                        Are you retarded anon? Using an IP has nothing to do with that in the slightest

Anonymous

>creativity is better off set to a time constraint

Anonymous

If the talented people in the community want to prove themselves then they should just make their games with their own characters, it won’t help them at all to just use Mario, Link or Yoshi, in fact it might even do the opposite, seeing that many people might just make mediocre and bad games and use the fame of the characters to sell them, which is just going to saturate the market with crappy games. People don’t love any of the characters I said above just for being that characters, they love them for the fun they felt playing their games, playing Nintendo games. Your fucking idea doesn’t help anything at all, literally people will keep playing only Mario and the others games that have been made by Nintendo, because they will be the ones that are sure to have a good quality and are made by the people who know how to create good games of those franchises. Your idea will do nothing more than bring us back to the times where there was almost no quality control and companies were releasing shitty games by the bucketload and using famous brands to sell them, like what with the E.T. game.

Anonymous

>Nintendo is never going to get in trouble for this
        They’re literally the only ones that get in trouble for this inane shit. Hell no one even bat an eye when Sony took down XCX music a few years ago.

Anonymous

Nintendo does get retribution for their actions, it’s them seemingly being unable to touch decomplitations of their games

Anonymous

why do they take music off of youtube anyways, how else do we listen to it outside of the game? they don’t even have a way to buy it, so what’s the point?

Anonymous

you gotta listen to it by taking your switch with you everywhere lol

Anonymous

they probably just claimed it and some fag deleted it because they couldn’t make money of it.

Anonymous

[…]

>This is exactly why we need more people to keep making anti company videos
      No anon, they never work especially the Nintendo ones because they reek of absolute scathing hatred at something that isn’t wrong.

Anonymous

nintendo is the reason i feel no guilt when i emulate anything

Anonymous

>i have become the unfeeling monster like the thing i hate. VICTORY!

Anonymous

>VICTORY!
          yes.

Anonymous

[…]

Here’s the thing, without solid anti consumer acts it’s not going to get anywhere.

Anonymous

>taking down songs from youtube that can’t be found anywhere else
      It’s a shit thing to do, but a lot of japanese companies are extremely protective of their music. Hell the pokemon anime actually has to pay to use the japanese sound track
      sucks, there is no good excuse for this
      >charges you money to use your own internet
      literally the last console to do this and charges far less. Not a good argument
      >literally stalking hackers irl, which is probably even more illegal than what the hackers are doing
      Companies going after hackers who try to steal their data isn’t really a bad thing, I don’t understand your logic on this one

Yes Nintendo has done some shit, problem is that it’s nowhere comparable to other AAA companies

Anonymous

I love all the Nintendo hate lately. You guys really are scared, aren’t you?

Anonymous

It really ramped up after nintendo moved their manufacturing away from china

Anonymous

where’d it move to this time?

Anonymous

Vietnam

Anonymous

Nintendo fanboy loyalty towards Nintendo regardless of what the company does is a type of obedience, devotion and blind fanaticism is the kind of brand loyalty other companies like Apple can only dream of having

Anonymous

I don’t think companies would want a playerbase that can turn on them at a drop of a hat.

Anonymous

then those companies really need to stop doing things that piss off their consumers

Anonymous

Is that why every other console they release is considered a failure while Sony has never sold less than 80m units regardless of quality? Hmmm you aren’t projecting are you?

Reality is nintendo fans are the most critical consumers in the gaming industry.

Anonymous

Here’s the thing anon, unlike say, apple or Sony, Nintendo’s fanbase doesn’t have an affinity for companies as much as the games said company produces hence why sales for major releases can wax and wane at random rather than being consistent 10m seller

Anonymous

The WiiU failed horribly

Anonymous

>Third world hands typed this post

Anonymous

Being anti-consumer aka pro-market is not illegal, lefty.

Anonymous

I want to to go look at what the melee community does along with most attention fags and the people who developed pokemon showdown.

One is just minding their business doing their niche thing, the other tries to be moral fags and thinks they can twitter outrage their way into getting Nintendo sponsorship for their 20 year old game.

Anonymous

I want you to go look at*

Anonymous

based

Anonymous

Never ever because they’re on the right side of the law.

Anonymous

It is weird that Nintendo doesn’t create an official ost youtube channel and put the soundtracks of their newer games on stuff like Spotify, bandcamp etc. That’s a lot of free money being wasted for both Nintendo and their artists.
      Perhaps they’re worried at the sheer amount of work due to the number of games in their history

Anonymous

There’re issues with publishers labels and whatnot, that’s why more than once their games’ OST aren’t released outside Japan.

Anonymous

Are you communist?

Anonymous

Nintendo is fucking garbage. Fuck them and fuck nincucks.

Anonymous

Die mad at me

Anonymous

>Fortnite font.
      KYS

Anonymous

>when’s nintendo gonna get in trouble for all the anti-consumer shit they’ve been pulling?
      The only kind of "trouble" you can get into for handling your own products in a way that makes people unhappy is some boycotting and that’s about it.
      You can’t do shit.

Anonymous

those aren’t "anti-consumer", those are twitterfaggotry

Viewing 33 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.