Where do you think your life would be if you never picked up gaming?

Home Forums General video game discussion & off topic Where do you think your life would be if you never picked up gaming?

Viewing 42 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Where do you think your life would be if you never picked up gaming?

Anonymous

I dunno but Jenet has some rocking tiddies hell yeah brother

Anonymous

more like boobie janet lol

[…]

better

Anonymous

Ive had glimpses and a couple of somewhat extended viewings of it since my mid teens
      Im good

Anonymous

I know for a fact I would be dead. It kept me out of some messed up situations.

Anonymous

I’d probably have just spent it on Lego instead.

Anonymous

B. Jenet is underrated.

Anonymous

I want to help her find her booty.

Anonymous

I’d probably be one of those shitty dads who comes home home from his 9-to-5 and watches whatever is on TV while yelling at the kids to shut up.

Anonymous

dead or prison
      im not a stable person

Anonymous

Probably would have killed myself a long time ago.

Anonymous

I would definitely be in jail for committing 217 rapes.

Anonymous

bookfag, probably

Anonymous

This, for sure. And dead by now, probably.

Anonymous

Id just read tons of books

Anonymous

I’d probably be a line cook and possibly be married with kids. Outside of my video game obsession I’m super normie.

Anonymous

probably the same as now, but i would have become a total moviefag

Anonymous

this. or dead.

Anonymous

I’d possibly have a different hobby, but would still waste most of my time on the internet anyways.

Anonymous

Consider the fact I haven’t wasted time on games in the past 8 months, and in that time I’ve improved myself to the point where I’ve made my apartment neighbor my fwb. We’re friends that fuck. She just sketches on to my balcony and knocks on the glass, I cook some decent food and shoot the shit, and then she sucks my dick. Feels like a movie sometimes. Especially when we do lsd and our existences combine and feel together…

So I’d probably be a slayer if I didn’t wait until 27 to talk to girls. If it wasn’t games tho it would have been something else. Gonna play portal together and shit

Anonymous

Why isn’t she your girlfriend or wife? I don’t understand the purpose of a FWB. Congrats tho

Anonymous
        Anonymous

>So I’d probably be a slayer

Anonymous

unironically turning to drugs. Videogames have become my escape from the dogshit world that we call life.

Anonymous

This or suicide. Especially because my autism got worse over time.

Anonymous

I’m more curious what my life would be like if I had never gotten a job. It feels like my life doesn’t belong to me anymore.

Anonymous

Who really knows?
      It’s hard to think about what ifs and what could have beens.
      Better to deal with what actually is if you’re not happy with what your life is

Anonymous

A better life and being more well read, as others are saying in response. Gaming was so much more interesting than anything going on in school, even if I was paying attention to most of it.
      I don’t regret it, though. Growing up to enjoy the SNES-6th generation of consoles and their games was fantastic. Such fond memories.

It doesn’t help I live in a bumfuck place, so gaming probably saved me from becoming a handegg worshiping invalid.

Anonymous

>Better job, wife, kids etc.

I mean sure, I’ve would lived up better to society standards. But man I’m glad I didn’t now. All that shit is literally a scam after current year.

Anonymous

Prolly dead

Anonymous

pro footballer

Anonymous

Probably would have, in my boredom, gotten mixed up with bad people and gotten into drugs like basically everyone I know who lives in this town.

Anonymous

Dead, drugs, or probably into anime/manga (but never to the point where I cosplay or any of that shit…and still being involved with drugs). If the internet still happens as normal, then I’d just
      do what I already do now: Go to work, pay bills, support the family, and kill time on Ganker. I’d stumble upon /a/, get stuck there for a few years, browse around and check out Ganker and Ganker, buy my first console just to do it (or try the PC), and start casually playing games. Only difference is I’d have missed the golden era of games by a long shot.

tl;dr if I don’t die via being shot or overdose, then I end up here anyway. Just more fucked up most likely.

Anonymous

I still would have picked up gaming, because that’s the paradigm of our times. It just would have been way later in life and my taste would be way worse. I’d think Overwatch was good or something and I’d be obsessed with titty streamers.

Anonymous

Yeah, the question is a little absurd. Everyone plays vidya these days, everyone. The question should be, what if you were a normie and didn’t consider video games a hobby?

And in that case I’d just be into normalfag shit, same as you said, and wouldn’t pay attention to new releases outside of the new CoD or whatever and I’d think shit like anime games were for losers or Nintendo games were for little kids.

Anonymous

in the shitter.
      So about the same.

Anonymous

I had to spend about 3 and a half years without gaming, I was mostly bored and read books, studied languages or watched something (usually anime). I’m not who I am today because I play vidya, I play vidya because I’m this way.

Anonymous

Probably dead since I’d have had nothing to get me past the deep depressive episode that saw me withdraw from the entire world between 2005 and 2010.

Barely pulled out of it as it was.

Anonymous

I don’t know, potentially quite different. I had an interest in electronics and technology as long as I remember, video games were a natural fit and part of the reason I ended up with a well-paying programmer job now.

Anonymous

>GF
      >Better grades and most likely better schooling past High School
      >More active and outdoorsy hobbies
      >Motivation and drive to do something that would actually make me money
      >Would probably watch more anime
      Meh

Anonymous

I’d be a school shooter and either dead or in jail

Anonymous

All these posts are cope. Without a video games addiction you would be a much healthier, happier, and more successful person.

Anonymous

[…]

Probably kept him out of gangs

Anonymous

Raycis

Anonymous

I probably wouldn’t have stunted my growth by averaging 3 hours of sleep per night from middle school to the end of high school nor would I have started chugging pop like its water to stay awake.

Anonymous

I’d prolly be some strung out junkie

Anonymous

I might be an underemployed loser instead of unemployed loser.

Anonymous

worse

Anonymous

Probably would’ve put more time into the gym, sports and movies/books/anime, but otherwise I don’t think much would’ve changed. I would be an absolute retard when it comes to electronics though, only reason I learned how to do anything on a computer was because of vidya.

Also SNK, if you give me pic I’ll buy your XV season pass.

Anonymous

Same, that’d be great

Anonymous

Would prefer Gato, but Futaba is cool too.

Anonymous

I had a ghost visit me in the middle of the night and try to show me exactly this. it wasnt that much better. Instead of playing video games I was watching Netflix while laying on my couch doing laundry.

I asked him what the point of all this and if it was a vision of things that are to come or may yet be and he kinda just shrugged so I gave up and asked him to teleport me back to my room because I had work tomorrow

Anonymous

Probably an alcoholic

Anonymous

More successful. Probably wouldn’t be working a dead end job, single, and contemplating suicide.

Viewing 42 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.