which one is better?

Home Forums A haunted junk yard which one is better?

• This topic has 67 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 35 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

which one is better?

Anonymous

DS

Anonymous

>forced to use snaking or you lose
        no thanks

Anonymous

Snaking is no different than Tekken’s KBD. Learn the tech or fuck off.

Anonymous

Snaking is easier. I’d honestly say so long as you didn’t stick with dogshit karts in either DD or DS, you probably would figure on your own that chaining mini turbos was really fast, to the point where squeezing them by doing left rights on straight aways went faster, or about as fast if you were really sloppy, but it’s satisfying to pull off so you can keep on going anyway.

Anonymous

The official Double Dash guide actually encourages snaking. The mechanic was intentional.

Anonymous

fbpb

Anonymous

Anonymous

Double Dash

Anonymous

8DX, most amount of content, good online, and amazing soundtrack. Also no broken exploit shit like snaking or fire hopping to ruin races by autismos

Anonymous

8, only cuz it ripped off the superior f-zero games

Anonymous

wii

Anonymous

Roster-wise, Wii is the GOAT.

For everything else, 8DX is better.

Anonymous

8D has 40 percent more characters. That’s almost 20 characters more than Wii. It also has most of Wii’s characters. The only omissions are Diddy Kong, Funky Kong, and Birdo so far as I know. Dunno how just those three characters would make the roster better than the selection in 8D.

Anonymous

quality over quanity, mate.

Anonymous

>diddy, funky and birdo somehow make up for losing 20 other characters
            cringe over quality, apparently

Anonymous

Ah yes, because all of the Koopalings, the Metal characters, Tanooki Mario, and Cat Peach are all wonderful roster choices and not padding.

Anonymous

8D has all of Wii’s characters minus the three mentioned and then 17 in their place with skins to top it off. It’s got both.

Most of those 40 extra characters are clones and Koopa characters. Mario Kart Wii actually manages to hve a more diverse roster.

Nope. See above.

Anonymous

>quality over quanity, mate.
            kek that means 8DX is better as well then because it has all of the wii characters. based self defeating retard

Anonymous

Most of those 40 extra characters are clones and Koopa characters. Mario Kart Wii actually manages to hve a more diverse roster.

Anonymous

crash team racing

Anonymous

DS is better for Single Player, Wii is better for Online, DD has the best perspective & sense of speed at 150cc.
      8DX is too mechanically shallow and defense item driven to be fun, everyone gets Triple Reds, Mushrooms & Stars are as weak as they’ve ever been in the game especially with perhaps the least amount of strong shortcuts in the series.

Anonymous

Wii is awful, ds and 8d are the best

Anonymous

Wii is better, but 8DX is still extremey good.

Anonymous

If you are comparing a Switch title to GC/Wii, the Switch title is better 99% of the time.

Anonymous

The only people who think Wii is good are those autists who still play Wii online with modded courses. Wii was probably my least favorite

Anonymous

t. casualbaby

Anonymous

I wouldn’t be surprised.

Anonymous

I love wii but I never learned how to mod the courses or even attain the mod packs from people cause I suck ass

Anonymous

Neither, shitendo has never made a good game

Anonymous

Wii had a better roster and better online (Purely because you didn’t have to pay for it). Also having to unlock characters is something I miss.

Other than that, MK8D is objectively better.

Anonymous

>Also having to unlock characters is something I miss

Yeah, playing Mario Kart 8 was much more fulfilling to me than 8 Deluxe because of that. Unlocking just parts is kinda lame, and being able to hold 2 items at once makes everyone basically invincible most of the times

Anonymous

It’s not often mentioned too but 8/8D’s UI is really fucking dry and makes these unlocks boring. Wii or Double Dash took the time to take to a separate screen just to show you what you had unlocked, which makes it that much more rewarding.

Anonymous

I have wonderful memories with both, but Mario Kart 8 is simply a masterpiece as far as content and care for details go for me. I still jam to most of its OST to this day, while MKWii I only am deeply attached to a few songs (e.g Coconut Mall)

Anonymous

Wii by far.

Anonymous

why’d they cut mission mode from wii?
      did they think nobody liked it?
      did they think that online mode would replace it?

Anonymous

There’s actually files in the game for an aborted Mission Mode. They used a few of them for the online only challenge modes but after they stopped doing those you never got to see them again. Hell they ended the online events so early into the game’s lifespan that probably a good chunk of people didn’t even know it once had things like boss battles.

Anonymous

>it’s a get to first place only to get hit by some inescapable retarded shell shit episode

This game can suck my dick

Anonymous

Honestly, Wii. I found the online in it better and more fun than 8.

Anonymous

SNES

Anonymous

wii had objectively better driving mechanics
      playing mk8 makes you feel like you are on training wheels, you cannot feel the speed at all

Anonymous

will there ever be another mario kart that’s purely kart racing? no gliding bullshit?

Anonymous

Nope.

Its all marketing gimmicks. No way Nintendo would ever give up the schtick of having a new gimmick every game since MK7. At best the gimmicks in MK8 will be replaced by whatever new gimmick they make up in the new Mario Kart.

Anonymous

what’s wrong with gliding you bigot

Anonymous

8 has more content, but I had more fun with Wii.

Anonymous

every console mario kart is better than the last

Anonymous

Is the Green Shell smartbouncing bullshit still in 8 Deluxe? That shit sucked in 8 on Wii U.

Anonymous

I’m pretty sure "smartbouncing" doesn’t actually exist, it’s just an effect of green shells being so massive that it’s really easy to get hit by them.

Because if you think about it, smart bouncing would require context sensitive trajectory changes when attempting to target nearby players. Due to the way the networking works, the positions of all players are not perfectly synchronized, so if smartbouncing existed, it would frequently be wrong, at least for some players. Additionally, there are issues with lag that would make it extremely apparent, such as the shells "warping" to the correct position after a supposed smartbounce.

Basically, for green shells to not appear laggy as fuck, their movements need to be synchronized and deterministic across all connected players, and the existence of a smartbouncing mechanism would break this.

Anonymous

Smart bouncing existed in Mario Kart 8. I remember testing it out in a race by firing a Green Shell straight ahead at a wall perpendicular to me. Instead of bouncing back toward me like it should’ve, it went right and hit one of the CPU players.

Also there’s this:

https://youtu.be/I_FG0qMXMiA

Anonymous

MK Wii with custom tracks, custom music and custom textures.

Anonymous

8DX is better by a country mile if only based on base game content. mkwii without mods is shit
      >worst retro tracks
      >two usable characters online
      >thundercloud exists

Anonymous

>Two characters usable online
        So like every Mario Kart?

Anonymous

Nope. People lean towards the heavier character classes in 150cc and those each have multiple choices which expand even further in the sub-classes of a given weight. We also see more variety in 200cc where those high-weight options aren’t as valuable to consistency/off-setting the shift in how races go. You can find great success with a broad selection to work with even when playing meta.

Anonymous

Well, let’s head over to a reliable source, the highest level of play for the game
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiqOgXOO_9w
            Oops! 11 Waluigis in the same setup. It looks like Anon is just too shit at the game for it to matter, much like another Anon would be too shit at the game to make a difference if he picked Luigi on the Dolphin Dasher.

Anonymous

Not only does this not refute anything said, but this is a cherry pick. Other matches even in just this same tourney feature greater character variety than you’re trying to frame.

Anonymous

wii no question. 8 is peak boring.

Anonymous

Without mods, 8DX.

Anonymous

wii was so much fun because of broken it was

Anonymous

Only bad thing I can say about Wii (other than how bikes overpowered karts) was the Thundercloud item and how fucking wonky it was online where lag could make you never get rid of it before it was too late unless you went into a cannon or something.

Anonymous

Thanks to CTGP, the Thundercloud is turned into a new custom item called the Mega Thundercloud, which grows the user rather shrinking them. Instead of racers now avoiding someone with a Thundercloud trying to pass it off because it’s a death sentence, everyone is trying to get the Mega Thundercloud from the person who has it.

Anonymous

MKWii is my favorite because of all the crazy shit you can pull with shortcuts and the high skill cap in general.

MK8D is also good too.

Anonymous

Wii is both the most mechanically interesting and chaotic. Toss in mods and it’s no contest. Snakingfags need not reply

Anonymous

Wigger Wednesday or Funky Bike, which way white man?

Anonymous

Dry Bones in the Magikruiser
        and picking the beach stage over and over to get people pissed

Anonymous

Nothing will ever beat the sheer anus-clenching intensity of having to perform a tight shortcut on the third lap of a race in MKWII.

Anonymous

Beat by the nirvana experienced by purposely lagging behind to get a lightning bolt in the first two laps and using it when people take shortcuts.

Viewing 35 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.