Why are modern games so creatively bankrupt?

Home Forums A haunted junk yard Why are modern games so creatively bankrupt?

• This topic has 55 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Why are modern games so creatively bankrupt?

Anonymous

By what metric exactly

Anonymous

Compared to PSX and PS2 games.

Anonymous

Higher dev costs. The jump to HD required much more manpower and money. Because of that, they make safe games to lower the risk of their high budget game failing financially

Anonymous

I don’t know just look at how many people are excited for the rumored MGS remake, Silent Hills remake, basically all the shit from their childhoods but with fancy next-gen graphics.

Anonymous

Compared to PSX and PS2 games.

Higher dev costs. The jump to HD required much more manpower and money. Because of that, they make safe games to lower the risk of their high budget game failing financially

I can guarantee you FF16 will have even more budget than FF15 had back in the days. Yoshida has been free to do anything he wants since he’s been promoted to have a seat at the Board of Directors, and Square will give it a huge buget since they know that the FF14 community loves the devs and will give the game a try.
        It’s litterally impossible for it to fail

>So, if I had to put into perspective the kind of work that I don’t like
        >it’s my duties on the Board of Directors
        >Of course, because of my postion, there are times when I have to see, you know, "okay, I’ve gotta look at the funds in the company" "how much money is there?"
        >and I have to look at scheduling, and planning, and those kinds of thigs as well
        from an Endwalker interview

Anonymous

Thats about him talking about saving money

Anonymous

also forgot to mention that the man saved the FF franchise back in 2013 with a much, MUCH bigger risk than the risk to make FF16 now.
          Back in the days the company didn’t even know if FF14 ARR will succeed.
          And a new numbered mainline FF game has never failed in terms of profit, even fucking FF13 was a succes despite the game being garbage, and look at the budget they gave that game.

Anonymous

It even took them years till they got their first profit out of ff14 – japanese pride paid out for once

Anonymous

FF16 looks like a damn PS3 game, it doesn’t have the biggest budget ever just because Yoshida is a suit and he is known for cutting down costs.

Anonymous

that was one year ago, it hasn’t been polished yet. But it STILL looked nothing like a PS3 game.
            hell, the pre-alpha footage we had last year looks better than Nioh 2.
            you’re either blind or a Nomurafag coping that he’s now demoted to make spinoff and mobile games

Anonymous

>literal ps3 textures in a """""next-gen"""""" game
              >actually comparing it to a budget non-mainline title from NioH devs
              Can’t wait for your defunct syphilitic brain to cry about your boogeymen for 500 posts.

Anonymous
                  Anonymous

Yeah, you take your meds, schizo. There isn’t a single sane person who would say that FF16 looks graphically impressive.

Anonymous

you’re a braindead monkey melanoid and you need to get your eyes checked before you talk back to me again.

Anonymous

Looks like a Nintendo Switch port.

Anonymous

>But it STILL looked nothing like a PS3 game.
              if yoshida had to apologize for the graphics looking rough, then you might be wrong here

Anonymous

The least ambitious Final Fantasy in history.

Anonymous

I’d say dropping the cyber/steampunk aesthetic for the first time in 25 years is very ambitious.

Anonymous

FF used to innovate and push video game graphics forward. Now it’s just a mediocre mishmash of stale fantasy and WRPG tropes that chases after fucking CDPR as if FFXV wasn’t already inspired by Witcher and GTA.

Anonymous

You’re uh..you’re really stupid. If this isnt bait then its actual mental illness. Get help loser

Anonymous

>mindless seething
              As expected from a brand worshipping NPC.
              >IT’S TEH FINAL FANTASY! IT MUST BE GOOD!
              You need to change your diaper, boomer.

Anonymous

On one side you have the liberal arts students, and on the other you got talented people who don’t really play games. They just follow orders

Anonymous

Final Fantasy Witcher edition. Developers saw the success of witcher in 2015 and thought that’s where the money would be. Years later no one gives two shits about that kind of fantasy anymore.

Anonymous

We’ll see when Wheel of Time comes out

Anonymous

Is Barry going to kill himself when it outsells FF15 launch week ?

Anonymous

I know right, Final Fantasy XV was such absolute garbage I hope that Yoshida’s team does a good job on XVI so that it doesn’t end up as bad as XV. Same goes for Final Fantasy Origin which is shaping up to be a better FFXV

Anonymous

Because hacks like Inafune and Yoshi-P think that Japanese media can’t compete (wrong, Kimetsu outsold entire Western comic industry) and by mindlessly appeasing Western normalfags they will make a successful product.

Anonymous

and Avengers Endgame made like 8 times as much as Mugen Train

Anonymous

Because they need retards to buy them.

Anonymous

That face is so ugly it looks like a vampire off 30 days of night

Anonymous

Why are old-school gamers such nostalgia-craving jadelords?

Anonymous

Hi barry

Anonymous

what the hell is OP barry seething again?

ff16 looks great.
      will be the first reason to buy a ps5

Anonymous

Because you’ve already decided to have a pessimistic outlook from the get go

Anonymous

Honestly I’m kinda excited for this game. Square will never go back to the classic formula, so this is probably the closest to a true Final Fantasy game that we’ll get.

Anonymous

>Square will never go back to the classic formula

because that wouldnt work nowdays.
        old formula wasmade for a ps1 era.
        that lies over 25 years in the past now.

Anonymous

I mean Bravely Default 1 was pretty fun. It’s just a shame that the old formula is pushed into a side series. I always thought that the switch to an ARPG was weird, considering that Kingdom Hearts was supposed to be Square’s main ARPG.

Anonymous

>Kingdom Hearts was supposed to be Square’s main ARPG.
            disney is too hard to work with to get consistant titles out on the high budget

Anonymous

>because that wouldnt work nowdays.
          It works just fine.
          Bravely Default sold like hotcakes, and so did Yakuza 7. There’s plenty an audience for classic jrpgs, and by not making turn based FFs Square is only making it thirstier.

Anonymous

>Bravely Default sold like hotcakes
            >so did Yakuza 7.
            >There’s plenty an audience for classic jrpgs,
            Dragon quest, but only the japs care about it.

Anonymous

Don’t care, still buying Final Fantasy X DMC no matter what.

Anonymous

It’s going for the Games of Thrones crowd, the graphics look like FF14 PS3 era at 60FPS, the concept of party members in a JRPG is gone because much work small indie company SquareEnix, and combat is action meme for casual gamers, I hate FF16.

Anonymous

>Ganker wants another game they don’t play to fail
      At least save your autism for games that actually deserve it

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.