Why can’t Capcom create a game just like this, but in a new setting with a new story? Is it rea…

Home Forums A haunted junk yard Why can’t Capcom create a game just like this, but in a new setting with a new story? Is it rea…

• This topic has 101 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 24 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Why can’t Capcom create a game just like this, but in a new setting with a new story? Is it really that hard???

Anonymous

Autism.

Anonymous

because it would sell 2 copies

Anonymous

Why would anything nice ever happen?

Anonymous

Why do that when you can slap the RE logo on it and move an additional 5m copies?

Anonymous

I don’t think OP meant making a new IP anon.

Anonymous

Aside from the perspective and monster type, that’s what 7 and 8 were.

Anonymous

Except RE2 has good pacing and level design

Anonymous

only the first half

Anonymous

Nah the sewers still have pretty good level design, especially compared to RE8, and RE7’s second half. The lab is kind of flat but it’s at least serviceable.

Anonymous

The sewers are the weakest part with the exception of that one area with the chimeras. It was just a load of backtracking that gets more noticeable once you start trying for S+ Rank. The labs weren’t great but at least they were short lived and generally linear.

Anonymous

Nah, the lab’s the worst. Sewers give me sh2 vibes

Anonymous

Because IP is so famous that it has to sell trillions. It will never be like this anymore, every sequel will feature a more simple map so normies can’t get stuck. They know how to do it, but it’s too risky.

Anonymous

I really wish I knew why the textures in R3MAKE get crusty after long periods of time playing.

Anonymous

Wait what?

Anonymous

They probably think it wouldn’t sell as much as just pumping out remakes.
      I’m not sure if they’re right or not. But if they want it to sell they could just bring back a previous protagonist.

Anonymous

just wait for revelations 3

Anonymous

I just want more of the gore from RE2R, resident evil 8 shooting feels like call of duty.

Anonymous

They can’t make another one because old game design philosophy is a lost art.

Old games had very limited hardware, and weren’t capable of very detailed and realistic design, so the devs had to make sure the game design was tight as fuck. New games rely on graphics and production values for immersion, not game design. Basically: fancier graphics = lazier game design, because the better the graphics the easier it is to distract the player. If you’re playing a PS1 game there’s not much to "hide" behind, so the game better be good.

The closest Capcom got was RE7, and that was still had a lot of typical "modern elements" that distracted from the classic RE experience. Even REmake2 is guilty of this, the Alligator being a clear example.

Anonymous

This is something I have been realising lately, most video games with soul have it out of compromise. I spent so much on GPUs over the years and I cant even stand AAA games anymore.

Anonymous

Team Ico was the last studio that had old school game design with AAA presentation.

Anonymous

I’d rather have another game like Rev2, ie. the best RE game since 4.

Anonymous

Resident Evil 2 was good.
      >But in no way shape or form
      should it be a gold standard. It needs more time in the oven and had a great deal of issues.

>anon
      you need to understand that companies now adays are not intrested in making new IPs like the PSx / PS2-3 era. Throwing shit at the wall and finding hits when it stick. They just want to turn profit as quickly as possible and keep players buying their shit.
      The only thing companies has done is become main stream and fuck up things
      >(like claire’s censorship. Leon is in the same outfit but her’s is different… and even censored)
      and shit out the same generic 3 genders of shooters, 3rd person, overbudget voice talent games.

Another crash needs to happen before we have that era again. Indy gaming is dead, its been brought up by big companies that want them exclusive and gives them guide lines to follow.

Anonymous

What’re you even talking about?
        >Claire’s censorship
        How is her outfit censored? She shows more skin

Anonymous

her original outfit looks like a throw away character from AME’s walking dead and has been seen a ton in zombie movies forever so big shocker

they changed it dramaticly from the re2 classic outfit. shorts have changed they are no longer short shorts, and just looks and feels off. but they def toned it down that’s for sure. doesn’t look like her other outfits. from the nintendo games either.

Anonymous

this one anon?

Anonymous

yeah thats the one. Never played it but only watched the opening cutscene.

Anonymous

That’s not Claire’s original outfit, this is.

Anonymous

You are legitimately retarded. Look at pic related. That’s her original outfit. Notice how her spanx covers up twice as much. The original was more censored than the new game. Take your meds.

Anonymous

> fuck of anon
              there was nothing censored about this original design as there was nothing to base it off to censor. The Remake ‘classic’ biker outfit looked sloppy as fuck and didn’t look anything like her CGI counterpart.
              > wobbly back fanny pack
              > standard shorts
              > no black T but a tank top. (never fucking saw that before in a western videogame for women **rolls eyes**
              > missing biker gloves
              It’s a mess. Why are there mods that do a better job of recreating the outfit than the creators did?

Anonymous

>missing biker gloves
                >censored

Meds anon. Take them

Anonymous

yes and magically tap dance around the other issues with that sloppy outfit.
                  >Meds
                  You must be dealing drugs promoting brain damage and addiction to think anyone would be stupid enough not to see the clear differences.
                  again if modder neckbeards can do it in a basement there’s no reason a multimillion dollar company couldn’t have.

Anonymous

Would be great since they’re remaking 4 anyway, they used this system. It’s clearly the same type of gameplay but tweaked to be better. Unfortunately we know they wont and theres even rumors RE4 is going to be VR.

Anonymous

RE4VR is a separate project.

I think RE4make is being done by the RE2make team.

Anonymous

So are they remaking RE4 twice? Once for VR and once with upgraded gameplay/visuals

Anonymous

The VR one is the original game just in first person and no more melee finishers. Oh and it’s censored.

The remake is a ground up thing.

Anonymous

Yeah seems like Capcom and SquareEnix are having a hard time realizing when they’ve struck gold. RE2 remake is literally the best that RE can be. RE4 needs to use its engine, formula etc. If RE4 remake is a god damn first person shooter people are going to riot. SquareEnix has absolutely nailed ARPG combat with FF7R but they’re going with a DMC style character action direction for FFXVI. I love DMC but that’s not final fantasy. With FF7R they’ve managed to blend ATB turn based elements and action very well. Oh and you have a party in FF7R vs. the solo action of FFXVI so its a pretty big departure from what makes FF.

Anonymous

The game was top loaded (resident evil 2 remake). It got boring after. Almost like a corridor shooter.

Anonymous

>If RE4 remake is a god damn first person shooter people are going to riot.
        It will be and it should be die of rona boomer faggit
        >I love DMC but that’s not final fantasy.
        mad cuz bad git gud

Anonymous

>SquareEnix has absolutely nailed ARPG combat with FF7R but they’re going with a DMC style character action direction for FFXVI
        First of all. Every FF installment has different combat. Sure it used to be all turn based but even then the systems were different. Since XII they haven’t looked back. XIII had it’s own type(s) of combat. XV had a terrible but unique type of combat. VIIR has a great use of action while still utilizing the old menu system and Materia. You can see how its combat evolved from Crisis Core(and maybe a little bit of Kingdom Hearts) and now with XVI they are again, doing something different. Which makes doubly sense since they got the combat director from the DMC games. Them doing their own thing is a constant. Besides you act like they are just dropping the ARPG combat from FF7R when you and I both know theres at least 2 more Remake games coming that will utilize the same combat. By that point I wonder how many retards will be complaining about Square never doing anything new.

Anonymous

I was honestly very surprised with how good VIIR’s combat system ended up being. I was expecting something worse after XV’s mess. Most I’d have to say about it is that aerial combat is very poorly implemented. Now if only the game wasn’t so tightly balanced and let you play around more with silly materia builds

Anonymous

>Now if only the game wasn’t so tightly balanced and let you play around more with silly materia builds
            I’m betting you’re going to be able to do some really stupid materia combos later that play the game for you.

Anonymous

A lot of things about FF7Rs combat feels unfinished. The aerial combat. The frogs. The items not being usable in Hard. I like to think the combat is a work in progress and we will see much more refined and customizable stuff in the future games. Good thing is that where it sits right now, it’s got a fantastic foundation.

Anonymous

>RE2 remake is literally the best that RE can be
        No, that would be pic related

Anonymous

No one is playing fixed camera tank controls in 2021 eat infinity dicks. We are not limited to 4MB of memory to work with, it is not necessary to drop 8 polygons onto a prerendered background anymore. Let it fucking go.

Anonymous

Filtered casual, you don’t deserve the pure distilled essence of survival horror that is vanilla RE1

Anonymous

>it is not necessary to drop 8 polygons onto a prerendered background anymore

Anonymous

I want to behead every electionfag that brought their fucking Qtard grand parents to this site.

Anonymous

So you admit to being a booty blasted underage then? Literally getting mad because you were not born yet?

Anonymous

>retrofag
                  >movie reference from the bronze age
                  I’m not 53, doesn’t mean I’m underage.

Anonymous

But you do seem to be bitter about not playing games before your time which is a bitch made gen Z problem. I wasn’t alive when games like Super Mario Bros were breaking ground, doesn’t mean i spend all my time acting like a jaded fuck about games from that time period because i missed out, i just went back and played them with the context that they were from a different era. Enjoyed the fuck out of a lot them.
                    You though, i seem to meet a lot more of people like you that mysteriously wont praise or even try anything older than Kindom Hearts 1 and the people i meet like that are extremely bitter sounding about it all, acting like it’s everyone else who is being the fucking poopyhole.
                    >hmm yes, FFVII from the 1990’s but did it sell as many copies as GTAV??? Checkmate

Anonymous

Have you played any of the fixed camera games?

Anonymous

>t. too too young to ever know what it was like to play the original RE when it actually first came out

Anonymous

REmake HD remaster, a port of a 2002 fixed camera RE game that came out in 2015 has sold 3 million copies
            Sounds like they do

Anonymous

They probably were inspired to continue the new storyline 7 started since it sold well enough, now that 8 is done with (unless it will be a trilogy per some rumors here and there) they should be returning to the over-the-shoulder games.

They’re getting kind of dumb with the ‘WE WANT THE PC AUDIENCE’ stich but at least they haven’t said ‘ok every RE game from here on out will be in the style of 7 and 8’

Anonymous

Resident Evil 2 2019s biggest flaw is it keeps dicksuckin a game from 20 years ago it doesn’t look or play like.

Could have had the hot new horror ip.

Anonymous

>be a remake
        >WOW DICK SUCKING MUCH?

Anonymous

I’m trying to get through the original FF7 and its boring as fuck. Spells don’t really add to the combat at all, they’re just longer animations that don’t really make fights faster with the increased damage.

Anonymous

Summons are long but regular spells aren’t but yeah, FFVII’s gameplay is pedestrian for a JRPG, the main appeal is the story and music.

Anonymous

I know what you mean anon, I played FF7 Remake earlier this year and loved so I came back to the original.
        It’s a nice game to play if you just wanna have a beer and chill while enjoying the music and old graphics but the random encounters really kill this game for me. I hate that shit

Anonymous

Midgar is a slog in the original. You barely get any Materia or weapons until you leave the city. Once it opens up and you’re able to mix it up does the gameplay really begin to take off. But like other anon said, the main draw of the game was the story and music.

Anonymous

Yo what mods am I seeing here, is it a pain in the cock to install?

Anonymous

I use 7th Heaven mod manager to download and install the mods. That’s the NinoStyle character models.

Anonymous

I use 7th Heaven mod manager to download and install the mods. That’s the NinoStyle character models.

Why mod the game at all? You’re completely fucking up the experience.

Anonymous

Final Fantasy has always struggled to make magic worthwhile outside of a small number of enemies, this kind of persists in any FF without jobs/classes like FF9 and even in FFX the sphere-grid will eventually leave your mages smacking things for max damage anyway.

Its why I eventually left the series, playing Shin Megami will really show how brain dead easy FFs combat system is and the stories hardly hold up to todays RPGs (Witcher 3 destroys X which is probably the best written FF) so what do they have left except our nostalgia?

Skip em unless you really want to see where modern RPGs come from.

Anonymous

They wasted new settings and stories with CGI movies and tv series. Just look at Leon, you only have 2/4/6 but now they blew him with CGI movies/series non-stop because much chasing Ada.

Anonymous

Yeah some of RE’s non-game material has some pretty interesting premises that I think would be great to see used for a game. Stuff like the pre-RE1 promotional comic or the Umbrella Chronicles comic would be really cool to play through.

Anonymous

There’s a radio play from right around the first game’s release that has a neat premise, even if the execution is pretty retarded. It’s about a Satanic cult somewhere in the Arklay region that drink the blood of an infected snake in a ritual and that leads to an outbreak in a small town near Raccoon City. Jill somehow gets dragged into all this like the day before RE1 takes place.
          I like the idea of other, smaller outbreaks going on at the same time though. It’d be a neat way to get some different scenery and characters. Maybe even sort of an Outbreak-style thing with 4 or 5 smaller pre-Mansion scenarios set around the Arklay region.

Anonymous

The pre-RE2 era of RE seems so interesting to me. It would be so cool just to have games that involve investigating the various monster sightings in the Arklay mountains both before and after the mansion incident.

Anonymous

yeah I fucking want monster hunter with re3’s control

Anonymous

I think it might have been a fluke OP. And if it wasn’t, everyone crying about Mr. X and headshots has probably gaslit the RE2 team into think they didn’t make the best gameplay in the franchise.

Anonymous

Maybe they are.

Anonymous

Easy to go full retard like RE3

Anonymous

Same reason a new game with a new setting had to have the Resident evil name tagged on it.
      To sell.

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.