Why do people pretend that Morrowind’s combat is more fun than Skyrim’s combat? Bro, this …

Home Forums A haunted junk yard Why do people pretend that Morrowind’s combat is more fun than Skyrim’s combat? Bro, this …

• This topic has 73 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 39 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Why do people pretend that Morrowind’s combat is more fun than Skyrim’s combat? Bro, this casual shit is so much more enjoyable than morrowind’s janky shit combat.

Anonymous

I find this webm funny because this is how i think morrowind fans behave when they play skyrim or morrowind.

Anonymous

Sounds to me you’re getting trolled hard, OP.

Anonymous

They don’t.

Anonymous
        Anonymous
          Anonymous

>supposed morrowind fan who "loves" reading all of the text dialogue in the game doesn’t want to read all of that shit
          the irony

Anonymous

I read it all.
            Doesn’t add anything to the lore and the level of writing doesn’t match the, usually, good writing Morrowind has. 0/10 mod.

Anonymous

I wouldn’t call it "good writing" to have 99% NPCs in a game be personalityless cardboard cutouts who are there only to dump walls of text of useless trivia.

Anonymous

>fur fag
                maybe delatrune or undersnail or one shot and all the outher tranny rpg maker earthbound clones are more your speed
                it appears you dont have the superior intellect to understand the masterpiece that is the elder scrolls 3 morrowind
                the game
                THE GAME
                that has stoped my white bretherd from slamming meth and turning into trannys

Anonymous

Rich coming from a fucking quest author

Anonymous

It’s worth the read anon

Anonymous

Lol, an actually accurate usage of that image.

Anonymous

>combat isnt skill based
        >not enough positioning
        >not enough dodging
        Its a fucking RPG. Why are you people so obsessed with player skill in an RPG game? If you want a game where movement and positioning matters in combat, then why don’t you play an action game? Its like you dont understand what an RPG is actually supposed to be, where it is the skill of your character, and not your own, that determines success. It is much better if your success is determined by your attack skills and blocking skills and items in an RPG, because otherwise whats even the point of those stats in the first place?

Anonymous

then don’t half ass a real time first person game. morrowind did it really poorly.

Anonymous

Its a first person RPG. There is nothing half assed about it. They just expect you to have the intelligence to understand what playing an RPG actually entails.

Anonymous

>an rpg with skill is "action"
              git gud shitter

Anonymous

Its a first person CRPG not a fucking ARPG

Anonymous

the section about the exploration not having great loot is dead wrong. out of any open world game morrowind has the most generous loot of any that i’ve played. every cave with bandits or smugglers has thousands and thousands of items world of gold in the boxes and barrells like skooma, moon sugar, scrolls and potions. the dwemer ruins have similarly valuable items in all the contains like dwemer coins, glass and diamons and emeralds. when plundering dungeons you are meant to ransack all the containers and collect all the items as a reward. and this isn’t even counting the general "prize" at the end of most dungeons which usually involves some really expensive and unique items and scrolls. morrowind very richly rewards you for exploring and dungeon crawling

Anonymous

I agree with this. I had the exact same problem with that Fighter’s Guild quest with the orc. If the game’s combat is weird and janky, the immersion is constantly broken, and the character progression takes an eternity and is handicapped by constant failures early on, how well does the roleplaying really work? A lot of things in Morrowind seem like they would come together well on paper, but the overall result is just underwhelming unless you’re a passionate RPG fan or played it when it was new.

Anonymous

Morrowind and Skyrim’s combat are just about equally shit for different reasons. Morrowind for being janky as fuck converted tabletop mechanics that honestly feels like something that was just thrown in without much thought. Skyrim for being shallow, meaningless button-mashing with barely any response from the enemies such that it feels like you’re beating them with a whiffle bat until they fall over and pretend to die. The fact that Skyrim has better graphics so you can see its shit combat in HD changes nothing about how badly it’s designed.

how exactly is morrowind’s combat "janky"? Do you even know what janky means? because this does not describe morrowind. in morrowind, there is no delay on the controls, and every action does what you expect. every input is crisp and responsive. what about it, at all, is jank? there is nothing about it that is awkward to control.

Anonymous

Jank is a word with no real definition.
            That is why it is used by weakminded individuals. You can’t rebut words like jank or soul.

Anonymous

>much of the early game is spent basically failing at everything you try to do
        I have been confused about this complaint for a long time. If you choose the right major skill and use it you will be effective very early on. A redguard with long blade will be instantly very effective with swords. In fact you probably start off as overpowered in this case

Anonymous

[…]

Any hidden lore about thus schizo? Who is he?

Anonymous

Did the skyrim character just punch while holding a sword? Lmao

Anonymous

To me it looked more like he hit with the pommel

Anonymous

I think Morrowind’s combat is more fun because it does exactly what you expect it to. The control is tight and there is no delay, and its based on all the numbers of your skills, your weapon and abilities.

On the other hand I think Skyrim just feels really shitty and sluggish. What exactly is fun about it? Most combat encounters, your attacks feel weak as fuck and you usually just end up hacking your sword at them doing pitiful damage because apparently this is preferable to actually missing sometimes. It is very mechanically unsatisfying which is probably why stealth archer became a meme in the first place. They made Fus as the default shout because otherwise combat is nothing more than tediously hacking away at shields over and over

Anonymous
        Anonymous

lmao, how do people look at this and think it looks good? morrowind is horrible

Anonymous

morrowind fags are always in denial

Anonymous

NOOOOO MODERN GAMES ARE LE BAD OK??? B..BECAUSE THEY JUST ARE I NEED TO FEEL UNIQUE AND SPECIAL BY PLAYING OLD GAMES WITH CRYPTIC MECHANICS, PLOTLESS STORY AND HORRIBLE GAMEPLAY AND THEN TELL EVERYONE HOW ITS BETTER

Anonymous

Skyrim is equally bad, morrowind at least take in consideration the character attributes, Skyrim you just slap shit until its dead.

Anonymous

They play exactly the same except Skyrim has far worse magic.

Anonymous

the shouts make up for it, and thus there’s more magic diversity than morrowind’s bland magic system

Anonymous

Combat is shit in every tes

Anonymous

Both have shit combat even if skiram look prettier.

Anonymous

top: jank
      bottom: fun jank

Anonymous

>miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss
        >"fun"
        Dumb boomer.

Anonymous

rangeban all wojakfaggots

Anonymous

They both fucking suck.

Anonymous

>rangeban all wojakfaggots

Anonymous

Nobody likes Morrowind’s combat. Nobody has EVER liked Morrowind’s combat. But you knew that, you’re just inventing a villain for yourself to fight.

Anonymous

We have this thread what, 5 times per day?
      Combat looks like shit in both games, Skyrimjob just tricks you into thinking it’s dynamic.

Anonymous
      Anonymous

Dice roll combat is more rewarding. In Skyrim, your sword hit 20, you hit 20. In Morrowind the hit depend on chop/slash/thrust, stamina, strength, agility, ability with the weapon and oponent stats.

Anonymous

Why do people always try to cram high-fidelity models and textures into old 3D games? Shit always looks awful and out of place.

Anonymous

cope.
          there is nothing wrong with modding, retard.

Anonymous

he looks like fucking rowan atkinson god morrowind is a shitty looking game

Anonymous

You are fighting a dude in full armor vs a zombie in his underwear. of course its going to take longer.

Anonymous

filtered

Anonymous

I don’t know it’s quite fun

Anonymous

>Why do people pretend that Morrowind’s combat is more fun than Skyrim’s combat?
      it is

Anonymous

Morrowind and Skyrim’s combat are just about equally shit for different reasons. Morrowind for being janky as fuck converted tabletop mechanics that honestly feels like something that was just thrown in without much thought. Skyrim for being shallow, meaningless button-mashing with barely any response from the enemies such that it feels like you’re beating them with a whiffle bat until they fall over and pretend to die. The fact that Skyrim has better graphics so you can see its shit combat in HD changes nothing about how badly it’s designed.

Anonymous

skyrimfags are coping 24/7. Imagine having to play the same game for the last 10 years and convince yourself it’s still good

Anonymous

I know the op is shitposting but I never had any problems with dice rolls for melee. I can’t imagine anyone having issue with them. Yeah at first you miss, especially fighting high level monsters but if you follow MSQ, guild quests and train your skills you will be good. You literally can buy skill ups.

Anonymous

>Dice rolls? In an RPG?!
      >NOOOOOOOO HELP ME, TODD, I’M GOING INSAAAAAANE

Anonymous

Why do you always bring up the combat system, the thing no one says they like about Morrowind?

Anonymous

Never heard anyone claim that, ever, but the stat based RnD is kinda interesting. It’s different, and that can be refreshing along with making you appreciate the new combat system too when you go back to Skyrim.
      Both systems are flawed though, and whatever comes next I hope it’s great.
      I have low expectations for TES6, and if creation club is the only way to get mods I am never buying it. Lost so much confidence in the industry I don’t even preorder anymore.

Anonymous

Skyrim’s combat is only fun if you’re a brainlet who finds mashing m1/m2 until bar go bye bye fun. Morrowind actually require an iota of though and punishes you like in pic related for being a fucking retard.
      Funny how magic/potions are always missing from these arguments.

Anonymous

Morrowinds combat is the least challenging of any of the Big 3 TES games. If you are looking for a mindless power fantasy you pick Morrowind.

The combat being easy AND exploitable is the selling point to Morrowind fans. They are challenge averse.

Anonymous

What kind of absolute fucking neanderthal do you have to be to find skyrim’s combat challenging at any point. Even the dumbest fucking normalfags on the planet don’t find that shit challenging in the least.

Anonymous

Don’t change the subject.
          Morrowinds combat is not designed to challenge the player in any way. Maybe induce some aggravation in the first hour or two but no real challenge.

Morrowinds combat is not bad it is awful. Unless you are looking for a simplistic power fantasy that is.

Anonymous

Also.
          My only point was Morrowinds combat was bad. I did not bring up Skyrim. If you wish to make comparisons do not quote me.

I am only interested in discussing Morrowinds combat. It is awful all on its own.

Anonymous

why do wojackfags feel the need to put their shitty meme on every single thing they see?

Anonymous

Both are bad in terms of being satisfying or skillful, but morrowind combat was much more thought out.

Anonymous

Elder Scrolls combat has never been good

Anonymous

I mean nothing has fundamentally changed about tes combat, it’s still the same shit with fancier animations. You can’t even claim that they’ve taken rng out of the equation since critical hits are still around.

Anonymous

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/46596
      here now stop being a faggot

Anonymous

Why don’t zoomers ever put skill points into the weapon they want to use?

What are they putting their skill points into?

Anonymous

Because stealth archer plays the same on both and the physics are more brutal in Morrowind.

Viewing 39 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.