Why does Ganker refuse to talk about this adorable little nigga? I have one and it’s honestly the …

Home Forums A haunted junk yard Why does Ganker refuse to talk about this adorable little nigga? I have one and it’s honestly the …

• This topic has 113 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 43 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Why does Ganker refuse to talk about this adorable little nigga? I have one and it’s honestly the best money I’ve ever spent in a long time.

Anonymous

I would buy it but I hate gamepass. There are only a handful of games on there that I’d like to play and buying all of them is cheaper than paying for gamepass until I finish all of them.
      But I can see why people would be drawn to this. Does it do atleast 1080p 60fps for all games?

Anonymous

900p/30

Anonymous

Lies

You tell me one game that’s 900p 30

Anonymous

Another Anon here, it will play a lot of XB1 games as a XB1 and not as a XB1X version
            DS3 used to be 30FPs util MS themselves patched it to 60

I am waiting for Sekiro to get a 60FPS patch by MS someday

Anonymous

Not Control or Shadow of the tomb raider 900p but they are super fucking lazy ports. Something happened between M$ and remedy after QB

Anonymous

I thought Control ran at 60 fps. don’t know about resolution. Is that right?

Anonymous

It does 900p 60fps but it still isn’t great compared to other enhanced games some boost mode games like alien isolation look better (1080p 60fps)

Anonymous

series s ran halo infinte at native 1080p 60fps (no drops perfect frame pacing)
        there was a 120 fps mode in an earlier beta now its gone. I dont know the numbers but it was very blurry

Anonymous

Yes other than maybe a handful of shitty ports. I’ve been rather impressed with my series s.

Anonymous

>buying all of them is cheaper than paying for gamepass until I finish all of them.
        $61 for a year of game pass

Anonymous

no disc drive and can’t be hacked. so you’re forced to use xbox digital store/gamepass.
      i’m sure it’s decent device, but i don’t really want to do either of those

Anonymous

if it would let me use it as a pc, i’d get one
      but it doesn’t, so i won’t

classic case of good hardware/bad software

Anonymous

It can literally only fit like 3 games on there. I already got a midrange pc from 2016 if I want to play old games

Anonymous

Yeah I like mine too playing wrc10 can’t wait to hear some info on the Forza Motorsport reboot 7 was shit

Anonymous

I’m just annoyed that it’s the biggest missed opportunity ever. A true X ‘box’, I would have got one.

Anonymous

We have pcs, snoys are the problematic ones

Anonymous

pajeets shit out hourly marketing threads for xbox and goypass every day. what are you talking about

Anonymous

I really like mine, first MS console. I haven’t payed for gamepass in a couple of months because I;v;e been really tied up at work and playing Switch games. Will get back to it once I finish dread, death stranding, SSHD and Outer Wilds.

Feels great to finally be an idort.

Anonymous

yeah yeah mr shill, but can it run koikatsu and meiou & taxes?

Anonymous

great for emulating but wouldn’t really recommend for just playing new games

Anonymous

I bought one as a desk companion for when I’m slacking off on my home job. Quick Resume is a godsend.

Anonymous

The only thing I’d want this for is to play my old 360 games in 4K, but as it has no disk drive I can’t do that as easily and have to buy the games all over again.

Anonymous

>play my old 360 games in 4K
        it doesn’t even do that

Anonymous

oh right I forgot, it maxes out at 1440p. that sucks.

Anonymous

360 games aren’t enhanced at all, it’s still a cool 720p for those. Some are even worse, like Ninja Gaiden II is more like 600p.

Anonymous

really? guess the only different was the higher frame rates then. seems 360 emulation is the only way forward.

Anonymous

This isn’t entirely true. There is a level of upscaling for anything running through the 360 emulator on the Series, but it’s a 2x scale in either direction with a 1080p minimum.

Anonymous

I know that’s true for Xbox games (as it was on the Xbone) but I haven’t seen it for 360 games. Do you have a source?

Anonymous

df’s review of the series talks about it
                  https://youtu.be/94O6o6yOGgA?t=1189

Anonymous

Cheers thank you

Anonymous

no problem anon, theres still a lotta good games chained to the 360 but anything that actually is back compat is way better on the new xboxes compared to the original hardware

Anonymous

Ninja gaiden 2 is actually 1170p on series s ninja gaiden black is 1440p most bc games are either 1440p or whatever resolution they had on the 360 lost odyssey for example is 720p

Anonymous

>no disc drive
      full retard

Anonymous

I’d rather get a PS5.

Anonymous

Ewww who wants that giant router

Anonymous

What makes consoles shit is that you have to pay to play online on top of the game price.

Anonymous

If you know what you’re doing you can get xbox live + game pass for about $30 a year

Anonymous

Not really all the best online games are f2p Warzone,Apex,Rocket league etc you don’t need to have gold/ps+ there is no reason to pay anymore unless you like playing COD 6v6 which is dead af

Anonymous

>no disc drive
      >here’s your 360 games at 14.99 instead of 1.99+ used
      >here’s your xbox one games at 39.99 instead of 4.99+ used
      >here’s your series s games at 59.99 instead of 39.99 used

Anonymous

you can still get games cheap from 3rd party key resellers e.g. cdkeys. it was a popular thing even with last gen consoles which had disk drives. a lot of the time you could just get really cheap digital codes.

Anonymous

depends heavily on the game

Anonymous

i mean, if you’re someone who’s hardcore enough to be playing stuff that’s outside the general mainstream i doubt you’d be considering a series s/ps5 digital anyway.

Anonymous

there are plenty of mainstream games that don’t really have cheap keys

Anonymous

such as? i’ve been able to find cheap ways to buy digital games for years now and even with brand new games like for example i bought the assassins creed valhalla and watch dogs legion bundle from the US store via VPN for what amounted to be around £40, when the equivalent deal here in the UK was £60. there’s always a way to get cheap games whether it’s taking advantage of exchange rates or 3rd party key sellers.

Anonymous

to add some more context to this post. i managed to get the assassins creed + watch dogs deal for £39.21 after tax (i fucked up with the taxation because i used a state which has tax, so i could have got it slightly cheaper in fact if i used an address from a tax free state). and this deal was a US exclusive deal too, from march 2021 (4 months after the games came out, so still a relatively fresh release with next gen optimisations). UK didn’t get that deal till September 2021 as can be seen here (£54.99):

https://www.trueachievements.com/n47038/xbox-sale-roundup-september-14th-2021

and the general price without sale is £109.99 as can be seen here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/Assassins-Creed-Valhalla–Watch-Dogs-Legion-Bundle

if you’re clever about it you can find awesome deals. i remember buying rise of the tomb raider literally a week after launch for £9 via the indian xbox store due to the shit indian exchange rate.

Anonymous

Yes….master sir Phil. I will buy the games pass is the best deal in gaming…… for my first 3 motns is only 1 rupee

Anonymous

If it had a disc drive I’d have already bought it even just to play backwards compatible games at higher resolutions.

Anonymous

it doesn’t do that tho

Anonymous

series s does not enhance 360 games. it’s funny how bad pajeetsoft shills tricked people

Anonymous

It does, it just doesn’t offer the one x enhancements. It’s a 2x scale up with 16xAF, and framerates aren’t really a problem anymore.

Anonymous

Yes it does, stfu retard

Anonymous

This you?

Anonymous

why are pajeets so fucking ugly?

Anonymous

Street pooping/Uncharted is terrible for your skin.

Anonymous

It’s very good for most casual gamers, and it’s one of the easiest ways to get into the Game Pass ecosystem if you don’t have particularly great internet

Anonymous

If you are digital only its dope sure. But I still have a lot of physical versions of games I like to play, so Im more interested in the Series X, plus it seems like a proper console compared to S
      Have fun though bro

Anonymous

i have a pc

Anonymous

why does every xbox thread now eventually devolves into discussions about pajeets?

Anonymous

If you don’t know why you are probably the reason why

Anonymous

mindbroken snoys think xbox users dont exist

Anonymous

Nintendo fags are stereotyped as fags
        Sony fags are stereotyped as diverse folk and fags
        Xbox fags are stereotyped as pajeets
        It’s not that complicated

Anonymous

what happened to the xbox frat bros of halo era?

Anonymous

they married stacy and stopped playing vidya

Anonymous

Got one but I just ended up playing on my PC most of the time
      512GB SSD console with no disk drive is retarded

Anonymous

I got one a couple of days ago to use solely for emulation and it’s great. I’ve been replaying all the PS2 games I had as a kid and most of them run really well even at higher resolutions, except for Chamber of Secrets which performs terribly for no apparent reason.

Anonymous

>except for Chamber of Secrets which performs terribly for no apparent reason.
        i had the same issue on pcsx2 on pc. it wouldn’t fully utilize my graphics card and would have artifacting.

Anonymous

It’s sad it won’t work considering it was one of my favourite games back then. I could download the GameCube version instead, but I’ve heard it had stuff cut from the PS2 one.

Anonymous

there must be a way to get it working. i believe i did end up getting it to work at 2x native resolution but i can’t remember what i did off the top of my head as this was about a year ago now.

Anonymous

>£250, arguably cheapest console to launch
      >Out performs PC on price per performance
      >Huge selection of games
      >Optional subscription service for cheap access to games
      >Small, Quiet

Yeah total winner

However you get retard comments about it being discless, by the same people who own a steam account

>No exclusives
      Isn’t a bad thing

Anonymous

I really would get it but having a ps4 pro the storage space and resolution is a downgrade, and digital only is already iffy to me. I haven’t written it off but I’ll probably just get XSX/PS5 in a couple years.

Anonymous

>proprietary hdd that costs like 250 bucks per TB
      >digital only so I have to rebuy my 360 games and they don’t even fit on the tiny ass 500 HDD

Hard pass

Anonymous

because most people in Ganker have slow internet.
      Gamepass is painful because the limited storage, 500gb only take four games.

Anonymous

there will be a 1TB version coming out soon enough

Anonymous

>you can upgrade storage for FOUR games to EIGHT
          Jesucrist.
          I live in a city and THAT isp has monopoly in the entire area. The max dsl speed they offer is 10 Mbps down and 1 Mbps up. Only-digital xbox and Gamepass are useless for me because I can’t get faster speed at my house because the isp is too lazy for install fiber i dont want spend hours downloading.

Anonymous

Buying that console is admitting you can’t afford a PC, PS5 or Series X.

Also image playing games at 1440p in 2021.

Anonymous

i just bought this console for my 8 year old kid. i keep my rtx 3070 safely out of reach

Anonymous

Fair point anon, I would opt for the S over the X for my kid too. They don’t know the difference.

Anonymous

Not everyone wants to spend almost $1,000 for a PC or either of those consoles. Back in the old days, you used to be able to buy consoles for less than a month’s wage. That’s just an economic fact. You could be saving your money instead.

Anonymous
          Anonymous

If that console isn’t afordable after your monthly paycheck, you need a better job.

I recently bought a $5000 PC, that’s less than a months "wage" for me, poorfag.

Anonymous

>moneyfagging on Ganker
            you could be a multi-trillionaire and posting shit like this shows you’ll never leave the proverbial basement

Anonymous

I have one and it has the most value out of any console out there. It plays 20 years’ worth of games and much of it is on Game Pass. It’s also disappointing for traditionalists (many of whom inhabit this board), who want physical disks and one-time purchases rather than saving a shit load of money by going with Game Pass. Aside from the limited storage, this thing can easily last on the shelf for the next ten years as-is. Especially since its competition is over twice the price (X and PS5 cost $700 or more) yet plays most of the same games.

Anonymous

How’s the controller for it?

Anonymous

I just bought it last weekend as my very first Xbox console and having a really good time with it, the OS is super snappy and all the games I have downloaded look and run great, my Nephew is having a great time too and that’s all that matters.

It is amazing, battery last so long and the somehow MS now has the best Dpad for current gen controllers so clicky almost as good as Vita’s, weird timeline.

Anonymous

Sounds good.
          Had a PS2 controller for over 10 years (because fuck triggers) and it finally died so I’m forced to buy new shit.

Anonymous

I really like my system. I just wish there was a disc drive. I have a good chunk of OG, 360, and One games physically, but I can’t use em. Good thing I kept around my One X. What are the chances of Microsoft releasing a disc drive add on?

Anonymous

I will buy one just to play elder scrolls 6.

Anonymous

I keep hearing about how game pass and ultimate is “free” with ms rewards, how true is that?

Anonymous

Literally just a worse PC.

Anonymous

If Microsoft ever made an exclusive again that I cared about I might consider it but here we are all these years later and still..nada

Anonymous

>they still think Halo is their best exlusive.

Halo is dogshit, I’d rather play CoD and I hate it.

They might bring out some good exclusives now they’ve aquired Bethesda but still, Sony will reign supreme.

There is literally no reason to buy an Xbox if you own a decent PC.

Anonymous

Halo was the best MP arena fps last gen 😉

Anonymous

MS studios have put out higher rated games than sony studios this year

Anonymous

I have a xbox one s, why would I buy this shit?

Anonymous

So MS now has like 20 something studios but realistically when are we ever going to see at least 1 of the games they have been working on?

Anonymous

Horizon 5 and halo 6 coming out this year

Anonymous

>forza and halo
          Yeah haven’t been bored of that for the last decade

Anonymous

Yeah they’ve been some of the best games the last few years

Anonymous

psychonauts 2 is already out
        deathloop just came out albeit sony were desperate to make it timed exclusive
        forza horizon is still the leading racer in gaming and the 5th instalment is out in a month
        halo infinite got really good reviews a few weeks ago and is out in a couple months

Anonymous

Phil sir, ultimate game pass best deal on house with 100s of games to play. Best console will redeem more with bing rewards.

Anonymous

Snoy cope

Anonymous

i feel sorry for this indian guy who is probably just a passionate gaming dude but people are mocking him for console wars

Anonymous

I got one on a whim and was pleasantly surprised. I haven’t had an Xbox since the original one. Impressive machine.

Anonymous

The fact the Series S can run Flight Simulator so well is impressive

Viewing 43 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.