Why does nobody talk about WoW anymore?

Home Forums World of Warcraft Why does nobody talk about WoW anymore?

• This topic has 116 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 weeks, 1 day ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 37 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

why does Ganker not talk about WoW anymore?

Anonymous

Asmon created a monster, even without him streaming for weeks, it does these numbers on a saturday

Anonymous

Because both the top wow guilds are doing stuff in the game and right now Echo is streaming FF raid content.

Anonymous

Esports people are now on it and loving it, Asmon’s crown is now taken

Anonymous

>Esports people are now on it and loving it
          Yeah "loving it", totally not just desperately trying to make their "esport" work in FFXIV while they get BTFO’d by shit even the most casual FFXIV player can beat

Anonymous

>XIV
            >esport

Anonymous

It’s WoW "pro raiders", now that WoW is in the dumpster and Blizzard is poision they’re trying to bring it over to FFXIV with these "lol just some WoW pros streaming FFXIV haha" while it’s a big name.

Raiding isn’t a esport but they sure as hell are trying to pretend it is to scam sponsor money out of companies instead of getting into actual esports.

Anonymous

>they will try and turn EW raiding into an Esport
              >based Frosty will just keep it as a community Event
              God bless that guy.

Anonymous

>tune in
            >all of them use UI mods
            >can’t wait for all of them to get banned

Anonymous

I thought Scripe wasn’t using any addons besides ACT?

Anonymous

>E-sport

Is this meme shit still relevant or is it just a big scam for NEETs to get free tendies from companies that are too stupid to realize that not even ironic gamers watch that shit? LoL was the only thing that came close to being an actual E-sport, but that was mostly just Koreans watching other Koreans play in Korea. Every other E-sport has just been a cancerous growth that killed off the host after a few years.

Anonymous

esports are alive and well.
            That said, MMO raiding isn’t an esport and truly is just NEETs scamming sponsors to get easy sponsor money.

>Every other E-sport has just been a cancerous growth that killed off the host after a few years.
            yeah, that shit just drips down making shitters thinking they an go "pro" and try way too hard for casual shit.

Only time esport attitude works in games is very few and mostly just fighting games because they’re about a player improving.

Anonymous

why do ff14 trannies always SEETHE when someone says their game is easy?

Anonymous

>claim game is easy
          retard that says this always gets filtered by story dungeons or decade old raids

Anonymous

>max
            he is a dogshit streamer babby now

Anonymous

Max has a massive ego and thinks he’s special because he’s part of Limit.
            But not even Limit knows he fucking sucks, even in WoW, he’s only around because he can secure some sponsors to keep the scam going.

Anonymous

But game is easy?
            Pugs make game hard for no reason
            Ultimates are not really hard at all, if anything a massive time sink. Personally beat UWU and TEA, quit by the time they announced they were not adding new ultimate until endwalker, was about to do UCOB with static after getting 5.2 BiS but felt there was no point in beating the bush when I had a buttload games to play in my backlog

Anonymous

most people watched that stream where he purposely tweeted that, infact most of the people in the comments are fans, weak bait

Anonymous

Fuck, meant to say 5.3 bis, not 5.2

Anonymous

>Ultimates are not really hard at all, if anything a massive time sink.
              they aren’t easy, they still require a lot of you.
              Or you’re like Rich and just get carried by people that have done it so much they can cover his shit DPS while having someone baby him the whole way.

Anonymous

They are extremely easy. The only hard one I encountered was UCOB because of the retarded quotes.

Anonymous

>Pugs make game hard for no reason
              >It’s not hard when you have a group who knows exactly what to do
              your logic is retarded. Using this logic, nothing is hard once you know how to do it lol

Anonymous

Rich is unironically shitposting, you took the bait

Anonymous

>Rich raids BCoB with summit
              >struggle to the point he wants an out
              >Rich raids with literal good players
              >haha SFIA is shit IM A LEGEND
              Meanwhile Asmond just went tank and had easy mode on the entire time.

Anonymous

The better game killed it. All the wowlets who came over are now obsessed with it’s fights, music, and presentation. Wow just cant compete, I myself can’t name a single memorable wow fight music

Wow of the wowlets said she used ff’s boss music for other games she plays kek

Anonymous

A lot of them will leave when other MMOs comes out, FFXIV is just another way to get money and simps from.

Anonymous

This was said months ago, still never happened, what you state only applies to mmos that aren’t stellar. Besides wow, ff is the ONLY proper competition in this genre, and they all know it. People left eso and the others, because they were trash lol

Anonymous

no new MMO had come out yet and it was in the middle of the FFXIV fad.
              But the fad is fading away, people are jumping off watching streamers finishing MSQ, streamers themself have either stopped or severely reduced the time they’re streaming FFXIV with only a few WoW names left.
              The fad is basically over now, the novelty of none FFXIV streamers streaming FFXIV is old, and most importantly, Streamers are parrasites, they will move onto the next hot game in search of views and cash.

Anonymous

cooooooooooperino. Wowfags coming over to FF isn’t even a new thing retard, Zepla isn’t even originally from FF she’s a former wowfag, so they’ve been here for years. Even if they were to go anywhere it wouldn’t change the fact that WoW is the only competition to FF because even before asmon it mogged every single other mmo that challenged it. Critically and in players, seethe more

Anonymous

>Wowfags coming over to FF isn’t even a new thing retard
                  I know, but majority of the people that started streaming FFXIV just did it because Asmon did it, and the fad has run out, and there are new MMOs on the horizon for them to bandwagon on.
                  It’s normal Streaming shit, I say this all as a FFXIV player of several years.

Anonymous

>Fad has run out
                    >even more people streaming it than ever despite asmon being absent
                    How hard are you coping right now, it’s time for you to come to grips with the fact this isn’t one of your shit games people just bandwagon on, it and wow are the genre standards, and even when your new shovelware comes and dies, it will still be here

Anonymous

jesus christ learn to fucking read.
                      I am not saying FFXIV is bad, but this swarm of Twitch streamers streaming it is going away, it was a fad, they were just in it for the money.
                      FFXIV was doing fine before them and will continue going well without them, but the twitch fame it got is gone, nobody really cares.

Anonymous

WHAT MONEY, most of the people have the same views they did with other games

>Fad has run out
                        >even more people streaming it than ever despite asmon being absent
                        How hard are you coping right now, it’s time for you to come to grips with the fact this isn’t one of your shit games people just bandwagon on, it and wow are the genre standards, and even when your new shovelware comes and dies, it will still be here

He’s mad coping, there will be even more streaming come November. Any mmo news not WoW related is getting totally undermined by Endwalker. It already killed hype for Eso’s new content release kek

Anonymous

>WHAT MONEY
                        All the fucking money they get from retard viewers giving them sub money and donations from just playing the fucking game.
                        Have you fucking missed how much Rich got showered in money for just beating the MSQ?
                        Literally every savvy twitch streamer jumped on that shit to be in on the fad and make some money.
                        And now the fad has passed, people don’t care anymore, most moved on to find other niches to get money from.
                        It’s literally how streaming works.

Anonymous

>All the fucking money they get from retard viewers giving them sub money and donations from just playing the fucking game.
                        So same as any other fucking stream then

Anonymous

yes retard, that’s the point, they found they can get money from just finishing a fucking game, they’re just playing FFXIV to get money out of idiots, and they will move to the next thing when FFXIV dries up, ie when you’ve done the MSQ.

Anonymous

Keep coping whilst they all put posters on their wall, burst out into tears, and talk about how the game changed their life. What stage of denial are you in brother to cope this hard

Anonymous

Oh jesus christ you fucking retard.
                        I am not coping, I am saying facts, most streamers have moved on from FFXIV, and the ones that do keep streaming it does not have the same numbers as they did at the height of the fad.

This does not mean FFXIV is dying, because it was doing well without streamers and will continue to do well without them.

Streamers being parasites that moves from game to game to scam people out money is just fact.

Anonymous

Stop talking to the xiv guys they want to derail the thread. WoW classic is the shit and kiting mobs to town is fun.

Anonymous

>I am not coping, I am saying facts, most streamers have moved on from FFXIV
                        LITERALLY WHO, there are new people from both twitch and youtube together who literally just started playing a few days ago even after asmon’s mother condition. And all the people who were amongst the OG streamers are still playing it. Even fucking summit is still playing it, he just had to get back to his GTA streams, go figure a non-mmo streamer is going to stream mmos 24/7 get a fucking grip. I know you’re desperate for your no name mmo to get recognition, but try not to be delusional

Anonymous

tons of them, but one notable is Cohn who just up and left the game, pratically all the other smaller WoW streamers up and left.

>most people
                        Then explain why my dash looks the same as it did in July with even more people now despite the ”big mmo” streamer not even streaming it, back in July asmon made up 70-80 percent of these views, and now it hits that without him even streaming it.

Rich is making bank
                        Limit_maximum is a raid fag trying really hard to capitalize on FFXIV and to push esports
                        Zepla is an old FFXIV streamer
                        Pyro is mentally ill and swapped his obsession with WoW to FFXIV, and he’s still doing MSQ, aka the major content that people watch.

Anonymous

>most people
                        Then explain why my dash looks the same as it did in July with even more people now despite the ”big mmo” streamer not even streaming it, back in July asmon made up 70-80 percent of these views, and now it hits that without him even streaming it.

Anonymous

If you don’t think 80%+ of your guild has left to play FF14, it’s probably because you don’t play WoW. Who cares what degen streamers do. They’ve probably moved onto the next thing but the core MMO audience has not. Especially not with New World dropping in a couple days.

You have the PvP MMO, the PvE MMO, and then there’s WoW just not doing either. Play it if you love paying $15 a month to see what happens to Sylvanas next?

Like seriously, what *is* there for WoW players that other MMOs don’t do better right now, for cheaper? Shadowlands is about to be a fucking 2-raid expansion.

Anonymous

Literally just talking about streamers here retard.
                        But yes, many of them will probably move on too, many just played FFXIV as it’s the ""only"" alternative to WoW and because everyone else did it, and many just did it as a dig against Blizzard.
                        Will many stay? yeah, but many will just leave because it wasn’t for them.

And all these "pro raiders" literally are just jumping on the FFXIV bandwagon and obviously tries to gauge if they can move their ""esport"" to focus on FFXIV instead.

Anonymous

>Available on: Stadia

Anonymous

asmon’s mom is presently dying because he betrayed his actiblizz masters and said he wouldn’t stream TBC Classic.

Anonymous

shes dying because they live in a dilapidated hoarder house full of mold + smoking + eating fast food every day

Anonymous

This is unironically true. Kotick called up Bill Gates and they’re frying her brain with 5G as we speak.

Anonymous

TBC is utter garbage and now everyone knows this is an objective fact. I myself was blind and played TBC launch. After I did Gruul I realized I too was blinded by nostalgia and now am fully aware Blizzard was never good and TBC is just a raid log awful game with boring dungeons and almost no content. Same faction pvp made it even worse.

Anonymous

Because shadowlands is decent so people are actually playing it instead of crying about the state of the game on Ganker

Anonymous

I’m too busy playing than posting about it haha

Anonymous

Because MMOs are distractions for societal rejects to bide their time wasting away for useless rewards while the people who sit at long wooden tables in high rise buildings reap the benefits, pay for their child’s tuition, pick out new renovation packages for their kitchen, and have sex while you’re waiting patiently for next weeks Pavlovian weekly bullshit to allow you the privilege of spamming right click and 1-9 on your keyboard.

Anonymous

Sadly just about all popular online games fit this description nowadays. It’s sad those misspent hours will never come back.

Anonymous

Online games still keep one of the very core things all games should start with; fun. These offline games in which all you do is walk to to the next corridor and hold down X to action, ARE NOT FUN.

Anonymous

and what’s the value of having a new kitchen and children? to spread my genes? literally who cares
        you’re a retard

Anonymous

>waaaaah waaaaaah mmos are a waste of time
        Call me when 98% of single player games are hollywood cinematic walking simulator movies with the labe ‘game’ attached to them. Call me when any of these current single player games manages to have better writing than an mmo. Then we can talk.

Anonymous

but Ganker is different

Anonymous

that’s literally every game today

Anonymous

because wow hasn’t shat itself today

Anonymous

Because shadowlands is bad so people are actually not playing it instead of crying about the state of the game on Ganker

Anonymous

Shadowlands sucks, 9.1 sucks, Sanctum of Domination sucks, PvP is pretty bad rn.

I miss WoD. I miss logging in every day to do garrison shit for an hour and log out. Leveling was actually fun and easy. You could raidlog with no other commitment. PvP was good. Challenge mode was better than m+. I fucking hate blizzard for abandoning the best xpac in the game.

Anonymous

>WoD
        >Best Expansion
        I never thought id see the day

Anonymous

Cause the game actually died this time.

Anonymous

They probably will talk about it on 10/5.

Anonymous

You obsessed morons can’t stop talking about it. There are always multiple threads a day about this shit game.

Anonymous

"Blizzard, worried about their companies recently tarnished image, has halted all paid advertising via ‘shill’ posts on Ganker to avoid being associated with the ‘Alt-Right’."
      Internal memo

Anonymous

Also………SUMMONERS WON. If you’re a dot/egi faggot kys

Anonymous

No classic fresh no interest.

Anonymous

be honest with me, anon
      do you give a shit about the whole blizzard stuff?
      I don’t. it’s shit for the workers, but never have I thought about a boycott

Anonymous

I only care about WoW and Overwatch porn so I don’t give a single shit about anything going on with them as a company.

I will continue to masturbate to Elf women.

Anonymous

New World is going to be released soon. It will kill XIV

Anonymous

Bwahahaha even asmon predicts new world death in 2 weeks, another shovelware mmo

Anonymous

They’re two entirely different audiences though. New World is for people who like PvP and FFXIV is for those who like casual pve. I just hope new world doesn’t flop after a few weeks because the VOIP zerg rushes in the beta were really fun, it’s refreshing to play a game where each city is full of players trash talking on mic

Anonymous

No real endgame, once people max stats, that’s it. Add that to the fact new world seems to have zero identity, new world is DOA, pvp mmos don’t survive especially not ones with nothing to keep people invested in. We covered this before.

Anonymous

I can’t play that in ps5

Anonymous

they’re going to love XIV’s PvP scene then

Anonymous

What’s there to talk about? I’m waiting for classic fresh so I can level up slowly and not have to worry about meta game faggots.

Anonymous

Is it too late to get into Shadowlands now?

Anonymous

Second question:
        Is it too late to get into TBvwC classic?

Anonymous

why bother, just scribble a bunch of colors on your screen in MS paint and that’s the raiding experience in shadowlands

Second question:
        Is it too late to get into TBvwC classic?

yes, wait until ZA since tier 5 is trash and none of the fights work correctly right now due to random threat drop bugs and mind control bugs and evade bugs and god knows what else

Anonymous

wotlk F R A S H when?

Anonymous

Bruh all we need is rolling vanilla fresh that get remade every 2 months. Fuck raiding, fuck rmt and fuck town hiders.

Anonymous

>$15 a month for content once every 6 months (if you’re luck, its realistically like 8+)
      >in 2021
      >legit fanfiction-tier cringe writing, genocide justified into a redemption arc because mai waifu
      >pvp has been dead since MoP
      >company has found a way to piss off both ends of the political spectrum by both being a rapist company as well as one that fills their game with hollow woke shit
      >devs literally pissed at community for providing feedback
      >game’s presentation is still stuck in 2010
      >this list is isn’t even half the problems

oh gee I don’t know

Anonymous

I’m sure Blizzard will come up with a WoW update in November

Anonymous

ascension is good.

blizzard servers are all fucked.

Anonymous

Does it even have real endgame other than fucking around in BGs?

Anonymous

It’s a bad game.

Anonymous

>mfw new world fags actually think it will do anything to either wow or ffxiiv
      lol to even hope to eclipse these two you must first come up with a theme park mmo of equal measure. New world ain’t that retards. It will be dead once players had their fill of pvp. 2 weeks tops.

Anonymous

WoW was so shitty it lost subs during the pandemic when everyone was staying home. Never Forget

Anonymous

Is there even an interesting MMO to get into?
      EVE would be fun if the skill system wasn’t fucked/they’d do server resets.

Anonymous

Dude it’s a 20 year old game. No game can stay relevant forever. For what it is, WoW’s in a decent place right now IMO. I only really PvP, but on that front the game is better than ever. It’s nice being able to play any class/spec and it be viable as well as every spec feeling distinct with its own gimmicks instead of +1% to hit.

Anonymous

How bad is the grind for PvP gear?

Anonymous

I got to a decent (not getting your poopyhole stomped in immediately) set of gear in about two weeks playing weekends and maybe 2 or 3 hours a day on weekdays on my fresh 60. I like that you can just grind BGs for honor and turn it in for gear. What they had in BFA was horseshit.

Anonymous

Sounds neat. I could use a PvP MMO, but I’m worried that there’s either the next expansion around the corner, or WoW finally dies.

Anonymous

WoW has been"dying" since Burning Crusade lol New expansion probably won’t be for a while since this one isn’t hated like BFA. I mostly like the game for the moment to moment gameplay. Trading cooldowns, popping damage boosters to finish people off or for healers to heal themselves, there quite a skill ceiling. I’ll usually quit for a few month and come back to roll a new class/spec I’ve never played and try to get glad. If you get the gladiator title you can still show off how 1337 you are forever lol

Anonymous

15 year old game. modern retail wow is trash.

Anonymous

I got kicked out of my moms basement

Anonymous

I want to marry and impregnate a blood elf so badly, bros

Anonymous

This but a Draenei

Anonymous

Why didn’t Cairne use his Reincarnate ability when he was killed by Garrosh?

Anonymous

All the Blizzard fanboys moved from discussing wow to diablo 2 remastered.

Anonymous

if you still play after WoD you need to be euthanized

Anonymous

I WANT FRESH SERVERS SO FUCKING BAD
      I WANT TO RAID MC IN GREENS WITH MY BROS
      AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Anonymous

>fresh servers
        fuck you, you retarded pserver diverse folk we should’ve gotten classic+ but nooo you just needed to do the same raid again like a fucking ape with down syndrome

Anonymous

>thinking modern blizzard would do a good job of handling classic+

Anonymous

literally anything would be better than fresh servers

Anonymous

ERP servers that only let you play as female Elves and Draenei

Anonymous

ok maybe not everything but most stuff would’ve been better than fresh servers

Anonymous

ERP is the only reason I was subscribed for the last 5 years that I played

Anonymous

is ERP popular in classic?

Anonymous

I’d assume only with NE’s, since there’s no futa space tieflings or whatever in classic.

Anonymous

pserver players arent purists
          they wanted overtuned content

Anonymous

Everyone who still plays, just plays it 24/7.
      Everyone who doesn’t don’t give a shit about it.

Anonymous

The Retail Cuck fears the Fresh Classic Chad

Anonymous

they’re both paying for the same dead shit game

Anonymous

WoW’s been dead since TBC the game changed too much. Us Fresh Classic Chads have accepted this. It’s not too late for you anon well it’s been more than a decade but it’s still not too late.

Anonymous

The onyl thing that can kill an mmo is the company itself. FF fags will never leave their mmo unless it turns to shit.
      ESO fags will never leave until it turns to shit
      KMMO fags will never leave.
      RS fags will never leave.
      Any new mmo is just fucked.

Viewing 37 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.