Why does this game feel so generic? It looks boring. It plays boring. It feels boring. The special i…

Home Forums A haunted junk yard Why does this game feel so generic? It looks boring. It plays boring. It feels boring. The special i…

Viewing 58 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Why does this game feel so generic? It looks boring. It plays boring. It feels boring. The special infected are the same as every other zombie game, except now you get three different flavors of the same special infected we’ve always had. Oh but wait, now you get to play Yugi-Oh while playing a zombie coop shooter. Can’t say that I’m surprised though. It feels like every game that comes out these days is just generic mediocre garbage.

Anonymous

The only fun of this shitfest it’s the text-to-speech thing

Anonymous

that shit is creepy

Anonymous

that shit is creepy

I’m only recently starting to get interested in this game so I’ve seen little so far
        Does your chat text get turned to speech by the AI? I’m guessing it’s an optional feature

Anonymous

They didn’t have actual game designers like Valve vetoing all the unfun bullshit that made L4D work

Anonymous

That’s the best way I can describe back 4 blood. They added a lot of "cool stuff" that didn’t need to be added.

Anonymous

this explains why l4d felt so safe and tame. if you look at l4d2’s cut content, you’ll see they wanted to expand into a lot of areas. it’s the reason just has this void in it even though the base idea is really solid.

it’s just a question of whether you want a safe, polished shooter with some substance. but never dares to be dangerous. or the janky, but rather ambitious game. with the latter, you’ll get higher highs than l4d ever could imagine.

i know what i want.

Anonymous

What cut shit? You mean the special infected they play tested and were way too hard to handle while also dealing with common and other special infected?

Anonymous

Ah yes I love things like an enemy that you have to sneak past or it summons a horde just tossed into the game ignoring why it got cut in the first place.

Anonymous

It’s fine. Not sure how someone can say it’s plays boring unless you literally haven’t played anything but the beta. Even on normal aka "Recruit" it’s got some difficulty and will wipe alot of teams. You will basically never win hard (Veteran) unless you have a team of communicating competent players and good RNG for guns/attachments/gear. The hardest difficulty is probably nigh impossible for an overwhelming majority of people.

>Can’t kill an enemy with low hp in under 3 seconds

Anonymous

Relying on RNG is artificial difficulty

Anonymous

Yeah I’m sure those L4D RNG mechanics aren’t artificial difficulty either? I’ve put a dumb amount of hours into either and runs have been make-or-break by RNG because shitty SMGs aren’t doing a whole lot on anything above easy baby-mode and throwables are invaluable.

Anonymous

frag grenades kills snitches and crows without alerting the horde

I’ve been watching people obliterate the snitch and it still manages to call a horde as it dies most of the time.
              I assume it’s a bug but that’s insane that due to lag or something else handling that special correctly can still punish you.

Anonymous

If you’re talking about the night-time church area than that is part of the mission itself that they alert enemies as they die. Otherwise I haven’t seen that be a thing yet.

Anonymous

I’ve been watching someone who really likes the game play it for hours and hours in the background and nearly every time I see them deal with a snitch even throwing a nade at it and deleting it the "alerted the snitch" pop-up still happens and they get fucked by a horde.

Anonymous

Well than it’s probably a modifier I haven’t run into yet. Each round between safehouses is RNG enemies, higher difficulty has higher chances for things like "armoured" enemies or I presume Snitches always alerting regardless if killed.

Anonymous

That’s maybe the worst mod in the game besides armoring the super tanky tall guys then.

Anonymous

At least you can gun them down and avoid their attacks to some extent. Armoured suiciders are cancer.

Anonymous
                    Anonymous

fucking turtlerock retards

Anonymous

>cut because it was too confusing and hard to spot the enemy among normal infected
                      >Turtlerock introduces a version that’s easily spotted in their own game
                      >NO YOU FUCKING RETARDS!

Anonymous

>also introduces a randomly added mod that makes it always summon a horde even if dispatched properly
                        >turning the enemy into a guaranteed horde+specials if the game spawns it almost every time

Anonymous
                        Anonymous

what’s with that reload animation 1 min in?

Anonymous
                        Anonymous

There’s a corrupted modifier that it can have, like the Horde/Armoured, except it makes it so the snitcher always summons.

Anonymous

If you get the snitch buff corruption card it dying from player damage always calls a horde no matter what.
                        You can one shot it with a grenade or .50 BMG and the call will still go out for a horde.

Anonymous

Wow, it sounds really fun to get this card and add an extra 2-3 crescendo events to the level

Anonymous

Ah, I see you are a fellow bird shooting chad as well.

Anonymous

>even if you kill it properly
                        read the fucking cards to know what challenges there are on the mission retard

Anonymous

Doesn’t really help to know about it beforehand when the snitch spawns 5 feet in front of you and immediately sees you and now if you kill it there’s still a horde, faggot.

Anonymous

git
                        gud

Anonymous

L4D babbies are so fucking trash. Git gud dumb ass faggot. L4D was ONLY GOOD WITH MODS btw. Base game of L4D is worse than B4B. Both games are crap, but L4D got carried by mods.

Anonymous

Be quiet, L4D will have a larger playerbase than this flavor of the month by the end of the year

Anonymous

I’m too lazy to check, but it probably still does right now.

Anonymous

More people playing B4B than L4D+L4D2 on Steam alone and that doesn’t include all the EGS and console players.

Anonymous

No. It’s only guaranteed if you trigger it. git gud

Anonymous

Deep Rock Galactic has the naedocyte breeder and World War Z has the screamer so B4B is not the first time this type of special has existed in a co-op horde shooter and I don’t remember accusations of bad design for either of those games. What separates these 3 games from the L4D screamer is that in all of them the special is loud, slow, easy to spot and except for the breeder, doesn’t run away.

Anonymous

you just reminded me of deep rock galactic’s existence
                        I think I’ll go play that

Anonymous

Yeah that explains it well

>ping snitcher
                      >teammates shoot it because there’s no unique symbol for snitcher and it’s hard to see them

Anonymous

It’s not a bug, this is a mutation of the snitch, it will call a horde even if you kill him fast, it really fucking suck.

Anonymous

>Even on normal aka "Recruit" it’s got some difficulty and will wipe alot of teams.
              you’ve got to be pooping me. I’ve died once and that was on the clog literally because I didn’t know what the fuck was ground and what wasn’t and I drowned.

Anonymous

You’d be fucking surprised.

Anonymous

Anonymous

>Frags kill crows
              Holy shit I need to try this

Anonymous

It genuinely adds to the experience. Yes, it’s tough and it definitely can & will fuck you over… but shit like this is no different from unavoidable witches.
            You just have to adapt and deal with them. Sometimes an extra horde can’t be avoided

The mutated ones should still alert a horde. That’s a good strategy though. Assuming I have any nades left after getting double Tall Boys or whatever

Anonymous

>Sleeper? Horde
            >Boomer? Horde
            Objective:
            >a? Horde
            >b? Horde
            >c? Horde
            Objective Completed? HORDE

Meanwhile everyone gets fucking ass raped by the most unfun – rapid spawning group of special infected. Oh and lets not forget Trauma bullshit.

Anonymous

Yeah the trauma shit is so mind numbingly retarded I genuinely can’t work out how it got through testing.

If the game had been given a last pass by Valve it might have been good, as it is it’s like a Left 4 Dead tribute band.

Anonymous

Yet i can’t stop playing this shit

Anonymous

Yet i can’t stop playing this shit

I think once I get a full build done and finish the campaign once or twice itll just get boring as shit. I think currently part of the drive to play is to unlock everything, which isnt a good indicator.

Anonymous

What exactly is ambitious about b4b?

Anonymous

they’ll add an answer to that in the next shill script
            come back tomorrow

Anonymous

More is not always more. B4B feels directionless and lame, with no identity.

Anonymous

>I know what I want!
          >holds up copy of back 4 blood
          >looks at camera and winks

Anonymous

The fact B4B literally features an enemy that was cut from L4D is solid evidence for this.

Anonymous

unreal engine games all feel and look the same
      and valve game designers know what they’re doing unlike the retards at nu-turtle rock

Anonymous

I played the beta for this and it wasn’t very good, but I still kind of want to play the full version.
      No way I’m paying them $60 for this shit though.
      Also gamepass always fucks up on my machine and the games are either the wrong build or they run like shit and this already has denuvo and latency issues from what I hear.

I guess if the game lives to the point it hits $20 or less I’ll try it out.

Anonymous

It made me realize UE4 is boring and mods are what made L4D2 fun

Anonymous

outside of maps, the l4d mods were probably some of the worst of the source community.

Anonymous

>outside of maps,
          I mean that’s half the fun

But being able to be anime girls alongside shrek fighting a swarm of pickle ricks is fun

Anonymous

>But being able to be anime girls alongside shrek fighting a swarm of pickle ricks is fun
            Jesus Christ it’s like you’re not even the same species as me. So thankful I only play L4D2 on Xbox.

Anonymous

I’d be complaining if I paid for it (besides the monthly gamepass fee) but it’s free on gamepass so I don’t mind that’s it’s a mediocre game. When it’s removed from gamepass in a year I’ll decide if I want to buy it for a discounted price

Anonymous

It really does not feel fun to play. I can jump into L4D2 and have a blast (aside from some of the community being faggots) but this game has shit matchmaking that takes 10 minutes to find a campaign match, and then it’s always just Xbox retards that can’t play for shit. The gunplay would be fun, but you run out of ammo constantly. There’s barely any gore so shooting zombies isn’t very satisfying. And the entire experience is just bogged down in bullshit to justify the terrible card system so you get killed by cheap RNG often. I wanted to love this game so much and I just don’t. Only fun I’ve had is playing as the infected in the versus mode, but even that is half-assed and barebones compared to L4D2.

Anonymous

I posted this vid yesterday and I’ll post it again.
      >https://youtu.be/SGGMVlNO36g
      It’s a bad fucking game even if it was $20.

Anonymous

damn it’s a good thing the game is free with gamepass then

Anonymous

I won’t play it even if they gave me the deluxe version for free.
          I spent 15hrs on beta, that’s enough for me.

Anonymous

>I played the game for free, but I won’t play the game for free
            are you retarded?

Anonymous

>I played free beta, got tired and disappointed, and won’t play that shit ever again
              Which part did you not understand you cocksucking virgin drooling faggot?

Anonymous

>play game for 15 hours for free
                >oh I hated it so much I wouldn’t even play this game for free lol
                ok so you’re just retarded

Anonymous

Not even that anon but you’re the one that’s being retarded. Are you really arguing that you can’t hate a game after having played the time needed to decide that you hate it?

Anonymous

no but if you played a game for free for 15 hours you got your fun out of it
                    it’s retarded to say that it isn’t worth playing for free if you spent 15 hours in it

then it’s clearly good enough you spent that time in it

Anonymous

Different anon who also played 15 hours here.
                      >game has a grind system that promises to make the game feel better in the long run
                      >spend time getting more unlocks to see if it makes the shitty feeling early game worth it
                      >decide it doesn’t and you would rather not play the game
                      Does that make sense to you?

Anonymous

That’s assuming the 15 hours were fun. If we go into the argument of how much time should be spent to decide the game isn’t fun we end up with the fucking "you can’t say it’s bad, you barely played it/how can you say it’s bad when you played it so much?" shit when really it’s the former statement that’s the reasonable one.

Anonymous

then why did you spend 15 hours playing? If you aren’t having fun and didn’t spend any money just stop playing when it’s not fun you autist

Different anon who also played 15 hours here.
                        >game has a grind system that promises to make the game feel better in the long run
                        >spend time getting more unlocks to see if it makes the shitty feeling early game worth it
                        >decide it doesn’t and you would rather not play the game
                        Does that make sense to you?

it sounds like you’re expecting it to be some huge game you get 500 hours out of. You go tit for free, don’t expect some free game you can play for 500 hours without getting bored of

Anonymous

> we end up with the fucking "you can’t say it’s bad, you barely played it/how can you say it’s bad when you played it so much?" shit when really it’s the former statement that’s the reasonable one
                        Read melanoid. You’re enabling a bullshit paradox but insisting on the one of the two statements which aren’t reasonable.

Anonymous

>playing a game you hate just to own the libs
                        >crying about how much you hate it after the fact
                        you have brain damage

Anonymous

I’m not even the one who bothered playing it. I’m just pointing out how bullshit your reasoning is.

Anonymous

This isn’t a single player game that you can play for 30 min to test its mechanics. It’s an online multiplayer grinding game. Getting bored after only 15 hours shows how bad the game really is.

Anonymous

just stop playing and move on when you get bored then jesus christ you paid nothing for the game why are you autists like this?

Anonymous

Maybe they want to let others know it’s not worth their time

WOW WHAT A CONCEPT!

Anonymous

Im not a mindless baby that needs constant simulation in order to be entertained. If I watch a movie, I don’t turn it off after 15 minutes because Im bored. If I play a game that everyone insists is fun, Ill try it out a bit longer.

Anonymous

retard

Anonymous

Keep seething poorfag

Anonymous

the only person seething here is you
                        seething because you force yourself to consume media you hate because Ganker told you to lmao

Anonymous
                Anonymous

he already played the game for free retard, the beta was literally the first handful of missions, they changed basically nothing on those maps

Anonymous

>start video
        >narrator with avatar on screen
        >starts talking about life story
        >exit video

Anonymous

>spends over 10 minutes talking about character and game identity
        >he developed this opinion from playing the beta which had no cinematic intros or character introductions
        this would be like playing a Monster Hunter demo and concluding that you had no character identity or gear choice

it’s a gameplay test. this dude is genuinely retarded. I wish I hadn’t wasted a minute of my time opening it

Anonymous

It should have ended with the finale of act 3 and that should have been 1 of 4 campaigns.

That Abomination fight was aptly named i’ll give them that. What a fucking Gears of War reject.

Anonymous

>More Normalfag friends want it because L4D brand association bunkum
      >Have store credit at GOYME i will probably never use because why would i go there again so grab a copy
      >One campaign
      >Offline has ZERO progression including achievements
      >Online full of griefers
      >Not only one campaign but its one map with each ‘act’ sending you in a different direction from a starter hub
      >Less zombies on screen than Dead Rising 1 or L4D1, dont expect Vermintide or Days Gone numbers
      >Literal constant special infected that barely do any damage and just end up feeling less ‘special’ and more like constant interruptions
      >Spawns are absurd, they literally float up out the ground in front of you and through walls with no clever attempts to hide where shit is coming from
      >Schlooter rarity horseshit
      >Can accidentally give a sniper scope to a fucking glock and now its stuck there forever
      >Final boss is four tentacles and infinite horde then infinite horde and a bullet sponge that puts The Division 1 pre patching to shame
      >Feels like a shitty attempt to mod shit from Gears of War 4 into Left 4 Dead 2 than anything else.

Theres some neat stuff here but its like 1/4 of a finished game.

Anonymous

Sessler said its heckin based and hella epic tho

Anonymous

Did he snort a line immediately after?

Anonymous

Did he snort a line immediately after?

just watched that review. it’s pretty decent actually; glad to see he’s still covering games with enthusiasm

Anonymous

It’s shit. Even journos are pooping on it.

Anonymous

Why does Ganker suddenly care about journos when it benefits them?

Anonymous

>even these dipshits who give everything a good score don’t like something

Anonymous

it only got a slightly lower score than New Vegas had

Anonymous

Snitches will alert even if killed it says so the first time you encounter one and see the tooltip

Anonymous

I’ve killed them instantly (M95 Barret aka .50 cal) or teamshotting and they haven’t alerted. As far as I can tell also… bots aren’t subject to that. They can do whatever they want without consequence. I’ve seen them slowly kill a snitch over the course of like 15 seconds and it never alerted.

Anonymous

i played the whole campaign of back4blood and the game is okayish not 60 dollars worth by a long shot tho.
      plus the amount of annoying problems like the 20+ minute waiting time if you wanna continue mid way through an act forcing you to either wait or go back a mission or 2 to find a lobby faster make it so i wont be picking this up until its 20 dollars+ having at least some friends to play with cuz Randoms in this game are absolutely hairpulling brain dead
      also fun fact you cant solo the campaign(you can but you wont unlock anything) so forcing you to play with people not the biggest issue for me but its still one of the problems that keep stacking on each other

Anonymous

>turtlerock
      >from the makers of Evolve
      >from the LEFT 4 DEAD TEAM
      >all minorities and female characters have garbage personalities
      >only good characters are a fat white dude, some deer hunter, and an asian girl.
      >card system even nerfed is still not balanced at all its clear no testing happened
      >enemy design is awful
      >player characters and environment colors don’t match up its like one is from a slightly more disney/cellshaded universe and the other is based in gta4.
      I want to like this game god I do but it is not good as a left 4 dead successor and not good on its own.

The melee system should of looked at vermintide, the gunplay is worse than left 4 dead or even the most recent Alien fireteam game.
      Finally
      >turtlerock is again doing its PC MONSTER EDITION 100 DOLLARS OH MY GOD
      >standard is 60 dollars
      the cyberpunk of coop shooters

Anonymous

I’ve played for like 12 hours and didn’t like it.
      Beat the campaign on recruit and only 0.74% of players have the achievement for beating the last act

lmao no one likes it

Anonymous

>all these different missions and acts
      >75% of them are just "run past this same area again but from the other direction"

Anonymous

>B4B is ranked in the top 20 most played at the moment on steam
      I am surprised it has 40k players , i am more surprised though that fucking EUROTRUCK sim has 33k players playing right now.

Anonymous

Zombie horde games like L4D are boring pleb shit. B4B is fun as fuck. Between the quality of the gameplay, the builds, and the pvp I’m enjoying the shit out of it.

Anonymous

>Zombie horde games like L4D are boring pleb shit.
        ok
        >B4B
        Anon don’t open up a sentence pooping on something you are then going to claim you like in the following sentence. Come on man pull your head out of your ass.

Anonymous

Well it’s the first one that isn’t boring trash, what can I say?

Anonymous

Nobody believes you

Anonymous
        Anonymous

More Boomers than a Facebook antivax group.

Anonymous

Doesn’t help that these guys have way too much HP anyway, if anything the one that can summon hordes needs to be easier to kill cause they have a gigantic puke range anyway

Anonymous

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK

Anonymous

That looks like a fucking mess.

Anonymous

>posting your own tweet

Anonymous

They had the misfortune of getting a "Reeker Horde" aka a horde of boomers that like to melee people and can’t puke.

Anonymous

Two of those are exploders which summon a horde when they explode near anyone.
          So that’s 4 reekers and 2 exploders meaning they’re getting at least 3 hordes on top of the tanky boomer spawns.

Anonymous

I shit you not i had an ogre, two breakers, 3 tall boys, 3 spitters, 2 grabbers and 7 boomercucks at the same time yesterday.

It wasn’t even hard it was just like a visual representation of a migraine.

Anonymous

Why are they all in a straight line running at him? every reeker horde i have comes at you from different directions in what seems like a intended pincer to counter what you do with an explosive enemy and just run away.

Anonymous

Who’s in the wrong here?

Anonymous

Always journalists.

Anonymous

why were people shilling this game hard on this board for the last two days?

Anonymous

>any game discussion is shilling
        god this board really has been taken over my election tourists

Anonymous

pooping on l4d and shilling the new game is not a discussion

[…]

Anonymous

Bro Ive been here since 2011 and I remember being excited for Titanfall in 2013 and tried to make a thread about it. Immediately called out as a shill by a bunch of anons
          Nothing has changed, its just gotten worse.

Anonymous

>Why does this game feel so generic?
      Because it is.

Anonymous

How does one game cause so much seethe?

Anonymous

>promises to be really good
        >compares itself to the most well known game in the genre in promos
        >turns out bad and poorly thought out
        >business decisions around the game are baffling (testing for feedback that didn’t get used, huge pricetag+DLC tip, DRM on a server verified game.)
        >people somehow still breathlessly defend it

Anonymous

>FROM THE MAKERS OF ___
        >SPIRITUAL SUCCESSOR TO ___
        they only have themselves to blame

Anonymous

>literally the same team who made a popular game
          >not allowed to say that because autists on the internet will seethe about it

Anonymous

>literally same team
            >not allowed to make comparisons because shills will seethe about it

Anonymous

Not one person who worked on this game worked on L4D 1 and 2. And judging by this game’s myriad failings, none of them even played those games. Fuck off baiting shill faggot.

Anonymous

I got this shit for free and I don’t even want to play it it’s so bad.

Anonymous

Man Turtle Rock catch a break
      At least Evolve was fun for the first year.

Anonymous

KFC was right!

Anonymous

did the devs address the difficulty?
      are they just gonna leave it like this?

Anonymous

What do you mean? It’s pretty fair and well balanced when 4 tall boys spawn at the same time as well as multiple specials that can stunlock you from 100% hp to downed without having to expose themselves like smokers and can do it to multiple people as well as having the mobility of a hunter :^)

Anonymous

The continues is by far the most retarded thing in this game, it adds absolutely nothing good to the game, just makes it more frustrating.

Anonymous

that’s literally every implementation of lives and continues in games

Anonymous

*mindbreaks journos and westoid devs*

Anonymous

I kneel.

Mah Colonel.
        Mah Kang.

Anonymous

i think its pretty fun so far

Anonymous

>roguelike deckbuilding mechanics
      >on a coop shooter

Anonymous

when you’re repeating content over and over, it makes sense to add randomness to keep stuff fresh longer. What part of this is bad design?

Anonymous

>repeating content over and over

You answered your own question there. It’s a crutch for lazy developers who have made a fraction of a game and don’t have enough content, so they add in "roguelike" mechanics to pad it out with filler and pretend they’re done.

Anonymous

Is Coach in the game?

Anonymous

OP is full of shit. This is the first good, fun and functioning co-op zombie killer since L4D2, and improves on everything those games did. It runs well, the weapons feel fun and unique, it’s *way* more challenging than L4D ever was, has an proper level pinging system (like how fucking many years do you need to get since Apex Legends and devs still don’t know how to do such a simple fucking if/else/then ping system right?), has a shit ton of content etc. The card system is great, adding a lot of depth and a good long lasting progression system – something L4D always needed mind you -, yet it’s nowhere near as dull as the fucking mandatory level and equipment grind of Vermintide. Your progression isn’t locked behind fucking 50 000 hours of RNG.

And did I mention how hard it is? L4D was always too easy. And there’s a great overall synergy between the different cards and characters, enabling you to do full support builds, dedicated zombie killers, speed runners, solo or team oriented, and anything inbetween.

Anonymous

>and improves on everything those games did
        Tell me, how did they improve thing like vs, director, survivor AI, and handling of special infected compared to l4d2?

Anonymous

Is this next level shitposting where you make your comment look as much like paid shilling as possible?

Anonymous

I got an ad for this on my android GBA emulator, just assumed it was some transparent chink ripoff of L4D.

Anonymous

>WWZ sucked
      >GTFO sucked
      >B4B sucked

I need a good co-op zombie shooter.

Anonymous

Go back to L4D2 my son. Or wait for Dying Light 2 for some co-op zombiean.

Anonymous

>GTFO sucked
        filtered but also somewhat correct

Anonymous

that game is only fun if you play it "incorrectly" on purpose, being stealthy and hitting every fucking enemy on the back of the head is not fun.

Anonymous

Havent touched it since the second rundown when I encountered the awful invis enemies and happy I havent touched it since.

Anonymous

>GTFO
          What is that supposed to stand for? Grand Theft Fucking Otto?

Anonymous

Get The Fuck Out

Anonymous

GTFO has added basically fuck all since it released and they haven’t addressed any of the core issues. Really disappointing.

Anonymous

I don’t think the "solo" mode was ever meant to be added and was a late panic move.
      >Bots don’t attack anything but aimhack autoscan zombies and special, on the final boss they dont attack it at all
      >Often they will take ages to react to grabs or hanging bots or players
      >Until you play online the PS4 dashboard thing doesn’t even say you have played the game yet.

Anonymous

The games a poorly designed mess, they just randomly throw like 7 special infected at you at once which can instantly kill your entire team.

Anonymous

The most blatantly broken one is when the squad turns a corner and there are 4 hockers just standing there.
        If they shoot first your whole team is now incapped unless one person plays evangelo or has a break-out card.

Anonymous

>unless one person plays evangelo
          You’re welcome.

Anonymous

I seriously don’t understand why people still fall for zombie shit.
      Zombies are a metaphor for consumerism and how humanity will always share phobias for one another.
      Now they are a marketing entity. They’re made to be evil, they always have to have a fucking gimmick.

Anonymous

The reason zombies got big was the post 9/11 paranoia of everyone outside your door being secret hitler. It enforces the "me against the mindless hordes" power fantasy.

Anonymous

This is the most griefer filled quick play i’ve experienced since fucking Rainbow Six Siege and it might be worse.

9/10 matches are some american redneck drawling in ebonics throwing molotovs and grenades in the safe room.

Anonymous

I have 50 hours and I’ve yet to see anything of the kind. Haven’t ran into anyone I’d consider a griefer either.

Anonymous

>griefer
        For what reason they are doing this? They are streaming so they have to act stupid for the viewers?

Anonymous

Hoping the other people have mics so they can farm reactions for their "FUNNIEST RAGE MONTAGE EVER??!?" videos per week. Same thing that killed Siege outside the streamer community and almost did in dead by daylight till it sold out to the k pop stans.

Anonymous

What happen in siege? How did streamer ruin the multiplayer community?

Anonymous

Go look up "rainbow six teamkill montage" on youtube or just teamkill on its reddit would probably bring up enough examples. I dropped the game years ago and i think they did some stuff to try and curb it but at a point it was so bad more people were writing the game off as unsalvagable like a f2p steam game overtaken by bots. ubisoft was even sending out surveys with questions like "have you encountered at least one match without team killers in the last month".

Shit was dire.

Anonymous

>make a game with low TTK and friendly fire
                >where enemies arent clearly distinguishable from allies
                >wonder why teamkill rate is high
                because i cant believe they wouldnt be able to fuck over legit griefers in the game, considering you can get permabanned just for using a slur in chat.

Anonymous

>has lethal friendly fire
                  >can get fucking flagged for TK

Anonymous

Yes thats why people spawned in as the shotgun guy and gunned his team down at spawn.

He was merely confused.

Anonymous

These are the people who play nothing but GTAV online on their consoles all day, doing nothing but blowing up peoples vehicles and getting mad over nothing.
          Remember its $1 on gamepass rn

Anonymous

I wonder if turning off cross play would help.

Anonymous

>and getting mad over nothing
            project much?

Anonymous

What? I dont play gtav. But im glad your quality of posters is infesting Ganker, really makes this a quality place.

Anonymous

>rages at vidya
                >rages at Ganker posts

Anonymous

>The bat, for some reason, actually does significant stumble damage compared to the machete
                  >This can actually allow you to stunlock Tallboy variants, whereas the machete can’t. The machete’s slight damage increase over the bat is nowhere near as useful.

Goddamnit. Now I’ll never get to use the machete.

Hatchet > Fire Axe > Machete > Baseball Bat
                  Fire axe could potentially be useful for popping specials, but you’d need a team that supports that playstyle since its useless vs hordes.

Anonymous

I’m surprised your experience was filled with griefers, sometimes I was playing with stoners who were ready to make pancakes after their play session, but I’m also able to get into silent groups that are able to just play and get the job done.

My bigger gripe is why in the fuck does my character feel like he’s done so much cocaine because when I tried to aim at a single zombie, the crosshairs manages to fly all over the fucking place.

Did they also lock the “accuracy” behind cards or do I need to tweak my controls?

Accuracy is also something locked behind cards, yeah.

Anonymous

>locked behind cards

I was half joking but it’s nice to see that I’d be better off with hip firing everything because it’s more accurate than tweaking like a junkie when down the sights.

Anonymous

My bigger gripe is why in the fuck does my character feel like he’s done so much cocaine because when I tried to aim at a single zombie, the crosshairs manages to fly all over the fucking place.

Did they also lock the “accuracy” behind cards or do I need to tweak my controls?

Anonymous

If you want to play without ADS there are cards specifically for that.

Anonymous

All games made past 2012ish feel like they were made by a computer parsing info on whatg is popular. No games these days feel real or made by real people.

Fake games

Anonymous

is vermintide a good alternative?

Anonymous

Yeah it’s pretty good, although it’s very melee focused

Anonymous

Vermintide 2 is extremely good. It feels like a proper evolution to the left 4 dead formula with a heavy focus on melee combat.

Anonymous

Does anyone have the picture with safe house graffiti comparison to L4D?

Anonymous

There isn’t much really. They attempt to redo the "i miss the internet" bit but worse and theres no chicago ted shit, i assume that was "alt right optics" or whatever sidemullts call things nowadays.

Anonymous

I know but there was a comparison image I wanted to save but cannot find right now, it would go well along the others.

Anonymous

>have incredible amounts of difficulty i shouldnt be having on veteran quickplay
      >almost every game someone doubles up on a weapon type and basically becomes useless while leaving a gap
      >constant horde alerts and supplies getting sucked up

>join another game
      >only 1 dude
      >we never say a word to each other
      >hes a frontline horde clearing assault build, im a special killing sniper build
      >dont have to wait around for faggots to load or spend half an hour choosing between two cards
      >dont have to share ammo
      >never alert a single horde, effectively kill all enemies
      >get through the entirety of Act1 on Veteran without a single down
      >finally speaks up at the end over mic
      >"gg bro i gtg now"
      >"gg"

Shouldve added him

Anonymous

I give up, nightmare is impossible solo. If you can somehow manage to get past the second level maybe but I’ve tried enough. I almost managed with the bots and made it outside of the last house but I got cucked by a door that needed to be busted down.

Anonymous

>nightmare is impossible solo
        the difficulty tells you as much, it’s literally impossible without 4 people working together

Anonymous

That’s not the issue. The issue is you have to roll the dice on the players you get, it would be more than doable if I could guarantee the people on my team aren’t using shit cards. Don’t really need any coordination beyond that.

Anonymous

>The bat, for some reason, actually does significant stumble damage compared to the machete
      >This can actually allow you to stunlock Tallboy variants, whereas the machete can’t. The machete’s slight damage increase over the bat is nowhere near as useful.

Goddamnit. Now I’ll never get to use the machete.

Anonymous

>Spend whole act helping all these randos up
      >I get blown off a wall by a rando boomer spawning out the floor
      >Knocked down
      >Watching blue outlines, including the guy i literally just saved from a web go into the distance

At least i got the trophy for killing 50 zamambos while downed thanks to the power of MACHETE.

Anonymous

This game is the Left 4 dead killer. Nostalgiafags absolutely seething.

Anonymous

The difficulty is totally fucked. Earlier on we had just managed to kill an ogre then four specials all spawned at once along with a horde. I genuinely don’t know what the fuck we were supposed to do in that situation other than just die, almost all of our items were already used.

Anonymous

Go back to recruit, you’re not ready. There are way harder fights than that in the game.

Anonymous

That’s retardedly easy though. This is why I hate the fucking card system, I don’t want to have to grind babbymode just to get the cards for harder modes.

Anonymous

As a console fag I’d like to take a moment to cry about how terrible this game feels on a controller, at least with the default settings. The sensitivity is so fucking low that it takes forever to turn around and there isn’t a quick 180 button like Left4Dead had for some fucking reason. Plus the autoaim feels terrible and locks on from a mile away but aims straight for center mass and then you need to fight against it to actually hit a damn weak point. I’ve definitely got to go in and tweak stuff but this is the worst controlling FPS out of the box I’ve played on a controller in a long fucking time.

Anonymous

That sounds horrible. With how reliant it is on headshots and weak points I can’t imagine not being easily able to aim at them.

Anonymous

I think I need to just turn off autoaim altogether and crank up the sensitivity which I’m definitely not opposed to but the fact the default is like this has me wondering how this team could get it so wrong when L4D feels amazing on a controller. I honestly have no idea how you’re supposed to beat anything above the easy difficulty with these controls.

Anonymous

With how messed up the balance is generally I don’t think they playtested it at all.

Anonymous

It’s like rockstar, just do snap aim, it’s not that hard dude.

Anonymous

Yeah but it snaps to the center of the enemy and that’s never where you want to be shooting.

Anonymous

Aim towards the weakpoint it’ll lock when you ads, tall boys are just cancer anyways so you just have to deal with them.

Anonymous

Oh gotcha. I’ll play around more with it some more. I’m not crazy about the default sensitivity being low as fuck though, right?

Anonymous

Does the game explain how worms took over the planet and why the players don’t get infected?

Anonymous

The players don’t get infected because they’re vaccinated. It doesn’t explain how the worms took over the world though.

Anonymous

>vaccinated
          >against a parasitic bug infestation in your body

lmao, about as much of a vaccine as the covid shot.

Anonymous

There’s actually quite a bit of research going into developing vaccines against parasites. It would probably be sped up quite a bit if we had an issue with zombie worms.

Anonymous

>Does the game explain how worms took over the planet
        Just watch the trailer, really. It shows you how people discovered the parasite. It was some ancient worm dug up in a glacier out in Canada. Then some dumbass researcher decided to examine the worm in a petri dish and it lunged at him, and that was the first ridden. Rest is basically the same old zombie outbreak shit from there.

Anonymous

Am I retarded or is anyone else finding it kind of difficult, even on recruit? I blow the L4D2 just fine, but I keep getting assblasted on this game, and it’s only me too, like no one else on the team is getting fucked

Anonymous

There’s something about it that plays differently I think, I’m the same. I was good at L4D but seem to be a damage sponge in this, more so than the rest of the team. I wonder if it’s because L4D encourages rushing when this is probably supposed to be slower.

Anonymous

Try playing the Beaner with the Machete. He gets a free escape if you keep getting grabbed.

Also always save some stamina for shoving away poopyholes.

Anonymous

It is difficult at first.
        You have to go slowly. There’s pretty much 0 reason to sprint when clearing areas. Always walk. Clear your corners. Listen for screeching audio cues.
        The AI is really fucking dumb, and even if you aggro like 70% of a group sometimes the other 30% will continue hiding behind a wall then smack your ass when you walk by. Clear an entire area before you move on. In Pubs your retarded teammates will sprint and run around, let them die.

For specials, if you ever see a Tallboy or a Reeker (fat guys), turn around, run and put distance between you and them.

Anonymous

Any reason to buy this on a ps5? Good aim is pretty necessary and the game probably won’t go on sale before everyone but the hardest core card grinders are left. Also no gamepass access. Is the classic mode with less card stuff any good, and how often is Doc picked

Anonymous

Now from the creators of EVOLVE, a new game you’ve experienced pieces of before in others! Get ready for the hit release of "I can’t believe you retards still buy our games" 2! The long anticipated revival of (series you actually enjoyed here) will knock you out of your gaming chair!

Anonymous

I’m having a blast had a random team with no mics and playing veteran and killed it.

Anonymous

Why is Veteran so fucking hard? Isn’t it suppose to be this game’s version of Normal?

Anonymous

>play veteran which should be "normal" mode
      >special infected spawning around every corner
      >movement feels very floaty compared to l4d
      >can’t tell that i’m shooting at my team because their design doesn’t stand out at all
      >fov feels extremely tight and claustrophobic
      awful, refunded.

Viewing 58 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.