Why isn’t Parasite Eve talked about more? I feel like the series deserves recognition in the su…

Home Forums A haunted junk yard Why isn’t Parasite Eve talked about more? I feel like the series deserves recognition in the su…

• This topic has 108 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 46 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Why isn’t Parasite Eve talked about more? I feel like the series deserves recognition in the survival horror genre.

Anonymous

Dogshit gameplay. Another Japanese version of The Thing, but worse (like Jenova).

Anonymous

It’s nothing like The Thing, what are you smoking?

Anonymous

It’s almost identically like The Thing mixed with Die Hard.

Anonymous

have a (You)
            you can go away now

Anonymous

You should probably watch The Thing or play Parasite Eve before making these threads.

Anonymous

ugh, this response is already played the fuck out.

Anonymous

I liked the second game’s combat system. Having to wait running around while the ATB bar charged was kinda annoying.

Anonymous

I know you’re trolling but that actually sounds like an awesome premise

Anonymous

have a (You)
          you can go away now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7qR6CnreqM
          It is ABSOLUTELY like The Thing and you are a straight up fucking retard for thinking otherwise.

Anonymous

>Anything with body horror is basically The Thing
            Seriously though, it’s a shame the sequels were so much worse.

Anonymous

2 games ive been sayin im gonna play again

Anonymous

It has some of the best gameplay in the genre

Anonymous

The gameplay is great. It’s very experimental. You can’t find anything like it nowadays. Everything must look and play the same; they must conform to the same homogenized gameplay, controls and camera perspectives

Anonymous

From time to time it gets some discussion but is hard to keep on going, sometimes dead is better when it comes to these old IPs, the last game in the series had a terrible story thanks to the usual licensing hell.

Anonymous

I’d rather talk about Einhander. But Squaresoft doesn’t give a shit about either of them.

Anonymous

1st game was good
      2nd game was ehh and everything towards the end and love interest out of nowhere was retarded
      3rd never happened and hopefully nothing will spawn out of that

what’s there to talk about

Anonymous

There’s only 2 good games and they killed off the franchise with the psp. Not much to say anymore

Anonymous

looks like a slog like the original Resident Evil

Anonymous

Dogshit gameplay for all the wrong reasons. Scrolling down to "Play Furry Cutscene," or "Unload Uzi," and vaporizing mooks isn’t exactly fear-inducing gameplay. Even basic bitch shit like RE/SH at least attempts to create tense gameplay. PE doesn’t.

Anonymous

Sounds like you’d enjoy PE2.

Anonymous

IDK but I love every game in the series (probably the only series where I can forgive that every game differ in gameplay), even The 3rd Birthday because for some reason the gameplay on PSP clicked for me

Anonymous

I only played PE2 and I thought it was just ok. It had that dogshit movement system like RE too. I’m so glad that it never caught on beyond those games.

Anonymous

Those movements were 100% needed in the old RE games though… 4 marked the start of the worst era of RE exactly because they did away with them.

Anonymous

Yeah I figured it was to make it harder and sort of make it scary I guess, but I wish they just found a different way to make it that way. Add more environmental traps, add fatigue, add an injury mechanic that can limp you. Make enemies a little faster to compensate. Anything, really.

Anonymous

The book is one of the most disgusting fucking things I’ve ever read. They should make a game closer in spirit to that.

Anonymous

I wish I had saved the excerpt that gets posted in PE threads sometimes. It’s the scene where Eve shapeshifts into the Doctor’s wife and rapes him. She’s more like an amorphous blob of liquid flesh than the mutated human form she has in the game. I think the sentient goop she turns the Central Park audience into is closer to her book form.

Anonymous

Its like the evil dead but theres a megadeadite on the loose turning people and animals into minions as theyre needed.
      And ash is in full jefe mode
      Id have more go say but gotta replay it. Been years and havent finished it yet. Stuck on day 5

Anonymous

Because Ganker doesn’t actually play games

Anonymous

Eve gave me strange feelings in my pants

Anonymous

is the chrysler building worth playing? I’ve only ever played through the main story

Anonymous

It has a lot of higher-end equipment and mods, from what I remember. Eventually, you’re going to just want to pick one weapon and armor to dump stats onto and perfect with your tools.

Anonymous

Normally I hate games with crafting systems, but Parasite Eve’s is actually one of the only ones I enjoy because you really are just picking one gun and mashing a bunch of other guns into it to create some absurd tricked-out hand cannon

Anonymous

it’s worth beating once if you really liked PE1’s combat
        not sure if beating the game once, then running chrysler at the end of your 2nd run is enough to have a decent time
        but i did my run after beating the main story 2 times and combining everything with at least 3 points on the way into my main junk weapon, that did pretty good and the final boss was still challenging

Anonymous

The cockroach boss is fucking bullshit, it’s 99 randomized floors and the ending is not canon. Gives you top tier equipment though, if you plan on replaying the game on NG+ might as well give it a go.

Anonymous

The first time I played this game, I got hardstuck in the Central Park level because you had to pixel hunt for a desk drawer that had a key inside it. It would be a 9/10 game without that shit

Anonymous
        Anonymous

10/10, fuck anyone who says otherwise.

Anonymous

It only had one game, and didn’t spawn a franchise like Resident Evil or Silent Hill, the two other major horror game franchises from that era.

Anonymous

>It only had one game
        it had two games

Anonymous

bamp

Anonymous

Just what is the deal with PE2’s missables? They’re silly in how obscure and limited in availability they are. Did they do this to make people buy guides?

Anonymous

Glad I caught a PE thread going on, gonna post some art.

Anonymous
          Anonymous
            Anonymous

Sure do!

Anonymous

All my other pics are either too large or lewd, sorry.

Anonymous

Remember the third birthday?

Anonymous

Everyone wishes they didn’t

Anonymous

Granted I haven’t played any TPS games but I played a bit and it wasn’t that bad outside of the level being way too long (Boss right off the bat, like 10 firefights, a section where you cant even heal and two reaper sections and it still wouldn’t end even with infinite retries). But the story lost me when a scientist said "Yeah ghosts are real lol". I’m not even an athiest but Born-again Christian writers should not be allowed anywhere near my pseudoscience mumbo jumbo.

Anonymous

Third Birthday unironically peaks at the first mission
      >Tight corridors that take advantage of the TPS aiming
      >Side objectives
      >Backup and tacticool operations fucking shit up
      >No manual aiming except for bosses
      Everything else fucks it up.

Ultimate Being’s theme getting remixed into a boss theme is cool though.
      And https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxxNOUAooxc

Parasite Eve is an action game first and foremost. Body horror in cutscenes means jack shit when PE1 gives you wide shots to move Aya around, the RPG menus kill any tension and being honest the "body horror" doesn’t translate well into low poly PS1 shit. PE2 is more tense with the real time encounters and the enemies are way more aggresive, camera is closer too. The style of each game works well, I don’t get what you whine about.

Anonymous

Who are you replying to? Also, I don’t see how PE2 is tense when it’s so easy to steamroll the encounters

Anonymous

>Combat theme is creepier than Arise
          >Camera uses closer shots
          >You have to aim with the shit tank controls
          >Enemies are way more agile and force Aya to keep moving
          You’re not pooping your pants, I get it, you’re a big boy.
          PE1 works fine as an ARPG with body horror enemies.
          PE2 works fine as a survival horror with RPG special attacks.
          But neither of them are scary.

Anonymous

>PE2 works fine as a survival horror
            I’m not sure I agree with this, since one of the ways through which survival horror creates tension is through resource scarcity, which isn’t really a concern here unless you’re doing runs on Scavenger mode. Ammo is just really plentiful in general, not only are infinite crates for the handgun a common enough sight, but paid for ammunition isn’t that expensive either, specially so since the M4 is rather affordable and yet really strong, so you just feel on top of your game, and that feeling increases as you unlock more of Aya’s powers. Add to that the armor ability to recover HP after fights on top of your MP and you’re almost self sufficient
            Don’t get me wrong, I think the combat can be really fun and is well put together, but a stricter adherence to that survival horror element could have helped things, since for someone’s first experience with PE2, with its fixed difficulty, you feel more like an exterminator taking on one more job

Anonymous

>you feel more like an exterminator taking on one more job
              That’s literally what you do.

Anonymous

Right, and Aya is really strong in canon even despite losing her powers in between games. It’s just personal taste at this point but Idk, I guess I expected more of a survival aspect to be in it when I was coming to it blind. It still has some good creepy moments, though, I really liked how the trash compactor boss spits the severed heads of the horse-like enemies at you and they laugh manically at you before blowing up, that was neat.
                Something I found strange though was how casually the one guy still living in Dryfield moves around wherever he needs. It’s as if there’s no real hardship to it.

Anonymous

3rd Birthday has interesting concepts like the Twisted, High Ones and Overdive, but they’re stuck in a game that literally only exists because the faggot behind it wanted to force his fetish. It even directly contradicts info given in the past 2 installments.

Anonymous

The trailer for Parasite Eve was one of the most terrifying things from my childhood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPyR9qgcdAU&ab_channel=lfk101

I would nope the fuck out for the rat transformation

Anonymous

Somehow modern graphics can’t replicate the creepiness of PS1 era 3D models for me, no matter how disgusting or gory they make things.

Anonymous

never defeated the baby boss in 2

Anonymous

Shoot ALL of it until it dies.

Anonymous

Not even 2 hours in I deleted this ROM. Its ham fisted woke preaching right out the gate.

Anonymous

Rent free.

Anonymous

the fuck?

Anonymous

>woke preaching right out the gate
        ???

Aya is unironically a stronk woman done right.

Anonymous

It’s one thing that it’s a survival horror/JRPG hybrid which is a weird enough sell, it’s another that the true final boss is behind the stupid Chrysler Building thing. I can see it having its fans but I wasn’t super crazy into it and I never finished the sequel.

Anonymous

I just think it would’ve been better as a survival horror game similar to silent hill and resident evil.

Anonymous

Can’t be running around New York hunting down a psychic psycho with slow, conservative survival horror movement.

Anonymous

I wish big developers still made one-shots now and again like Squaresoft did back in the day.

Anonymous

Gotta throw everything in some shitty AAA shit.

Anonymous

should I read the book before playing the game?

Anonymous

the games are fanfiction that take place on the other side of the world and have basically nothing to do with the book

Anonymous

If you want to know:
        >OG Eve was some random girl’s mitochondria that just decided to rise up
        >Eve literally gets the girl horny for some mitochondria scientist
        >Once they’re married she gets the girl killed
        >Eve also got her to become a donor
        >Workaholic scientist asks for some of her liver to grow some cells
        >An organ goes to a teenager close by
        >Eve grows comfy on the scientist’s lab
        >Some whore tries to romance the scientist but Eve gets inside her to control her
        >Finally she reveals herself to the world and says she wants every human killed
        >Rapes scientist kun
        >Escapes down the drain
        >Goes to the teenager that received the transplant
        >She’s been modifying her body to raise Eve and Scientist’s kid inside her
        >She gets the girl to the morgue, gives her the baby and waits for Eve 2.0 to be born, then dies (meant to happen, something something unstable cells)
        >Scientist and teenager’s dad try to fight Eve 2.0
        >They get their shit pushed in
        >Suddenly Eve 2.0 genderswaps
        >Then does it again
        >And again
        >Scientist’s cells are not compatible with Eve’s superior race cells
        >So Eve 2.0 melts the fuck away, hugging scientist’s kun because muh daddy.
        >Teenager "feels" Eve fucked off for good
        The End

(1/2)

Anonymous

(2/2)

The connection to the game is:
        Actual spoilers of the game
        >Teenager marries a qt aryan that fucks her silly while holding hands and kissing
        >Goes to America and have two little girls
        >Aya and Eve Brea
        >They all get into a crash
        >Eve dies but donates her organs too
        >Some goes to Aya and some go to the opera singer

Anonymous

is that why she went to the opera in the first place, because the singer had her sisters organs?

Anonymous

No, she just happened to be there when Eve decided to take over the singer and start the mitochondriapocalypse.

Anonymous

>Teenager marries a qt aryan that fucks her silly while holding hands and kissing

Based game encouraging WMAF racemixing.

Anonymous

3/2 because why the fuck not

DO NOT WATCH THE PARASITE EVE MOVIE IT’S FUCKING SHIT AND IT BUTCHERS ALL THE COOL SHIT FROM THE BOOK.
        Yours truly, Anon~

Anonymous

[…]

What? Do you think FFVII is BBC propaganda because it has a macho black guy who is a father and leader? Stop being ridiculous.

Anonymous

[…]

There’s zero sexual subtext to their relationship, and Aya being nice to his kid or him being a worried dad looking out for his kid is just common decency.

Anonymous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrCDrSS2LD4
      >comfy weapon modding vibes

Anonymous

Its only talked about by people who actually like and play vidya
      Not to mention its older than alot of fags on this board
      Third birthday also sucked and they couldnt even use the parasite eve name

Anonymous

I started playing it recently and I love everything about it except just how bad the controls feel. Even for a JRPG, they feel absolutely awful and I hate how you have to be perfectly aligned with an interactable object to press X on it.

Also I cannot stand just how slow Eve is. It makes the game so much slower than it needs to be.

Anonymous

>PE2 Akropolis Tower
      >big creepy guy escapes and drops a long item with a button on it
      >you know that he has planted bombs in the building
      >in comes Broderick
      >picks the thing up
      >Both him and Aya scratch their heads while the former presses the button
      >the bombs explode
      This entire cutscene was so surreal

Anonymous

>mfw farming 300 junk

Anonymous

I’ll make a wish that can’t backfire. I wish for a new Parasite Eve game, with Aya Brea as the protagonist, with updated graphics and soundtrack, and, AND I don’t want Nomura to do the story, I don’t want Aya to have amnesia, and I DON’T want to shoot Aya as nu-Aya myself, and I don’t want any other weird kingdom hearts-esque surprises. You got it?

Jesus Christ wtf were they thinking in 2010 for 3rd Birthday fuck you tabata

Anonymous

they don’t have the rights to the parasite eve or aya brea brand anymore. Im going to go out on a limb and guess the author is some japanese ultra nationalist who didnt like seeing his work being retooled to be american focused

Anonymous

It’s kinda funny that I happened to play it for the first time recently and now’s there a thread. I can’t help but think that PE not getting any form or a remake or update/etc. is sitting on the biggest wasted potential in gaming outside of Game Freak.

>TPS controls but with unique RPG mechanics
      >Horror revival through resident evil, EA with Dead Space, possibly konami with Silent Hill means trendy
      >get brownie points with the journos for having a "strong female character"
      >Happens that aya a cute too

Just something in our lifetimes SE please.

Anonymous

>that wrist position
        Does she want to break her wrist or something? Or maybe it’s some 200 IQ special move they teach at police academies.

Anonymous

the might not be able to due to IP rights or something

Anonymous

>mfw dying to the mutant dog when Ben’s son goes after em like an clown

what am I doing wrong here,I don’t remember the game being this hard before did I miss some special gun back in the park or something?

Anonymous

Love 1 and 2 and 3rd Birthday very much. Aya is very beautiful and strong. Her accuracy with small arms weapons makes me wish she was my wife. I am dreaming for a next game with the original style. Hello from Japan.

Anonymous

There is no next game. There won’t even be a remaster or remake

Anonymous

Because there is no way to buy it other than original psx discs

Anonymous

>buy it
        lol

Anonymous

this game gave me nightmares for a long time as a kid. There is just something deeply unsettling about eve’s design to me.

Anonymous

THIS OH GOD THAT FINAL CGI

Anonymous

can I fuck it?

Anonymous

Oh you’re going to get your wish very soon.
      >Light & Darkness
      >Time Travel
      >endless cannon spinoffs, sequels, prequels
      >floaty combat
      >multiple people being inside you, inside me, inside we
      Can’t wait

Anonymous

isn’t that TV show airing right now supposed to be heavy inspired by P.E to the point where the MC looks like an older Aya evening wearing her coat?

I think it was called La Brea or something

Anonymous

Tv show?

Anonymous

Doesn’t look like it, unless there’s some deep lore I’m not finding from a quick google search on it.

Anonymous

>people get combusted and gooped by the hundreds
      >feel nothing
      >Eve lights the horses on fire
      >mfw

Anonymous

I’m…… GETTING……. HOT!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Games used to have nice easter eggs

Viewing 46 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.