Will you be going for all achievements? This will be the first time San Andreas gets a 100% completi…

Home Forums A haunted junk yard Will you be going for all achievements? This will be the first time San Andreas gets a 100% completi…

• This topic has 87 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 25 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Will you be going for all achievements? This will be the first time San Andreas gets a 100% completion achievement. There are mission specific achievements that require playing them in specific ways too.

Anonymous

I don’t play censored trash by fake rockstar games.

Anonymous

GTA IV and GTA V have also had content cut in patches.

Anonymous

And that mean’s it’s ok thing to do?

Anonymous

Based, shit went downhill after VC

Anonymous

First post is the best post. Unless they renewed the licenses for all the songs they removed from the Steam version, I’m not touching it. Double if they added mumble rap like Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1+2 did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrwjiO1MCVs

Anonymous

Do we know for a fact this game will be censored or not? Or is it a meme?

Anonymous

meme until proven otherwise, Ganker posters are a bunch of cynic cunts

Anonymous

It happened with Destroy All Humans & Sam & Max. Seems only appropriate to be speculative about the game unless shown otherwise.

Anonymous

It is obvious considering that every version of VC and SA that came out after their original PS2 releases was censored. Ignore delusional retards like

meme until proven otherwise, Ganker posters are a bunch of cynic cunts

Anonymous

>It is obvious considering that every version of VC and SA that came out after their original PS2 releases was censored.

gonna have to back this up.

Anonymous

Vice City Haitian Friendly versions and San Andreas post hot coffee

Anonymous

I remember Rockstar had to set up a web site for damage control…all over something that can not be accessed without modification.

https://web.archive.org/web/20050811012025/http://nomorehotcoffee.com/

Anonymous

>modding will never be allowed because of this shit

Anonymous

Hot coffee was never intended to be in the game, Rockstar lied to ESRB, instead of removing all the assets and code they just disabled it. You can’t really access it unless you mod the game on PC. That’s why the original version’s rating was changed to AO and back to M with a re-release.

Anonymous

Hot Coffee is never meant to be in the final release you retard

Anonymous

They did "patch" games with later discs. Minor performance improvements like removing smoke grenades in VC (tanks the frame rate) and removing Haitian gang colors.

Anonymous

retard

Anonymous

like I said, meme until proven otherwise, melanoid

Anonymous

Kys shill

Anonymous

>faggot needs little pixels for his digital stickerbook to 100% a game

Anonymous

Well I 100% GTA3 and VC for the trophies. Never SA as the platinum doesn’t requure 100%. I’m looking forward to finally 100% SA.

Anonymous

>he didn’t go for 100% completion in the OG GTA titles as a kid
        Stop lapring you subhuman melanoid. Achievements are no different from menu tracked statistics which anyone serious about video games played for back in the day.

Anonymous
            Anonymous

t. didn’t 100% san andreas when he was 13.

Don’t >> me you casual faggot.

Anonymous

100% completion is a checklist for simply doing all the content prepared for the player, aka getting the most out of the game’s experience
          cheevos are usually doing some dumb shit like headshot 1000 dudes or do a triple flip on bicycle

Anonymous

i’ll wait for in depth analysis to see how bad it is and what was removed or censored.

Anonymous

Do we know if the music is coming back? If Rockstar is gonna bother making a big hullabaloo about rereleasing their old shit they can at least shell out the dosh to renew those expired song licenses.

Anonymous

I don’t mind if they change the soundtracks a bit so long as it’s good stuff. V-Rock was such a mixed bag of absolutely amazing stuff and pure fucking garbage I wouldn’t be upset if they changed up the tracks to make the station more consistent quality-wise.

Anonymous

Rockstar are the biggest garden gnomes in the industry, but their hordes of brown teenage fanboys do their best to bury that. There is literally no chance whatsoever that the soundtracks will be intact.

Anonymous

Mission replay feature ?

Anonymous

as if these games aren’t easy enough

Anonymous

Probably but I really hope Vice City has that stupid Godfather trophy removed.

Anonymous

It is coming back apparently. Don’t you have to be insanely accurate with gunfire for that?

Anonymous

it is, the picture of the canoli was in the data mine.

Anonymous

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Anonymous

were gonna make it bro.

Anonymous

>beat the game as 100% fat cj
      >beat the game as auschwitz mode skinny cj
      >beat the game as jacked muscle cj

Anonymous

Yes. It gives me an excuse to 100% again

Anonymous

I want to, but I’m just a few years shy of 30 and really don’t have the attention span I did as a kid. I’m also worried that very early on into each game it’ll become apparent that the games just didn’t age well and I’ll lose interest.

I 100%’d all three games on the Xbox trilogy back when I was in middle school though.

Anonymous

Wow there was a trilogy for the original xbox? I thought only GTA Sa was on Xbox

Anonymous

3 and VC was also on OG XBOX, I remembered the advantage of playing VC on XBOX is the character actually have separate fingers instead of glued fingers

Anonymous

You zoomers are so pathetic
      Who the fuck cares about trophies

Anonymous

I’m really excited to see the versions. Just a few days ago I thought they were going to be complete shit, but the new leaks made me a lot more optimistic.

Anonymous

What leaks? I thought these were just going to be like the mobile ports.

Anonymous

The store description and system requirments got datamined by a reputable community member. The CPU requirments are a lot beavier than expected which lets me to believe that this won’t be simple ports. They also changed the controls to be similar to GTA 5. There are some mistakes in both the description and the spec list but the person who posted these is not a nobody so I think they can be trusted.

https://gtaforums.com/topic/976221-gta-trilogy-the-definitive-edition-officially-announced-coming-soon/page/255/?tab=comments#comment-1071670649

https://gtaforums.com/topic/976221-gta-trilogy-the-definitive-edition-officially-announced-coming-soon/page/251/?tab=comments#comment-1071670524

Anonymous

>increased draw distances
            I hope they don’t turn it up to 11, because seeing LV from LS is bullshit.
            But hey, fix the tree popup

Anonymous

Those specs are utter bullshit when you consider the hardware required today when using mods to push the games past engine breaking points. How the fuck do the 3 games require 45gb and a cpu staggeringly faster than what was available upon release is beyond me. Unless those retards are using UE4 for the launcher and have actually no idea what they are doing.

Anonymous

Easy. The 16GB RAM are for the 4K textures. GPU requirements stay low because the map and assets are just ports from the old versions. The increase in CPU power is because of the modern light and shadows + more pedestrians/traffic. You get all of this except the textures pretty much for free by porting the existing assets into Unreal and the game still stays scalable for low end hardware like phones or the switch because the expensive stuff can be turned down or off easily.

Anonymous

>16GB RAM are for the 4K texture
                Why the fuck would that be relevant for system ram – it is the GPU that would be handling textures in its framebuffer so it should be vram, not system ram that gets hammered by the supposed 4k textures.

Anonymous

You are right I always mix these up. I still think the RAM requirements aren’t too stupid when you consider that there is no need to optimize a game this old. Maybe just load in as much as they can just because. It’s not like 8 to 16GB is anything special these days. The recommended specs might also be to run the game at 4K resolution at 60fps.

Anonymous

>seething computer cuck and his toaster

lmao

Anonymous

My system is significantly more powerful than the listed requirements – this doesn’t make them any less bullshit.

Anonymous

how is this going to run on switch/xboxone/ps4?

Anonymous

They aren’t the same, retard.

Anonymous

The rumour is they not using RAGE and use unreal instead

Anonymous

Achievement unlocked: The bigger they are…

Anonymous

Getting 100% in San Andreas is relatively straightforward. Getting Godfather Criminal Rating in Vice City is not. If they patched the exploits, getting the Take the Cannoli achievement/trophy in Vice City will be fucked.

Anonymous

If they patch the exploit it’s like a 200-300 hours grind inputing the same cheat code
        And maybe the cheat code will stop you from getting the trophies like gta4 and 5, making it nearly impossible
        Also gta3 without the health cheat was one of the hardest game to 100%

Anonymous

>still no screenshots or gameplay
      I’m worried bros

Anonymous

All they have to do to make these games look and feel modern is add
        – modern light and weather effects
        – shadow casting to every object
        – higher resolution textures
        – increase the draw distance, but not too much
        – better controls
        All of these are pretty much confirmed. The only people who will be disappointed will be those who expect full blown remakes.

Anonymous

The physics in the first two are terrible to non-existent

Anonymous

go back to sucking dicks on reddit

Anonymous

>posts that while being anally blasted with Rockstar’s cum

Anonymous

fuck off frog poster.

Anonymous

>noooo how dare you imply anything negative about my favourite billion dollar company

Anonymous

I’ll probably pirate it tbh so no. If it’s 70 bucks it would be absolutely ridiculous.

Anonymous

I’m expecting a shoddy broken PC port for some reason, I can feel it.

Anonymous

Honestly, with how companies are with making "remakes" and "remastered" versions of already-released games, I have absolutely no faith for the release of this and will not get it. Knowing how Rockstar is nowadays and the way they like to save money, they are going to cut out a lot of shit and probably will not even renew the music licenses for most of the soundtracks across all games. Imagine playing 3 and having most of the underground, early 2000s trance tracks from the Rise FM station removed.. Hell, Rockstar even announced that they will make content changes to this trilogy game in order to appeal to a more "modern" audience…

Anon, do yourself a fucking favor and emulate the ps2 versions on your PC. You get to play the 1.0 versions of these games and truly enjoy them the way that the OG Rockstar development team intended. Forget the retarded zoomer-like achievements and """graphic"""" upgrades and experience the soul.

Anonymous

PS2 aiming is terrible though, it’s so bad I resorted to just running people over lol

Anonymous

Really? I didn’t really have a problem with it, even in 3. It’s one of those things that with time, I got used to, but at the beginning, it was a pain in the ass.

Anonymous

>PS2 aiming is terrible though
          The first two games don’t fully implement the analog sticks. They just duplicate the d-pad. If they don’t implement free look / free aim in GTAIII and VC then this whole thing is pointless. SA has always been playable on consoles as a modern game but the first two did not age well.

Anonymous

>They just duplicate the d-pad
            Wrong, in 3 and VC you can push the left stick less to walk instead of running.

Anonymous

How does software mode look?

Anonymous

Honestly, it looks just like the original did. Sure you could bump up the res to get the more HD look, but with software mode, it keeps all of the foggy and blurry-like shaders and graphics intact, for all three games which is a huge plus for me.

I don’t really use Pcsx 2 since I have copies of each for the ps2, but I can imagine if people want to emulate the original experience, its the way to go.

Anonymous

GTA 3 RE is superior to the original PS2 version in every way.

Anonymous

I’m not in a hurry to give money to a company that DMCA’d free mods just to avoid having to compete with them, especially when the soundtrack is almost certain to be even more cut down than the currently available versions.
      If it’s actually a good remaster/remake then I might get it when the whole trilogy goes on sale for $10 or less.

Anonymous

I used to be like you: idealistic, picky. Now I don’t care. I just want something to look forward to playing.

Anonymous

I wouldn’t call myself idealistic when buying the remasters isn’t completely off the table. I just don’t think they’ll be worth the asking price. Especially since I just recently replayed III and VC with re3, with the soundtracks intact and all.

Anonymous

I 100%-ed each of those at least twice and would gladly do that again, achievements seem like a good incentive too. But unless all the original content is still in there (songs included) and the artstyle isn’t ruined I’m not touching those new versions

Anonymous

I got the plat on SA for PS4. So I’m good.

Anonymous

Got the platinum on PS3, PS4 and 1000G on 360. For some reason the 360 version was the glitchiest.

Anonymous

Will SA still have the janky ass multiplayer?

Anonymous

Wasn’t that thing unofficial? I never actuallu used it, but always though samp was a third party thing

Anonymous

It didn’t have multiplayer but it did have items things that enabled a jank couch co-op. I don’t know if that’s what the other guy is taking about.

Anonymous

Fuck no, lol. I’ll wait for that to go on sale, have fun with them until I get bored, and then drop them like a lead balloon.

I don’t need a pat on the head from a storefront to justify my purchase.

Anonymous

was there this much ado about the mobile remakes? i can’t remember

Anonymous

>This will be the first time San Andreas gets a 100% completion achievement.
      and so is 3 and Vice City

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.