Yo this is my first time playing this shitty game (proud mode), what is the most based setup I can p…

Home Forums A haunted junk yard Yo this is my first time playing this shitty game (proud mode), what is the most based setup I can p…

• This topic has 67 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Yo this is my first time playing this shitty game (proud mode), what is the most based setup I can pick?

Anonymous

take shield
      give up staff

Anonymous

Fpbp

Anonymous

Do NOT play this game, refund it. I made the same mistake and started playing when he got in smash. It’s shit. The bosses are all poorly designed. you’ll see what i mean with guard armor. You can’t even block his fucking attacks yet, you have to tediously wait for him to use the spinning move and then get a couple hits in while letting donald and goofy wittle him down. it’s so frustrating this game.

Anonymous

>loser can’t parry for sweet tech points

lol

Anonymous

>he couldn’t even get past the big armor
        Holy fuck you’re shit. Literal 10 year olds beat that shit (including myself)

Anonymous

Depends on how you want to play. Want to spam Magic? +Staff. Want to hit stuff? +Sword. Shield is trash, always set it as the giveup.

Anonymous

Sword, every time any of the games ask this you go sword. Only saying it cause it’s weird nobody has said it yet. To my understanding, always go sword

Anonymous

>Sword
        But that magic anon…

Anonymous

Alright, Im going +Sword -Shield

Anonymous

You got fucking played lmao. Have fun with less AP and item slots and no guard until 24.

Anonymous

you’ve done the opposite of what you should have done

Anonymous

Always shield for early guard and leaf bracer anon.

Anonymous

Pretty much the worst choice you could have gone with. Sword is garbage and you should never give up shield. Abilities and magic are tied to max MP, so you just gimped yourself massively by not choosing staff. All the extras tied to sword can gained with items later on in the game lmao

Anonymous

Based, you do you anon.

Anonymous

If you are playing on Proud for the first time you are going to NEED the Leaf Bracer ability which prevents the Cure spell from getting interrupted, and it unlocks earliest with Shield. With Sword you will probably reach the end of the game before learning it.

Anonymous

>-Shield
        Enjoy dying a lot.

Anonymous

I don’t know why everyone is acting like you killed someone. This game is easy enough on every difficulty that your choices there legitimately don’t matter. If you were doing a level 1 run, sure, but it’s really not that hard at all.

Anonymous

Late guard is a killer on proud mode, no bracer until endgame is a big annoyance in bosses.

Anonymous

Heh see you ragequitting soon op

Anonymous

enjoy waiting till level 90 for second chance

Anonymous

this is what I did in 8th grade and i had no idea why it felt so hard, in hindsight i probably appreciated the game more because of the difficulty. If that’s for you, you’re making the right choice

Anonymous

Staff/Shield, give up sword, every time. Magic is probably a better choice unless you’re terrible at avoiding damage.

Oh you were just baiting us.

It’s been awhile since I played it, but what were the correct options with Tidus and Selphie and the others? I genuinely forget.

Anonymous

It’s just a way of choosing the time of day. Top answers are dawn, middle answers midday, bottom answers dusk.

Anonymous

I actually chose this because I was too lazy to look it up but now I’m 7 hours in and just go to agrabah so I’m not gonna start again. Does it get worse?

Anonymous

Nah, if you’ve made it all the way to Agrabah, you’re fine. The issue with KH1 is that a lot of pretty vital skills (scan, guard, etc) are locked to levels and you can essentially fuck yourself out of having them at all in earlygame.
          This is why so many people get filtered early on in KH1. If you’re past Deep Jungle, you’re past the filter.

Anonymous

Gigachad choice.

Anonymous

Delete the game it’s over.

Anonymous
        Anonymous

>no guard
        >no second chance

you fucked up.

Anonymous

look at all those crying casuals

Anonymous

kingdom hearts is a magic game anon

Anonymous

Do not play KH1 on Proud. Play on Normal.
      It’s KH2 and 3 you should be playing on Critical (which doesn’t exist in 1).

Pick magic, it’s objectively the best and if you don’t pick it you permanently miss out on an extra point of MP (and Max MP is tied to your magic damage too)

Anonymous

>playing the worst kh
      >when melody of memories is far superior and you play through the entire series

Anonymous

Don’t know what this means but I’m also going to start my adventure at night, whatever that means.

Anonymous

Morning = Level ups come fast early on but require more XP in the end.

Day = Even XP curve

Night = Slower level ups early on but require less XP at the higher levels.

Anonymous

What the fuck was nomura thinking

Anonymous

>sword
        >night
        anon drops the game at deep jungle boss, calling it now

Anonymous

I’ll post when I beat Jungle world

Anonymous

not clayton
            ee oo oo oo ah

Anonymous

NGMI

Anonymous

Night is best since you need roughly 10% less exp overall for max level that way.
        You’ve saved yourself literal hours of grinding so long as you can manage being made of tissue paper for the first few worlds.

Anonymous

Day is best for sword to outpace the early fragility, especially if you ditched shield.

Anonymous

Day is best if you’re a pussy maybe.

Anonymous

I miss KH1, it’s just such a well rounded action adventure game with exploration too. 2 and 3 feel like pure combat action games that don’t even get good until you’ve maxed everything and are fighting the secret bosses.

Anonymous

I know sword is shit, but what’s the better choice between wand and shield? Also, what’s best to throw away?

Anonymous

Shield makes the game easiest but Wand is best for min/maxing

Anonymous

>WIND

Anonymous

Choose shield, throw away sword. You can make up the stat loss with accessories, but you gain permanent AP, MP and item slots, as well as far more useful early abilities.

Anonymous

I thought the wand was the one which gives you MP and the shield item gave slots only which was useful for the mega elixirs?

Anonymous

Iā€™m thinking about replaying my original Kingdom Hearts disc for PS2. So none of the final mix spells like leaf bracer. What should I pick bros? +staff -shield?

Anonymous

Your image won’t apply then because the skill order in vanilla KH1 was different (as is, they actually fixed a lot of dumb stuff like "Sword gets Guard only way later on yet even Staff gets it earlier when it’s fucking non-melee route", MP Rage being b r o k e n (every 2 (or was it 3) damage converts into 1 MP, and these abilities STACK)
        Staff in vanilla version is so broken it’s not even funny
        >all, and by that I mean ALL important abilities are available before Lv.50 (or 52, can’t remember exactly)
        >pre-nerf MP Rage
        >magic is still godly, and because of MP Rage you can spam it without trouble
        >Spellbinder is pretty much the best Keyblade for Staff route in vanilla because Diamond Dust doesn’t exist so +2 MP is your highest option – the cherry on top is just how early you get Spellbinder compared to stuff like Metal Chocobo or Oblivion, aka best melee Keyblades in vanilla)
        >did I mention pre-nerf MP Rage?
        Just go +Staff -Sword and enjoy how stupidly strong you get

Anonymous

Thanks friend

Anonymous

Staff is literally trannie mode,get shield for balanced stuff or sword to kill everyone

Anonymous

Pick shield. Dead fucking serious. People will try and meme you into not picking shield, but if you pick anything else you don’t get Guard until level fucking 24 at the earliest. Yes, picking Guard will deprive you on some decent combat moves. No, it is absolutely fucking not worth not getting Guard. If you have to pick anything else, pick Sword since it gives you Scan pretty early too, which is nice.
      Don’t pick staff until second pkaythrough or you’re retarded.

Anonymous

>proud mode
      >give up shield
      >never cast wind

Unironically how I played the game my first time.

Anonymous

I dont remember this morning day night XP shit

Anonymous

I beat Riku, this aint shit

Anonymous

Couldn’t leave score like that
        I will see you all when i beat the jungle

Anonymous

Take staff
      Give up sword
      Best possible stast in the end

Anonymous

>BEST TIER
      +Staff/-Sword, +Shield/-Sword
      >DECENT TIER
      +Shield/-Staff
      >FILTERED BY DEEP JUNGLE TIER
      +Staff/-Shield, +Sword/-Staff
      >OH SHIT melanoid WHAT ARE YOU DOING
      +Sword/-Shield

Anonymous

I played +sword/-staff every single playthrough on the original and on proud mode in 1.5.

Anonymous

Best weapon in this game is the Uninstall + play Crono Trigger instead combo

Anonymous

Chrono Trigger fans are fast eclipsing FF6 and Earthbound fags as the most annoying classic JRPG fans on the internet.

Anonymous

Tbf those are the good jrpg games

Anonymous

you played yourself for falling for obvious larp faggotry, not even him.

Anonymous

Sounds like OP already picked but for anyone else interested, the meta answer is to take shield because it grants the most important abilities in the game earlier. But the based answer is to pick whatever sounds the coolest to you.

Anonymous

I’m playing on normal and took shield and gave up sword, I’m up to Neverland

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.