no, but you can press it 0.5 times on average

Anonymous

negative edge

Anonymous

raffs in your direction

Anonymous

Those weren’t digital.

Anonymous

Pannen very clearly explained why half a presses are annotated as such and if you still don’t get it you’re just a moron.

Anonymous

how about I halfway rape you

Anonymous

that would simply be inserting and nothing more

Anonymous

I don’t think having a small dick works that way.

Anonymous

But who the fuck cares how many times you do/don’t press the A button in Mario64?

Anonymous

Low% is kino

Anonymous

Honestly, IF it could be done with 0 or 1 presses, it would be noteable, but since it can’t, and the record is some arbitrary number (14?) then I don’t see any hype in it.

Anonymous

That’s still pretty impressive for a game whose playable character’s main gimmick is jumping.

Anonymous

You will. You are wired into the machine via your muscles via kinetic energy transfer. Your brain sends energy from your muscles to the buttons into the machine.

I continue to play games because I have nothing and nobody, and at the actual in game rate of speed at this rate I’ll be immortal because of how CPU cycles work, and by the time I figured it out they had already lured me in when I was a child and I had thousands of hours invested in games.

Fast computers are fast because they have more time to be slow.

Anonymous

Or is it whoever turns the machine on the first time?

Take care of your cars or buy used

Anonymous

It’s semantics, but you can literally only press the button once, not half. The press and release are two separate actions.

Anonymous

he fucking explained so clearly i legitimately dont understand how people are still getting caught up in the idea that it somehow involves literal button presses.
          >in this scenario you press the button once
          >in that scenario you dont
          >both scenarios are important, so we came up with a special notation for this type of button press
          are you just being retarded on purpose or what. seriously what is your fucking deal

Anonymous

>in this scenario you press the button once
            so not half

Anonymous

youre doing this on purpose. youre being retarded on purpose. why are you being retarded on purpose what do you fucking have to gain from this. its not fucking funny

Anonymous

He saved an A press by not completing the action immediately, but that was still an A press in the end. The button can’t be half-pressed. A ‘half a press’ should just be rounded up to a whole A press because that button has to be let go of eventually and it was already in a pressed state. The fact that he’s preserved the ‘held’ state still means the button has been pressed.

Anonymous

no.stop this. you re doig this on phrpise. why? yoy know what im talking about. you know what panne n is talkign about. sowhy do this shit?is it funny to yoy?are tou derivinng laughter from it?what is your fucking issue

Anonymous

>should just be rounded up to a whole A press

so your logic is essentially this

>presses A button in bob bomb battlefield video for a total of 3 A presses, but continues holding down the A button, counting this as a half press for a total of 2.5
                  >next video he goes to whomps fortress while still holding the A button from previous video
                  >presses A button 3 additional times, while adding the half press from the last level for a total counted of 3.5 presses
                  >in the grand scheme of things, he only pressed down the A button 6 full times
                  >but because you’re saying he should round them up, since he did these in two separate videos (even though its the same playthough), he should actually count those 6 presses as 7 because your autism cant understand this

do you get why youre retarded? or will that never actually occur to you

Anonymous

they are trolling. they get it and understand it and even agree with it but they know it pisses people off because it’s a concept explained so well that there is no room for error so when they make threads like this they know somebody is going to take the bait

Anonymous

I just did

Anonymous

In this instance, pressing means tapping, and holding is half the action of tapping

Anonymous

>the penis is inside you before the rape actually started
        >half a rape press

Anonymous

No one’s going to count every time the controller is polled.

Anonymous

Press for half a second or press for .25 of a second. Etc.

Anonymous

You can if it has levels of pressure sensitivity

Anonymous

There’s press
      And there’s depress
      Holding the button down is a press

Anonymous

>snake, press and depress the action button
        nope, doesn’t work like that

Anonymous

It does

Anonymous

try half pressing a key on your keyboard

Anonymous

That’s kind of weird how depress and press can mean the same thing .. like you’re pressing something into the ground // you’re depressing it into the ground.
          Press and release.

Anonymous

That’s literally how Zato works in Guilty Gear. Zato attacks when you press a button, and Eddie attacks when you release a button.

Anonymous

I miss voiced pannen
      Fuck your fags for bullying him so he stopped

Anonymous

Nobody bullied Pannen. Everybody thought his commentary was 10/10 solid gold, and everybody was messaging him telling him how good it was, and he’s autistic so he completely shut down in response.

Anonymous

I miss voiced pannen
          Fuck your fags for bullying him so he stopped

he didnt stop commentary because he was bullied, he stopped because retarded youtube faggot commenters were bullying the people he made harmless jokes about in his video,

Anonymous

Are you kidding? That was TJ ”’Henry”’ Yoshi’s shot at minor e-celeb status. I’m sure the dude relished his time in the spotlight.

Anonymous

I guess pannen felt bad about it because still to this day people cant separate TJ from the meme, and that will literally never stop

Anonymous

of course not
      but if a task only requires half of the important parts of a "full press" of an A button, you could say it takes "half of a press"
      and in isolation this would clearly require and count as a full press of the A button, but if you can perform two such tasks sequentially (and they both use different "halves" of the full A press) you would only require one A press to obtain both of them. 2 tasks, one A press, you could very reasonably say as that each of those tasks requires "half an A press"

Anonymous

if people say "only pressing the a button down and not bringing it back up" will you all shut the fuck up

Anonymous

Everyone knows what it means, it’s all just shitposting.

Anonymous

But is half press as pre or ss or pr or rss?

Anonymous

0 = not pressed
      1 = pressed
      0 after 1 = released() -> goto not pressed

Anonymous

>t. tj henry yoshi

Anonymous

Imagine being so fucking retarded that an actual autistic man can outsmart you.
      Fucking embarrassing, TJ "Henry" Yoshi-kun

Anonymous

Just hold the button down

Anonymous

he works at google now

Anonymous

fucking nice

Anonymous

Source? People used to say he was a teacher when he wasn’t. Also have my doubts that a man who locked himself in the room of his parent’s house works at Google.

Anonymous

I can’t prove it, but my friend dates his sister

Anonymous

Does your friend work at Nintendo?

Anonymous

you can believe it or not believe it, I’m just saying it

Anonymous

Factually correct
      However the term used is not "digital input" it is "press" which is a more ambiguous term
      Therefore if a press is considered as the initial downward force on the button followed by the release of said button it is in fact possible to do a "half press"

Anonymous

when do they teach decimals in america? lmao

there is literally infinite numbers between 0 and 1.
      0.1 0.2 etc.

and guess what?

0.5 is in the middle between 0 and 1, there, solved it for ya

Anonymous

anon computers work on binary logic
        in this case there isn’t an infinite amount of numbers between 0 and 1 there is only 0 (off) and 1 (on)
        You can have a sequence of ons and offs but there is no "half on" or half off"

Anonymous

it’s not half of an ‘off’ or half of an ‘on’
          if one press has two outputs and you only output one of the two, that’s a ‘half press’

Anonymous

Its just convenient terminology for when you use 1 press for multiple sections. If you come into something holding a button you didn’t exactly "press" it for that section but you still need a way to show that numerically, so half is what they use to denote this.

Anonymous

What if it’s pressure sensitive?

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • The forum ‘A haunted junk yard’ is closed to new topics and replies.