You promised me New World would be another Tortanic. Why won’t it die?

Home Forums General video game discussion & off topic You promised me New World would be another Tortanic. Why won’t it die?

Viewing 37 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

You promised me it would be another Tortanic. Why won’t it die? Is it actually good should I play it?

Anonymous

too late now. just wait until it hits f2p

Anonymous

It’s all bots.

Anonymous

Honestly you should play it
      Seeing how mediocre this game is will be one of the biggest red pills you ever take in your life
      Amazon controls the world and can influence anybody to do anything

Anonymous

i own the game, have no fucking idea why numbers are this high. its one of the most barebones games ive played and ive played a lot of korean mmos

Anonymous

It scratches that runescape itch where you can just spend your time fucking around with life skills like furniture making. A fresh change of pace from wow and ffix theme park shit.

Anonymous

>It scratches that runescape itch where you can just spend your time fucking around with life skills like furniture making.
          who has this itch, fucking no one. Any other game has content to go with the dumbass treechopping grind. This is just black desert: american edition

Anonymous

>who has this itch, fucking no one
            the millions of players?

Anonymous

Less than a million according to steam

Anonymous

It doesn’t even have a single million.

Anonymous

If it had 900k players online at the same time, it most certainly has more than 2 million active players, just based on timezone differences alone.

Anonymous

You know what scratches my Runescape itch? Runescape. New World borrows some ideas from RS without actually doing anything better.

Anonymous

only truth pilled post in thread.
            Also runescape doesn’t need a 1070 or better to run either.

Anonymous

Amazon gift cards.

Anonymous

But it was never alive.
      You just see streamers and the gameplay and graphics makes Assassin’s Creed Valhalla look like the best game in the history of gaming.

Anonymous

Assassin’s Creed is a single player game so it’s not comparable.

Anonymous

MMOs are allowed to look like shit because they are multiplayer?

Anonymous

Harder to make good graphics when one hundred players can be on screen simultaneously and cast spells.

Anonymous

>one hundred players can be on screen
              that hasn’t happened since lineage 2

Anonymous

Its actually not, you just stop chasing realistic/photorealism rather than a stylized aesthetic.

Anonymous

>not even a 1 million. Called it. It’s DOA
      Next week it won’t even be 100k
      And after a month it will be around 10k
      In about a year it will be f2p and have 24h population peaks of 1k,you read it here first. I’m so sure about it that I’m betting the health of the mother of the anon who posts below me. Don’t worry anon she’s safe, I swear it on the health of the mother of the op

Anonymous

FF14 didn’t reach 1 mill till 5 years after RR launched. Would you say that game was DOA?

Anonymous

Yes and that game is a dying still.

Anonymous

Everyone knows it’s shit, literally just thousands of twitch drones waiting in queues trying to get into the same servers as their fave streamer, most streamers are playing on the US east and that’s main one with the long queues, the rest of the regions are dead by comparion. LITERALLY this game is being driven by twitch streamers, RIP after they’re all gone

Anonymous

F for yo mama anon

Anonymous

>metacritic
        Lol

>1/10 game is shit, because it is ok.

Anonymous

All queue watchers, I myself sat in queue and went afk to watch netflix for 6 hours while still being at 800 after those 6 hours. Anyway game is shit, just finished writing my bad review. Going back to wow

Anonymous

>going back to wow

I’d rather sit in the queue tbh

Anonymous

What’s actually the point of this game? There’s no endgame content and the PvP is unbalanced and garbage.

Anonymous

The point is to have fun.

Anonymous

how?

Anonymous

Giving your money to Bezos.

Anonymous

you say this like you haven’t

Anonymous

it used to be pvp but they gutted the fuck out of that and replaced it with nothing

Anonymous

>listening to screaching autist who try to make every game a tortanic
      Kek

Anonymous

Jeff Bezos single-handedly wrote the entire game’s code by himself. Won’t you dignify his efforts by giving it a try?

Anonymous

>"new world sucks don’t play it"
      >logs back into osrs

Anonymous

the final pill, and possibly the most bitter, is that there are no good mmos

Anonymous

>Already lost 120k players from its peak
      Yeah it’ll be dead by the end of the month.

Anonymous

>people work on weekdays

Anonymous

Wanna make a bet that the peak next Sunday will be lower or not?

Anonymous

probably but want to make a bet that the game will have around 900k friday and saturday prime time?

Anonymous

>implying people with jobs play mmoshit

Anonymous

fotm, people are hungry for a fresh, big budget moo

Anonymous

Isn’t that 100k or so less then the peak? I’ve watched alot of the game and im gonna be honest it doesn’t look like it has much staying power, and over time certain issues like the lack of content and the factions will only get worse with time as more and more people leave.

Anonymous

It’s not good, but it’s a whole lot better than Themepark shit. It’s already better than XIV minus the story.
      Still pales in comparison to Runescape

Anonymous

How many of these people are really playing and how many are looking at queues?

Anonymous

Most considering I’m getting no que after day 3. You have to be a retard to roll on a high que server when they announced free transfers.

Anonymous

It’s kind of the opposite since you have to be a sheep to believe amazon will let you transfer to full servers in the future. If you’re planning on trying to transfer to one of the most populated servers currently I have bad news for you.

Anonymous

I’m honestly surprised by the numbers. I mean, with almost a million concurrent players, it got way more players than WoW right now.

Anonymous

It’s pretty awful, but if you’re bored and have nothing better to do then sure.

Anonymous

Welcome to modern Ganker

Anonymous

lower highs and lower lows

Anonymous

She sank on her maiden voyage, but still managed to get out of the port and away to sea first. This is heading for an iceberg: it’s called ‘end-game’ and they already removed it without replacing it. This has been delayed well over a year in order for them to cram World of Raidcraft into it, which isn’t enough time. Even vanilla WoW wasn’t Raidcraft; it needed most of the game to be seriously neglected for almost 3 years first, and all the resources spent on raid content, and even then it took an expansion for it to become the game AGS are trying to make New World.

Anonymous

They already got millions of sales, they could either just do nothing and laugh to the bank or work on content/expansions that they can sell again and both would be profitable

Anonymous

>You promised me it would be another Tortanic
      nobody even knew this game existed until it launched a few days ago. you’re way too new if you think that is anything like what went down with the TORtanic.

Anonymous

>it’s another "anon makes up his own version of history and derides others for not knowing it" episode
        Yawn.

Anonymous

The irony of this post.

Anonymous

There is no irony.
            People have been saying this game is for sure going to be the next TOR since the nearly year long delay that they pulled last minute to rework the entire way the PVE and PVP works in the game. Which was nearly a year ago.

Just because YOU haven’t seen the threads doesn’t mean they weren’t there. And there was certainly a deluge of posting that started with the first closed beta after the delay.

But sure, go ahead, keep thinking that you’re the infallible Ganker historian.

Anonymous

>People have been saying this game is for sure going to be the next TOR since the nearly year long delay
              No one said that. People don’t care about it enough for it to be a Tortanic even if it sunk the same. Tortanics involve people who are extremely passionate about a game ending up on the bottom of the ocean, like happened with TOR and CP2077. New World is just a heavily marketed FOTM.

Anonymous

>It’s another "Anon makes up his own version of history and expects everyone to follow it" episode
                Oh boy, reruns!

Anonymous

Do they require you to post from the wagie cage or are you let out to shill?

Anonymous

You want the dirty secret?
                    I played the game in the first two closed betas and absolutely loved it.
                    Then they decided to gut the combat, rework the game into being a pve/pvp hybrid, and decided to focus on adding dungeons and ‘end game raiding’ to a game that was at the time a spiritual successor to UO.

Then they decided to change everything and fuck it up, and I’ve been shitposting in every single NW thread I can find since then. That’s how I specifically know that people have been pooping on this game since around that time, and people have specifically been saying it’s the next TORTanic.
                    Not that saying it’s the next TORtanic is special or anything, you dipshits will call any game the next TORtanic.

Point is, the threads were there. Just because YOU didn’t participate in them doesn’t suddenly mean they don’t exist.

Anonymous

I shit on all these threads and no one calls it a Tortanic, just another Amazon Games blunder. Again, a prereq for a Tortanic is a passionate community which New World didn’t have. The board went completely silent on the game during their month delay as no one legit cares.

Anonymous

So you went from
                        >literally no one heard about this game until it launched
                        to
                        >no one really talked about the game until it launched
                        to
                        >not many threads were made about the game before it launched, but I was there a part of them for as far back as nearly a year from today
                        to
                        >well they never called it TORtanic
                        Let me guess, the next one will be
                        >well they never called it TORtanic in a thread I was in!
                        or somethin similar.

Just fuck off dude, people like you are on this site are the absolute worst. You will constantly change your story and your argument just to ‘win’ some debate on a Mongolian underwater basket weaving bbs. You probably the type of anon that will
                        literally reply to your own post with contradicting or inflammatory statements just to fish more (you)s from others. Absolutely pathetic.

Anonymous

you dirty gamer… enjoying the new world betas… i bet you loved it didn’t you? i bet you were looking forward to giving amazon your filthy money…

i love a dirty gamer, tell me more…

Anonymous

>Amazon "game"

Anonymous

>778,135 playing
      >750,000 of them are in queue and haven’t played it yet to see how shit it is

Anonymous
      Anonymous

>Why won’t it die?
      It’s already dying, it’ll be over 100k less players today than yesterday. It just got shilled HARD via streamers so had a strong first week. Makes one wonder how much Amazon paid for each purchase, it might be more than the game cost.

Anonymous

>100k less players today than yesterday
        You mean Monday will have less players than over a weekend? I’m shocked! This game is doing great, already easily making a few 100m for amazon. It’s new, cheap and has no monthly fee. Sure its shallow and players will burnout but that’s all mmo games as they cycle with content drops. New World should have at least a few year run and ghat fine for $40

Anonymous

>a game has less players on monday than it does on sunday
        look I get that you’re a neet, but believe it or not, most people aren’t.

i’d love to be playing NW right now, but I’m stuck ta work for another 2 hours with nothing really to do othe than shitpost on Ganker.

Anonymous

>"hot" new game that just released is already failing to beat its weekend peaks
          No matter how you want to look at it, it’s struggling.

Anonymous

>it’s struggling

Anonymous

Amazon bros, what is going on?

Anonymous

it’s fucking fun

Anonymous

As a reminder, if you can’t run furmark and prime95 simultaneously on their highest heat settings overnight then your build is fucked and it’s probably your fault.

Anonymous

>furmark and prime95 simultaneously
        lol

Anonymous

They paid streamer to shill it

Anonymous

It’s very generic MMO and with mmo drought on market i wouldn’t be surprised if this was best MMO this year

Anonymous

[…]

What? I didnt see that

Anonymous

Nvm I’m dumb it’s just some cosmetic.

Anonymous

Just so you know, when I become God-Emperor anyone who had a career as a marketer is getting thrown on a petrol bonfire alive.

Anonymous

How the hell did it not immediately flop? Who is gonna shell out $40-50 bucks for a generic MMO? Almost like 75 percent of popular games on Steam are free or go on sale quite often

Anonymous

>How the hell did it not immediately flop?
        Extreme marketing through streamers. They were running promotions constantly. Zoomers buy whatever they’re told to and play it for a month then move on to the next thing.

Anonymous

Riddle me this Amazon shi–Passionate New World players; If Amazon’s name and massive marketing budget wasn’t tied to this game, would anyone have heard about it or played it?

Anonymous

I heard about if years and years ago when i was still into mmos so probably. I would be more inclined to get it if it wasnt amazon

Anonymous

Most of those people have been waiting to get onto a server since launch lmao

Viewing 37 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.