Is anyone else finding themselves losing taste in more fast-paced retro-styled FPS? Personally I&#03…

Is anyone else finding themselves losing taste in more fast-paced retro-styled FPS? Personally I’m finding games like Doom, Duke Nukem, Blood, Quake, and even games like TF2 less appealing by the day, Meanwhile I’m finding games like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. more enjoyable.
You’d think that a game which is 80% just walking around the wilderness of Eastern Chuckafuck, and then the other 20% is LARPing being in an actual combat scenario wouldn’t be too fun. But for some reason, it is.
Any other anons have that feel?

61 thoughts on “Is anyone else finding themselves losing taste in more fast-paced retro-styled FPS? Personally I&#03…”

  1. Has anyone tried Anomaly survival mode? Does it change absolutely all spawns to zombies or just mutants/stalker and leave merchants?

    Reply
        • [log in to view media]

          Yes, STALKER games are also fun in their own way. I play Stalker Anomaly ironman when i want a tense FPS, i play Doom with a bazillion mods when i just want to rip and tear.

          Reply
          • Rolling a dice to see if you got a headshot or not is not fun to me. And I’m not even talking about across the map pussy mode sniping with pistol iron sights, but like 10-20 meters

          • >Rolling a dice to see if you got a headshot or not is not fun to me
            Literally, and I mean LITEARLLY, doesn’t happen. Seems the car park filtered another absolute retard.

          • I have 5000hrs+ in FPS games I’m pretty sure I can tell the difference between being able to hit a bot that’s standing still vs. the game RNG not giving me a hit. Maybe you don’t.

          • >xhair is dead center on target’s head
            >miss because "bullet spread" on a fucking 9x19mm parebellum fired from a semi auto pistol
            you’re delusional, I can’t bother replying anymore

          • Personally i think that the guns in Stalker are quite precise at least when using mods that rebalance them and its not like you are gonna have a lot of long range fights unless you are roaming around CoP maps. Gun damage is also on point at least with Anomaly, maybe in vanilla it was possible to hit a heavily armored Stalker in the head with a bullet and not kill him but i haven’t played vanilla in ages.

  2. I’ve been thinking about it anons… there are no singleplayer linear shooters being made anymore, whoever pumps out a really high quality 12 hour long singleplayer fps is gonna rake in cash from a currently untapped market. The only releases i’ve seen so far has been more minor stuff like Industria. (And by singleplayer fps i refer to stuff like hl2, F.E.A.R and other games such as those, NOT things like Dusk and other boomer shooters)

    Reply
    • >whoever pumps out a really high quality 12 hour long singleplayer fps is gonna rake in cash from a currently untapped market.
      Doom Eternal was released in 2020, dumbass

      Reply
  3. its because this game reminds you of how miserable your life is, it is relatable to you and other slavs so thats why you like i and its one of the most well known games in eastern europe

    Reply
  4. I’m losing interest in gaming in general. Modern trends don’t appeal to me at all. These days all I play each day is Stalker Anomaly. Sometimes some RuneScape. I force myself to play New World just so I can stay in touch with friends.

    Here’s to hoping Stalker 2 will not be a total pile of shit.

    Reply
      • This is sadly what I am expecting. The mention of Skins and Battle Passes is also deeply worrying. The only thing that has my hopes up is the "Seamless World" but even then that’s just a buzz word that reminds me of Far Cry. Massive spaces with fuck all to do.

        Please don’t fuck this up GSC.

        Reply
          • >you’ve clearly played them.
            Correct.
            Now tell me what do you do in stalker locations? Collect artifacts that are right under you nose? Shoot random bandits/mutants? Collect some loot by shooting woiden crates? Gee weeze, so different from far cry

  5. jank games are good in general because they have actual shit going and you can see devs trying, not to mention the stalker modding scene is filled with so much shit I don’t know what to play first, reaches from insanity to milsim
    fucking 2007 ukraine shooter has more content through modding than CoD or whatever the fuck is popular now

    Reply
  6. You just have shit taste if you are wanking over god awful Stalker games
    >dead ””’open world”””’
    >braindead ai
    >braindead moster ai
    >shit guns and gunplay
    >Embarrassing side quests
    >game turns into shitty corridor towards the end
    Cъeбaл нaхyй

    Reply
  7. i never did like just super fast FPS games, i like games that treat their character development and world building with respect, and slow down to allow themes and atmosphere to dwell, and to have weapons feel like they have impact, fuck bullet sponges, fuck tanking bullets yourself, just give me something viscerally satisfying

    Reply
  8. Arena shooters haven’t appealed because you no longer care about "getting gud" at it. Those types of shooters only cater to players that have the time to dump thousands of hours into getting perfect at it, its just something most people don’t give a shot about anymore as there is a whole slew of games and genres to play instead, or they are caught up in life instead.

    What sounds more appealing, a dumb night of r6 siege with 4 friends or trying to play a game from 1999 that only has the people who can’t let go trashing you 24/7 when you haven’t put in at least 100 hours in the last month into maintaining that skill ceiling?

    Just a thought, ignore the homosexuals who think arena shooters are the end all be all.

    Reply
  9. First of all Call of Pripyat fans need to be thrown off the roof of ChNPP
    Second of all why can’t I enjoy CoC the way I could enjoy AMK 1.4? I’m genuinely thinking of going back and installing AMK, STALKER really is a lot more fun when it has the guided progression of the story and all the neat scripted events.

    Reply
    • >First of all Call of Pripyat fans need to be thrown off the roof of ChNPP
      >Says soc shitter with worse balance, locations and quests
      KEK

      Reply
    • >STALKER really is a lot more fun when it has the guided progression of the story and all the neat scripted events.
      And water is wet, congrats dumbass for figuring it out eventually.
      Stalker was never le sandbox freeplay shit, especially SoC and CS. CoP has more freeplay but it doesn’t have 100000 locations that tou will never visit and actual side quests that impact story, not the randomly generated shit from COCK aka bring me 5 medkits I will give you 100 rub for them.

      Reply
  10. Amid Evil and Dusk are the only ones I’d actually try to finish since they’re actually 3D. All the secret hunting, scrounging for ammo and pseudo 3D makes all the Doom and Build engine games feel pointless to play. I finished most of both Doom games and 2 episodes of Blood before I gave up, as well as a few hours of both Hedon and Ion Maiden but I kept feeling like the they were wasting my time
    Check out Boiling Point: Road to Hell, it’s kind of not really similar to Stalker but it’s got the same kind of gunfights that approach how deadly guns are for real

    Reply
  11. >Is anyone else finding themselves losing taste in more fast-paced retro-styled FPS?
    No. And I say this as someone who only plays the ORIGINAL retro FPS games, not the reboot console trash Bethesda and indies try to shill these days.

    STALKER games are still amazing. I’ve put thousands of hours to each of the 3 titles during the past decade and then some.

    >You’d think that a game which is 80% just walking around the wilderness of Eastern Chuckafuck, and then the other 20% is LARPing being in an actual combat scenario wouldn’t be too fun.
    And there you go, revealing your zoomer mentality and assuming that people would not have LOVED comfy exploration and adventuring since the pre-vidya times already.

    Reply

Add to the conversation